Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

lol@ Jan and Oprheus's exchange over the Salem PD password

31 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That was one of my fave scenes in awhile.

Don't forget to winky face your posts. Or not. Just saying...

Signed, 

F as in Frank   🤣

• Wink 1
  • LOL 11

I was glad to hear Ben wasn't at Abby's funeral the one that was offscreen. I mean I normally don't care if the funeral was onscreen or not for the most part but considering how they bombed everything else in this storyline unless Abby is resurrected a few months from now this is going to be looked back as a really awful exit for a character we watched born and grow up on this show. Ron is getting pushback on Twitter for his now deleted tweet about how they couldn't do Abby's funeral onscreen because they are only allowed 12 characters on screen per episode.

I don't particularly care about Abby but if they want the audience to believe these characters care and her death mattered they have failed all across the board. Chad seems to be the only one to have a realistic reaction. JJ too for the brief moments he's allowed to have one.

I thought the Doug/Julie scenes were sweet. Julie talking about how everyone is leaving sounds a lot like the Days audience tbh.  I wonder how the Horton Christmas will be(I rather they scrap the whole thing at this point tbh)

The rest? Meh.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I can't remember but did they have a funeral for Abby when she faked her death?

I don't think so now that you mention it but at least that was handled a lot better onscreen(or maybe it wasn't but it wasn't as bad?). I think JJ was the only person who believed she was still alive and tried to find her.

• Love 3

I don't think the show needs a funeral. We all know the show don't do these type of things anymore.  If they had hit the beats leading up to the offscreen funeral people wouldn't be too upset.  It's the story that is lacking 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Swartz said:

I don't think the show needs a funeral. We all know the show don't do these type of things anymore.  If they had hit the beats leading up to the offscreen funeral people wouldn't be too upset.  It's the story that is lacking 

The show didn't even do funerals when look time characters dies because the real actors died in real life(e.g Alice, Caroline).

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, nilyank said:

The show didn't even do funerals when look time characters dies because the real actors died in real life(e.g Alice, Caroline).

Caroline got short shrift, that's for sure.

I well remember Show doing good by Alice, though, with bringing back characters and honoring her memory and impact on the show.

By the time Peggy McKay died, Show didn't even have the budget to even do much of that.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Swartz said:

Yet Kayla doesn't get a goodbye with her niece Ciara.  

Maybe Kayla secretly can't stand her, either?

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

Ciara looked like she was going to the club instead of a funeral. She was lucky to not suffer a wardrobe malfunction, or hello nursing boobies. If she is nursing, where are her pads so no leaks. The kid can't be more than 2 months old. She does not look tired.

I thought Ben was nursing little Bo. Or the Bo doll. Who's gonna look after Clyde? Who cares? Nancy, you are an idiot to offer him a space in your home. Google him.

So Rafe is the godfather?

Marlena was a bit cold with Nancy. Why? As a therapist, you are nice to folks.

Jan's trigger word? The password? What is Orpheus going to do? Change the legal documents? Wouldn't the IT folks have a backup on the server? Wouldn't he need an Admin password? Geez.

Poor Evan. 2 kids and no role in any life. Wouldn't be keen on helping dad out.

Nice work Clyde to give a hot piece of jewelry to someone.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Wouldn't the IT folks have a backup on the server? Wouldn't he need an Admin password? Geez.

Normally I'd say yes, but this is the Salem PD we're talking about.  If their IT dept is anything like their cops, it's ripe for the picking. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Ciara looked like she was going to the club instead of a funeral. She was lucky to not suffer a wardrobe malfunction, or hello nursing boobies. If she is nursing, where are her pads so no leaks. The kid can't be more than 2 months old. She does not look tired.

I thought Ben was nursing little Bo. Or the Bo doll. Who's gonna look after Clyde? Who cares? Nancy, you are an idiot to offer him a space in your home. Google him.

So Rafe is the godfather?

Marlena was a bit cold with Nancy. Why? As a therapist, you are nice to folks.

Jan's trigger word? The password? What is Orpheus going to do? Change the legal documents? Wouldn't the IT folks have a backup on the server? Wouldn't he need an Admin password? Geez.

Poor Evan. 2 kids and no role in any life. Wouldn't be keen on helping dad out.

Nice work Clyde to give a hot piece of jewelry to someone.

I would have expected Clyde to be smarter than that. But this is Ron writing.

Yeah, I'm not buying Ciara being stuck on a boat for weeks, or months on end without someone doing her hair and makeup. uh, not going to happen.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Swartz said:

So true, of pretty much everything on this series. Days regularly emphasizes the things it can't do, rather than gracefully focus on what it can.

12 people? I feel certain we saw more than that at the Cin wedding bonanza. And less than that at Ericole's wedding.

If this IS her real death (ha!), seeing Jack, Jen, JJ, two kids, Chad, Julie, Doug, Marlena, Lucas and Gabi would have covered it.

• Love 7

“Why would I want to get pregnant to a homicidal manic?” -Jan

I really thought Evan was going to say, “Because you are one yourself.”

She’s certainly delusional.  Evan so does not roll the way she imagines.  But I'm rooting for her to sink the CIN.

titanic night GIF

• LOL 6
6 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

She’s certainly delusional.  Evan so does not roll the way she imagines.  But I'm rooting for her to sink the CIN.

No. If she sank then Ciara and Ben would never leave Salem.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 6

Not the greatest fashion authority on earth, and I am well aware of the Ciara character's wardrobe tendencies...but...

On what planet are deep cleavage and see-through sleeves considered appropriate funeral wear?

So glad she's heard the call of the open seas.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, nilyank said:

No. If she sank then Ciara and Ben would never leave Salem.

Unless they are attached to the anchor. I think Jason Voorhees met this fate in one of the Friday the 13th movies and we all know Ron isn't opposed to ripping off horror films. 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I'm really glad Ben and Ciara are leaving.  Ron really thought he had a Super Couple from the 80s.  The actors thought so too since you could see it in their performances particularly from VK.  She turned Ciara into an arrogant unlikable young woman. 

I didn't start out not liking them. I thought they had potential when they had those first scenes in the cabin.  But writing and the performances really ruined them.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

These Ben and Marlena scenes are nauseating

I think you're being too harsh.  Marlena's Ben/Ollie tongue bath is in keeping with the sessions she usually has with the man who strangled her grandson to death after trying to kill her, too.  I'm positive she plays Donna Summer "Love to love you, Baby" during each session with him, as any good therapist would.

Foreplay.  It's what's for dinner.

Somehow, I imagine her sessions with Nancy are a little less ...... fun?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

She was lucky to not suffer a wardrobe malfunction, or hello nursing boobies.

The way Ben had that baby slung over h is chest made me thing he was nursing it.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, RedElf said:

The way Ben had that baby slung over h is chest made me thing he was nursing it.

Ben WOULD do that for Ciara, he's just that wunnerful.  And luvs her that much.

And none of that is creepy in any way.  Nope, not at all.  They're a very very special couple.

Though, to be on the safe side, don't leave any neckties laying around.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

19 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Normally I'd say yes, but this is the Salem PD we're talking about.  If their IT dept is anything like their cops, it's ripe for the picking. 

Is "Statesville" prison being run by the Salem PD? Isn't it supposed to be run by the state, hence, its name? So if run by the state, why in the HECK would Shawn D. even know the IT password for the prison computer system?!?!?  And for argument's sake let's say Statesville Prison is administered by the Salem PD, why would Shawn - who is not in the IT department - even know what the password is?

Just because I'm in one department of my company, it doesn't mean I have access to my IT department's admin password(s) and the IT guys would LAUGH me out of the company if I asked for it. 

And ITA to everyone who posted about Ciara's inappropriate funeral outfit. YIKES! Boobapalooza!

Finally, jeeeeez, Shawn just keep sprinkling that Jan juice all over yourself. In today's show, Shawn asks Ciara to keep Jan company because she's sad about her impending prison return/leaving her son and Shawn has the gall to say it's NOT ABOUT JAN!  Shawn claims he's only concerned about the baby. How in the heck would Baby Shawn even know if Ciara kept mommy company while daddy ran to get Jan's burger?  Ciara keeping Jan company has zero to do with the baby himself!  It's all about soothing Jan. 

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I love Jan/Evan. More, please!

They really should've just made them an evil couple and just left Shawn/Belle out of it. The show and all the characters involved would be better for it. 

7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

So true, of pretty much everything on this series. Days regularly emphasizes the things it can't do, rather than gracefully focus on what it can.

12 people? I feel certain we saw more than that at the Cin wedding bonanza. And less than that at Ericole's wedding.

If this IS her real death (ha!), seeing Jack, Jen, JJ, two kids, Chad, Julie, Doug, Marlena, Lucas and Gabi would have covered it.

I'd swap out Marlena and Gabi for Steve/Kayla since they were fairly close to Abby although at this point they shouldn't have even bothered bringing back anyone since there was no onscreen funeral.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Is "Statesville" prison being run by the Salem PD? Isn't it supposed to be run by the state, hence, its name? So if run by the state, why in the HECK would Shawn D. even know the IT password for the prison computer system?!?!?  And for argument's sake let's say Statesville Prison is administered by the Salem PD, why would Shawn - who is not in the IT department - even know what the password is?

Just because I'm in one department of my company, it doesn't mean I have access to my IT department's admin password(s) and the IT guys would LAUGH me out of the company if I asked for it. 

And ITA to everyone who posted about Ciara's inappropriate funeral outfit. YIKES! Boobapalooza!

Finally, jeeeeez, Shawn just keep sprinkling that Jan juice all over yourself. In today's show, Shawn asks Ciara to keep Jan company because she's sad about her impending prison return/leaving her son and Shawn has the gall to say it's NOT ABOUT JAN!  Shawn claims he's only concerned about the baby. How in the heck would Baby Shawn even know if Ciara kept mommy company while daddy ran to get Jan's burger?  Ciara keeping Jan company has zero to do with the baby himself!  It's all about soothing Jan. 

Pretty sure Statesville is separate from the Salem PD, and Orpheus wanted the password for the Salem PD, not the prison. No idea what exactly he has planned, but whatever it is Shawn's log in/password is all that is needed.  The better question might be, why does Shawn do work at home with Jan nearby that she can see his password....Nevermind, this is Shawn; he probably has it written in big letters on a post-it and taped to his laptop screen.  X92F5:)29

• LOL 6

Have finally caught up on episodes, due to Holidays, etc.  Have to agree with everyone that Ciara's outfit was totally inappropriate for a funeral!  Maybe Ciara thought it was 'sailing wear"?!  Nancy trying to cover for Clyde about where she got the bracelet was ridiculous!  How can she be so dumb?!  On the other hand, the July 4th episode was So Depressing :(  Why did they have that episode on a Holiday?  I'm so Old I can remember when the Summer storylines were fun & had adventure, even as an Adult, I enjoyed the "Teen Scene"...remember when the Teens were on an Adventure to find Alice's ring(or necklace?)? The 4th of July would have the couples on a picnic in the Park, people watching Fireworks..there really is no Romance anymore :(   Meanwhile, I'm feeling as Sad as Doug & Julie that everyone is leaving Salem...there will be nobody left that I am interested in or can root for.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

Those Will and Ben (and Marlena) scenes. Wow… just… wow. 

They’re acting like Ben just made a simple mistake instead of brutal murder. I like Ben, but my god this is insane. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, boes said:

I think you're being too harsh.  Marlena's Ben/Ollie tongue bath is in keeping with the sessions she usually has with the man who strangled her grandson to death after trying to kill her, too.  I'm positive she plays Donna Summer "Love to love you, Baby" during each session with him, as any good therapist would.

I wonder if Marlena remember in fondness one their first session together in her office when he tried to kill her and add her to his body count when he was serial killing people because he wanted to frame Chad for sleeping with his then girlfriend Abby.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I would think Statesville is run by the state and the Governor's office. Unless it is a local remand centre. Shawn D would have his own access level and password and most likely cannot access all records carte blanche. Orpheus maybe needed Evan to hook up with a cute IT person.

I like Jan and Evan together. Yeah, Jan, one homicidal maniac may attract another. She doesn't like the Spears Frears name combo. Nice info piece to learn that his dad is Orpheus.

Why would Ciara visit with Jan? Except to stupidly show her the boat key and then leave her handbag open and accessible. Yeah, you got the family brain minus maybe half. Is the burger joint across from the hospital?

Nancy, idiotic move to tell Rafe that Chloe gave the bracelet to you. Good for Clyde for doing the right thing and telling the truth. I don't remember if Leo gave him his name but he can certainly describe Leo.

Why did the servants put Abs' dresses in the room? Surely they know she is deceased and it is better to put them into a spare room.

Isn't Marlena a bit old to be a godparent? As if she will care about Ollie Jr.'s spiritual development. Such an outdated tradition as the godparents do zilch. Will should not have been so touchy feely saying goodbye to Ben as a friend of sorts. Maybe he will snap on the boat.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I'm glad they didn't forget Will/Ben were besties and he was his best man.  

Did Theo leave without any scenes with Chad or acknowledging Abby's death? This writing so bad. 

• Like 3

He's on supervised parole and is caught with stolen jewelry from a murder.  Puts him in the home when Abby was murdered unless he can prove he wasn't there and hand over who sold him the jewelry. 

Not sure why he willing to risk his freedom for Leo. Just give him up. 

• Like 7
12 hours ago, DanaMB said:

They’re acting like Ben just made a simple mistake instead of brutal murder. I like Ben, but my god this is insane. 

I'm glad that even people who like Ben can agree this is absolutely ridiculous lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

I'm glad they didn't forget Will/Ben were besties and he was his best man.  

Did Theo leave without any scenes with Chad or acknowledging Abby's death? This writing so bad. 

See, I almost thought you were being sincere with that first part and then I read the second part and was relieved 😄

I have to actively forget Ron's insistence that Will care deeply for Ben. It's disgusting. As a gay man himself, you'd think Ron wouldn't want to portray the show's main gay character as grateful and loving towards the man who murdered him.

If Abe had been brutally murdered, as the show's most famous black character, would they really turn around and make him chummy with his killer years later? I think not. They'd know the optics were bad and do the opposite. They'd remember how outraged the public was at the treatment of such a marquee character and make sure the villain got his due.

Why hasn't that been the arc for Ben as Will's killer? Because he's "sexy", so therefore the gay guy forgives his straight male killer..?

That's the story Ron has basically told, or at least how it looks. It's both baffling and gross as hell. Yeah sure, they were buddies sorta back before Will figured out he was the necktie killer...but it wasn't a close friendship, so Ron wasnt building on canon by revisiting it.

Theo absolutely should have been there for Chad. They're supposed to be super close. It's one of the better friendships on the show.

And wait...did Theo get any scenes with Ciara, his other bestie? Did he mention what's going on with Claire?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

Damn, EJ is very loud when he drinks.

So Salem Hospital has no security to make sure nobody steals the babies?

I guess Clyde didn't recognize that Leo is rather ... flamboyant.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

If Abe had been brutally murdered, as the show's most famous black character, would they really turn around and make him chummy with his killer years later? I think not. They'd know the optics were bad and do the opposite. They'd remember how outraged the public was at the treatment of such a marquee character and make sure the villain got his due.

I'm not certain I agree with this. On All My Children, Jesse (a black man) eventually became cordial with Liza ( a white woman) who falsely accused him of rape. They would even have scenes together completely alone, which always made me uncomfortable for him.

Also, as a U.S. culture, we're obsessed with black people forgiving white people their transgressions. Look at the real life Charlotte Massacre from a few years ago, and how those black people forgave the white man who killed their families and attempted to kill them. U.S. culture exalted that as a beautiful moment and a learning opportunity and a goal for racial harmony.

If Abe were murdered and forgave his white killer, I could see it being portrayed as positive and a sign of racial harmony, sadly.

Even more sad, I could see the show handling the killer in a similar way they treat Julie. In the sense that the black characters would have to teach the white killer all about racism and being a better person.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I rolled at Jan throwing the 'baby' at Shawn. And basically just everything involving Shawn/Jan and Evan/Orpheus. Quality entertainment!

I thought for sure she was holding a sack of sugar so I laughed when the oranges rolled out. Guess she stopped by a fruit market on the way to the marina. 😁

• LOL 6
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't think for Ron it has anything to do with Will being gay or anything, it's just about the desire to make Ben into the leading man/hero of the show so everyone must love and praise him.

Make him a compelling character and write good material.

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I was glad to see Belle kick Jan’s ass with that oar. Too bad Shawn went into the water to “save” her.

At this point I actually think Shawn should've disappeared with Jan tbh. I think Belle can easily exist without Shawn. I don't think Shawn(well BB's version) can do the same. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

At this point I actually think Shawn should've disappeared with Jan tbh. I think Belle can easily exist without Shawn. I don't think Shawn(well BB's version) can do the same. 

I agree. I still like EJ with Belle. I wish they would cut the cord between Shawn and Belle.

• Love 7