Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I'm watching, every day, and while there are some good scenes, some good acting, the storylines seem disjointed and truncated, with little coherence or much interest, at least for me.  All this editing, dropped scenes, apparent abandoned plots aren't holding my interest very much at all.

Show needs to get back on track, STAT.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, boes said:

Well since it was Greelee, I would have preferred she was hanging out a window 10 stories up, holding on to Ryass's thong, begging for help nobody would give her.  THAT would have been refreshing.

Ryan was the worst on AMC....He was a horrible, pompous ass....He and that harlot Babe drove me away from the show....Just like Sonny, Jason and Carly drove me away from General Hospital....I only stayed with Days because of Wilson, when I had to put up with the perverted Tan Man...

• Love 7

On Days the teen set used to dress normal casual. In Chloe's Ghoul Girl era she wore hoodies or baggy Ts and jeans and shit. And Belle and Mimi wore tanks and camis and jeans or capris occasionally. 

BTW there's a website that sells old clothes that were literally worn by characters on the show, the costume director sends them to if he decides not to reuse them or give or sell them to the actors. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, boes said:

I'm watching, every day, and while there are some good scenes, some good acting, the storylines seem disjointed and truncated, with little coherence or much interest, at least for me.  All this editing, dropped scenes, apparent abandoned plots aren't holding my interest very much at all.

Show needs to get back on track, STAT.

Yeah, boes, that's the ticket -- I feel the same way. It's sitting, awkwardly, between major plot lines and, as we know, writing teams. Hopefully things will come together soon, but it IS May sweeps, oy.

• Love 2

I have to admit that I'm just trying to grab the good things that I can from the episodes:

JJ and Gabi continue to be adorable together and I like that JJ wants Gabi to get the antidote before him because Ari needs her mother--good man!

I liked that Aidan said what we were all thinking about Chase's raping Ciara--how could a boy who loved Ciara like a sister turn around and hurt her so terribly?

I liked Rafe and Aidan talking about all the times the Dimeras kidnapped someone and replaced them with a duplicate--only on soaps :):)

But the worst thing today?  Abby showed up in Chad's daydream wearing a god awful outfit and pledging her undying love.  When will KM be GONE??!!  I can't take anymore of her blandness.

• Love 6

I was under the impression that this virus story was supposed to be a Big Event yet a cure has already been created after only a handful of episodes. What was the purpose of this? To give Sparkle something to do?

I still find Andre to be useless.

This Jade/Joey story is lame. I don't think many teens would find it appealing to live on a commune in 2016. 

I'm over Rafe.

I'm over Aiden.

I need a break from Hope's man drama. 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I was under the impression that this virus story was supposed to be a Big Event yet a cure has already been created after only a handful of episodes. What was the purpose of this? To give Sparkle something to do?

I still find Andre to be useless.

This Jade/Joey story is lame. I don't think many teens would find it appealing to live on a commune in 2016. 

I'm over Rafe.

I'm over Aiden.

I need a break from Hope's man drama. 

Amen to your post. I would like to add that I need a break from Hope...I just realized that I have always liked Bo better than Hope...They have failed to make her interesting outside of her coupling with him, since she came back from the dead, after the cruise of deception...

• Love 2
(edited)

Aiden is going to win the Scumbag of the year by Soap Opera Digest right?  Because if he doesn't I will call major bullshit.

Hope, bish, did you really just say Aiden was VICTIM.  How on ungodly name can this MF be a victim!   He was paid to break up you and Bo, steal from you, lie to you, cover up his first wife's death!!!  Her saying this is only proof the writers are beginning to snow Hope in and force the Haiden pairing.  Let the gaslighting begin!  Hope deserves every bad thing that comes her way if she take him back.  And I hate saying this because I love her but no way would Hope mess with bad rubbish twice.  Don't believe me ask Larry, Franco and Patrick and see where they at!  Either dead or in prison.

And This MF really had the nerve to tell a rape victim that what his son did was a mistake!  MISTAKE!  Wow that's really getting back in good with the family you swear you love, ShadyAiden!  I mean he's only been back a week and I want someone to off with his head.  I actually had to give Rafe props for coming in and making sure that convo didn't get any more strange and repugnant. 

Then OMG Days and GH did something they haven't done in some time and that was have two of their angst pairings end the show - Haiden and Julexis - horrible!  Anyhow, Aiden is now his son - Stalkish.  Coming over to Hope's house with that cheap ass cell phone showing her when they danced together.  At least he was honest that he is desperate.

Deidre Hall must really need her job and all her 401k.   She's been in anti-germ getup for a week and she's about to get a star on the walk of fame.  lol.  And furthermore why the hell hasn't no one called Lucas to tell him his granddaughter is sick and could possibly die!  How does this make sense writers???  How!

Jade and Joey is still awful filler  in the show IMO.  There absolutely no chemistry between these two.  Joey doesn't even look jazzed to be on the run with this girl.  They need to finally go ahead and write them as kin or turn her into some crazy girl with no common sense because thats the only way I can be remotely invested in these two.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

There are villains we like to watch, and then there's ... Andre.

That Dirk guy is pretty creepy.

Should JJ's aunt be treating him when there are other doctors around?

Chase was raised with the right values?  Uh, this is the boy who killed his mother, remember?

Who shot the video of Haiden dancing?

Everybody is standing around Paul's bed like the injection is going to cure him instantaneously.

• Love 3

They really need to consider recasting the actress playing Ciara or scale back her screen time until she gets more comfortable in the role. She doesn't seem to be getting any better.

• Love 5
(edited)

I hate when they tell us, and don't show us.  I would have liked to see Joey help rob the store. It probably would have been highly amusing for all the wrong reasons.  So cheap when they just tell us, and even worse when they have awful actors telling us so you don't really buy into whatever they are saying.  
The Ciara actress is really horribly stiff and awful.  She looks like her face is botoxed, but it isn't, she is just too uncomfortable to allow her facial expressions.  It's bad.  Her line delivery is stilted.

Edited by Revlonred
  • Love 3

Maybe Chase was raised with some good values at some point. Not lately. He had a step-family of sorts but resorted to a crime of power to make up for his weakness and insecurity and not getting what he wanted. When he wanted it. It may have been a 'mistake' but any fool can regret yesterday. Ciara did not see him as a boyfriend; only a brother.

A bit convenient that the CDC had some previous version of the virus. What a waste of a story which may have been a good way to get rid of the Salem deadwood aka cast cuts.

The teen scene would be better off going to ComicCon or trying out for some reality type show. The cult or whatever it is really is uninteresting. No charismatic leader, no anything. Just an excuse to rob a store. Teens can learn to plant and take care of an actual garden! Raise a few chickens! The commune idea was part of the late 60s and early 70s. There is no Vietnam, the Draft, and the peace movement today and it's not really any sort of answer for terrorism. The teens would have been better off with social media - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.

• Love 2
(edited)

Regarding Show right now, 

Y.

A.

W.

N.

Show mishandled the character of Chase so badly.  You all remember that fantasy number they had Ciara do, back around the anniversary, where she did some sort of number about how she was torn between the "good" guy - Theo, yet also wanted the "bad boy" - Chase.  That was way before the rape, just as Show started toying with them being interested in each other, playing with the ambivalence of their relationship.

They must have known that the end game was going to him raping her - it didn't happen THAT much later - yet they still went with it.  It's like sometimes the writers don't remember from one day to the next what their intentions are.

And that leaves me sometimes appalled, sometimes wondering, and way too often lately, just bored.

8 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Everybody is standing around Paul's bed like the injection is going to cure him instantaneously.

It's hard to look away from the Sparkle.  Two, two, TWO mints in ONE!!

Edited by boes
  • Love 5

Is "Sparkle" a reference to gum?

Mar looked hilariously awful and pointy-headed in the CDC scrubs.

Have we gotten any fever dreams out of Paul? Would have been a good opportunity for him to reflect on his Yo Ling brainwashing and past with Sonny. That's the sort of thing an infection storyline is good for.

Chad looks really nice in his red sweater - casual and classy. I was getting tired of his suits. What does he do for work now, though? Does DiMera Enterprises still exist even?

Desperate Aiden is tough to take. No dignity left in this character...

...and did he just confirm in his conversation today with Andre that the "it was a double" business he told Hope (and that we watched last Monday) was total bunk?

• Love 2

Sparkle refers to Paul. I don't remember where it came from, I think someone came up with it because his teeth looked/still look sparkly and he looks like he would be in a toothpaste commercial. I think it evolved into a derogatory term for him...I think...as in he's so shiny and irritating. I don't know. I don't care enough about him to know what his nickname means. 

According to the flashbacks Real Aiden got cold feet and decided he couldn't kill Hope on their wedding night. As he went to leave the house he ran into Andre and Fake Aiden. Andre knocked out Real Aiden and Fake Aiden swooped in to kill Hope. From the Aiden/Andre convo yesterday I believe Andre was offering to tell Hope that Aiden was telling the truth about the doppelganger thing in exchange for Aiden helping him get out of prison. The cops already know that Aiden is telling the truth so I'm not sure why Andre thought he would have an incentive to help him.

• Love 5
(edited)

Is "Sparkle" a reference to gum?

Calling him Sparkle and my inaccurate "two, two, two mints in one" started when he came to town and refers to that old doublemint commercial that always had impossibly bright and cheerful people, with teeth so white, so smiley, that you almost had to turn away from them.  Show - or the actor's own quirk - seemed to emphasize his constant, dimpled smile with those dazzling choppers as if he was either selling whitening strips or ready to reach through the screen and bite our faces off.

Yeah, I'm confused about when the Aiden double actually became the double. Before the wedding or after? Ugh, why do I bother, this whole thing is a mess.

Aiden was really snatched after the wedding, but he's telling hope it was right after the engagement so she won't know he was considering killing her right up to when they cut the cake.

And I see that Left Phalange and I were answering the same questions at the same time!  Hey, LP!!

Edited by boes
  • Love 5

Thanks, Lefty : ) So as of right now, Hope and Aiden are married. Super. I think I'm sick of Hope and her drama ,too.

2 minutes ago, boes said:

Aiden was really snatched after the wedding, but he's telling hope it was right after the engagement so she won't know he was considering killing her right up to when they cut the cake.

Ahh, boes, that makes better sense now, too, thanks : ) How creepy for Hope to think she was engaged to a doppleganger all that time. I like DC, but this is sooo stupid it makes my eyes burn.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, boes said:

And I see that Left Phalange and I were answering the same questions at the same time!  Hey, LP!!

I forgot that Aiden is lying about when he was switched. Him lying is pretty stupid since Andre is still alive and can tell everyone the truth. And it's not like the lie is that much better sounding than the truth anyway. Also, according to the lie, every time she thought she was having sex with Aiden after the engagement she was really having sex with a doppelganger, which means she was raped. I doubt anyone will point that out though. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I liked Rafe and Aidan talking about all the times the Dimeras kidnapped someone and replaced them with a duplicate--only on soaps :):)

I was so excited to hear that conversation. Not that Rafe had any real words of wisdom for Aiden, but I loved the acknowledgement.

2 hours ago, boes said:

And then there's this. Why lie? Hope knows what kind of people the Dimeras are. They force people to do awful stuff all the damned time. It's like I tell my daughter, if you do wrong, I'll be less mad at your wrong-doing than I will be about the lie you use to cover it up. She's 10 and gets it. Why doesn't Aiden? And yes, in the real world, agreeing to kill someone would be a very big deal, but not in Salem. I like Aiden (or maybe I just like DC), and I believe that they could have gotten past that. I wish that Aiden had been honest with Hope, begged for mercy, redeemed himself, and then teamed up to do away with Andre (but not really, because I'd miss that son of a bitch).  Not that EJ and Sami should be the standard bearers for anything, but you know, if the Show can make them into a viable, rootable couple after the rape, they could do it with a previously much more likable pair.

I was a little mad at Aiden with Ciara, but I did understand how hard it must have been to come to terms with what Chase did. But, damn, Aiden! The victim gets your support and an "I'm sorry this happened to you", not your doubt. This is one of those situations where you go to that sad little park bench at Horton Square and talk it over, out loud and to yourself. Which reminds me of how much I miss the pier. That was a much better place to be (not really) alone with your (possibly incriminating) thoughts. 

• Love 3

There was a lot of people killed and attacked on that pier. 

Also it reminded me too much of the one on General Mobsters.

And isn't Salem in Illinois...so the only the piers I think of are much more highly trafficked like Navy Pier, ones in the North Shore and they aren't really ports for trading and deliveries but for rich people's toys or booze cruises. 

48 minutes ago, Revlonred said:

Hey everyone, the quarantine is over! Brady said so!  Wasn't that exciting?!?! 

I get your meaning and normally I'd be on that train 100% but...I think this was about the editing down of the crap stories ...so I'm okay with that if it means we can get to better stuff ... faster.

• Love 1

I'm very surprised that Anne didn't want to join Theresa in her scheming. That was very strange yet interesting. I also love how she was being a great and loyal friend and she was basically trying to talk her off the edge. It's amazing that all this time I thought Anne was a bad influence on her but she's actually being the calm, stable influence that she really needs right now. I wonder if maybe Theresa might have been rubbing off on her somehow... I also chuckled a bit when Anne mentioned that Theresa also changed her name too and not just Summer. 

I had to chuckle when Belle even conceded with Theresa's assertion that Brady has a hero complex and laughed at him. I'm still annoyed that Brady thinks Theresa's being unreasonable about Summer and she needs to give her a chance. Um, she doesn't... 

• Love 4
(edited)

Too bad more scenes with Failure Lite and Summer's Eve in them aren't being cut.

Of course the writers don't use the virus *story* to get rid of some dead weight.

Boring episode.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3
(edited)

I missed most of last week so....yeah? You tell me, LOL.

So the virus didn't hurt anyone?

Nice to see the Martin House. Did we get to see the end of Julie and Maggie's conversation though? I don't know about Julie and the Martins...

Dangit, I was starting to get back aboard the Haiden ship a bit today when he appeared behind her at the cemetery. Bo's sign!

Maybe 10 months from now, after Chase and Rafe are dealt with and if Ciarra has given her blessing, I can just pretend this whole mess never happened and enjoy them together again, as if the storyline never went down the pooper.

It's gonna take a lot of time and forgetting.

As much as I agree with Theresa, it is grating to hear her constantly harping on about Summer. It's all they allow her to do. Can't wait for Summer to be gone.

Now someone make me some High Tea, please...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

I get your meaning and normally I'd be on that train 100% but...I think this was about the editing down of the crap stories ...so I'm okay with that if it means we can get to better stuff ... faster.

I admire your optimism that better stuff is coming.

• Love 4

I love seeing Anne and all her gorgeous hair.   Her humor is always on beat.   I wish the show could go ahead and chem test she and Roman.   Roman has been a boring fart since he and Kate split,  Anne would be a great pick me up for him. 

I loved Bo's headstone.   It's the least this show can do after they gave such an iconic character a junglefied funeral.   And Jesus Aiden creepy in the background.    Now we all know where Chase gets his creepy stalker behavior,  dear ol dad.  And oh didn't like how he was trying to touch Hope.   I pray that's not a sign of things to come.   Stalker to Controlling Aiden to DV Aiden?  He's not getting the hint she doesn't want to be pressured. 

Good to see Brady and Belle recognized they were brother/sister.   If only they can do the same with Shawn/Ciara.  Nevertheless,  Brady is still a dumbass.   He wants to say Theresa is insecure when he's the one giving out 50K to a con woman.   Comedy. 

Other than that it was a filler episode,  nothing special today. 

• Love 3

I thought "somebody we love" was supposed to die of the virus?

Anne!  It's been so long!

Are we going to see Summer's father now? Maggie seems to be really worried about seeing him.  I wonder what the back story is there.

Aiden is just full of lies.

• Love 2

I agree about Anne's hair, however would prefer her with Lucas instead of Roman. 

They seem like a good match actually. Both sarcastic. And it would get on Jennifer's nerves. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I agree about Anne's hair, however would prefer her with Lucas instead of Roman. 

They seem like a good match actually. Both sarcastic. And it would get on Jennifer's nerves. 

LMFAOOOOO true but I'm trying to get the baby some screentime.   You know Josh Taylor and Corday are homies so yeah.   

• Love 1

I enjoyed today's episode more than any other in the past week.  I know, it was mostly filler, but these days I like the snacks better than the full meal on offer.

Ann alone is enough to make me happy, and whoever is writing Ann with a semblance of personal growth but NOT losing her edge should get a gold star.  Good job!

Maggie looked great and so did Tea at the Martin house.  She and Julie were good - Julie without Doug, in small doses, is always good, such a solid reminder of good Days gone by.

I enjoyed Aiden today until I didn't.  As much as I liked his coupling with Hope, I just don't see the point.  And although unlike some of you, I have enjoyed Hope being central to storylines, this is one man too far in the ping pong game of her love life.  And it's doomed, anyway.  

How sad is that, though?  Her choices are Aiden, who tried to kill her, or Rafe, who WILL bore her to death.

I enjoy the CONCEPT of Belle and Brady as siblings, but then Belle opens her mouth and proceeds to whine, he starts to talk and the usual boneheadisms pour out and I just hit the mute button.  There was some serious genetic degradation going on when these two were concieved.  But then, Jawn isn't exactly batting with a full deck.  I'm convinced he calls Marlena "Doc" and Brady "Kid" because he can't remember their names.  How did he keep an acting job for all these years, again???

I've been patient with Show about Dario, mainly because I like JV, but they've got to give him something to do besides be pissy with his dad and all shifty with Summer.

Who wants to bet that the reason Maggie wants Summer to drop her inquiries about her father is because the guy raped her?  The way she reacts, it seems likely.  

And this IS Salem.  We haven't had a rape or a rape reference in about 4 months.  We're way past due.

• Love 10

I like the sensible Anne who chose to not give up her day job, just yet. Instead of just having her own agenda, she has become a voice of common sense for Theresa. Girl, you have a good friend. Keep her.

I really thought Bo was a bit older than being born in 1963 (according to his headstone). I recall that Hope was born in 1964, but that has probably changed and she has been made a bit younger. I thought he was at least 25 when he first met Hope.

Aiden, go away and take Chase with you.

Summer/Cindy/whoever you are, please go away. Why so interested in your biological father at this time? Your mom doesn't have his surname. He probably knows nothing about you and most likely has his own life now. Maybe you are hoping he is as rich as Maggie, or even richer.

Brady, you are not a hero. Stop trying to rescue women who can help themselves.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I like the sensible Anne who chose to not give up her day job, just yet. Instead of just having her own agenda, she has become a voice of common sense for Theresa. Girl, you have a good friend. Keep her.

I really thought Bo was a bit older than being born in 1963 (according to his headstone). I recall that Hope was born in 1964, but that has probably changed and she has been made a bit younger. I thought he was at least 25 when he first met Hope.

Summer/Cindy/whoever you are, please go away. Why so interested in your biological father at this time? Your mom doesn't have his surname. He probably knows nothing about you and most likely has his own life now. Maybe you are hoping he is as rich as Maggie, or even richer.

I agree. If they can write Anne like this, then they can also write Theresa the same way. It's not that hard. The writers just have to put in more effort. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I really dislike Summer, a lot.  I want her gone.  But, it does make sense that she would want to know who her birth father is and whether she has sibs. Maggie shutting her down so harshly does point to rape, not a teen lovefest.

• Love 4

I thought it was nice of DOOL to make Peter Reckell aka Bo almost 10 years younger. Bo's tombstone was dated Nov. 5, 1963 whereas Peter Reckell was born in May 7, 1955. I guess it's the least they could do for him with the crappy rush job of Bo being captured, tortured, escaping and having about a week of happiness with Hope. That said, I wonder if I can shave a few years off my tombstone when I die?! LOL!!!

• Love 5
(edited)

It was more like ONE DAY of almost happiness.

And yes...when they met, he was older. There are clips online.

Just watched through most of the virus storyline and am extremely underwhelmed. Gabi loses her sight near the start but then sees fine in all the following scenes? Patients are wandering all around? No fever dream fantasy sequences? No clear explanation for whether Yo-yo Mad meant for this to happen? And two dead we never even meet and a sudden cure?

Botched. It all felt really disjointed and shapeless.

And Paul didn't seem as distant and affected by his brainwashing after the engagement party, now that I think about it. Consistency is so lacking. 

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, boes said:

I enjoyed today's episode more than any other in the past week.  I know, it was mostly filler, but these days I like the snacks better than the full meal on offer.

Ann alone is enough to make me happy, and whoever is writing Ann with a semblance of personal growth but NOT losing her edge should get a gold star.  Good job!

Maggie looked great and so did Tea at the Martin house.  She and Julie were good - Julie without Doug, in small doses, is always good, such a solid reminder of good Days gone by.

I enjoyed Aiden today until I didn't.  As much as I liked his coupling with Hope, I just don't see the point.  And although unlike some of you, I have enjoyed Hope being central to storylines, this is one man too far in the ping pong game of her love life.  And it's doomed, anyway.  

How sad is that, though?  Her choices are Aiden, who tried to kill her, or Rafe, who WILL bore her to death.

I enjoy the CONCEPT of Belle and Brady as siblings, but then Belle opens her mouth and proceeds to whine, he starts to talk and the usual boneheadisms pour out and I just hit the mute button.  There was some serious genetic degradation going on when these two were concieved.  But then, Jawn isn't exactly batting with a full deck.  I'm convinced he calls Marlena "Doc" and Brady "Kid" because he can't remember their names.  How did he keep an acting job for all these years, again???

I've been patient with Show about Dario, mainly because I like JV, but they've got to give him something to do besides be pissy with his dad and all shifty with Summer.

Who wants to bet that the reason Maggie wants Summer to drop her inquiries about her father is because the guy raped her?  The way she reacts, it seems likely.  

And this IS Salem.  We haven't had a rape or a rape reference in about 4 months.  We're way past due.

Boes, I love Hope, I enjoyed her more before her "death"  in the cruise of deception storyline...Bo and Hope were magical and so awesome. I feel that Bo and Hope were in some ways very disconnected from one another, after she came back from the dead..The horrible storylines damaged them alot as a couple..We had the Princess Gina saga,I always hated that because Stefano had nothing to do with Hope's death, it had to do with Victor's past hurting Bo; but, I digress. The Nighttime  Hope storyline penned by Dena Higley,  where she tried to kill Bo, by burning him alive..Bo's affair with Carly, it was trashy  and demeaning to both Bo and Carly. As a Barly fan, it hurt me to my soul to see that..Bo and Carly part 1 was so awesome, due to it's slow burn and it started with a look at the cheating heart... Zach's death and Bo's coverup of Chelsea's involvement, Billie's constant interference of Bope....Plus, we always had  Hope constantly blaming Bo for everything under the sun. Bo was far from perfect, but, he always meant well, just like his big sister Kim..

• Love 2

This episode was better than yesterday's in my book

Finally we get scenes between BB's Shawn and Hope talking about her problems.  While I'm happy they had a convo, still the writing makes BB so small as Shawn. Shawn Douglas would NEVER be ok with his mother taking back a man that has dirty deeds like that let alone what his son did to his sister.  He should had been way more upset that his mother would remotely entertain taking back Aiden.  He should be fuming!  Shawn when played by Jason Cook never liked or wanted her to be with Aiden at all, hell, he didn't even trust him the moment he saw Aiden.  

Julie thought was the star of the show today.  Susan know when she gets some cameratime she is going to use it to her advantage.  She was totally handin Aiden his ballsack.  I think it is key to have Julie play a huge role in this storyline because this is her sister!  

Also liked that Eddie and Rafe are going to do some digging on Aiden.  I hope this means that they will find some stuff about he and his first marriage to his precious Meredith.  

The Deimos/KAte/Nicole scenes were good.  Kate is proving yet again when she has a little competition when it comes to a man she will stop at nothing to make sure she keeps him.  She surely doesn't want to lose him to Nicole, because that would be two times she lost men to her, lol.  

• Love 5
(edited)

So just one night in the hospital for observation after being on the verge of death, huh?  That's a great cure.

Ooh, damn, Julie!

Maggie's silver suit is very pretty. As is Nicole's shirt.

"Salem is Maggie's home. Her family is here." Except for her children ...

Adams?  What happened to Henderson? I hope he got a pension.

A lot of well-written conversations today.

Kate loves to have relationships with guys that nobody else can stand.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2

Oh forgot the dream sequence,  that was weak.   The writers were trying to hit a beat and messed it up.   Itshould had been Ciara walk in on Hope/Aiden/Chase being a merry family and Ciara screamed at the top of her lungs.    Very lazy written scene. 

• Love 1

Observations du jour:

I understand Julie being upset about initially seeing Aidan, but after Roman explained the switch, and not knowing the crazy assed details, you would think she would have calmed down with him.  Knowing salem and all it's look-alike switches, you would think she would be a little easier on Aidan knowing he didn't try to kill Hope and that he was a man Hope once loved.  People react as if they already know every detail, before they even do!

Did the actor who plays Chase have a 10-inch growth spurt since we last saw him?  He looked really tall and leggy in that one scene we saw of him.

If Aidan can have an evil-twin, why didn't his son Chase have one too?  It could have kept the actor/charcter on the canvas and instant redemption to him.  They could have had Aidan kidnapped and Chase as well as extra re-assurance that Aidan wouldn't try to escape.  Meanwhile pod-Chase has been brainwashed and told he loves Ciara and "do what it takes" to have her and with his crazy brainwash mindset and Dimera payroll, the nutjob raped her figuring this is what Andre meant and off to jail he goes.  Real Chase comes back, and while it's odd to see him again without the thought of rape, the real Chase did nothing and would never hurt Ciara.  There is still drama and conflict, but the issue has been explained.

Was Maggie wearing silver pleather pants or leggings?  She just seems a bit too old for that.  But then again, she was 17 when she had Summer who is apparently the same age range as Brady, which would make Maggie younger than John and Isabella when they had Brady...

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, LadyJaney said:

Observations du jour:

I understand Julie being upset about initially seeing Aidan, but after Roman explained the switch, and not knowing the crazy assed details, you would think she would have calmed down with him.  Knowing salem and all it's look-alike switches, you would think she would be a little easier on Aidan knowing he didn't try to kill Hope and that he was a man Hope once loved.  People react as if they already know every detail, before they even do!

Did the actor who plays Chase have a 10-inch growth spurt since we last saw him?  He looked really tall and leggy in that one scene we saw of him.

If Aidan casn have an evil-twin, why didn't his son Chase have one too?  It could have kept the actor/charcter on the canvas and instant redemption to him.  They could have had Aidan kidnapped and Chase as well as extra re-assurance that Aidan wouldn't try to escape.  Meanwhile pod-Chase has been brainwashed and told he loves Ciara and "do what it takes" to have her and with his crazy brainwash mindset and Dimera payroll, the nutjob raped her figuring this is what Andre meant and off to jail he goes.  Real Chase comes back, and while it's odd to see him again without the thought of rape, the real Chase did nothing and would never hurt Ciara.  There is still drama and conflict, but the issue has been explained.

Was Maggie wearing silver pleather pants or leggings?  She just seems a bit too old for that.  But then again, she was 17 when she had Summer who is apparently the same age range as Brady, which would make Maggie younger than John and Isabella when they had Brady...

Yes.  In for a penny, in for a six pack of doppelganger.

And Julie, for the love of God, please mistake superglue for lip gloss.  I'd like you so much better.

Loved the Maggie/Nicole scenes.

Victor, you're not an innocent in all this.  At all.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, LadyJaney said:

If Aidan can have an evil-twin, why didn't his son Chase have one too?  It could have kept the actor/charcter on the canvas and instant redemption to him.  They could have had Aidan kidnapped and Chase as well as extra re-assurance that Aidan wouldn't try to escape.  Meanwhile pod-Chase has been brainwashed and told he loves Ciara and "do what it takes" to have her and with his crazy brainwash mindset and Dimera payroll, the nutjob raped her figuring this is what Andre meant and off to jail he goes.  Real Chase comes back, and while it's odd to see him again without the thought of rape, the real Chase did nothing and would never hurt Ciara.  There is still drama and conflict, but the issue has been explained.

It's too easy. Now every narrative misstep can be explained away by a twin? It's bad enough they're pulling this out with Aiden, and they're only doing it because they realized how badly they crapped the bed with Cosgrove, who viewers liked. Chase didn't get time to matter to viewers. He can't be "redeemed".

...and neither can Aiden. Hope was still strangled by a man who looked exactly like Aiden (apparently). When will that NOT bother her? And if RapistChase was also a clone, would that really make Ciara feel all that much better? She was still raped. Doubles or not, that can't be undone.

And the show's implication that excuses about doubles being responsible can clear all the problems up is insulting to the characters and audience.

But then, I'm still not okay with Sami "loving" her rapist.

I do get where you are coming from though. I wish we could undo alot that's happened lately, from the rape, to Bo's over/underdone return, to TraitorAiden to Stefano's Hun?! Sudden Exit.

And much as TeenTheo makes TeenCiara palatable, I still would have much rather seen LittleEntitledCiara and LittleChase continuing to grow into their blended family relationship.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's too easy. Now every narrative misstep can be explained away by a twin? It's bad enough they're pulling this out with Aiden, and they're only doing it because they realized how badly they crapped the bed with Cosgrove, who viewers liked. Chase didn't get time to matter to viewers. He can't be "redeemed".

...and neither can Aiden. Hope was still strangled by a man who looked exactly like Aiden (apparently). When will that NOT bother her? And if RapistChase was also a clone, would that really make Ciara feel all that much better? She was still raped. Doubles or not, that can't be undone.

And the show's implication that excuses about doubles being responsible can clear all the problems up is insulting to the characters and audience.

But then, I'm still not okay with Sami "loving" her rapist.

I do get where you are coming from though. I wish we could undo alot that's happened lately, from the rape, to Bo's over/underdone return, to TraitorAiden to Stefano's Hun?! Sudden Exit.

And much as TeenTheo makes TeenCiara palatable, I still would have much rather seen LittleEntitledCiara and LittleChase continuing to grow into their blended family relationship.

Grimshit and Hackley really did a number on the show..They did an awful job with the characters. I have never understood why Stefano  hired Aiden to kill Hope..It never made sense to their history. Andre tried to kill Hope back when he was a serial killer framing Roman for his murders on behalf of Stefano. I have always been puzzled by Stefano's involvement in the hit..Stefano has always had a weird and creepy relationship with Both Hope and Marlena. I would dare say that he was very paternal with an amnesiac Hope in Maison Blanche and he was also very sweet to a Pregnant Hope, when they were locked away together by Princess Gina...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

You're right, of course, but I wouldn't put it past the showrunners to do it anyway.  Oh, it's a long shot with Chase for all the reasons you've said, but with the utter carelessness they've shown towards characters and family history, towards motivations, the lack of definition anymore between good and bad, the extreme bumpiness of storyline continuity, I'd put nothing past this regime anymore.

Poof!  Magic Aiden!!

Sha-ZAMM, Chase is exonerated!!

Show seems to have so little regard for the show itself, not to mention the viewers, if it happened, I wouldn't be that surprised.

And that's a bad thing, because it leaves us all a little removed, a little leery about investing in any storyline, or any character.  

• Love 3