Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Why is Paige so surprised. She talked about knowing her mother and was she not listening when JJ's sister got exposed for being a side piece.

Of course that does not mean JJ would be like his sister, but she should have kept her eyes opened.

• Love 3

I think the show wants to jerk around both the Paulson and Wilson fanbases...This triangle sucks....

Oh the writers totally are and, from a frenzy standpoint, I don't blame them. It's the only storyline people are actually talking about interestedly (well till hurricane paige finally exploded). From a viewing standpoint/ as a writer myself, this storyline would be salvageable if they just played out the beats- the fact that the stupid elephant storyline has been simmering on the stove longer than any other storyline blows my mind.

• Love 3

Why the heck are the Jonases even there? OMG Paige should have broken up with JJ for this crap birthday alone- crappy guests, crappy cake, crappy day all around. What 19 year old college student wants a birthday party like that?

No kidding.  If she hadn't found out about the Mrs. Robinson secret, that party alone should have driven her away, or at least to recreational drugs.

Favourite of the day was Rory, realizing it was true and simply saying:  Dude.  As in, dude, I didn't know you had it in you.  Or, dude, you just messed up a good thing.  Or, dude, you are disgusting.  Or, dude, I wish I was you

KM was terrible in her reactions, but that is to be expected.  She looked like she just saw a shooting star. I thought JJ's reactions were way too muted.  I thought Maggie did react when she walked over to where Kayla was, and Kayla's reaction to me was a combination of pity and disgust, but it was subtle.  Dr. Tan was I told you so.  But really, Dr Dan and Abigail really can't be judgemental with their individual histories.  

• Love 8

No kidding.  If she hadn't found out about the Mrs. Robinson secret, that party alone should have driven her away, or at least to recreational drugs.

Favourite of the day was Rory, realizing it was true and simply saying:  Dude.  As in, dude, I didn't know you had it in you.  Or, dude, you just messed up a good thing.  Or, dude, you are disgusting.  Or, dude, I wish I was you

KM was terrible in her reactions, but that is to be expected.  She looked like she just saw a shooting star. I thought JJ's reactions were way too muted.  I thought Maggie did react when she walked over to where Kayla was, and Kayla's reaction to me was a combination of pity and disgust, but it was subtle.  Dr. Tan was I told you so.  But really, Dr Dan and Abigail really can't be judgemental with their individual histories.  

The single tear falling from Daniel's eye cracked me up- wth is he crying about? Wth is Maggie crying about? Why the hell is JJ not crying- so much fail!

• Love 5

The weird thing is, I can kind of understand Will's particular brand of cray. He made a huge mistake with Paul. Yoooge mistake. But it's all so weird. The guy he made a huge mistake with is actually Sonny's first love and there to continuously bark about how much he loves Sonny and wants to have a relationship with him.

It's bad enough he slept with Paul... but now Paul is constantly there, wanting to break up the relationship and take... SONNY. Will's self esteem didn't seem to be all that strong to begin with but that has really got to be a knock to it when it comes down to it.

It's not necessarily that I'm rooting for Sonny and Will to make up... I'm not particularly attached to them. But Paul ain't all that, either. He's wrapped himself in some sort of armor of 'awesome' but he pretty much sucks, too. If Sonny books it out of town I'm not likely to blame him.

• Love 3

It's not necessarily that I'm rooting for Sonny and Will to make up... I'm not particularly attached to them. But Paul ain't all that, either. He's wrapped himself in some sort of armor of 'awesome' but he pretty much sucks, too. If Sonny books it out of town I'm not likely to blame him.

I agree!!!!

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh the writers totally are and, from a frenzy standpoint, I don't blame them. It's the only storyline people are actually talking about interestedly (well till hurricane paige finally exploded). From a viewing standpoint/ as a writer myself, this storyline would be salvageable if they just played out the beats- the fact that the stupid elephant storyline has been simmering on the stove longer than any other storyline blows my mind.

They should have Paulson explore their relationship. Will should move on to somebody else. Wilson should interact because of Ari..I don't think Will would keep her from Sonny..Perhaps he only allows it, if Sonny does not let Paul around her...If Sonny agrees to those conditions, that could cause some conflict with Paul...I can see Paul telling Sonny to forget Ari, since she is not his biological child. When Gabi comes back, she might be the wildcard..I can see her being team Wilson and not liking Paul....I can also see her liking Paulson too, in spite of herself...

Edited by Apprentice79

I very, very rarely mute scenes but oh boy did Sparkle leave a big turd on today's episode.  I couldn't care less about him confronting Jawn about the Conference Table Sex That Scarred Sami, especially since Sami should be part of that story.  And he's using it to justify his lust for Sonny.  So it's out there, Sparkle will do whatever it takes and Will was right to keep him out of Salem.  IMHO.

Why the hell did Sparkle get to confront Jawn about banging RoboMar on a conference room table? He wasn't around when it happened and it has absolutely nothing to do with him. How dare he bring up something that he knows nothing about in an attempt to justify is own nasty, pathetic, desperate, creepy, trash behavior. 

• Love 6
(edited)

5/21/2015 Recap :)

Chad/Sonny/Paul

We start with Chad is in an office and leaves a voice message for Stefano hoping Mar is alright. Sonny enters and asks if Chad is okay and Chad flashes back to kissing Abby. Chad says it's no problem as Sonny had his hands full. Sonny talks about Will/Paul confrontation and Chad's phone rings as he has to deal with it and leaves the office.

Paul runs into Sonny at TBD and wants to talk which Sonny doesn't as he can't believe he hit Will and believe that there's nothing to discuss. Paul says that he punched Will because Will called his mother a whore. Sonny wants to know why Will would say that and Paul tells him to ask Will which Sonny says he will. Paul says Sonny deserved the truth and he wouldn't have punched Will if he didn't have it coming. Paul asks Sonny if Sonny can get the truth from Will. 

Sonny says Will is going through a lot and Paul says he's not here to talk about Will, he's there to talk about him and Sonny. Sonny says he has to be clear there's nothing between them. Paul says he hasn't stopped thinking about Sonny and asks if Sonny cares about him while holding his hand. Sonny says caring about him isn't the same as wanting him. Paul says for Sonny to tell him that he doesn't love him.

Stefano/Marlena/Chad

Still on a plane Stefano says to Marlena last stop and Marlena wants to know where they landed. Stefano tells Mar they're not going to Salem because he would be arrested the minute they landed and Mar says that Stefano promised because of Chad and Stefano says Mar killed Kristen. Mar says it's all on Kristen what happened to her. Stefano says that Mar ruined Kristen's life and destroyed her soul, Mar and John both ruined Kristen's life.

Mar says he can't excuse Kristen's behavior and Stefano says Kristen loved John and Mar says John couldn't love Kristen the way Kristen wanted. Mar says it was so many years ago and Stefano says that losing John was the end of Kristen and they destroyed her life before falling out of the window and that Mar is responsible for it. Mar apologizes for Stefano losing his daughter but he still has Chad and to enjoy having Chad. Stefano nods and a good comes in and Stefano tells him to take her and finish it and the man carts her off.

Mar takes a bag off her head and the goon gives her her cell phone which battery is dead and her purse and leaves telling her this never happened. Mar is back in Salem.

Chad arrives on the plane with Stefano and asks about Marlena and Stefano says she's safe and Chad thanks him and Stefano says he's not welcomed. Stefano says he's not a man to be threatened. Chad says Stefano values family above all else and to make Mar live he had to threaten him. Stefano says Chad should have stayed out of it. They talk some more about Abe and Roman being involved as well.

Chad says what killing Marlena showed strength. Stefano says hurt DiMera you pay the price. Chad wishes Kristen got the help she needed and Mar had no choice and that Kristen fell. Stefano thinks there's no point in rehashing all this. CHad says it's over and it's just him and Stefano. Stefano says he'll support him in every way and can Chad say the same for him.

Stefano says he'll back in Salem in about a week or two as the tax charges are about to be dropped. Stefano says he wants Chad to be happy. Stefano asks if he got Ben out of the way and Chad says no. Chad wants to know why Stefano wants him and Abby together.

Marlena/John

Marlena is walking crazy in the Square until she bumps into John and hugs him. John asks if she's okay and Mar says Stefano happened and about to tell the story but doesn't want to and she says John was busy with other things and wants John to distract her and asks about Paul, Brady and Tate and John says things with Paul are not so good.

Mar says that if Sonny and Paul feel the same way as her and John do, then things can basically get messy.

Paul/John

John meets Paul at The Square and Paul says he wouldn't have come back to Salem if he'd known John was a hypocrite. Paul says that John told him not to interfere in Sonny and Will's marriage and Paul feels why he has to walk away from the man he loves. John tells Paul he knows it's difficult and Paul says the more he learns about John the more he thought John would give him the advice of having sex with Sonny on a conference room table with Will walking in.

John figured that Paul knows about the affair with Mar and Paul says Will told him. Paul says that John scarred Sami for life with John tries to explain and Paul says that he still loves Mar. Paul doesn't want to hear anymore excuses because he knows John and Mar love each other and don't care whoever got hurt as long as they're together. Paul said John and Mar tried to fight but still ended up hurting Roman and Paul wants to know who else was hurt. John said people suffered and Paul says that John should have just admitted that he and Mar were in love and John says he's not sure. Paul says he's not sure if it's the best option for him and Sonny as he loves him and he should put it out there. John says it's not the same as Sonny made it clear who he wants and can't force it. Paul says when John looked in Mar's eyes and when she wanted to stay with Roman did John think that Mar didn't love him, which John doesn't answer. Paul says it's nice talking to John and leaves.

Eve/Cole

Eve looks at the photo of her and Paige and starts crying and flashes back to conversation with Paige. There's a knock at the door which Eve thinks and hopes It's Paige but it's Cole who just enters the house wanting to know what was up with the phone call and also wanting to know what's going on. Cole asks what happened because of Eve's appearance and wonders if her and Paige got in a fight.

Eve says that JJ found out what Cole did and calls him an idiot. Cole says it's not his fault as Paige told JJ not him. He tells her to relax as he covered for Eve and he's not worried as there's no proof and Eve says that there is proof for him to be sent away for a long time. She tells Cole goodbye and Cole says Eve can't walk away because if he goes down she goes down. Eve says that Cole can't drag her down lower than she already feels right now.

Eve says she'll help Cole get out of Salem for good and for him to pay attention as she never wants to see Cole's face again as he couldn't help her and calls him stupid and if he doesn't leave town she'll make sure he goes to prison. Cole says she will go to prison too and Eve says the kicker is that she doesn't care as without Paige her life is not worth living and Cole doesn't have a life either and orders him out. Cole says he tried doing what Eve wanted and Eve says she got her wish.

Cole says he never could figure Eve out and Eve yells at him to leave. Cole says it's all her idea and if she rats him out he'll turn on her in a heartbeat and she'll be sorry and leaves. Eve say "so very sorry" while looking at the photo of her and Paige again and hugs it and bawls.

Eve leaves Paige a voice mail and tells her she loves her so much and feels that they can make it right because she will always be her mother and just have to find their way back to each other. Eve hangs up and continues to look at the photo that she caresses.

Paige/Jennifer/JJ/Abby/Kayla/Dan/Rory/Daphne/Maggie

JJ hugs Paige and wishes her a happy birthday with everyone yakking and JJ asks Paige if something is wrong as she doesn't look too enthused about the party. Everyone hugs Paige and wishes her a happy birthday as Paige's breathing is up and down. JJ asks if she's okay and Paige says her birthday is tomorrow. Everyone goes in the living room all happy except JJ and Paige and Maggie says Paige needs to catch her breath while Rory says Paige was so freaked and Daphne wants Rory to put down his phone. Jen says to Kayla that Paige may be upset about something and Kayla says she may know what's up.

JJ wants Paige to talk to him and he says whatever it is she can tell him. Paige says can she and JJ says yes. JJ wants to know if it's about school and tells her not to worry and if something wrong she can just tell him. Rory runs in wanting to show the video of Paige's reaction to surprise but JJ says later and Daphne congratulates Paige and JJ on moving to California and hugs her.

Kayla says something that I miss and Jen goes to talk to her and apologizes for throwing her for a loop and Jen thinks Paige is upset and Paige says she's fine and wants to do the party. Everyone enters and says happy birthday with Paige still looking unhappy. Abby rambles on and on about the cake and JJ says Paige deserves it and Maggie says spoken like an honest man. JJ tells Paige that she's special ever since they met and how she's too good for him and believes he's lucky to have her and how she's so important to him and that he's gonna do everything he can to be a better person. While JJ is talking flashes of Eve and JJ having sex are shown. While all this is going on Rory is recording it on his cell phone. 

JJ wishes her a happy birthday and that he loves her and Jen lights up the cake and Maggie wants to know what the letters ILYF on the cake mean and Paige tells her that it means I Love You Forever. JJ brings the cake to Paige and Paige knocks the cake out of JJ's hands. JJ wants to know why she did it and Paige slaps the hell out of him and calls him a liar and doesn't want to hear no words out of his mouth and she tells him she knows what he did. Abby wants to know what she means and Paige says she knows that JJ slept with Eve.

JJ says Paige can't believe what Eve told her and Paige says that Eve was forced to talk and says JJ lied and calls JJ a monster and keeps on reaming him out. Paige pushes him and Dan tells Paige to calm down which JJ says Eve will say anything. JJ tells Paige to listen and Paige says she did listen to Eve and JJ's conversation admitting to everything and she knows all of it leaving JJ looking stumped and Jen and Dan looking on speechless.

Abby tells Paige that it has to be a misunderstanding and Paige says Abby can't fix it as JJ has to and tells JJ to tell the truth. Rory say 'oh dude' as he figured it out that's who JJ slept with. Paige pushes JJ and demands the truth and JJ says he loves her and Paige says it hit her that JJ doesn't know what that word means. Jen tells Paige that she has to stop and not torture herself. Paige tells Jen does she understand what type of person JJ is and how he lied to Jen and then Paige figures out that Jen knew about them sleeping together with Abby looking on shocked.

Paige says it explains so many things and Paige says Jen was the mother she wished she had and Jen taught her about telling the truth and knowing how to trust and says Jen is just like Eve and doesn't want to hear anymore lies from anyone in the room. JJ says blame him as nobody else in the room lied. JJ says that he and Eve just did it and it's nobody's fault and Paige said he did it and that him telling her that is the only honest thing he's ever said and Paige runs out of the house. Everyone stares at JJ and JJ walks out of the house.

Jen just stands there while Daphne leaves to go help Paige. Dan thinks Rory should leave, which Rory takes the hint, Dan walks Rory to the door and Rory says he won't post the video or tell anyone as nobody would believe him anyway. Rory high fives Dan and leaves. Kayla says that her and Maggie should leave and Maggie hugs Jen, Maggie and Kayla leave, while Dan stays for a cool second then leaves as Abby wants to talk to Jen. Jen gets on her knees on the floor and Abby wants to know what's going on.

Jen said it came as a shock when Paige announced it and Abby asks if Jen knew about it beforehand.

Maggie/Dan

Maggie thinks Dan knows more than he's letting on and Dan says that Jen will need Maggie. Maggie figures out that Dan knew as well which Dan admits that he did.

Paige/JJ

Paige is at the park and JJ runs behind her as Paige wants JJ to leave her alone but then asks him why he did it.

------------------------------------

That classic Horton trait came shining through with Jar Jar thinking Paige got everything wrong via misunderstanding. This twit needs to just STFU her closet supply, shower sex having ass. There's no misunderstanding idiot, did you not hear Paige.

Then we have JJ trying to deny and make Paige out to be some crazy loon. Good thing Paige called him out about listening to every word he and Eve said. Dumbass JJ.

I can see it already, they're shocked at first but Eve is gonna be the pariah while JJ is the innocent boy who was seduced by Eve.

Sparkles and Sneasel are driving Sonny right on out of Salem. They're constantly in this man's face and pressuring him and won't leave him alone, Justin is at fault as well. They're driving my baby right on out. Sonny has told Sparkles so many times, nothing is between them. Sonny has told him many times that he cares about Sparkles, wishes him happiness but it won't be with him. What part of that does Sparkles not understand. 

Good question Chad, why does Stefano want you and Jar Jar together. I'm figuring sometime down the road Stefano is gonna tell Chad that Clyde is responsible for EJ's death but wants to be in Salem to actually tell him instead of being on the run and on that plane 24/7. I guess he wants Chad to steal Jar Jar away from Mannequin to hurt the Weston family so we'll probably get a Weston vs DiMera story going on with Stefano/Chad vs Mr. Rapey/Mannequin. If they go that route Mannequin might actually be interesting and reason as to why he changed his last name from Rogers to Weston.

I just love Rory, he can just lighten the mood. 

Paige was on fire again today but how I wished she had slapped the living fuck out of Jacosta when she learned that Jacosta knew the whole time. Jacosta deserves a slap as well for lying to Paige's face.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 5
(edited)

Why the hell did Sparkle get to confront Jawn about banging RoboMar on a conference room table? He wasn't around when it happened and it has absolutely nothing to do with him. How dare he bring up something that he knows nothing about in an attempt to justify is own nasty, pathetic, desperate, creepy, trash behavior. 

Thank you leftphalange! Sparkle is a stalker period.....I blame Sonny as well, he gives him mixed signals...He should tell Sparkle not to contact him, if he is going to try to get with him..No is NO.. He let him come to his house twice and allowed him to interact with Ari, knowing that would upset Will..No wonder Sparkles think he has a shot with him...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

They should have Paulson explore their relationship. Will should move on to somebody else. Wilson should interact because of Ari..I don't think Will would keep her from Sonny..Perhaps he only allows it, if Sonny does not let Paul around her...If Sonny agrees to those conditions, that could cause some conflict with Paul...I can see Paul telling Sonny to forget Ari, since she is not his biological child. When Gabi comes back, she might be the wildcard..I can see her being team Wilson and not liking Paul....I can also see her liking Paulson too, in spite of herself...

I have to say, I think the complete opposite on those points- if we're continuing Sami 2.0, Will would use Ari to keep Sonny on a string if Sonny moves on. And I really don't see Paul telling Sonny to forget his daughter, not only because Paul and Ari were totally taken with each other, but because there's never been any indication of Paul being heartless. If the show is trying to reinact Sami/Austin/Carrie, Paul will probably fight alongside Sonny if Sonny and Will end up fighting over Ari and that would be where the tension would come from to push the story, imo. They might even have Paul be the martyr and sacrifice his love for Sonny so that Sonny can be with Ari.

• Love 4
(edited)

You are correct in your assessment, especially if the show is hellbent on making Will into Sami..The real Will would never do that to Ari...Sonny and Ari love each other too much..Gabi would not like that at all....

Edited by Apprentice79

To be perfectly honest- I kinda wouldn't mind watching that storyline play out, if only to explore whether Sonny actually has any rights to seeing Ari and for Sonny to finally see Will is not the man he should be with, even if Paul isn't either. Gabi could swoop in at the last minute of the custody confusion to throw everything into whack, as she does best.

• Love 3

Oh come on, Sparkle is not a stalker.  That's a bit much.  Sonny's given him plenty to work with. 

I actually thought that was rather well written, the parallel between John and Marlena and Paul and Sonny. 

If Sonny knew all the rotten, lying things that Will's done lately (he still doesn't know about Will blackmailing Mama Narita) he'd have sent Will packing weeks ago. 

• Love 6

That classic Horton trait came shining through with Jar Jar thinking Paige got everything wrong via misunderstanding. This twit needs to just STFU her closet supply, shower sex having ass. There's no misunderstanding idiot, did you not hear Paige.

Why was Abifail even at the party? She's not friends with Paige.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh come on, Sparkle is not a stalker.  That's a bit much.  Sonny's given him plenty to work with. 

I actually thought that was rather well written, the parallel between John and Marlena and Paul and Sonny. 

If Sonny knew all the rotten, lying things that Will's done lately (he still doesn't know about Will blackmailing Mama Narita) he'd have sent Will packing weeks ago. 

Paul and Sonny have no correlation with John and Marlena....None whatsoever..Sparkle was just reaching to justify his gross behavior.....John/Marlena/Roman was a character-driven story that had consequences and forever altered the show....Sonny/Paul/Will was a plot driven story that did nothing but destroy Will, Sonny and Paul....Will got thrown under the bus to make Sparkle happen....It was totally unnecessary, since Sean Christopher is a beautiful actor with lots of charisma...Wilson got the Lumi treatment.....Both Will and Lucas got thrown under the bus for the interlopers in EJ and Sparkle.....If these writers  were writing for Kim and Shane or Kayla and Steve..Marina, Victor and Emma would have won their hearts' desire...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)

It wasn't like it was a party to attend, look who was all there Naggie, Jacosta, JJ, Dark Roast with the exception of Kayla, Rory, and Daphne, Jar Jar should have been right at home with those four species at the party. I thought it was a recruiting party for Jar Jar and Jacosta to transform Rory, Daphne, and Kayla into their species and give them a pamphlet on how to become Jar Jars. Good thing they didn't eat that cake who knows what was in it. Paige knew and knocked it right out of JJ's hands saving Rory, Kayla, and Daphne. 

Look at that she didn't invite Mannequin to the party. Isn't that her damn boyfriend?? Shouldn't he have been there.

If only Theresa and Anne were at the party, they would have been passing around the popcorn and Theresa would have stood up for Paige even though Paige wouldn't need it. Theresa and Anne would have been like this: 

tumblr_myjwwi02tu1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 6
(edited)

Yeah, there were a lot of old people at Paige's party. Weird.  JJ and Paige need to get out more.

Since Jennifer will only let JJ and Abigail make friends with old people it's no wonder they have an attraction to them. 

I guess Maggie was there to support Daniel, but other than that, I don't get why she'd be interested in attending. Victor didn't attend with her and I can imagine how he would have said no.

Who made the cake? It was kind of ugly.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3
(edited)

The single tear falling from Daniel's eye cracked me up- wth is he crying about? Wth is Maggie crying about?

I was just coming here to post the same thing.  WTF with the close up on Dan and his single tear, and Maggie's over the top crying?  And the extra close-up of Abigail's big face complete with her trademarked gaping mouth?

Except for those bits, I totally enjoyed Paige's smackdown of JJ and Jennifer.  Finding out your boyfriend's mother knew he hooked up with your mom, and still facilitated your reconciliation, is another kick in the gut.  Jennifer is not a very good mother.

KdP knocked it out of the park again today, playing Eve as devastated, guilty, and delusional.

Why didn't Marlena tell John she was kidnapped and threatened?  So dumb.

And she didn't even make her sumptuous cupcakes!  She's useless.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 5

I agree that Christopher Sean is a beautiful actor with lots of charisma.  I've been watching this show forever but I don't remember a lot of the little details or ins and outs of various story lines.  For a lot of the last 25 years I was in high school or college or working outside the home and couldn't pay that close attention.  This is my lunchtime entertainment, not my own family, so I'm just enjoying the day to day.  I don't really care or remember in detail what happened in a storyline 20 years ago beyond the high points.   

I did think the conversation with Paul and John was less awkward in terms of moving the Paulson storyline along than many of the very awkward plot-driven transitions lately. 

Other than the Marlena bits which I didn't care about, I enjoyed this episode a lot. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Well to be fair it was the day before her bd and I expect the old people wanted them to consummate their whatever the next day.  Not that they're nosy or anything.  To be fair, Paige doesn't like almost everybody.  And nobody likes JJ because he's evil you know.  Since he made a mistake or two over having Jacosta for his parent and his dad dying. 

Not impressed with KDP again today.  Her overacting might qualify as satire if she went that route like Kristen.  Especially in the batgirl dress. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

I agree that Christopher Sean is a beautiful actor with lots of charisma.  I've been watching this show forever but I don't remember a lot of the little details or ins and outs of various story lines.  For a lot of the last 25 years I was in high school or college or working outside the home and couldn't pay that close attention.  This is my lunchtime entertainment, not my own family, so I'm just enjoying the day to day.  I don't really care or remember in detail what happened in a storyline 20 years ago beyond the high points.   

I did think the conversation with Paul and John was less awkward in terms of moving the Paulson storyline along than many of the very awkward plot-driven transitions lately. 

Other than the Marlena bits which I didn't care about, I enjoyed this episode a lot. 

I think the show is setting up Paul to become more aggressive in his pursuit of Sonny...I think Sonny will do what Roman did and leave town to get away from both Sparkle and Will.....I think Sonny is still very angry with Will...Will shattered his dreams of having a family and being happily married..It can be very hard to get over that kind of pain and disillusionment..I need him to unload on Will and for Will to understand that he ruined their marriage and not Paul..Paul was just a symptom of problems in their marriage..Paul needs to just stay the hell away....

• Love 1
(edited)

Theresa should have been at the party.  She could have comforted Paige, and snarked on JJ and his useless relatives.

Oh, that was never going to happen. JJ, Jennifer and company basically go around thinking 'Poor Paige. Her family sucks. They are degenerates and just awful, awful people while Paige is a precious jewel. Of course she wouldn't want her family to be at this party! WE don't want them there so obviously she wouldn't either.'

Was Eve invited to the party (and couldn't show because of the reveal)?

I believe that Eve got a grudging invitation that JJ put an end to when he went over to tell her that he had her 'dead to rights' and could not interfere ever again or she was going to prison.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 2

Theresa should have been at the party.  She could have comforted Paige, and snarked on JJ and his useless relatives.

I like Theresa with Paige..She only interacts with the same people...I wish that the show would have different people mix it up a bit..I loved her smackdown of Paul a few weeks ago. By the way, does Sonny know that his cousin Xander is in town? what about Adrienne or Justin?

• Love 2
(edited)

Eve was invited and that's why Jen Jen walked in to remind her and told her to get the phone notifications (from JJ) she said she'd attend but I'm glad she didn't.

ETA oops

ETA since we're asking questions I missed if Cole lost his phone and JJ got it or if he bought a new phone (pamphlet) so how did he fool Southern?  Days needs to post the I caught you photo too.  They could put those on the FB page I quit a long time ago. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2
(edited)

I know! <Monica Gellar's voice>  I don't get JJ's overconfidence these days. Why was he not picking up on how ghostly Paige looked? He should have taken her somewhere else to find out what was wrong with her. Lucky for him Maggie and Kayla don't seem to find any of this stuff remotely weird. Have they slept with daughter's boyfriends in the past or hidden this info from anyone before? Because I have no idea why Maggie was being way less judgmental about this than whatever Nicole has been up to lately with that stupid elephant.

Because JJ is a Horton and Maggie doesn't judge Hortons.

Rory is comedy gold.  "Dude!"

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 3

I was just coming here to post the same thing.  WTF with the close up on Dan and his single tear, and Maggie's over the top crying?  And the extra close-up of Abigail's big face complete with her trademarked gaping mouth?

Except for those bits, I totally enjoyed Paige's smackdown of JJ and Jennifer.  Finding out your boyfriend's mother knew he hooked up with your mom, and still facilitated your reconciliation, is another kick in the gut.  Jennifer is not a very good mother.

KdP knocked it out of the park again today, playing Eve as devastated, guilty, and delusional.

Why didn't Marlena tell John she was kidnapped and threatened?  So dumb.

And she didn't even make her sumptuous cupcakes!  She's useless.

She did not think there would be an old man there at the party for her. Guess she did not know Daniel would be there.

• Love 2

So... Rory taking a video of the whole thing... I'm guessing that Cole will get his hands on the phone and upload it or something.

I mean, they're not going to have that and not actually USE it, right?

• Love 2
(edited)

The show is just boring all around...I need August to be here Stat....This is the first time that I find everybody boring and unlikable...Ken Corday you have done your parents proud.....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I know the 80s have made a bit of a comeback but is the way Abigail was dressed today really in style right now? I've not seen anyone on the street in those kinds of stockings with an oversized shirt. If EJ had stayed on the show, seeing him stand next to her in that outfit would have been good for a laugh.

• Love 2
(edited)

If EJ had stayed on the show, seeing him stand next to her in that outfit would have been good for a laugh.

They would have to recast EJ for that to happen.  Not only did James Scott hate the cheating SL, he did not like EJ being paired with someone EJ considered a child.  EJ referred to Chad and his group as children several times.

They will never let Sami use the video, or do anything else to the boring twit because Sami is bad.  Therefore, Sami and her children don't matter.

I thought TOB did okay with the reveal and Pagie's reaction, but the SL would have had more impact if the writers could be bothered to develop the characters just a little bit.

Sonny fleeing Salem to get the hell away from Sneasel and Sparkle sounds like a good idea to me.  Why would Sonny want to be with either of them?  Sonny could do so much better.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

It's so funny because I thought you said unrequited love affair with a gorilla.

That's what i meant to write.  A gorilla at the zoo got the hots for Delia.  It was an actual storyline.  Thankfully, the show got back on track after that.

• Love 4

I know the 80s have made a bit of a comeback but is the way Abigail was dressed today really in style right now? I've not seen anyone on the street in those kinds of stockings with an oversized shirt. If EJ had stayed on the show, seeing him stand next to her in that outfit would have been good for a laugh.

Abifail should use some of the money she gets from the job she never goes to to buy herself some better clothes.

• Love 3
(edited)

Damn it's not like she ever has to buy her own clothes or food or rent or anything. Back when she was born I would never believe how much I would detest this kid.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

The wardrobe department should be fired for making Kate Manis wear black leggings & a denim shirt. Talk about an epic fail. Also, Tru O'Brien has one of the scariest faces (ever) when she she opens her mouth, screams & cries. She looks like one of those skeleton in the doctors office (do they still have those?) and, should really get that fixed. I'm just glad the reveal happened and we can move on. The weird thing is that the actors did this over 5 months ago and have already moved on. I so hate the taping schedule of DOOL.

• Love 3
(edited)

KM also has a slim dancer's body, but geez you wouldn't be able to tell from the shirt they picked. She didn't look fat exactly, if only because since she's not actually a fat person (duh), but we all know she's quite a slim person so I was both fascinated and weirded out that they managed to make her look comparatively plump to what her actual small size is. 

Also, why are they making her hair greasy? Why? <Nancy Kerrigan scream>

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
(edited)

I dunno, folks, I was a little disappointed in Paige's reveal at the party today.  I agree, it was great to see JJ's clueless mug try to figure out what the hell was going on, and it was even greater to see the shock age Jenn like one of the Undead exposed to sunlight.  But WHERE was Paige's Uzi??  Or, at the very least, she could have lowered her voice and said "You're in for a world of pain" from the Big Lebowski.

All we get from Daniel is one tear?  Then why not play Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall by Coldplay so we could really, really feel the pain?

And the cake.....I have to confess, I tend to lose it when there's cake and I don't get any.  Oh well, at least Jenn won't have to worry about dessert.  Daniel will be making her eat crow for the foreseeable future.

I think we're being too hard on Abigail.  I think she was honestly asking Jenn "What happened"?  Because she really doesn't understand about JJ and Eve and this "sex" thing they're supposed to be having.  After all, with EJ in the shower she just thought he had a weird way of washing his hair, and since then, she's been sleeping with Ben.  A boyfriend who comes with interchangeable parts and cute outfits you can buy at Toys R' Us probably isn't a grea source for sex knowledge.  Yeah, I know she had sex with Chad back in the day, and with EJ in the boardroom, but it's apparent Abigail has some memory issues.  That's the only possible explanation for her currently wearing clothing she's stolen from Chase.

But really, the confrontation was pretty good, especially when Paige told off Jenn right before she left.  MR did a great job in her reaction, too.  You could just see her acting skill, the way she conveyed her deep dismay through her facial expressions.  I was very glad that Paige actually got to express herself without being shut down by Jenn or Abigail, that JJ got her anger in gale force winds.  Too often in the past, Show has cut short other characters when they were angry with Jenn or Abigail ( think Sami and Nicole and even Eve and Theresa), but this time, they didn't step in and stop it.  Now maybe that's partially because it was JJ, and we know he's the bottom of the pecking order in that house, but I think not.  

It did chap me that Daniel tried to step in and shut Paige up but thankfully that didn't go very far.

BUT, OUR HERO Dick4brains Jonas is likely going to be very busy, having to save Nicole from Xander and set that little wommin Jenn straight on how to support her kid.  Yeah, she IS an idiot, but Jonas is such an bonehead blowhard know-it-all.  I wish he'd just leave everyone alone.  

Rory was, as always, a breath of hilarious air - and like QuelleC, I'm hoping there is a Rory YouTube station soon!  

Sparkle was pissing me off.  So he goes off on Jawn, based on the crap Sneasel told him, and as a result, I have to feel sorry for Jawn!  I HATE feeling anything for Jawn other than a mild wonderment that he's never addressed his loose dentures or his gas problem. And speaking of loose dentures and gas problems, we had those pointless scenes with Stephono and MarRoomba.  They should have just embalmed him and put her to work with a dust rag.

Sonny should run as far and as fast as he can from the men in his life.  While Sneasel is a despicable lying little liar, Sparkle is an empty bag of hot air.  For Sparkle to be passing judgements on Sonny and Will's relationship, considering he JUST CAME OUT OF THE CLOSET AND HASN'T EVER HAD A TRUTHFUL RELATIONSHIP OF ANY KIND IS BULLSHIT.  And yes, I'm shouting.  

I hope he and Sneasel do end up together - it would be a fitting punishment for them both.  I want Sonny to run off with the 7th Fleet, or at least get himself a houseful of chorus boys.  To hell with serious relationships right now, Sonny should take a break from these downers and have some fun.  

Ari will be fine.  How many family splits have we all seen on the soaps where people wring their hands and moan about the chidren, VOW to stay in their lives, and after an episode or two, POOF!  - forgotten.   And the kids are fine.   (Think Rafe and Sami's kids, think Kate and Parker).  And anyway, by the time Will is done, Ari will need a rolodex to remember all her "daddies".   (Gawd, "rolodex" dates me, but I don't know what else to use!)

As always, I enjoyed KdP, but I thought Show spent a bit more time on her scenes with Cole today than was necessary.  But I'd rather see her do nothing than watch Abigail hop-hop-hopping down the Ben trail, so I should be grateful.

I've been watching this show forever but I don't remember a lot of the little details or ins and outs of various story lines.  For a lot of the last 25 years I was in high school or college or working outside the home and couldn't pay that close attention.  This is my lunchtime entertainment, not my own family, so I'm just enjoying the day to day.  I don't really care or remember in detail what happened in a storyline 20 years ago beyond the high points.   

I agree.  I can't really get into the "fill-in-the-blank would NEVER do this" argument, especially when old characters return or when current characters grow up and get more screen time.  After all, we've seen, no matter the soap, how virtually every long-term "evil" character introduced to the canvas usually has some change of heart along the way and becomes, if not good, at least better and rootable.  And if characters have been offscreen for ages and they come back different, it has to be pretty major for me to care.   

For instance, Kim changed considerably over the years, and some of that change took place off screen.  And look at Jenn.  She was once not only tolerable, but rootable.  But she's been a shudderingly awful person for so long I would not say this isn't the "real" Jenn.  It's been the "real" Jenn for one helluva long time now.  Ditto with Maggie, although she's really only slightly more dreadful than she used to be.

Then we have Victor who is nicer, sorta.....And on and on.

And  I don't see Sneasel as wildly out of character, either.  Ever since he - ineptly - tried to blackmail EJ, I thought anything was possible with this guy.  I didn't think that way because he shot EJ.  He was a kid then which IMO mad it different.  But as an adult, in the Chandler Massey period, he exhibited a latent greed, a passive-aggressive attitude with his mother, and an eagerness to convince himself of what he wanted to believe.  And he's had a rich deposit of self-pity for quite some time.  So even though he's been around forever, this grown-up Will seems authentic enough to me.

Now, if Caroline suddenly turned out to be a small Italian gangster named Vinnie, and ran an illegal stool softener ring, THAT I would call FOUL on.

A lot of the rest, not so much.

Edited by boes
  • Love 11

Well, that was fun, even if hysterics clearly isn't in TOB's wheelhouse as an actress (she was much better yesterday with the cold, still anger towards Eve) and CM was so muted. I wish Paige would've slapped JJ again when he was using his most condescending, mansplaining "you don't understand, little lady" voice on her. I was glad that Paige told him he doesn't know what love is. I think that's true, for a specific type of love. JJ loves Paige, but in a very selfish way. And finally, JJ, when your now ex-girlfriend flees the scene after telling you umpteen times that she doesn't want to see you or talk to you, leave her alone.

One thing I love about both KdP and MR is that they don't let vanity get in the way of realism. They let themselves age visibly and look haggard on camera when a scene calls for it. I'm particularly impressed by how MR can age in an instant. She did it when Sami confronted Abby and she did it again in this episode. Even KdP can't quite manage that.

Poor Paige only thinks she knows everything. Just wait until she finds out that Jen actually caught JJ and Eve in the act.

I wonder what excuse the writers are going to give for why Paige continues to stick around Salem. She was set to leave for Stanford soon, and now that she's on the outs with both JJ and Eve you'd think she couldn't wait to be as far away as possible from them.

And finally: STFU, Abifail.

• Love 7