Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

There is no way in hell that first Sami and then Kate would not have stomped the boring twit into the ground.  These writers are incompetent idiots.

Paul/Will/Sonny makes less and less sense everyday.

Dan and Eric are annoying idiots (this disease seems to afflict everyone now), and I would say I don't know why Nicole and Serena would bother with either of them except that Nicole and Serena are also annoying idiots.

The number of people trying to steal Brady's crown of dumbest person in Salem keeps growing by the minute.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

The whole thing that got me was Nicole would never purposely spill a drink.  She would have licked up the sweater before she let that go.

Personally, I think the writers are trying to win the Brady's crown of dumbest person in Salem award.  Or maybe me, because I keep watching this show.  (FTR, I've been watching it since I was three.  I think I need help.)

Edited by polodog
  • Love 4

What is Eric's situation now? I know he's not a priest, but it doesn't seem like he really has a strong interest in the woman he's courting either. Granted, I think it's sweet he's not jumping into bed with Serena straight away, but he doesn't really seem like he's struggling with feelings of lust either if his intention is to wait till marriage for sex (is that his goal now? And does Serena know that that might be his goal? She's always talking about taking things to the bedroom, and then Eric just kind of seems comatose like usual).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

What is Eric's situation now? I know he's not a priest, but it doesn't seem like he really has a strong interest in the woman he's courting either. Granted, I think it's sweet he's not jumping into bed with Serena straight away, but he doesn't really seem like he's struggling with feelings of lust either if his intention is to wait till marriage for sex (is that his goal now? And does Serena know that that might be his goal? She's always talking about taking things to the bedroom, and then Eric just kind of seems comatose like usual).

I think her whole interest in getting into his bedroom is to find the elephant......statue. ;)

• Love 4

I am pretty impressed that show came up with a story--I am guessing that Serena is looking for diamonds or something similar inside Eric's African art. I just hate that Nicole has to even take part--the informer said he would go to another reporter. Why not let them do the dirty work?

Also impressed, putting Rafe in charge of a nightclub actually worked, synergy!

• Love 3

For the life of me I can't figure out why Won't is so gosh-darned invested in Sparkle Paul's happiness. Neither the script nor Wilson's performance gives adequate reason for this. 

What I see is Christopher Sean trying to get something, anything out of Guy Wilson and getting nothing but scrunched lips and a stoney glaze.  The story doesn't make any sense but CS is at least trying to give Paul some motivation,  even if its somewhat in conflict with the writing.  GW isn't trying at all.  He's standing there reading lines.  

As far as everything else, I felt so bad for Arianne Zucker and Melissa Archer.  That catfight and those coats were so embarrassing.    Why soaps think viewers want to see two grown women acting like that is baffling.  

• Love 6

Today's show.....This episode was more like a National Geographic travelogue on a trip to the Land of the Tiny-Brained Folk.    I couldn't take my eyes off the screen and it was NEVER for a good reason.

Some of you have mentioned that Abigail has a fat head these days.  My God she really does!  I wonder if she's storing nuts for the winter.  I don't know, though, she's had Ollie's for a while now.  You'd think she wouldn't still be carrying them in her cheeks.

Whatever it is, seeing her oddly shaped face get even stranger-looking is a gift that doesn't stop giving.

Paul strikes me more and more as someone who really doesn't care what someone else is feeling or thinking as long as he gets what he wants. Huh. Maybe he and Won't are perfect for each other.

For the life of me I can't figure out why Won't is so gosh-darned invested in Sparkle Paul's happiness. Neither the script nor Wilson's performance gives adequate reason for this. 

I get so distracted by Sparke's Colgate grin that I barely hear what he says.  I keep waiting for him to turn to the audience and say "4 out of 5 dentists agree....".

He is a selfish prick, though, that's being made clear.  And dull as dirt, too.  Whoever told him that the key to winning friends and influencing people were Crest whitestrips did this guy no favors.  Just wait till he finds out that his sainted grandfather thinks he's a shallow boor.  

Which makes him Sneasel's dream man.  I can't figure out what Sneasel's investment in this guy is either, other than he's really taken a shine to the missionary position.  You know what I mean, helping Sparkle come out.  One thing is for sure, the world won't be surprised if Sparkle also admits to being a self-involved narcissist.  I'm hoping that what exposes this little affair to Sonny will be when Sparkle takes up wearing Grampa vests just like Sneasel.  SEXXXXXAYYY!!!

I also have to laugh at Abby's calling out Kate, especially in defense of Jordan.  Abby is absolutely no better than Kate and yet she acts superior in every way.  But than again this is the show that had Abby flabbergasted (and without a trace of irony) that Sami had the gall to inform Jordan that Rafe cheated on her.  Ah, Show--please keep being crappy :)

Kate belongs to this little shit's grandmothers generation, and yet Abigail is just as disrespectful to her as she is to everyone.  And, Kate is her Uncle Lucas' mother as well.  Yet she has the gall to give her superior snarky smile and speak to her in those precise mincing tone of hers.  I wish Kate had reached over and just pulled Abigail's giant rabbit ears right off her huge FAT head.  

Yeah, that fat head of hers makes me happy.  Maybe the bugs are trying to eat their way out of her brain.  It's got to be lonely in there.

Will is just so dumb, he's worse than Brady. I don't want to make assumptions about where this is going, but I think Sneasel is woefully underprepared for an opponent like Sparkle.

Man, you're right there.  Sneasel is underprepared for just about everybody.  He has a marvelous opinion of himself - too bad that opinion is not based on any reality.  I don't know if his version of dumb is worse than Brady's, though.  Just different.  Salem has more brands of dumb than Ben and Jerry's has ice cream.

I hate cat fights in principle too, but I am not going to argue one actress didn't bring it or one did. It seemed to me that both of them were totally engaged.

I salute both actors for doing it, and making it look like they were trying.  Cat fights are so dumb - and how the hell did Show expect those two women to even MOVE in those outfits?  I think they both must have lost circulation to their lower extremities.  

BTW - AZ needs to apologize to hair and makeup and wardrobe ASAP.  The Big Bird coat is bad, but that mullet cut is just painful to look at.  

Her shoulders are knobby and horizontal.  Seriously, literally horizontal.  I noticed just how straight across they were back on the Fourth of July (?), or whenever she was wore that hideous flesh-toned dress and intestinal bun.  There is no slope to them at all .... just her giant face atop a straight line of bones.

Ahhhh, snarking on Jar Jar Abigail is like music to my ears, good chocolate and a great glass of wine.  She's like the troll under the bridge in Billy Goat Gruff - AND she has a HUGE fat head!  Good day, folks, good day.  

I'm sure Woody Allen will be calling her any day now.

There is no way in hell that first Sami and then Kate would not have stomped the boring twit into the ground.  These writers are incompetent idiots.

The number of people trying to steal Brady's crown of dumbest person in Salem keeps growing by the minute.

If they renamed the show "The Biggest Loser" I wouldn't even notice.  

I think her whole interest in getting into his bedroom is to find the elephant......statue. ;)

If Serena is looking for anything else in that bedroom she's doomed to heartbreak.  I think Eric had all his extraneous parts removed when he became a priest, and he's as smooth and empty down there as the inside of his cranium.  Other than making a pretty planter, he's really not good for much.  And it's very hard for me to believe he ever was.  

Also impressed, putting Rafe in charge of a nightclub actually worked, synergy!

I agree.  I've really never been a fan or Rafe - or of GG, either.  I disliked him with Sami, think he's either pouty or pushy with most of the women in his life and only have enjoyed him - mildly - with Hope.  But this change so far is a good one.  The character just seems lighter.

Of course, it also doesn't hurt that he was surrounded by a group of raging morons today and was the sanest one in the bunch.

I just remembered. - Abigail - you know, that miniature giraffe with that really FAT HEAD, yes, THAT Abigail - said to Ollie that Chad "really knows how to push your buttons".  Now why wouldn't Chad - or anyone, for that matter, know how to push Ollie's buttons?  I'm sure his "off" and "on", his "walk", "talk", "stop", "wet himself" and "speak in weirdly accented voice" buttons are VERY clearly marked.  

The same way Abigail is marked "This End Up" so Show knows how to position her.

One more thing - Abigail's head is SURE FAT!   

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

Bahaha! That whole Nic/Serena catfight was hilarious. I'm not going to lie- I watched it a few times.

I wish there was a cable catfight channel where they just air catfights from soap operas. That's how much I love soap opera catfights.

I don't even care that LK has had plastic surgery and that it's obvious. She is so beautiful, especially today.

I like Abby but the sight of her trying to match wits with La Kate makes me laugh hysterically. She looked like a blind newborn kitten, poor thing. On the other hand she definitely deserves better than her cardboard cutout boyfriend Ben.

Shhhhhhhh, Will Horton! . Just...shhhhhhh!

I am equally in love with and traumatized by Nicole's mohawk and Abby's dog collar.

Edited by Thorpe
  • Love 3

I rather Sonny get with Derrick, even though Derrick needs to improve on his job performance. Maybe Derrick can come by TBD and flirt it up with Sonny, just harmless flirting because I don't want Sonny to go down the same road as his weasely partner.

• Love 4

Serena and Nicole both need heavy doses of Xanax.

I don't want to see Sonny getting back together with asshole Sparkle just because his husband can't keep it in his pants. Destroy both of them.

Sparkle was quite right to point out that Will is not really the right person to give out advice bearing in mind he has only been in a relationship with one guy and has just cheated on him, but I don't think Sparkle is any better. Sure, he may have slept with more dudes, but his only 'real' relationship consists of one year of hotel sex and road trips.

I thought this whole triangle would be predicated on the idea that these two guys would fight each other for Sonny. Right now it looks like Will isn't even sure he still wants to be in the relationship. I wonder what, if anything, changes his mind?

Regardless, Sonny deserves better than Will who is uncertain and Paul who would probably be scared to hold his hand in public. I don't want to see Sonny swop Will for Paul, only to have him go back to mentoring Paul out of the closet.

I really feel for Sonny, because he needs a true partner and none of these guys are it. Relationships should not be this much work. It's sad that DOOL only wants to write stories about closeted guys instead of well-adjusted individuals in an age where we have characters like Connor on HTGAWM. Why keep forcing Sonny to be paired with people like this? If it's part of Sonny's character, why does he gravitate towards closeted guys? Why can't someone like Reid Oliver come to Salem?

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 5

One more thing - Abigail's head is SURE FAT!

She has a huge jaw and hanging her mouth open doesn't help.

Lots of Serena bug eye today and I only caught part of the show.  She sure knows how to press Eric's buttons into scaring him b y mentioning the bedroom.  I hope Nicky will be vindicated in the end.  What's funny is the African art really caught my eye when they gave Eeyore the apartment set.  I think Serena has some potential to fit in on the show but the plot they're giving her seems like a one-and-done.  She knows he's not giving up anything except maybe some art. Or maybe it's not art.  Maybe Sonix will discover and print the pics of Eeyore lounging with his legs open along with another disasterous story written by Sneasel? 

Talking about forced couplings, I still can't get the stupid football scenes out of my head.  AZ is such a better actress than that and how can a real life couple have ZERO chemistry over and over again.  Dan's as judgmental as Jenn and that's why they belong together so they can go away.  Or at least let JJ move out.

I get the idea Jackson met Twinkly Eyes Sparkle Teeth about the time he got his contract which he said happened pretty fast.  These are all guys in their early 20's.  And that Jackson just followed him around and hid out as we saw when  the manager showed up in the flashback.  So yeah, Sparkle has less relationship experience than Will I would say. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

Bringing this over from the unpopular opinions thread:

In yesterday's episode, Paul was pretty good at playing on Will's doubts. If Paul can get Will to leave Sonny, then that leaves the path free and clear for him.
The red flag for me was when he insisted on Will coming back to his hotel room. On the last visit, Derrick was not able to get any photographic evidence, but perhaps this time he will be poised to catch Will and Paul in a compromising position.

If Sparkle's goal is to break up Sonny/Will so he can get Sonny back his plan is pretty stupid. He would have to know that eventually it would come out that he was the "other guy". It would also come out that he continued to make a move on Will even after he found out Will was in a relationship. Sonny would have to have zero self respect if he got back together with Sparkle.

• Love 2

Bringing this over from the unpopular opinions thread:

If Sparkle's goal is to break up Sonny/Will so he can get Sonny back his plan is pretty stupid. He would have to know that eventually it would come out that he was the "other guy". It would also come out that he continued to make a move on Will even after he found out Will was in a relationship. Sonny would have to have zero self respect if he got back together with Sparkle.

I wrote that post in response to a theory that Sparkle is playing Will, which may or may not come true. But I will say that I think there is a real possibility that Sonny will get back together with Paul. These writers don't care that they've painted themselves into a corner, they brought Paul on to be an interloper so he's got to end up with one of these guys since he's still on the show. Sparkle apparently loves Sonny so I'm guessing Sonny is it.

This is the same show that has Eric continue to hate Nicole, even after letting Kritter get away with his rape (admittedly for John's benefit). My point is, many people have said (and I tend to agree) that Eric is struggling to forgive Nicole because he loved her so her betrayal is worse in his mind. Sonny is definitely going to have a bigger issue with what Will did than what Paul did, and rightly so. Sparkle is under no obligation and he is only going to look better once it comes out that Will was taking off his wedding ring. I said here in December that Sonny and Sparkle could actually bond over being deceived by Will.

Whether Sparkle is plotting or he's totally innocent, Will is the bad guy here like CS said. All Sparkle has to say is that he initially thought Sneasel was single. If it ever comes out that he propositioned Sneasel after finding out he was in a relationship, Sparkle can always say Sneasel allowed him to think there was a chance for them after he slept with him the first time. All Sparkle knows right now is that Sneasel has a boyfriend, so he could say he thought it was negotiable. We know Paul doesn't care if the guy he wants is attached since he asked Sonny for another chance even though he knew he was married.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 3

I do believe that Will is going to lose Sonny after all is said and done. Sonny will get back together with Sparkle to spite Will. I do believe that Will's betrayal will bring out his dark side and Will is going to suffer for this and he will no longer have Sonny to protect and take care of him. I hate that infidelity is the way that this show is giving them conflict..There are so many ways that they could have given them challenges as a couple to face. I hope that Will lean on Lucas because he is going to need him more than ever. Sonny is not going to react well and I fear for Will. Unlike Abigail, who has been elevated to sainthood by the good people of Salem. Will be tarred and feathered for this....Plus, Sneasel deserve this because he has been so nasty and horrible since Chandler left. I cannot see Chandler's Will writing a scathing article about Sami and cheating on Sonny...Chandler's Will always had an earnestness that was endearing in his interactions with the people in his life.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Also, Sneasel just isn't that smart.  Or emotionally grounded.  Or truthful, especially with himself.  I saw all three things as true during his coming out storyline.  If it wasn't for Marlena's coherent and loving support (yes, there was a time I liked her recently), and her insistence that Will face the truth, and Sonny's unstinting support, Will's process would have been an ongoing disaster.  As much as I grew to dislike CM's constant and inappropriate smile, I also think he invested Will with a humanity and sweetness that I no longer see with GW in the role.

I do see Will's insatiable need to be loved, or at least wanted, and his insecurity on screen right now.  And I also see his unawareness.  Sparkle spoke to that combination of vanity and insecurity he has by wanting to sleep with him, and since Will really only sees things through his own perspective, he slid into bed with him without much thought.  And while I'm sure he feels guilty on some level, we're not seeing any of that on screen.  Instead he's doing his pissy put-upon dance with Sonny - who I think bores him right now - and trying to play savior with Sparkle.  It's all so much about his damaged ego.  Couple that with not being all that bright and we have Sneasel caught like a rodent in the headlights.  The headlights of Sparkle's starry Crest Whitestrip smile.

• Love 6

Also, Sneasel just isn't that smart.  Or emotionally grounded.  Or truthful, especially with himself.  I saw all three things as true during his coming out storyline.  If it wasn't for Marlena's coherent and loving support (yes, there was a time I liked her recently), and her insistence that Will face the truth, and Sonny's unstinting support, Will's process would have been an ongoing disaster.  As much as I grew to dislike CM's constant and inappropriate smile, I also think he invested Will with a humanity and sweetness that I no longer see with GW in the role.

When Will was avoiding coming out, I don't think he was honest with himself, but I never thought of him as either untruthful generally, or as truly stupid as he now seems. I agree that Massey gave Will a warmth and sweetness that made his faults more bearable, and his capacity for making the wrong choice seem regrettable, but a bit more understandable, at least to me. Part of the reason I find this plotline so difficult is that I don't find it in character for Will to be either a liar or a fool, though I do think his emotional groundwork is, shall we say, patchy.

For whatever it's worth, I am not seeing Will's need to be loved and wanted (formerly a big driver, as boes points out) particularly much right now. I am seeing Will making choices that hint at uncertainty or unhappiness, but his motives haven't been very clear to me since Wilson took over the role. 

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

When Will was avoiding coming out, I don't think he was honest with himself, but I never thought of him as either untruthful generally, or as truly stupid as he now seems. I agree that Massey gave Will a warmth and sweetness that made his faults more bearable, and his capacity for making the wrong choice seem regrettable, but a bit more understandable, at least to me. Part of the reason I find this plotline so difficult is that I don't find it in character for Will to be either a liar or a fool, though I do think his emotional groundwork is, shall we say, patchy.

For whatever it's worth, I am not seeing Will's need to be loved and wanted (formerly a big driver, as boes points out) particularly much right now. I am seeing Will making choices that hint at uncertainty or unhappiness, but his motives haven't been very clear to me since Wilson took over the role.

I'm going to see how it shakes out with Crest Whitestrip today and then we'll hopefully have some kind of motive. Like TigerLynx keeps saying, I think the writers are deliberately nebulous with the characters' motivations.

Will and Sonny are supposed to have a major fight today, so hopefully they can stay in the same room long enough for us to figure out where all this is coming from

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 2

I think my idea of Will's untruthfulness really comes from both the article he wrote about his mom and EJ and Abigail, and in the fall out from it.  I don't think he was honest about his motivations to himself or anyone else, and I think that dishonesty continued with the fallout.  I see it as virtually all emotional dishonesty, though - not Kate/Chad/EJ dishonesty.  Interestingly, also, I've only seen this since GH took over the role.  

You're right, I think, about Will's motivation with Sparkle to be not so much his need to be loved, but maybe his need to feel heroic?  Helpful?  Maybe he also - unconsciously - resents Sonny a bit for being more grounded.  I do think Will, both with CM and GW portraying the character, was insecure about other people's opinions and sometimes unjustly pleased with himself, on occasion, simultaneously .

And maybe we're all giving this more thought than the writers are!

• Love 6

I thought this whole triangle would be predicated on the idea that these two guys would fight each other for Sonny. Right now it looks like Will isn't even sure he still wants to be in the relationship. I wonder what, if anything, changes his mind?

This is what bothers me so much about this story.  We haven't been given any reason for Will to be behaving the way he is -- no reasons, no justifications, no rationalizations, nothing.  And GW sure isn't playing it like Will knows why he's cheating (no surprise).  He's so blase about it that I'm wondering if this isn't the first time Will cheated on Sonny?

• Love 2

Now that there's an actual backstory for Jordan, I feel her acting has gotten better. 

I'm not sure if it's because I'm terrified of only seeing Melanie and Abigail and, ugh, Ben on everyday, but I'm feeling strangely disappointed about Jordan leaving the show... 

AZ's short hair looks nice on her Twitter. Why doesn't the show try to make her hair look more like that? The show makes it seem as though Nicole is auditioning to replace the lead singer of Roxette.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I'm glad to see Nicole was able to find her earrings before she left.

Ha! When she took them off and flung them down, I assume they hit the ground as opposed to a table or chair. When the crowd came over to see what was going on, I was sure the earrings were stepped on and ruined. Yet they were back in her ears soon enough. Yuck! And... that's what I got out of this episode.

Destroy both of them.

Regardless, Sonny deserves better than Will who is uncertain and Paul who would probably be scared to hold his hand in public. I don't want to see Sonny swop Will for Paul, only to have him go back to mentoring Paul out of the closet.

I completely agree.  I would love for Sonny to go Kiriaksis on both their asses, and then move onto someone better.

• Love 2

Is it me, or do the writers rely on "nebulous" motivations quite often? It feels, I don't know, unfinished to me. It takes work to make a character ambiguous in a way that's believable and I so often think these writers don't distinguish between muddled or inconsistent motives and ambiguity of a character, or ambivalence within someone's own mind or heart. It's so frustrating to look for coherence and find ... this.

• Love 6
AZ's short hair looks nice on her Twitter. Why doesn't the show try to make her hair look more like that? The show makes it seem as though Nicole is auditioning to replace the lead singer of Roxette.

I have been referring to it as her Flock of Seagulls hair.

• Love 3

I also can't figure out what the show is trying to do with Clyde--we see him going to therapy with Marlena and trying to be all fatherly and philanthropic with Ben but then he's still nasty with Jordan and lest not forget, still running drugs.  Are we supposed to realize he's a villain playing the good guys or a conflicted man, trying to be a good guy but making bad choices?

And it needs to be said again, Abby must never wear her hair in that weirdass bun again or wear that awful dress--YIKES!

• Love 2

Sparkle is trash. Did you see how he got mad when Will had the audacity to find a little decency and refuse to let Sparkle play with his balls again? Ugh call a hooker you desperate asshole. 

I hate that Chad is degrading himself by chasing after that piece of trash Abifail. Find some dignity.

Plastic mannequin is really a terrible brother. Does he not notice how distressed and upset Jordan gets when Hillbilly Clyde is mentioned? I'm not even going to bother asking if Abifail notices something is wrong with Jordan. Of course she doesn't. Self absorbed narcissistic donkey. 

I thought Hillbilly Clyde was involved in drugs? Is Victor back into trafficking drugs? 

Kate looks so nasty every time she's slobbering all over that rapist. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 6

Oh my god, you guys are so right on Jar Jar's shoulders. O-M-G, looked like straight up man shoulders in that dress.

I love when Chad calls Jar Jar on her shit. He's the only character besides Sami who sees that bitch for who she truly is. Yea, bet Jar Jar didn't tell BOllie the whole story on the affair with EJ. She didn't tell him that she wanted it more than EJ did. Bet she didn't tell him about the Austin thing either or pitting Chad and Cameron against each other. BOllie doesn't know about the manipulative bitch he's with but BOllie really is no prize either.

Also ridiculous how Jar Jar & BOllie only seem to talk about Rapey, Chad, & Grimace. You see these two can't stand out on their own or have their own relationship problems, those three characters have to prop their relationship.

Yawn you really have to ask what you done to deserve RoboMar. You put in your award winning performance on that hospital bed, that's what got you the lady robot you always dreamed of having as a child, now he has one in life size.

Sneasel you stupid ass gerbil, couldn't he see that Sparkles was testing him on his loyalty to his relationship. Sneasel should have turned him away the minute Sparkles put his sparkly hands on his hand and started to caress gerbil's paw. Oh he was flattered because another gay man came on to him. Well let's hope that Derrick doesn't come on to him otherwise Derrick is going to get attacked by a gerbil in heat.

OK, doesn't that club look out of place for Naggie? I mean can y'all imagine her twerking, let alone any type of dancing that isn't a slow dance. Will also be hard to see Judgy up in there too, yikes.

Rafe, if you're going to run a club, you have to be a little bit more nicer to the people that's putting money into your club. He has to know that people he doesn't like is going to attend it, and the ones that he doesn't like are the ones with major bucks in the bank, so he just might wanna shut up. Don't have Sonny come up in there and drive a wrecking ball through that club to take out the competition. Release Sonny's inner Kiriakis which he will when he finds out what happens when he lets that gerbil out of its cage.

Ewww Gerbil get your damn lips off of Sonny after you just had your tongue down Sparkles throat. That's one of the biggest insults, knowing full well you just went out cheating and to come home and kiss your spouse. Just disgusting and you know he needs to bottle that shit up about the money issue when he's out cheating. STFU Sneasel. I'm still trying to find this look of guilt on his face which I just don't see at all.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 5

Sparkle is trash. Did you see how he got mad when Will had the audacity to find a little decency and refuse to let Sparkle play with his balls again? Ugh call a hooker you desperate asshole.

I hate that Chad is degrading himself by chasing after that piece of trash Abifail. Find some dignity.

Plastic mannequin is really a terrible brother. Does he not notice how distressed and upset Jordan gets when Hillbilly Clyde is mentioned? I'm not even going to bother asking if Abifail notices something is wrong with Jordan. Of course she doesn't. Self absorbed narcissistic donkey.

I thought Hillbilly Clyde was involved in drugs? Is Victor back into trafficking drugs?

Kate looks so nasty every time she's slobbering all over that rapist.

A little late to the party, but I'm so glad Sneasel put the brakes on sleeping with Sparkle again. I knew going to the hotel room was a bad idea. This was not good, but I guess the number of times Will fully cheats matters to me.

I'm glad Sneasel brought up whether Sparkle was only prepared to come out because they slept together and at least I have a bit of an idea of why Sneasel slept with Paul since he said he was 'flattered'. With the whole :'I'm glad to have met you', I wonder what Paul and Will's relationship will be like once Sonny comes into the picture.

I think Sonny has lost his confidence which is such a pity. I know Will doesn't have a leg to stand on right now, but Sonny was dumb to turn down Victor. I do understand a bit about not wanting to take handouts.

I think it was skeevy of Will to kiss Sonny after just having kissed on Paul. I would have thought he would shy away from affection. Maybe he is showing his desire for a connection between him and Sonny? I did like how Will didn't blame Sonny for the Club mess. Sonny seems to be internalizing his own guilt because he was insisting that Will is holding on to some kind of grudge about it. I wish that 'fight' had lasted a bit longer. I really feel like they have lots of issues they need to hash out, obviously the most important being Will cheating.

I'm hoping today was the start of Will feeling more guilt since we had the flashback. Will seems to enter an alternate universe when he is in that hotel room with Paul and takes off that ring. Hopefully he will start to realize how big he fudged up the more time he spends away from Paul. The fact that this article is taking so long to be published annoys me. Sparkle needs to s&@t or get off the pot.

I wonder why Mama Narita is hesitant to come to Salem. Does she know about Sonny? Or is Paul's dad one of the men of Salem?

I didn't really get a chance to focus on the show outside of Will/Sonny/Paul but is Rafe conflicted about Jordan or Kate?

Edited by 271queenie

I'm not seeing any story lines here worth watching.

I usually like Kate but Kate & Clyde are not working out on camera. Both are good actors but something is off. Probably the writing!

Will, Sonny and Paul are not working as a plot either.

That Abigail, Jordan, money plot is the place where you fast forward. It's beyond silly at this point.

I think this is the worst DOOL has ever been. Dr. Dan is starting to look good at this point...like he is the sane one!

I wonder why Mama Narita is hesitant to come to Salem. Does she know about Sonny? Or is Paul's dad one of the men of Salem?

I think it will have something to do with Lucas. When Lucas was talking to Adrienne last week, he mentioned a relationship with a woman in Hong Kong that did not work out, and I think that it might be Paul's mom he was talking about. Now, I am aware that Japan is not Hong Kong, but this is Days and so it might be close enough. Anyway, when she was so insistent about not being able to come to Salem and she gave such a false-sounding reason, it made me think about that line from Lucas. It would certainly set up some drama, since the show seems to be getting Adrienne and Lucas together, and how she feels about Paul...

• Love 4

When is Kate going to pay for some of her more malicious actions?  She tried to poison Chloe and Daniel too.  She sabotages Jordan every chance she gets. She is a master manipulator and liar.  I am actually hoping Stefano cuts her legs right out from under her. 

• Love 1

Lucas's girlfriend in Hong Kong had a name, but I can't remember what it was.  Unless they're going to change history again.

Who could Paul's father be?  Stefano?  Not good for him, since Stefano's children tend to die.  Victor?  Then Sonny and Paul's relationship was incestuous.  Would Show go there? John?  That's a possibility, considering how chummy Sonny and John were today.

• Love 2

Yeah, it looks like the writers are moving toward a Chad and Abigail hook-up. Can't say I'm oppose to that since these two have some serious chemistry. Hopefully, it will move her away from Benny boy.

Don't forget Kate also ruined Lucas' thing with Cheryl by shipping her off. Kate does horrible things but I just can't find it in me to dislike her. It's like when I use to watch Revenge, I love Victoria Grayson even though she's a murderer and a manipulator, but Madeleine Stowe portrays her so well I find it hard to dislike the character lol. 

For me for the most part it depends on how the actor portrays the character in the acting and sometimes backstory of a character that will get me to cheer or just flat out hate the character. I would have liked Clyde if he wasn't a child rapist, but that's all I see now when I look at him. 

• Love 3

I am a broken record...."please recast Will...PLEASE!" 

Having Rafe run a nightclub just is just so out of left field...only done to move a s/l along.  Like most of the bizarre things these writers do to the characters and their history, they will have them do a complete 180 in order to fit their story.  It drives me nuts.

All the hillbillies could leave Salem tomorrow and I wouldn't mourn them.

Really?  You are going to have John be a cop again?  He's in his 60's ... it's so unrealistic.  Only way it makes sense is if he were the police commissioner, and I don't see that happening.  Must be some other crappy s/l they have to bend everyone in a pretzel to make everyone fit it.

• Love 2

I love how Abby gets this "how DARE you?!" tone to her voice whenever she's trying to tell off Chad and he just shuts her up by pointing out what a liar she is.  I especially liked his mentioning EJ--I'm sure she's convinced herself that she's blameless and I'm sure her lying to Jordan about Clyde's money is all Jordan's fault too.

Sneasel actually stopped himself from sleeping with Paul again--wow, is that his conscience finally kicking in?  And I did like how Will looked ticked off that Paul was mocking his only having slept with Sonny--there is nothing to be ashamed of in that and Paul is acting like it is.  Of course that's all moot now but I appreciated Will's defending his choice not to be a Paul-esque manwhore.

I actually thought Victor's henchman was kind of cute--can he stay instead of Ben?  :)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 2

t's dumb how Kate keeps following Jordan around. Maybe we need to beg Idina Menzel to make an appearance at the club to let Kate know that she has to "Let It Go."

No no nooooooo. I can't hear "Let It Go" again. I'd rather someone just shoot Kate with a tranquilizer.

So Kate apparently does know that Clyde's work is illegal, and she doesn't care?  OK, then.

Kate was in love with Stefano so dating a criminal shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4