Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Ugh, more Daniel flashbacks.  Enough already. WWDD? (What Would Daniel Do?)

Why do people put up with the way Andre treats them, especially if he isn't paying them?

GV is doing a great job with this story.  And AZ always does.

Come on, Show, you really need to have more light!  What's the point of showing us scenes that are too dark to see what's going on?

Why would Shawn go running around the house yelling if the house is locked and the lights are off?  Maybe nobody's home, hm?

Wow, Lucas on the show for five seconds!

Why was Ciera snooping in Chase's phone?

• Love 6

I think Ciera stumbled on an "extra" phone that Chase was using presumably to bully Theo. Shawn sure did look like a dope -- I thought he was in the family business of law enforcement or private investigation at one time, right? Of course, he has no clue that his mother killed Stefano and Andre's on the hunt for the family since he apparently only just got back to town in time to have several confrontations with Belle and Philip over several days but not check on his mom. There's that weird bending of time again, show. 

I hope Andre's face heals up quick - it's really gross and I wind up squinting my eyes instead of watching him do the scene. 

The Brady stuff is starting to bore me. I wonder, is Brady taking care of Tate when Theresa goes to a meeting? And Kate, by the way, usually I love you but you can give a grieving woman more than a few days to get over this loss. I hate when the show amps up the bitch factor with Kate. 

Jennifer's getting around better with her back pain that me today : )

• Love 7

I liked today's show, with the exception of any and all things Taniel.  Honestly, if Brady is going to be picking up messages encoded in Taniel's muscle tissue, it should be an endless loop of Daniel staring transfixed into a mirror while singing "You are So Beautiful", or the pick up lines he lifted from the "Pina Colada" song.  

Have they tested his jockstrap yet for miraculous powers?

I'm happy to see Jenn with a storyline that does not revolve around her daughter, or her son or Daniel.  MR deserves better and we deserve to see the Jenn of old, not the constant smug and superior, judgemental harpy she became with Daniel and Abigail.   I've had problems with her publically stated personal beliefs on some social issues, but she's stayed quiet about those since the upset they caused some years back and I just want to see her undeniable talent and her long history with the show used properly.  

How - and why - did Andre's scarf survive the demolition?  

I always enjoy seeing the Gang of Three - Kate, Nicole and Theresa in scenes together but I'm sorry to see Show doing the same old, same old, with them every time.  And I'm not thrilled about Show breaking up what could have been an awesome, women-centric business storyline and instead having Nicole and Theresa team up with Brady for a business venture.  I can almost enjoy Brady in small doses, but having him with these two practically guarantees they'll end up the "little women" and he'll be the big dog.  

And he's just not that smart.  Ever.  And now with Daniel's heart infecting his tiny brain, he can only get dumber.

Nicole and Eric were wonderful today.  She expressed her anger at him, along with her former admiration for him which had been lacking up till now.  That makes what's happened so much more poignant.  AZ is a powerhouse and I hope Show can keep that momentum going after the Daniel grief washes off.  

Spray tans do wash off.  One long shower and she should be ready to go.

I'm NOT happy that Show took the easy way out and seems to have made Chase the guy who has been taunting Theo - at least that's what it looked like to me today with whatever Ciara found on his phone.  The actor is one of the more talented of the young cast members.   Minority opinion here, but I don't think the actress playing Ciara is all that bad, as long as she's not having to carry heavy drama.  Her awkwardness, and the way she is with KA seem very relatable to me.  Throwing her head first into the Bo storyline was a tough introduction.

Lucas....Show.....USE HIM AS MORE THAN A TALKING PROP.  

• Love 9

How does Andre still have goons if he's not paying them? Do goons accept IOUs? 

The Eric and Nicole scenes were great. I'm still disgusted that they felt the need to trash Eric like this.

Why do they have to make Kate a hateful bitch for no reason.

The pointless Brady/Fynn scenes and repetitive Kate/Nicole/Theresa scenes should have been scrapped so Lucas could have gotten more screen time. 

• Love 7

Has the Horton cabin been renovated and expanded to include extra bedrooms?

Didn't know that Hope fished. At this time of year, if the ice isn't solid, it's not exactly safe. Is Salem near salt water or fresh water to get to Smith Island?

I wouldn't be a happy unpaid goon.

Maybe Andre should have put Fatha on Hope's couch. Although I commend him being able to get out of the building's implosion and haul hefty Stefano all by himself. Deadweight is heavy.

• Love 4

Oh Bart, he was great! So Shawn came in the house looking around in the dark? I guess he didn't call either Ciara or Hope? Yelling for Ciara to take off her headphones..if she had headphones on, she CANT HEAR YOU dummy! He had a very active day before coming to see his mom with confronting Philip, seeing Claire, visiting Belle twice already. I really didn't want Chase to be the one bullying Theo. I hope Ciara found something else. I think she is getting better in scenes with everyone especially Hope.

Nice to see you Lucas! If only to dispense advice. I do like seeing the brother/sister interaction of him and Jennifer. Glad you remembered Days.

I was excited for Nicole/Theresa/ Kate and Basic Black but as a lot if you have said the scenes between them have now become repetitive. If Nicole and Theresa are going to leave lets get to it! I know it will be some work but this same dialogue is dragging what could have been an interesting story.

Edited by Bwill3133
  • Love 5

The Eric and Nicole scenes were great. I'm still disgusted that they felt the need to trash Eric like this.

Why do they have to make Kate a hateful bitch for no reason.

Maybe the goons have sent invoices in the words "Bill Me."

I like Eric, but he has to face the consequences of his actions. He's a good guy that made a horrible decision. It's real life which I can appreciate. But I will say Eric/GV is a pretty crier.

• Love 4

I just can't with Rafe trying to be all tough with his childhood in West Salem. West Salem, really? He was trying to make it sound like it was the Bronx in the 70's when it's probably just the area of town where there's like one abandoned house that bored teenagers go to smoke pot, I mean it's Salem!   Shawn D looked really dumb today running through a darkened house all, "Is anyone home????". I'm okay with the idea of Nicole and Theresa going into business for themselves, but I have an idea it will get all convoluted with Brady having Daniel's memories (a plot point that is even dumber than Shawn D running around a dark empty house). I can't believe I'm going to say something nice about Jennifer, but good on her for calling in Lucas and not giving up on Eric.  I'll be glad when/if the show finally forgets that Daniel was a thing.   

Edited by sashabear21
  • Love 6

Maybe Andre should have put Fatha on Hope's couch. Although I commend him being able to get out of the building's implosion and haul hefty Stefano all by himself. Deadweight is heavy.

...so they showed that Stefano survived the explosion? I didn't see this episode so details, please...

Andre found a body - well a hand and ring. No idea if he dragged the body out.

yeah, wondering about that, too. The way Andre was compromised physcially when he was lurching all over the Dimeara study would make it hard to believe he could have dragged a body anywhere. BUT, he did emerge through the secret door, so who knows.....

• Love 1

Oh okay - I thought we actually saw Andre pulling a body, the way that post was worded. I caught the clip online of him finding Stef's body under the rubble, with the hand sticking out...but misunderstood and thought there were additional scenes of Andre with a big bag or something...

• Love 1

I just can't with Rafe trying to be all tough with his childhood in West Salem. West Salem, really? He was trying to make it sound like it was the Bronx in the 70's when it's probably just the area of town where there's like one abandoned house that bored teenagers go to smoke pot, I mean it's Salem!   

And everyone knows its the South side that's usually the bad area of town

• Love 3

Has the Horton cabin been renovated and expanded to include extra bedrooms?

Didn't know that Hope fished. At this time of year, if the ice isn't solid, it's not exactly safe. Is Salem near salt water or fresh water to get to Smith Island?

I wouldn't be a happy unpaid goon.

I don't watch all that closely but I thought Andre found Stefano and then they imploded the building, hence his major wounds.  Did we see him leave the imploded building?  The next scene I recall is him coming through one of the secret doors.  If they expect us to believe that he hauled Stefano out of that building, and no one saw them, and then hauled him into the secret passages......

• Love 1

I am bored to death of this show right now. Is there anything worth watching? At all?

I ended up not watching all last week and binged watched it over the weekend. The show is so dark, with so many unlikeable characters now, I just don't feel the need to catch up every day.

Crappy, uninteresting storylines with some crappy actors does not make for compelling television. And I miss Maxine.

• Love 2

Philip's dialogue was was so strange "Belle, the sun doesn't rise and set on that fair head"... "you're a girl who gets her day of the week panties in a twist if she wore Tuesday On Thursday" This is some Pacey Whitter shit and he's no Joshua Jackson and I'm not 14.

Also Phil you wouldn't have fried in Chicago but something during apprehension or custody is always possible.

• Love 4

Errands done for the day now updating the idiot characters of Days...

LouJack, I mean, Deimos don't give a fuck about Caroline and wants to destroy Victor. Phillip is getting scared.

Ava still sleep on the couch and Steve asking why she kidnap Kayla.

So this "bullying" mess is just plot point to get Chase/Ciara/Theo going.

I almost didn't watch today, but did eventually turn it on for the 2nd half.  And I spent most of the time rolling my eyes and shaking my head.

Seriously, all that fuss because Chase went missing,  How big is Smith Island anyway, that everyone is searching for him. And wouldn't someone have seen him get on the ferry.  And, again, what's the big life or death deal that Ciara is going on about.  So much eye rolling during those scenes. But I will say, Ciara does look like she could be Hope's daughter.

Then the whole Deimos vs Victor feud.  Though not as fragile looking as Stefano was, there is still something not right watching a younger man threaten an 82 year old man.  Especially one who is a shell of his former self.  I mean, he let Clyde get away with trying to kill Sonny! The real Victor would have succeeded in killing Clyde, and would take care of Deimos, as well.  So I had a lot of eye rolling during those scenes too. 

Then there is Claire's singing.  Is she supposed to be a good singer?  Or is Eve just seeing a good singer because she feels like she needs a daughter-figure in her life.   I can't carry a note to save my life, but I'm not impressed with Claire's singing.

And then Ava/Steve.  The kiss.  Ugh.... more head shaking from me.

And Belle/Philip.... just don't care. 

Not sure if I'll watch tomorrow or not.  Must reread the spoilers and see if anything sounds watchable.

• Love 1

Seg. 2

VJ/CiError and these angry scene still makes me mad. She still does that teeth thing. UGH.

Phillip wants to tell Belle what LouJack is doing. Belle wants to actually be a good parent and he's shocked (hence he and Mimi son was given up for adoption so he wouldn't know good parenting).

Lord in the morning!!! Claire... Either she rusty, nervous or no good.

Seg 3

Phillip wants to tell Belle what Deimos has done. He wants a lawyer and it would be her. He doesn't know she will be his friend after what mess he has done.

CiError rumbles on that Theo wouldn't say a bad word to anyone. (Me: The kid hardly talks... soooo, yeah). CiError tells Hope she hopes Chase didn't pick on Theo because of her (Me: Obviously! Ooo Hope has finally changed her nail color. That Pink/Grey was getting nasty). Rafe comes back and Chase lives up to his name and has ran away.

There was a black market that was carried through Indonesia as a starting point. Omg... It's Kayla is this a compound woodshed

Edited by BlackMamba

Seg 5

MAKE IT STOP DAYS!!! CLAIRE CANT SING!!!

Thank god Eve was moved to tears which saved these scenes.

Ha! Deimos said Victor is not a good actor (Me: Clearly the writers wants us to know who the better actor between JA and VI as if we didn't know already

Seg 6

Deimos keeps telling Victor he will get whats coming to him. Victor clapsback and tells him hes been a gated animal for 30 years and if he's in a coffin next so be it. Deimos says the goes double. Maggie comes back and awkward.

Phillip tells Belle Deimos wants a business for a less than honorable purpose and that he got threatened. Belle wants Phillip to tell Victor, but he afraid. Belle suggests telling Jawn (Me: Ok writers when is Jawn going to find out Stefano is done. Hmm).

The love talk gets brought up again between Ava and Steve and how they will find the boy.

Chase is home, in the dark, looking at some long draw out texts from CiError. He tells her "This is goodbye". CiError gets the texts and calls.

(God why does it feel like this episode so long)

Can they bring back T? Can Belle and Phillip's screen time go to him and Lucas? 

Yes, to both of those, please. I miss T SO much!!! There isn't anyone left from that time except Gabby. I guess they could pick up that "romance" again and have it be a triangle with T/Gabby/JJ. Maybe it could be the InitialTriangle Saga!

Seriously, though. Brendan was hot in a rough kinda way. I can't explain it. I'm weak.

• Love 2

Illinois doesn't have the death penalty which should be common knowledge to the show since a very controversial governor signed the law abolishing it and released many who were wrongfully convicted. Not only that but Chicago police have several situations recently where they killed people under dicey situations during arrests like that man outside Burger King so for this to be plot point mentioning a CPD Captain is in poor taste. Finally this entire story with the politicians druggy daughter dying in a hookup with a rich scion and the bullying story were both done on Y&R another soap at the same time recently. Maybe by that Josh writer guy who works on Days now?? Lazy shit.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 5

Hope needs to pay her electricity bill. 

Thaao Penghlis on AfterBuzz yesterday was complaining about the show being too dark.

Wow, Chase was the bully.  Surprise! Not.

Chase and Ciara have their confrontation and next thing we know, they're gone?

Yay, Joey finally gets it.

Sorry, Claire is not a "fantastic" singer. And please find another song!

"It's a small island."  That island's dimensions seem to change based on story requirements.  When that guy from the prison kidnapped Gabi and Nick, it took forever to find where they were.

Oh, come on, stop with the waterworks over Daniel.  Bo and Will didn't get this kind of treatment.

How did Chase get back to the mainland if he never got on the ferry?

• Love 4

Claire cannot sing.  At all.  Her voice is horrible.   Is Eve just drunk? 

So, the storyline that originally got Higley fired from Days is back in all its gory {sic}.   I do not want to see Kayla and Steve split for even a fake minute by Ava.

I'm taking a break after KDP's last appearance tomorrow.

• Love 3

Illinois doesn't have the death penalty which should be common knowledge to the show since a very controversial governor signed the law abolishing it and released many who were wrongfully convicted.

It says under Wikipedia if you google "Does Illinois have a death penalty" it slaps you in the face. No excuse for the lazy ass, lack of research there:

All were executed by lethal injection. Governor Pat Quinn signed legislation on March 9, 2011 to abolish the death penalty in Illinois, and commuted the death sentences of the fifteen inmates on Illinois' death row to life imprisonment.

So, the storyline that originally got Higley fired from Days is back in all its gory {sic}. I do not want to see Kayla and Steve split for even a fake minute by Ava.

The insiders keep saying personal leave.

I think a lot of the stories have went down south since she started back writing head from it appears from December til now.

Hey, Steve-instead of kissing Ava, why not get John Black involved or you know, HAVE HER ARRESTED!   Giving Ava what she wants has never worked before.

So, you can find a clue to a tiny baby who may or may not have been sold, and you can find Bo in Mexico but you can't find Kayla in Salem!   Seriously.    WTF, Patch?

• Love 8

Thaao Penghlis on AfterBuzz yesterday was complaining about the show being too dark.

Correction he was saying he didn't get quality lighting in a joking way. And he doesn't feel sorry for no character going through darkness since his characters been killed off several times. He was a good interview. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

It all started with George Ryan and the whole situation was very infamous since he was goig to prison himself and like 36 were released and it on Oprah CNN ect. My pt was what you said the writers really should know better if they will reference something like that its like saying a character is busted for weed in CO. But this is the show that thinks the park set used weekly for 2 yrs passes for the Vatican, San Francisco, & DiMera Mansion grounds.

So a Chase is revealed to be unstable -- tormenting and bullying an autistic boy. He is one sadistic nightmare in the making.

I already can't stand Joey who is the poster boy for stupidity, and Steve is showing the stupid didn't fall far from the moron who produced him. By the time the nightmare of SWMNBN is over, Steve will have shown himself to be wholly unworthy, thus reminding us why every woman he was ever involved with aside from Kayla has been a mentally deficient bottom feeder -- seriously, there was something deeply wrong with all of them.

Why do we keep getting Claire with Eve, we know this storyline is going nowhere.

JPL continues be to Days what he was to OLTL.

• Love 2

Seg. 2

VJ/CiError and these angry scene still makes me mad. She still does that teeth thing. UGH.

Phillip wants to tell Belle what LouJack is doing. Belle wants to actually be a good parent and he's shocked (hence he and Mimi son was given up for adoption so he wouldn't know good parenting).

Lord in the morning!!! Claire... Either she rusty, nervous or no good.

I respect Eve is trying to be her mentor/vocal coach. Claire sings again... I'm not impressed.

Ava wakes and says Kay hasn't had no food and water in a while. She wants to play by her rules. Steve not happy.

Is it Lou JACK or David Hastings?

• Love 1

She can't hold a note or belt or even handle a vocal run.

There were people on Glee with no singing experience or interest like Heather Morris who are better. I have friends who don't have any training who are better in karaoke singing and I'm talking about more difficult songs. Let's see what this girl could do with some Tina Turner, Celine Dion, Elvis Costello, Fleetwood Mac, Amy Winehouse that'll be a judge.

Not this struggle shit weak voice off key.

• Love 4

She can't hold a note or belt or even handle a vocal run.

There were people on Glee with no singing experience or interest like Heather Morris who are better. I have friends who don't have any training who are better in karaoke singing and I'm talking about more difficult songs. Let's see what this girl could do with some Tina Turner, Celine Dion, Elvis Costello, Fleetwood Mac, Amy Winehouse that'll be a judge.

Not this struggle shit weak voice off key.

The fact Belle is even going to entertain buying her a club to "display her talents" reminds me of those kids from American Idol. You know the ones where their momma has told then all their life they can sing but then they get in front of Simon and the other judges and sound like shit. Now that would be a good story. Have The Voice judge Claire on her voice and have them reject her. It could be a life lesson/teaching moment.

Claire's singing storyline is nothing more but Starr Manning 2.0.

https://youtu.be/1HShol8-f-o

Thanks Dena Higley thanks alot.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2