Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Nicole has nothing to gain by continuing to go after Serena and everything to lose. Even if Nicole succeeds in embarrassing Serena or causing her to leave town or whatever it is she's trying to do, her precious Dan is going to dump her. Does she think getting Serena out of the picture will make Eric want her back?

• Love 6

Hope sure as hell loves to remove those glasses doesn't she? Does it make her see better? Is that KA's acting quirk? Hope is so easily manipulated by that Snot she calls a daughter. That girl is going to be hell on wheels cause Hope just refuses to reign her in some.

Eve & JJ are nothing but pigs. JJ now for certain needs a nickname. Eve is a fucking dumbass, she came in through the backdoor but attempts to hightail it out of the front door. JJ also needs to shave cause the little stubble he's got going on just doesn't work for him. He has a face that should be left clean shaven. 

Lima Bean is such an obsessive nutjob, maybe she needs rehab or something.

Judgy sure as hell took her sweet precious time putting the key in the door. She acted like she didn't even know how to open a door. Forever pouncing on JJ about Lima Bean. Would she give it a rest, Judgy seriously needs a man and I think that's why she wore that dress because it screams, "I need a man."

Eric why does Nicole have to move? Why don't you get the fuck on somewhere and take your boring ass to another continent, but of course that continent would export his boring ass right back to the US and have an even lower opinion of America.

Shrewena just grates and when she kisses it's like she's trying to swallow a big jawbreaker whole. She practically devoured Eric's face like she hasn't eaten in years.

Look Mr. Rapey is channeling his inner Victurd Newman with the, "You Got That!" I just rolled my eyes on that one and makes me dislike him even more. I love Kate but I've given up on her until she's away from Rapey. I enjoy her when she's not in scenes with him. 

Very lackluster Friday episode.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 3

Nicole has nothing to gain by continuing to go after Serena and everything to lose. Even if Nicole succeeds in embarrassing Serena or causing her to leave town or whatever it is she's trying to do, her precious Dan is going to dump her. Does she think getting Serena out of the picture will make Eric want her back?

But now Nicole is going after Serena because it's personal, not to protect Eric or anything.  Serena went after her, it's retaliation.

• Love 4

Despite Nicole's claims, I still think she wants Eric back. Regardless, I think this feud between her and Serena is ridiculous. Why did this even start? Because Serena said some mean things about Nicole. Serena is supposed to care about Eric so it's not surprising that she doesn't have a favorable opinion of her. That should have been the end of it. Instead, Nicole got offended and/or jealous and decided to break into Serena's room because Google wasn't good enough and for some reason she thinks she has a right to know Serena's life story. Now they're both acting ridiculous and getting into fights at nightclubs. Eric and Serena should just stop talking about Nicole and walk right past her when they see her in public and stop giving her a reason to go on the attack. Besides, being ignored would probably hurt her more than being called a lying bitch, again.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

These writers are never going to allow Nicole to move on from Eric. All her other back-up guys have someone already or have someone waiting in the wings. Brady has MelaME and Judgy is just waiting for Dan to be free. With Eric, the writers had a real chance to let Nicole be the primary love interest, but they went back to making her the interloper again. I'm starting to think AZ was right when she said in an interview that the writers don't want Nicole to be happy.

• Love 2

Nicole's plan to get back at Serena and prove she's a fraud (if that's what is happening with the dude, assuming he's telling the truth,  who came  over to her office to discuss Serena stealing his ideas) seems exceedingly tame compared to everything else she's ever done. I think this is a plan I can get behind. 

• Love 3

These writers are never going to allow Nicole to move on from Eric. All her other back-up guys have someone already or have someone waiting in the wings. Brady has MelaME and Judgy is just waiting for Dan to be free. With Eric, the writers had a real chance to let Nicole be the primary love interest, but they went back to making her the interloper again. I'm starting to think AZ was right when she said in an interview that the writers don't want Nicole to be happy.

In some ways "happy" on soaps is back burner-ville. It shouldn't be that way but writers today don't know how to write anything but misery. I feel your pain. I UBER loved Natalie on OLTL, so I was thrilled when MA was coming to Days, but her OLTL character was happy for maybe 6 months to a year in the decade she was there. It used to drive me crazy, but the time she was truly happy she was boring, at least for me. ;)

• Love 2

It's gotten to the point that they day players, the recurring characters are the ones who save an episode.  Ann always brightens my day, and today we had Rory.  Show may tell us he's a big flake, but for a big flake he sure makes a lot of sense.  I'll take him, or T, or Ann over most of the characters any day.

If Dark Roast Dan is always in the shower how come he's always so dirty?  Man must dry himself off with old vacuum cleaner bags.  AZ should have the way she's paid changed, and just make sure they cut her a check for every time Nicole has to apologize.  She's be rich, since she seems to have to say that it to at least one person per day.   

It does burn for Show to be trying to tell us that Dan is now not only the voice of reason, but also the guide to good behavior.  Show may have forgotten what an immoral and backstabbing horndog he has been for most of his time in town but we haven't.  Too bad the only person left in Salem who remembers that is Lucas.  

Someone of you said we need Philip back for Victor and I second that.  Especially now.  It feels sometimes like Maggie's elderly, smelly son and his daughter are taking over the space where a Kiriakis should be.  The worst thing Victor ever did was steal Maggie's egg and not scramble it.  Now the results of that egg are scrambling Salem.

Doesn't Clyde's assistant Jeremiah have lovely hair?  I think he and Jenn would make a marvelous couple, don't you?  I can see it now, those two entwined, braiding each other's tresses while singing "That Old Rugged Cross".    Show is missing a golden opportunity!

• Love 12

It's gotten to the point that they day players, the recurring characters are the ones who save an episode

I thought the guy talking to Nicole about Serena turned out better than I thought he would be. I guess it helped that he looked like he didn't model underpants.

• Love 3

Let's keep Damien, the Dashing Henchman, shall we? 

I'm beginning to think that Aiden's protecting Chase rather than being the bad guy himself (h/t to the poster way up thread and possibly days ago who first mentioned that). Suddenly I'm looking forward to the Pugent Sound visit. 

Serena and Eric are starting to bore, that's for sure. And JJ/Eve -- I can't bring myself to comment. I just want this over soon for all our sake's. 

• Love 5

After everything that happened because of Kristen and Nicole, the writers had the perfect opportunity to make Eric grey. Instead, they chose to keep writing for him as if he were still a priest. Why? I don't think anyone wants to see him act like Serena has cooties every time she tries to sex him up. I really wish they would stop trying to write "good" characters because clearly they have no idea how to do so. I'd much rather see Super Evil And Bad Chad over that flea covered Abifail and her fake plastic penis, I mean boyfriend.

• Love 5

After everything that happened because of Kristen and Nicole, the writers had the perfect opportunity to make Eric grey. Instead, they chose to keep writing for him as if he were still a priest. Why? I don't think anyone wants to see him act like Serena has cooties every time she tries to sex him up. I really wish they would stop trying to write "good" characters because clearly they have no idea how to do so. I'd much rather see Super Evil And Bad Chad over that flea covered Abifail and her fake plastic penis, I mean boyfriend.

That's what I've been perplexed about to with respect to Eric. He's not a priest...but he's still acting like one? I think he's waiting till marriage to have sex again, but I don't think he's mentioned this to Serena, so every time she brings up the sex topic and he backs away without a real explanation, I wonder if he's waiting for the monk to take him back to the place he came from. 

• Love 3

I liked that Nicole's bullshit detector was clearly functioning when she was talking to this guy. She doesn't like Serena but she wasn't stupid enough to take this guy's word at face value when he has zero evidence of anything. And he's totally lying - he claimed "decades of work" when he is in his 30s at most. I'm so sure he was working on that story when he was a teen. My guess is that he's connected to whatever Serena's real secret is and is trying to make trouble for that reason. I think Nicole will figure that out instead of just publishing some stupid story about Serena being a plagiarist.

So tired of JJ and Eve. The actors are trying but they just don't sell the "it's impossible to keep my hands off you" feeling that is needed to make this work. At bottom it feels like KdP and CM simply cannot get their heads around why on earth their characters would have sex, much less multiple times, and it just makes those scenes stillborn. The guilt and regret and self-loathing they can understand easily enough, that's very natural to the situation, and so they always knock that out of the park.

I did laugh at the way KdP delivered the line where Eve asked Paige if it really matters who JJ slept with - I loved the nervous smile.

Kate is killing me. Victor told her pointblank that Clyde is another Curtis Brown. Kate, open your eyes! I can't buy her as being so clueless. I guess I'm supposed to think that she just hates Jordan soooooooo much that she's completely blind to all the red flags, but Jordan is so tamely inoffensive it's really hard to understand why Kate bothers using any energy to hate her.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 8

There is some boring crap going on in Salem these day.  It might have to do with some boring characters, such as Serena, Eric, Jordan, Ben, Chad, Abby, Eve.  Need I go on?  We know things are going to backfire on Nicole since they always do.  Stefano will find out that Clyde was responsible for EJ's death and all Hell will break loose at some point. Victor and Stefano will dissolve to the status quo of distrust and inaction. Brady will never get a clue and Melanie will never find a hairbrush. 

Seems like stories are stalled again.  Probably waiting for a sweeps period yet again.

• Love 5

So tired of JJ and Eve. The actors are trying but they just don't sell the "it's impossible to keep my hands off you" feeling that is needed to make this work. At bottom it feels like KdP and CM simply cannot get their heads around why on earth their characters would have sex, much less multiple times, and it just makes those scenes stillborn. The guilt and regret and self-loathing they can understand easily enough, that's very natural to the situation, and so they always knock that out of the park.

That's an interesting point about JJ and Eve. They do both seem to be playing the guilt and self-loathing part of the storyline very well.  It's when they start touching each other that they both seem to get "wtf" looks on their faces.  JJ, in particular, seem to get the angry "wtf" look on his face.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

I thought the guy talking to Nicole about Serena turned out better than I thought he would be. I guess it helped that he looked like he didn't model underpants.

He used to be Scott Chandler on AMC.  The actor who plays Aiden also used to be Scott Chandler on AMC.

• Love 3

Some people like the manic sex JJ and Eve have believe it or not.  To me it comes from KDP constantly overstepping her part by a good beat.  She jumps in one beat ahead of the action with the hands hands hands flailing and grabbing anyone and anything.  She does it with Paige too so I can't blame her for the constant downward looks never being allowed to get a word in.  And she shouts and says JJ JJ JJ JJ.  It's as bad as when Judgey used to say Jack Jack Jack Jack. 

ETA I'm dispensing with commas for the most part because I really can't see the screen not that I don't know better.

Since I spend a lot of time here and with other forums too, and you all graciously have let me speak my mind and make me laugh every day I just wanted to share that our kitty Prowler Alexander's heart stopped while on the vet's table yesterday.  He wasn't well but it was really unexpected for a checkup and I gave this cat to my son when he was 10.  So it brings up the loss of his father at 25 poor kid.  No need for anyone to say anything  I'm just  happy to be able to say something. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 7

Since I spend a lot of time here and with other forums too, and you all graciously have let me speak my mind and make me laugh every day I just wanted to share that our kitty Prowler Alexander's heart stopped while on the vet's table yesterday.  He wasn't well but it was really unexpected for a checkup and I gave this cat to my son when he was 10.  So it brings up the loss of his father at 25 poor kid.  No need for anyone to say anything  I'm just  happy to be able to say something. 

I'm really, really sorry.  What a shock that must have been.  Terrible for your son, you also.  In all the stresses of our lives, our animals provide a centeredness, and evenness and dependability that's hard to find otherwise.  My sympathies to you both.

• Love 10

After everything that happened because of Kristen and Nicole, the writers had the perfect opportunity to make Eric grey. Instead, they chose to keep writing for him as if he were still a priest. Why?

This show is obsessed with Catholicism.  I don't know why  and I don't care and I don't know what Cordray's background is but I've said before  I've spent more time in the Catholic church on this show than I've had in my entire life.  Don't get me started on Haiden's angelic sex.  Still if anyone needs a religious upbringing it would be Ciara.  Hopefully one that includes teachings about loving and helping the sick and poor and not being a greedy little brat who threatens adults and blackmails.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 5

Just watched Friday's episode...all I can say is could the scenes of the "hot passion - we hate each other" JJ & Eve stuff be acted any worse?  Is it the awkward writing or bad acting?  I am finding it hilarious..."I HATE you...smooch" LMAO

Oh and I thought Serena was going to suck Eric's face right off when she went to "kiss" him...it was like she attached a plunger to his face.

Hope Ollie becomes someone's bitch in jail lol

• Love 4

I don't think I ever really noticed kissing the way I do lately on Days.  What I really mean is that I've never had to HEAR it as much as we do on this show.  When virtually everyone kisses, it sounds like really badly mannered children slurping at wet food.  Or the sound sticky bare legs make on a hot summer day when they get stuck to plastic or leather furniture.

Sexy, it is NOT.  

I hope Show kept the box Ollie came in.  Toys are always more valuable with the packaging intact.  And so much easier to return.

• Love 6

IDK what's up with the actors when it comes to kissing scenes. They act like they never kissed before all that noise making. Ewww. It sounds like the biggest pet peeve of mine which is when people smack their food. That's what most people on Days kiss like. Ken & his Jar Jar Doll are the worst, Shrewena looks like a horrible kisser the way she just opens her mouth so wide and just devours poor Eric's lips, he probably felt Shrewena's tonsils.

Maybe they should take advice from Jada Pinkett-Smith, she said that when Will Smith has a kissing scene, he better be good at it because she doesn't want the actress coming up to her and saying, that her husband is the worst kisser ever.

• Love 4

My sympathies for you and yours, QuelleC

• Love 4

Quelle, my heart goes out to you. Lost our beloved Bubba just about a year ago after a brave fight with brain cancer. He died in my arms here at home. My husband is a bartender who works nights often, and after a month or so I realized why I suddenly felt so lonesome at night. We adopted an adorable 4 year old last spring and he's added so much silliness and love to our lives. Take care. 

• Love 5

That's an interesting point about JJ and Eve. They do both seem to be playing the guilt and self-loathing part of the storyline very well.  It's when they start touching each other that they both seem to get "wtf" looks on their faces.  JJ, in particular, seem to get the angry "wtf" look on his face.

"WTF" look is exactly how I think of their expressions too!

I felt like even the first time Eve and JJ had sex, KdP and CM were kind of lost, but at least then their characters had alcohol being involved and it's always possible to handwave away some bizarre behavior that way. But the second time, both Eve and JJ were sober, and I remember you writing then about the weirdness of that sex scene, kind of clinical and calculating and both clearly in enough possession of their senses that it was hard to understand why they didn't just stop. The way it felt to me was like DAYS had actually filmed a technical rehearsal where everybody's just paying attention to blocking and lighting. It didn't seem like KdP and CM were even trying to act during it - more like they were just dutifully changing positions whenever the director told them to. It was almost robotic. Without the easy excuse of alcohol anymore, I don't feel like KdP and CM have any real clue how to play this supposed attraction. I love me some hatesex and I love me some inappropriate crackship sex, but there has to be a certain vibe between the characters that sells the sex and I am just not feeling it here. Not with the WTF faces and general lack of genuine sizzle between them.

• Love 3

Black Knight, I think you've hit the nail on the head with the JJ/Eve mess. I really do think both actors are doing their best given extraordinarily limited material. And, you're right, they both have done great work with the self-loathing aspect; and when they are processing or trying to hide the situation in scenes with other characters, they sell their reactions really well. But in their scenes together? I have no idea what's going on; and I'm fairly sure they don't either. They have both tried to explain what they think might be going on in interviews, but none of that really shows up on screen. 

I have no problem with hate sex (a concept that really only seems to work on TV); I have no problem with age differences in romantic relationships (as long as everyone is above the age of consent); and I have no problem with wildly inappropriate soapy romantic relationships. But this isn't really any of those. This is a series of weird love scenes with no story; it's basically a porno minus the nudity. Every two or three weeks we get a "I just have to have sex with you" scene....and that's it. Why? What's happening in between? What's anyone's motivation? It doesn't have to be a lot, but the writers need to give them and us something to hang our hats on. TIIC didn't set it up, they haven't explained it, and they're trying to tell a story (which doesn't actually seem to have any storyline to it) in fits and starts.  I think it has potential as a storyline, and certainly potential for a lot of fallout, but there has to actually BE a storyline.

Edited by kristabell
  • Love 4

Not to also mention we have to keep looking at the horrible flashbacks of the horrible sex between JJ & Eve. I just don't get their motivation at all, it would help if at least one of them said that they're strangely attracted to one of them, but that doesn't seem to be the case. JJ flashes back to his sex with Eve more than having flashbacks of his time with Lima Bean, you know someone he still has feelings for...allegedly.

Eve, i just don't understand her either, it's just odd watching this woman in her 50's go to the extent that she's going through to keep these two apart. I'm guessing her motivation is because he's Jack's son and nothing more since that's something she's repeating over and over to Judgy and JJ whenever she's in their vicinity, but it's a rather weak reason.

Days has shown to be giving out rather poor, stupid, direction to their actors, but some of that is to blame on the actors as well. Sneasel is suppose to be showing guilt but I don't see it and I'm going to lay 95% of that on GW's acting abilities. Have we seen one look of remorse from him since cheating on Sonny? Nope. JJ & Eve are just floundering in their scene together when trying to show lust or whatever the hell it is they're suppose to be relaying to the viewers.

• Love 3

I'm starting to think the JJ and Lima Bean relationship was just a means to an end; a way to have JJ and Eve interact so they could eventually have SHOCKING and EDGY sex. In fact, several stories seem to have been specifically to create buzz and in an attempt to make the show seem SHOCKING and EDGY - EJami, Kristen raping Eric, Kristen and Dan almost having sex, Kristen stealing Theresa's embryo. The Kristen character only exists to act crazy and pull outrageous stunts. The writers don't seem to care about telling good stories, they just want buzz. This is why I think Eve is going to get pregnant or cry rape. What could be more EDGY than that.

• Love 10

I don't recall alcohol being involved.

JJ went to that start of school college party in the woods  and had a red solo cup of beer and had his pic taken with a girl by Bev who sent it to LB.  JJ tried to meet LB at Dingy's apt and she got the pic so he had another beer out of Dingy's frigde while waiting.  She showed up and accused him of being drunk and hanging out with girls at a party she wouldn't attend..  He chased her to Southern's apt.  Southern had been drowning her sorrows with white wine over not being able to get her throat surgery. 

ETA I almost forgot, the girl in the pic was a hooker Southern hired to break them up. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

I'm starting to think the JJ and Lima Bean relationship was just a means to an end; a way to have JJ and Eve interact so they could eventually have SHOCKING and EDGY sex.

I agree.  I think this is true about this SL and several others.  It's all about the shocking twist.  Forget about good writing, character continuity, paying attention to history, or making a SL interesting for the long haul.  This is why the ratings keep dropping.  Whatever spike in ratings they might get with these types of SLs, it is temporary.  The people who tune in for the shocking twist, if they tune in at all, tune back out pretty quickly.  The long term fans get fed up and quit watching.

Something Ken Corday and the writers just don't seem to understand is that while all of the characters and the couples can't be happy 24/7 (What fun would that be?), if they are miserable all the time, none of the couples ever work through their problems, one or both of the characters just jumps into bed with someone else, they break up every other month, etc., that also doesn't give the fans a reason to root for the couple to work things out or get back together.  Why would I care about a couple that I know will be broken up two months from now?

I swear if they throw rape into the story, I'm convinced that Corday or one of the writers have some serious issues going on with wanting to put rape into just about all their stories.

I have no doubt they have serious issues.  These idiots had people blaming Eric for Kristen drugging and raping him.  They had EJ not only lying to Sami about Kristen/Eric.  They had EJ telling Sami Eric was the aggressor when he knew Kristen had drugged and raped Eric.  They had EJ laughing about his sister raping the brother of the woman he raped who he claims to love.  Then they had EJ cheat on Sami, and blame everything he did on Sami.  AND then instead of having Sami burn EJ to the ground, they put her back together with him.  Then Kristen once again faces no consequences for what she did to Eric, proceeds to rape/violate Theresa, and then leaves Salem.

The writers treated Eric's rape as a joke, almost every character on the show has been raped or is a rapist, and several members of Eric's family have been raped including Marlena, Sami, Kayla and Kim.

• Love 9

Sorry for your loss, QuelleC; it's always hard to lose a beloved pet.

But I don't think it matters if they kept the box Battery-Operated BOllie came in. Isn't there a rule about no returns for "adult" toys? Who knows where he's been?

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4

Do other soaps have such terrible treatment of rape?

I have only watched Days for the past 30 years. I watched Another World years back but I was a teen and didn't comprehend it all.

The short answer is yes. The slightly longer answer is that there were a few storylines a couple of decades ago that were handled significantly better and at least the fallout was acknowledged - Jack and Kayla on DAYS and Todd and Marty on OLTL. I'm not as familiar with what happened to Days in the intervening period, but OLTL subsequently squandered any and all points they had made with the initial storytelling with later retcons.

But since then, every single soap has used rape as a means to an end in a storyline and then immediately swept it under the rug, laughed about it, or never acknowledged it. I think an even bigger problem soaps have is that often times they don't acknowledge sexual assault when it occurs; it's just part of the storyline. Oh someone pretended to be someone else and had sex with someone else who didn't know who they were? Whoopsie. Someone's drunk and someone else takes advantage of them? Oh well...

They very rarely acknowledge rape as anything more than a means to an end in a storyline, which is why they should stop using it as a plot device, full stop. If TIIC have no intention of doing the subject matter any justice at all, they should never, ever use it.

• Love 4

Do other soaps have such terrible treatment of rape?

I have only watched Days for the past 30 years. I watched Another World years back but I was a teen and didn't comprehend it all.

All My Children didn't use rape as a storyline very often, which is what probably made the subject so explosive when they did.  The last one on that show that I remember was Bianca being raped by Michael Cambias.  It was a shocker, very damaging and the repercussions were severe and drove story and character in various ways for years.  That may be the best storyline involving rape that I've ever seen on daytime.

OLTL played fast and loose with the subject during it's latter years when Ron C. wrote all the terrible things that happened to Jessica with her DID and yet never seemed to realize the character was actually being raped, and just as egregious, he wrote the Marty Saybrooke/Todd Manning rapemance.  Their earlier storyline, involving both characters back in the 90's was very dark and in no way played lightly, but that was under a  different writing team - a better one.

GH is mostly too busy trying to be some sort of space cadet moobster mob dramedy to have plotlines that touch on ANY real human emotion anymore, so they write some sexual relationships that are so inappropriate that they verge into that territory but I swear the head writer doesn't even seem to get it.

Days does seem to go to that particular poisoned well more than any other show and it's not treated as seriously (sometimes, anyway) as I think it should be.  It's used too, too much IMO.

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

You know what else is a killer, the fact that the Paul/Sonny story is no longer about Sonny, it has all transitioned over to Will. Do writers not have faith in FS to carry a story? I think he's a far superior actor than GW. We're always hearing from GW on the story and not FS, is his legal troubles is why they're not interviewing him? We've been wanting a Sonny focused story but we don't even get it.

Solution to that problem is to have Sonny kick Sneasel & Sparkle's raggedy asses and go all Kiriakis on them then decides he wants to run that club. Maybe turn Sonny into a grey character and have him interact with Victor and Rafe, grab Derrick and be in a relationship with him and kick Sneasel in the face everytime he sees him and he does to Sneasel what Sami did to Jar Jar, get him fired for Sonix and Sneasel has a hard time getting a job elsewhere, but of course since Sneasel is a Horton they'll come down hard on Sonny for being too angry.

• Love 8

You know what else is a killer, the fact that the Paul/Sonny story is no longer about Sonny, it has all transitioned over to Will. Do writers not have faith in FS to carry a story? I think he's a far superior actor than GW. We're always hearing from GW on the story and not FS, is his legal troubles is why they're not interviewing him? We've been wanting a Sonny focused story but we don't even get it.

Solution to that problem is to have Sonny kick Sneasel & Sparkle's raggedy asses and go all Kiriakis on them then decides he wants to run that club. Maybe turn Sonny into a grey character and have him interact with Victor and Rafe, grab Derrick and be in a relationship with him and kick Sneasel in the face everytime he sees him and he does to Sneasel what Sami did to Jar Jar, get him fired for Sonix and Sneasel has a hard time getting a job elsewhere, but of course since Sneasel is a Horton they'll come down hard on Sonny for being too angry.

Looking at Feb Sweeps, I would say that the Sneasel/Sparkle involvement has served it's purpose. It also seems like Sonny is going to be involved in stuff outside of Will and Paul. If everything blows up at the same time, FS should have a lot to work with. I do think GW likes to talk more than FS, but the last two SOD articles have been focused on Will's article and Will's ONS. Once Sonny finds out about everything I'm sure we'll hear from FS.

• Love 2

I have to agree with you that I think the Will/Paul hookup has served its purpose. I don't think Sonny is going to be forgiving Will for his betrayal. He will take this to heart. I do believe that Sonny will become a darker character after all is said and done.. Will has gone too far this time. I feel bad for him, and he will need his mother's support more than ever. Sami has always loved Will and she would stand by him and protect him from Sonny's wrath. At least Lucas is in town to help through this.  I don't think Will has really seen Sonny's ruthless side and I think he will be shocked and scared by what his actions have unleashed. 

• Love 2

But, really, does Sonny have a ruthless side? We've been talking about him as if he keeps the Kiriakis part of his nature in check, but maybe there just ... isn't one? Maybe one of his unseen brothers has more of it in him. Maybe Sonny's Kiriakis side is busy keeping his mother's side of the family from jumping out, all gossipy judgmental buttinsky and frowny disapproval of everything fun ever. 

And isn't Carlivati, of the infamous rapemance (and almost as infamously stupid Ford brothers), head writer at General Hospital now? I'd swear it's less about the soap as form, and more like the work of the same three or four deluded codgers writing all the rape-tastic crap these days.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6

I don't think Sonny would turn ruthless on Will,maybe just become bad tempered. If Sonny treated Will badly, there is no way he could still see AG. I could however see him go up against Chad because he is protective of those he loves. I think Sonny is going to get back together with Sparkle Paul. That is the only thing he could do that would really hurt Will.

• Love 2

Carlivati is disgusting and perverted, he has deep issues with the subject of Rape. The less said about him the better. I do think that Sonny has a ruthless side to him. He has never been in the position to show it, other than Nick. I do think Will's betrayal of him will bring that out. He has sacrificed to be with Will.  Adrienne was right to tell him that he was taking too much responsibility to be with Will and Arianna. Even Brian told him that. I think being with Will was a need of Sonny's to have a family of his own. Paul even said that he got the married life that he always wanted.  Plus, he was in control in his relationship with Will.  He liked calling all the shots and Will pretty much went along with whatever Sonny  wanted him to do. Will was hesitant to get married, but he eventually gave in to Sonny's proposal. It is obvious with Paul, that  he was the follower and not the leader.  Once the Will/Paul hookup is revealed, he will not react well. He has done so much in loving Will, taking care of him and Arianna. Being there for him, first as a friend and then his lover in getting him comfortable with being Gay. Look at how Sneasel will repay his love, patience and devotion. This kind of Betrayal would send anybody over the edge. I don't know how Sonny will ever forgive Will for this. I could see him being more understanding of Paul because Paul is single and free. He did not owe him any loyalty. However, Will is his husband and made vows to love Sonny through thick and thin....

• Love 3

The only Soap Rapes I've ever thought "worked" were Jack/Kayla and Roger/Holly on Guiding Light. I always thought that Sami/Ej were supposed to be Days' version of Roger and Holly, but they failed in so many horrible ways.

I'm  not sure if Sonny has a dark side, and I'm even less sure I want to see it. Now that they've finally given Sonny a personality and flaws, I like him the way that he is and this show is sorely lacking a good character I can actually root for.

• Love 7