Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Wendy get's the award for stupid one in the cabin today. Ben's talking crazy while he has his both hands full with a baby, now would be the time to run! Instead she stands there while he rants and then stares at him while he hands Abby the baby? 

They should have used a doll for the baby, that is no preemie.

Sami's a fugitive? So what does she intend to do with her kids?

LOL at drunk Steve in the park having no idea what Hope is talking about.

Ciara and Shawn D sure handled their fathers death well. 

• Love 3

Another sad episode I enjoyed the interactions between the characters. Jenn and Caroline. Victor and ShawnD MR was killing it when she was talking to Hope behind the door it's the interactions between the long time characters that makes me watch. I truly miss the old hijinks between Bo, Hope, Kayla, Steve, Shane, Kimberly and others. Those SLs were such fun. They went on so many adventures. Now that Bo is gone, I'm really grieving for those old days :(

• Love 6

And, I totally forgot that Sammi broke out of the DiMera jail. Did I fall asleep when this happened? How long ago was this? Why did they being back AS & PR if they weren't going to show them. The storytelling is so disjointed.

The show’s use of AS during her brief return is very disjointed. I completely agree! She’s only been on one day a week and significant scenes seem skipped. For instance, was Andre really dense enough to lock Sami up in the Dimera dungeon(because he said he had men searching the property) where once she escaped she could have accessed the computers in the house that she was well familiar with having lived there and completed the transactions???

How premature is Trollop’s baby supposed to be?  Sure doesn’t look like a preemie. Maybe she should try breastfeeding it so the poor thing stops crying.

Hope couldn’t smell the alcohol on Steve’s breath?

Hope: “Are you with me?”

I expected Steve to reply, “No I’m drunk as a skunk.”

Wendy get's the award for stupid one in the cabin today. Ben's talking crazy while he has his both hands full with a baby, now would be the time to run! Instead she stands there while he rants and then stares at him while he hands Abby the baby? 

They should have used a doll for the baby, that is no preemie.

I thought the same thing. "Run, Wendy, Run!"

Sami's a fugitive? So what does she intend to do with her kids?

Take them with her and meet up with EJ would be my guess. His letter talked about his wish to be on an island with them. I suspect that was a big clue.  And as Marlena pointed out, she's only a fugitive if Stef reports it, which he probably won't. Aside from his pride which they mentioned, the money was no doubt dirty money plus the box contained other evidence of Dimera wrong doing.  Not to mention if EJ is alive it might negate the legalities on the whole thing since he had access to the box. 

• Love 4

I thought that baby was supposed to be premature? My son born at 28wks looked the same as this baby.....3 months after his birth!

Goodbye Wendy. By being locked up with a psycho and forced to deliver a supposed premature baby, she and Abby should have seen that one coming.

Hey Rafe, you had been suspicious of Ben since Chad's beating. What's the holdup in trying to find him?

So Sami escaped and is safe. That would have been an interesting scene for the VIEWERS to have watched!

Now the family knows about Bo. I survived it :)

Once Steve sobers up, he's got work to do!

• Love 3

Take them with her and meet up with EJ would be my guess. His letter talked about his wish to be on an island with them. I suspect that was a big clue.

Lucas better not allow that with Alli. She leaves them for weeks on end then is going to grab them and go on the run with them? 

I 100% agree. Bo needed more time with his family. He could have came back, tried to explain everything to Hope, she could have just said that she moved on, Bo thinking that something wasn't right started watching Hope's house, as soon as he heard the struggled he came in, and then he killed Aiden. Sami's son, her first born son, had died. Sami coming back in full on revenge mode would have been more true to her character.

Exactly! Lucas, Sami, Sonny and Kate could  have teamed up to avenge Will's death...Kate tried to kill both Chloe and Belle for cheating on her sons...There is no way that she would be cruising for the next dick in town, while her beloved Grandson is dead...Sonny left his daughter Ari, Sami is chasing after Zombie EJ and poor Lucas is invisible....

• Love 5

They should have never killed Will off in the first place. It's not like they had any real intention of doing it justice. AS and FS are no longer with the show. BD is on recurring. No casting news about CC or PM/AP returning. The Mom of the Johnny twins confirmed months back Days had not contacted them and there was no news about Will's siblings being aged. Will could have left town to go grad school or something. Worked out joint custody with Gabi or reunited with Sonny offscreen. It was a stunt.

• Love 10

Seems like Chad has found Ben is the killer.

No off. but Im not here for a love trig between Maggie/Caroline/Victor. They all are 80 something, just hell to the no.

Wow Sami took all they money.

Awwwwwww GHOST BO. CALLED THIS.

And the classic, smug, dumbass Rafe is back.  If Chad didn't want to punch him I sure did.

About Trollop's giant baby, all I could think about was diapers and bottles.  Milk doesn't come in right away.  And how about lighting a fire, psycho killer?  If you're wearing a leather jacket chances are the damp, naked baby could use a little help.  Wendy, sheesh.  If you didn't want to get away for yourself go run for help for the baby. 

I guess Trollop never noticed her bloody mattress. 

Steve is a hoot.  I still love him.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4

No off. but Im not here for a love trig between Maggie/Caroline/Victor. They all are 80 something, just hell to the no.

Is THIS what they're doing? EW. I'm all for romance and stuff but a love triangle for the 70+ crowd? THAT is the audience they're catering to? No wonder they killed the gays. Douche bags.

They should have never killed Will off in the first place. It's not like they had any real intention of doing it justice. AS and FS are no longer with the show. BD is on recurring. No casting news about CC or PM/AP returning. The Mom of the Johnny twins confirmed months back Days had not contacted them and there was no news about Will's siblings being aged. Will could have left town to go grad school or something. Worked out joint custody with Gabi or reunited with Sonny offscreen. It was a stunt.

Total stunt. Worthless and stupid. Unnecessary. The ratings will drop once the 50th vets are gone again and the other deaths and departures happen (at least 5 coming). 

• Love 2

What really pissed me off about the whole thing is that Ghost Bo got  to talk to his beloved Hope giving her love and comfort from beyond the grave. I wonder why Ghost Will was not able to offer comfort to Sonny...Ghost Paige was able to do the same for Eve..For people to say that homophobia did not play a role in Will's demise. Think again.. This is just another reason to hate Ken Corday and his band of homophobes.. It makes me really sad to know that Wilson and their love were not validated by these idiots in charge..

• Love 3

Sure Jennifer you prostrated woth grief when Jack died. lol

There goes Caroline crying hard in Victor's arms while Maggie looks.

Ghost Bo is telling Hope, she basically needs to find his captors. But fuck Hope's eyes are rough

• Love 2

About Trollop's giant baby, all I could think about was diapers and bottles.  Milk doesn't come in right away.  And how about lighting a fire, psycho killer?  If you're wearing a leather jacket chances are the damp, naked baby could use a little help.  Wendy, sheesh.  If you didn't want to get away for yourself go run for help for the baby. 

As for the baby's developed size, all I can figure at this point is they've resorted to SORASing in utero now.  I'm guessing they could have cut up the sheets to use as a cloth diaper and Abs would be producing colostrum--the breast milk in the first few days. Has lots of health benefits that every newborn should get. Babies don't need formula if they have their mother's milk. 

What really pissed me off about the whole thing is that Ghost Bo got  to talk to his beloved Hope giving her love and comfort from beyond the grave. 

I think this "ghost Bo" was more a figment of Hope's grieving mind. The real Bo already told Victor he wasn't concerned with revenge and was leaving that up to Vic. I think Hope was seeing what she wanted to see to help cope--give her a purpose to move on--something to focus on. 

• Love 5

So this is what we get for Sami's return? Really? Really? Really? The ONE silver lining to Will being killed off was that I was sure we would get some amazing mini story with Sami/Kate/Lucas but apparently the writers couldn't even be bothered to give us that. Sami's exit was tainted by having to deal with that trollop piece of shit, most of her return was off screen, and now we don't even get to see her escape. This is disgusting. Who was this supposed to be for? Even the Ejami fans who this "story" seems to be catered to didn't get much out of it. 

Am I supposed to believe Abifail Trollop gave birth to a human? Chad's DNA isn't strong enough to overpower Abifail's demon genetics. 

Wendy should have beaten Serial Killer in the head and walked out with the baby. 

How dare Jen compare what Hope is going through with what she went through wen Jack died. I don't recall her being all that broken up. In fact, she was slobbering all over Dan before Jack's body was even cold. Jen and Abifail only remember Jack when it's convenient. 

• Love 15

I wanted more for Sami's SL.  Specifically, more Sami/Kate.  I love that Sami took off with all the money.  How many times does Sami have to shoot or knock a Dimera Henchman unconscious before Stefano and Andre realize she is more dangerous than any of the idiots that work for the Dimera's?

• Love 7

Sami got Marlena's text that Uncle Bo died and she said she was distraught.

How tacky.

Why let Sami interact with her family when she can get locked in a dungeon off screen and then escape off screen instead. If she hadn't shown up for the funeral how many people would even know she had come back to Salem. 

• Love 5

What really pissed me off about the whole thing is that Ghost Bo got  to talk to his beloved Hope giving her love and comfort from beyond the grave. I wonder why Ghost Will was not able to offer comfort to Sonny...Ghost Paige was able to do the same for Eve..For people to say that homophobia did not play a role in Will's demise. Think again.. This is just another reason to hate Ken Corday and his band of homophobes.. It makes me really sad to know that Wilson and their love were not validated by these idiots in charge..

Ghost EJ was not allowed to talk to Sami either so it can not be that.  Just mo

I know all about colostrum, thank you.  The goal is to keep baby hydrated in the meantime.  And yes, I'm way too worried about it. 

After GhostPaige, GhostBo didn't surprise me at all.

I don't think Jenn and her kids ever forget about Jack no matter what happened with Dr Grope.  Wow, he is really written out, isn't he?  I only vaguely thought about him when Naggie put on her pickle face over Bo. 

• Love 1

I know all about colostrum, thank you.  The goal is to keep baby hydrated in the meantime.  And yes, I'm way too worried about it. 

I wouldn't worry about the milk. Babies don't get dehydrated from colostrum; it's the best thing for them.  Baby....hmm...has no name and his parentage is uncertain so we can't even call it by it's last name so just baby for now has much bigger problems with a gun wielding pseudo father and likely a mob connected biological one. If it is his kid, Chad should probably send "aunt Sami" a thank you letter for neutralizing the Evil Dimera Empire at the moment. 

• Love 2

So this is what we get for Sami's return? Really? Really? Really? The ONE silver lining to Will being killed off was that I was sure we would get some amazing mini story with Sami/Kate/Lucas but apparently the writers couldn't even be bothered to give us that. 

Yes. That. What a waste of Ali Sweeney

I wanted more for Sami's SL.  Specifically, more Sami/Kate.  

Always more Sami/Kate...especially after they were partners. Can you imagine Sami & Kate with Theresa & Nicole? Awesome sauce.

• Love 5

Kayla told Jennifer about Bo's death before she told her family?

I'm surprised Ben hasn't taken it upon himself to name the baby Baby Clyde. I guess he doesn't need to use a red necktie to kill any more, hm?

So they just wrote Sami off?

I guess Hope doesn't care about her kids.

• Love 1

Since I wasn't watching during the big conception, can anyone fill me in on why Abs is so sure it's Ben's?  How close together did she have sex with both of them? 

DNA test.  Which Clyde fixed.  Though we never knew the original results, just that Clyde changed the results so that Ben was the father.

This was all about that Irish land, which the new writers seem to have forgotten.

• Love 1

DNA test.  Which Clyde fixed.  Though we never knew the original results, just that Clyde changed the results so that Ben was the father.

This was all about that Irish land, which the new writers seem to have forgotten.

Thanks! I totally wasn't watching then.  Now I sit here rolling my eyes at the medical community and Salem once again--DNA on a barely developed fetus? Hillbilly Clyde knowing how to hack lab records yet alone read them. 

I dont care if this Ghost Bo was an act of a Hope's subconscious or not playing with her. If Josh Griffith gives me a damn good revenge story with Hope without it being stupid, he's the man, I'm sorry. I need more storylines for women in daytime without the men always having to save them all the time in 2015 and after.

• Love 2

So, I guess this means Hope isn't cooking for Thanksgiving?  

PIzza, it is!

Sorry to make light but I'm ready for a break.  Either on the show or from it, I don't know which yet.

All the performances today were good, some absolutely fantastic.  John Aniston's grief, bewilderment, anger, perfectly done.  Ditto Caroline and Kayla - even Roman was good.  Shawn was great, Ciara, good.  Hope, heartbreaking.  KA must have been exhausted by it all.  

Steve's grief fit him, didn't it?  

My favorite was Jenn, and I don't think I've used the word 'favorite' and 'Jenn' in the same sentence in 10 years.  Her talking to Hope at the house, that deep friendship between two women, friends at least as much as being cousins, was very touching.  Not so much the Jack talk, since she was mooning over Dr. Tan the Dan man at the time.

Meanwhile, back at the Walton's.......Ben is doing scary crazy pretty well, don't you think?  Poor, dumb, terrified, dumb, Wendy.  And this is literally the last time she'll do a house call.  Abbby be sad, Abby be scared, Boes be ready for this all to be over.

And as QuelleC said, smug Rafe is back!  Ain't it grand?

Oh - Sami's storyline with Kate, taking down Stefano, was miles better than this one is.  

• Love 8

Thanks! I totally wasn't watching then.  Now I sit here rolling my eyes at the medical community and Salem once again--DNA on a barely developed fetus? Hillbilly Clyde knowing how to hack lab records yet alone read them. 

Clyde got a hold of a lab tech and threatened to kill his wife and kid if he didn't do what he wanted.

• Love 1

Victor can be a difficult man but he definitely loved Bo and wanted his approval.

Here's something that I find works when you want someone's love and approval -- stop trying to destroy and kill them and their family members.

I just can't with Jennifer anymore. Don't know where this great love for and pain in relation to Jack came from. You were too busy screwing him over both literally and figuratively in favor of Taniel, but much like that special creature you spawned, you get to whitewash all your ish and play the saintly victim.

Steve, I get your pain and not wanting to add to Kayla's troubles, BUT, she is worried about how you are handling this and your not responding to her does not ease her burden, it adds to it. Pick up the phone and tell her you're good, so she can focus on other things. Clearly you have decided to go back to using the portion of your brain that told you walking away from your family would be in their best interest, and we all know how that worked out for you.

When John and Marlena were crying over Bo, my only thought was, "who the hell told them -- Steve?" I'm not questioning their right to know, just wondering how they found out.

I agree with those who posted that Hope isn't seeing Bo's ghost, she is seeing a reason to carry on that has been delivered to her by her mind in the form of Bo. If Bo wanted someone to go out for blood on his behalf, he would have told Steve. But better ripping people a new one Hope than sad, mopey, my life won't have meaning until I'm forced into coupledom with Rafe, Hope.

Just dawned on me that neither Joey nor Theo were at Bo's party despite their parents being their, them being with Ciara immediately before the party and Joey actually being a family member. So Joey never got a scene with his Uncle Bo, despite speaking of him several times. It's no big in the grander scheme of things, but I hate when characters talk about missing a character and all the things they used to do together when we know the actors never interacted with one another, despite what the backstory tells us.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 8

Victor can be a difficult man but he definitely loved Bo and wanted his approval.

Bo has never called him dad...I have always loved that aspect of Bo. Shawn Brady was his one and only dad...Biology be damned! I still remember a few years ago, where Victor lambasted Bo for never accepting him as his dad and Bo was bemused by his rant and just did not give a Fuck...lol 

Meanwhile, back at the Walton's.......Ben is doing scary crazy pretty well, don't you think?  Poor, dumb, terrified, dumb, Wendy.  And this is literally the last time she'll do a house call.  Abbby be sad, Abby be scared, Boes be ready for this all to be over.

RSW is doing a pretty good job of portraying a psycho killing mannequin. 

Why Wendy didn't clock Ben on the back of the head while he was holding Trollop Jr. is beyond me.  She didn't even try to run or fight back.  Of course all Abigail did was sit there with her mouth hanging open.  No surprise there.  She's useless.  I'm also ready for all this death and darkness to be over ... but only after Ben gets a brutal comeuppance via his victims' family members, Orient Express style, with Sami and Kate as the ringleaders.  The incident could forever be known as Murder in Hillbilly Cabin.

I feel like we haven't seen JJ, Gabi, Eve, Justin, Kate, Nicole, Theresa, Abe, Lani or Eric in weeks.

• Love 5

I feel like we haven't seen JJ, Gabi, Eve, Justin, Kate, Nicole, Theresa, Abe, Lani or Eric in weeks.

I dont mind this. Glad to see the vets getting a lot of front burn time. Most of those people listed have been front and center the last few seasons and the writers are probably working on story for the new characters.

• Love 1

I certainly don't mind the vets getting loads of front burner stories; what I mind is the complete lack of balance in the stories being told and the characters being seen.  It's been all tragedy, all the time for far too long.  And the timeline for all this murder and mayhem is idiotic.  And unnecessary.

• Love 7

I certainly don't mind the vets getting loads of front burner stories; what I mind is the complete lack of balance in the stories being told and the characters being seen. It's been all tragedy, all the time for far too long. And the timeline for all this murder and mayhem is idiotic. And unnecessary.

Heres the thing, while it's understable viewers wanted the 50th to be a joyous occasion, it is also November Sweeps. Days focus is get nominations for the Emmys and get demos ratings. Thusfar they have secured both especially since they have been on a 20 month high to get another renewal by NBC, which is what all fans want.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

Well, it's good to see Hope back in badass mode, however she got there. But it doesn't make sense for her to ignore Ciara and Shawn D, no matter how paralyzed by grief.

And Victor! He was heartbreaking, especially when he asked Maggie if she'd noticed Bo's vibe at the welcome home party and his voice lifted a little at the end, almost like a child's -- man, it's the little things like this that do me in. Poor Caroline, she just couldn't keep it together when Victor walked in the pub.

As for Ben and Abigail - wow, Ben, you really are a cold-blooded killer, aren't you? Daddy would be proud. But I believed KM's horror and fear for her baby at the end there, too. How much longer can this seige last?? I'm ready for Ben to be shot in a fiery standoff with Rafe while Chad rescues Abigail from that damn chair.  

• Love 8

Well, it's good to see Hope back in badass mode, however she got there. But it doesn't make sense for her to ignore Ciara and Shawn D, no matter how paralyzed by grief.

And Victor! He was heartbreaking, especially when he asked Maggie if she'd noticed Bo's vibe at the welcome home party and his voice lifted a little at the end, almost like a child's -- man, it's the little things like this that do me in. Poor Caroline, she just couldn't keep it together when Victor walked in the pub.

Yeah that was a beat the writers missed. They should had allowed Shawn and Ciara to lounge around and wait for their mom and see how she was doing, I know if that was my mom I wouldn't had left til I saw her. They even missed it when Hope came home and tell Ciara on Monday.

I definitely felt some type of way when it came to Victor. Hes lost two children. The pain a parent would feel losing one, two, ugh, gutting. I expect when Phillip returns, Victor will be more protective and mold him more than ever before.

• Love 3

Clyde got a hold of a lab tech and threatened to kill his wife and kid if he didn't do what he wanted.

Ah, that at least explains that one. Thanks for filling in the blanks!

Heres the thing, while it's understable viewers wanted the 50th to be a joyous occasion, it is also November Sweeps. Days focus is get nominations for the Emmys and get demos ratings. Those far they have secured both especially since they have been on a 20 month high to get another renewal by NBC, which is what all fans want.

I'm not really convinced Corday wants a renewal. I was thinking about this and it seems like he is writing the show's end. He's seen it through to the 50th and now he's ready to bury it. Literally. He's already closed a lot of characters stories and 

he has more to come per the spoiler thread. We're looking at atleast 2 more deaths and 1 more departure that I'm aware of.

He's narrowing down the cast so there's less to write an "ending" for.  

On the flip side, if he truly believes that shocking deaths, mourning, and watching favorite characters grieve is the way to score ratings and keep his show on the air for another 50 years, then he's either trusting hack writers with his show or he's got some issues in his personal life that are seeping onto the screen. Because death and mayhem did not get this show to 50 years and the height of the ratings were during years focused on romance, adventure, and mystery. 

• Love 8