Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Stefano having a book written by Kim on his shelves is uber creepy.

If you're talking about children, Vivian, do you want Kate to bring up your blackmailing son, Quinn?

I hope Julie gets all butthurt when she finds out Hope and Rafe got married without her.

OMG, Julie, shut it about Gabi.  You're a one trick pony.

Since when is it the job of a police department to find evidence against a particular suspect, and not to find evidence of who actually committed the crime?

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Stefano having a book written by Kim on his shelves is uber creepy.

If you're talking about children, Vivian, do you want Kate to bring up your blackmailing son, Quinn?

Wasn't that Stefano's middle name though, Ubercreepy?  It was his game, and he was good at it.

The actor who played Quinn is on TNT's The Last Ship, if anyone is interested.  He's really nice to look at... ;-)  (The show in general is just "meh" but the cast is straight up eye-candy.)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

My husband was watching with me and asked the same question. I explained that since it was Salem normal rules don't apply and just moments later Hope said she had checked and in that county they didn't need witnesses. :)

Thanks for posting that. I was reading during all the wedding scenes, so missed that little Salem idiosyncrasy.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I love Vivian.

I do, too.  

7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I like Julie and I know  this board dislikes her, even, I am getting tired of her shrewish way..

I agree.....did you hear her tell Claire that she, herself, was not judgmental?  LOL

• Love 6
19 hours ago, boes said:

She has every right to hate Jawn - (I have, for years, simply because of his default "smell the fart" expression)

Remember how he used to kiss?  With his mouth wide open, looking like he was going to eat 'whoever he was kissings' face.  Oh, man, that was SO nasty.  LOL  (I still like John, tho)

• Love 5

What a surprise to see Gabigail coming out of the secret room behind the bookcase or whatever it is. Vivian has some goods now, or will want to read Stefan's book.

Claire, of course you don't want to ruin Julie's surprise by playing your song/recorded Tripp and Ciara. I got a little turned off watching her stuff almonds in to the gift bags.  You would think you would wear gloves doing so. Or wash your hands frequently. Unless they are wrapped almonds. And only 6 per person? No almond joy from me.

Hope wore those stiletto heels to the cabin?

Surely Gabi can look at the tape of the dark haired woman and notice that she was not wearing the blue nail polish she wore.

• Love 8

I ff'd through everything Rope-related, watching mostly for the wonder that is Vivian, but the highlight of today's show for me was hearing Julie say to Claire, "I don't judge".

Sure you don't, Julie, and Victor doesn't leave skidmarks in his tightie whities, either.

Wanna know why Maggie REALLY left???

• Love 8
12 hours ago, annabel said:

if possible, Chad and Abigail are even more boring when they are talking about something other than how awesome they are. are they supposed to be the star couple of the show??

If they are, this show needs some new stars.  Many people seem to dislike Abby, so no matter how much they like Chad, they aren't going to like the couple.

• Love 3

MM is a horrible recast of Abby. I never particularly liked the character in the past, but KM was able to make the role her own towards the end of her run. She was able to consistently give Abby emotions; MM seems to be unable to emote and has the same expression for anger as she does happiness. Although, I think MM has had much better writing favouring her character post-recast; to make the audience warm up to her it still isn't working. A testament to how god awful she truly is. BF/MM never had any chemistry to begin with. The current SL with Abby is downright painful and cringeworthy, I just FF it at this point. I think they're trying to make Abby the rootable one out of the Chad/Abby pairing for right now since I'm pretty sure BF is gone, and don't even get me started on Stefan/Abby. They both lack any spark or chemistry; it's just all around bad.

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 3

It looks like Lani is slowly realizing--I say slowly because Lani isn't that bright-- that Valerie isn't going to let her blithely go along with her lie.  Val is looking out for her son and grandchild and I can't wait for her to destroy Lani's deluded little world--the fallout will be epic.

Vivian is a treat and I loved her reaction to realizing that Abigail's lost her marbles--too awesome for words :)

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Vivian is a treat and I loved her reaction to realizing that Abigail's lost her marbles--too awesome for words :)

Vivian is so good and I loved her reaction to Gabigail.. The story is too stupid for words.. This story is bringing Stefan down. I wish that they had tested him with Sami, Carrie, Stefanie and Theresa.  

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Vivian is so good and I loved her reaction to Gabigail.. The story is too stupid for words.. This story is bringing Stefan down. I wish that they had tested him with Sami, Carrie, Stefanie and Theresa.  

I would agree, except that none of those people are on the show.  So how would that work?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I would agree, except that none of those people are on the show.  So how would that work?

Sami and Carrie were both on the show. Stefanie should be on the show. They can always recast her, if Shelley does not want to come back.

5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sami and Carrie were both on the show. Stefanie should be on the show. They can always recast her, if Shelley does not want to come back.

Right, they aren't on as regular characters. Sami is gone again for awhile, I suspect. 

On a different note, Stefan needs to wear his glasses more often and his shirts less often. ;)

8 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

On a different note, Stefan needs to wear his glasses more often and his shirts less often. ;)

Yes, but he has a weird belly button.  That's ok, tho.

He did look less dumb reading, didn't he? Read more Stefan. And spend more time with Mommy Viv. Aren't you two still just getting to know one another?

I'm side-eyeing the hell out of Ron for marrying Driftwood and Despair. Ron seemed to know going into this gig the shit we did (Will! Kristen! Viv! Jarlena!) and didn't (Morgan Fairchild, Bricole) want to see. He has to know how much we hate these two together, right? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS, RON?!

Ugh. I feel about as good as Claire handling the almonds.

• Love 3

We;;, my post bit the dust. So here it goes again.

Nice that Viv got to meet 'Gabi Hernandez'. Very good reaction. Too bad that Stefan was conveniently reading the book passages regarding alters. He did show up in time to rescue Mom, so there is that. The coat will resurface. Who are they going to pin the crime on to now? Will Chad see his wife wearing the dark wig? Better yet, will we see the secret room?

Valerie, it is up to your grown son to choose what he wants to do. Yes, you know from experience what the deal is, but he has to make his own choices. Eventually Lani's series of lies will be discovered.

JJ, getting married and getting a 'high' from this stage of your life is not really healthy. Still get counselling and then maybe when you are in a better place, look in to marriage. The baby high will wear off and you will be back to where you started and probably worse when you find out you aren't the daddy.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

He did look less dumb reading, didn't he? Read more Stefan. And spend more time with Mommy Viv. Aren't you two still just getting to know one another?

I'm side-eyeing the hell out of Ron for marrying Driftwood and Despair. Ron seemed to know going into this gig the shit we did (Will! Kristen! Viv! Jarlena!) and didn't (Morgan Fairchild, Bricole) want to see. He has to know how much we hate these two together, right? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS, RON?!

Ugh. I feel about as good as Claire handling the almonds.

Different strokes for different folks - I have absolutely no desire to see more Kristen or Jarlena. I'm indifferent towards Will.  So maybe Ron doesn't know?

• Love 2

I realized today that it is Chad I find supremely boring and will FF through whenever I have a chance. It is just my good luck that most of his scenes are with Abigail or Kate, two other characters I either find boring (the former) or extremely dislike (the latter)

• Love 1
(edited)
On 2/21/2018 at 3:26 AM, msrachelj said:

i think karma has had her visit. he killed a woman and no matter how evil she was, he has to live with that.

Killing a woman, no matter how evil she was and having to live with it puts Tripp exactly equal with Joey, though, and he has paid far less.  He hasn't had any of Joey's crippling guilt (or maybe Lucas Adams just isn't equipped to show it), and he has had no real consequences.  And he has what he did to Kayla on top of it, and no one seems to think he should be held accountable for any of it.  Karma would be Pamela's son coming to town to get revenge on Tripp.

Kayla has the right to be upset about Steve possibly going blind. But I don't get the continuing hate for John. He needs to remind her that she removed his perfectly good kidney against his will to save Stefano.

Kayla didn't do it to save Stefano, she did it to save John.  If she hadn't, Stefano's hack would have removed it without regard for John's life, like was done to Benjy for his liver.  She wasn't manipulated by her concern for anyone but John.

Edited by lska
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, lska said:

Killing a woman, no matter how evil she was and having to live with it puts Tripp exactly equal with Joey, though, and he has paid far less.  He hasn't had any of Joey's crippling guilt (or maybe Lucas Adams just isn't equipped to show it), and he has had no real consequences.  And he has what he did to Kayla on top of it, and no one seems to think he should be held accountable for any of it.  Karma would be Pamela's son coming to town to get revenge on Tripp.

I think the difference is Tripp killed Pamela in self defense/in defense of others--the woman was holding a gun on him and Ciara and it was a killed or be killed situation.  Joey killed a woman in a hospital bed, so yes, Joey should be racked with guilt, because there was no reason for Ava to die like that.  And to me, Lucas Adams is a far better actor then the kid attempting to play Joey and I think Tripp has shown the proper amount of guilt in having to kill someone in order to stay alive.

• Love 7

I love that Vivian has discovered Gabigail (I adore Vivian & want her in everyone's business) - I still hate they are wasting Stefan on Gabigail - I would love for them to bring Stephanie back full time & have him hook up with her - anyone but Gabigail.

Lani & JJ put me to sleep (as does Eli & Gabi) - lets' hope when the baby news comes out - JJ & Gabi drown their sorrows in each other

The difference between what Tripp did & what Joey did is that Pamela  was actually threatening their lives & would have killed Ciara & the rest of them if he hadn't been able to use that syringe on her - Joey on the other hand - killed Ava while she was in a hospital bed (and I was not a fan of Ava) &  was pretty much helpless at the time - Yes she did a lot of heinous things to Steve/Kayla & Joey but I still don't know that she deserved to die like that & Joey should have guilt for doing it.    And I do think that Tripp has tried to atone for what he did to Kayla & I do feel for him - they lied to him multiple times about how Ava died (plus he never knew her & had no idea how horrible she actually was - he was grieving for a mother he never got to know)

• Love 5
8 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Different strokes for different folks - I have absolutely no desire to see more Kristen or Jarlena. I'm indifferent towards Will.  So maybe Ron doesn't know?

That's probably why no show can completely satisfy every fan.  I, myself, love Jarlena.  Kristen, not so much.  Will, eh, he's ok.

The big question is, does ANYONE like Hope and Rafe together?

8 hours ago, annabel said:

I realized today that it is Chad I find supremely boring and will FF through whenever I have a chance. It is just my good luck that most of his scenes are with Abigail or Kate, two other characters I either find boring (the former) or extremely dislike (the latter)

Funnily enough, when I first started to watch the show again, it was the beginning of the Chad, Ben, Abigail triangle. And I liked Ben more than Chad.  However, I did like Chad with Jordan.  And I liked Chad and Sonny's friendship.   I might have liked Chad and Gabi as a couple, but it was tainted with "poor writing". 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Princess Consuela said:

The difference between what Tripp did & what Joey did is that Pamela  was actually threatening their lives & would have killed Ciara & the rest of them if he hadn't been able to use that syringe on her - Joey on the other hand - killed Ava while she was in a hospital bed (and I was not a fan of Ava) &  was pretty much helpless at the time - Yes she did a lot of heinous things to Steve/Kayla & Joey but I still don't know that she deserved to die like that & Joey should have guilt for doing it.    And I do think that Tripp has tried to atone for what he did to Kayla & I do feel for him - they lied to him multiple times about how Ava died (plus he never knew her & had no idea how horrible she actually was - he was grieving for a mother he never got to know)

What Joey did to Ava was much worst.  However, I do think that Ava was an existential threat to Joey and his family. She was never going to leave them alone.  I just wish that the writers had built it up more. Joey should have found that creepy shrine of Ava's that had pictures of Stayla, with Kayla's faces ripped out.  That was incontrovertible proof of Ava's intense hatred of Kayla. Plus, you have Joey as teenager, acting on impulse, not fully realizing, the consequences of his actions.  It could have been a good story, but, the show messed up the execution. 

• Love 4

The whole Pamela thing was so odd. It came out of nowhere, was wrapped up in two episodes, involved bringing Billie back for eighteen minutes of screen time, ended in Tripp killing her (self-defense or not, it's a crime), and seems to have no real repercussions other than whatever is coming down the line with Steve's eyesight. That's a whole lot of useless rigamarole to get to the point where Steve's one good eye is failing him. Why not just have Steve ... experience vision issues? Or maybe he could have been injured while working a case? Why have John poison him (sorry, but John comes out looking really bad in this)? Why have Lisa Rinna on set for a day? Why make Tripp a killer (especially if there's no fallout from his actions)?

I know a lot of people are griping about the Gabigail story, but at least that's fun. And it seems well crafted into the overall plot of Andre's murder. The thing with Pamela is the epitome of bad writing to me - it had no buildup, no payoff, and ended before it even began.

On another note, I would be so pissed if I were Gabi. I mean, is that really what Abigail thinks Gabi looks and acts like?!

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Was that a second alter already?

I believe so, though we didn't get a name. Funny that Chad loves "Gabi's" look and the new alter's feisty-ness. Wonder just what it was about Abigail that excited him before?

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Was that a second alter already?

Was it? I thought it was still Gabigail, pretending to be Abigail, but not wanting to get lovey with Chad, which makes no sense, because "real" Gabi has a thing for Chad.

So who does Stefan plan to frame? Real Gabi? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I was confused at first, but at the end she said something like "Good thing I'm here now" so I thought she wasn't "Gabi" anymore but someone new.

I think he's going to frame Chad.

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I believe so, though we didn't get a name. Funny that Chad loves "Gabi's" look and the new alter's feisty-ness. Wonder just what it was about Abigail that excited him before?

I thought that yellow dress was weird and shapeless--are we supposed to pretend it's some sort of stunning gown?  MM's Abby is so low energy and almost monotone, it's hard to see her personality, let alone the alters.

14 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Was it? I thought it was still Gabigail, pretending to be Abigail, but not wanting to get lovey with Chad, which makes no sense, because "real" Gabi has a thing for Chad.

That was a strange scene but maybe "Gabi" doesn't want to kiss Chad because of her loyalty to Abs?  

I did like Eve and Claire's talk because both characters desperately need someone to confide in and I like seeing their bond.  Contrast that with Maggie and Julie's talk where it looked like Julie just wanted some dirt on Victor.

Could Brady finally have found his long missing soul?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I was confused at first, but at the end she said something like "Good thing I'm here now" so I thought she wasn't "Gabi" anymore but someone new.

Yup, that's what made me think so too.  That line was very gatekeeper-y, very Jean Randolph/Bess versus (ugh) Gabigail.

• Love 7
(edited)
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yup, that's what made me think so too.  That line was very gatekeeper-y, very Jean Randolph/Bess versus (ugh) Gabigail.

Exactly, I think we saw her already, after Gabigail makes her first appearance with Stefan, she goes to the secret room and changes, she enters the bedroom with a sleeping Chad, goes to bed and says something like "Thank you Gabi", lays her head down on the pillow, then Abby immediately wakes up.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Could Brady finally have found his long missing soul?

I liked that Brady owned up to ruining Nicole's life, and confessing that much to Eve.  I've never really hated the character, so I'm glad he hasn't turned entirely evil and might still have a conscience.  

• Love 5

I had to laugh when it occurred to me that Maggie is Julie's aunt.  :D

"I'm no killer." "Neither am I.  Well, not at the moment, anyway."

Uhoh, is Brady falling in love with Eve?

That's a dress Abigail is wearing?  I thought it was a dressing gown.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

That's a dress Abigail is wearing?  I thought it was a dressing gown.

Me too. It definitely didn't look like something the real Gabi would wear and it certainly didn't fit her well.

• Love 7
(edited)

I had the closed captioning on and when Abigail was speaking in those scenes with Chad, it had Dr. Laura as the person speaking, not Abigail. So her next alter is apparently her grandmother Laura?

Edited by thiskiss
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And before that, on this show, Kim's gatekeeper alter Claire. I still remember the scene we met Claire, in which she mentally addressed Kim's party girl alter: "You have gotten Kim into a lot of trouble with your antics. It's time for Claire to take over." Dun dun DUN!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

And before that, on this show, Kim's gatekeeper alter Claire. I still remember the scene we met Claire, in which she mentally addressed Kim's party girl alter: "You have gotten Kim into a lot of trouble with your antics. It's time for Claire to take over." Dun dun DUN!

Kim's DID was superb, it was the culmination of everything that Kim went through on the show.  I was surprised that it took  Kim that long to lose her mind.

Abby's DID is just a parody and nonsensical..

• Love 5

The shapeless mustardy yellow dress does not flatter a lot of people, including Abs/Gabsigail. Something I might wear in the house to do some dusting. And now we have a third Dr. Laura personality? The butler didn't find the wig in the front hallway?

Julie, it isn't any of your business what Maggie does.

And Brady, come clean. Maybe you are happy that Maggie is now gone (for a bit anyway) until you realize that you miss having a conscience living with you. I do hope Eve is playing a long con with you and Victor.

Claire, focus on yourself and not your Grandma. She is a big girl and does not need anything from you.

Vivian, you are so refreshing compared to some of the Salemites!

• Love 6
10 hours ago, thiskiss said:

I had the closed captioning on and when Abigail was speaking in those scenes with Chad, it had Dr. Laura as the person speaking, not Abigail. So her next alter is apparently her grandmother Laura?

Thanks for confirming. I had the close captioning on too, but I guess I wasn't paying attention.  And since I didn't even notice a change in personality, never thought to look to see "who" was speaking.   

And that's my question... SHOULD we easily know when the personality changes?  Or are they all supposed to be a version of MM's passive, dull Abigail.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

Thanks for confirming. I had the close captioning on too, but I guess I wasn't paying attention.  And since I didn't even notice a change in personality, never thought to look to see "who" was speaking.   

And that's my question... SHOULD we easily know when the personality changes?  Or are they all supposed to be a version of MM's passive, dull Abigail.  

A good actress would be able to make us know the differences.   This actress is so dull and uninspiring.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, buffynut said:

And that's my question... SHOULD we easily know when the personality changes?

Absolutely!  Can you imagine being a young actress and getting handed this opportunity to you on a silver platter?!  I'd be calling my acting coach for pointers, working out different mannerisms, body postures, accents and speech patterns for every alter.  Some actresses rise to the occasion (Erika Slezak, Anne Heche), some don't.

• Love 9
(edited)

Well said!

I haven't seen a multiple personality disorder story since Sharlene on Another World back in the 90s so I am actually pretty game for this...except this is already failing to deliver the basics.

The alternate personality has to be threatening in some way by exposing a part of the character's personality that could have serious consequences for all those around them. Gabigail is in no way threatening and I have no clue how she represents a part of Abigail's personality. Where is the story potential here? They could have just as easily had Abigail snap and murder Andre because she's always had violent tendencies and he turned out to be another man lying to her. 

Then there's the fact that the alternate personality has to be at least an entertaining persona. Why else put it on screen? All I'm getting from this one is a black wig and an "excuse me but there's a lot of people behind you in line/could you please hurry up?!?" tone of voice. I had really hoped Marci would put whatever acting training she has to use and give us something really different. She isn't.

And now Ron is also adding a new dimension of fail to this by forcing Marci to have to impersonate other actresses on the show. I've never seen alternate personalities be parodies of other characters before. How exactly is that supposed to work out well? I could do a fairly good impersonation of both Gabi and Laura Horton but I don't think that would be compelling as much as funny and possibly insulting to the other actresses. Marci, who has been busy trying to figure out how to play her character, probably has no comfort level with impersonating Gabi or Dr. Laura (with whom she only shared a few quick scenes well over a year ago.) Why did Ron think the personalities shouldn't be completely unique? We can and will compare these alternate identities to the characters who share their names and have expectations for how authentic those personalities should be. And sadly, because of their lack of presence on the show (Laura) or crappy writing (Gabi) I really don't even know what these characters' voices sound like beyond the most superficial things. If I was impersonating Laura I would be all breathy and talk slowly and give a crazy smile every once in awhile - at least that's how she acted in the 90s. As for Gabi I might maybe speak a little bit faster - which would probably be insulting to the Mexicans watching the show - and wear a tight dress that exposes my midriff. Why should we be entertained by seeing Abigail do either of those things? And where else is there for Marci to go? Point being, if her other personalities were named Magda and Liz, at least Marci could come up with something unique. This just feels like setting her up for failure. (And there's no way Kate could have attempted this successfully either).

I'm just baffled by this whole thing. Abigail was a narcissistic person with a cheating streak and pyromaniac tendencies brought on by PTSD. Is that not enough to work with, Ron?

... on an entirely separate note, Hope is remarrying and Shawn D can't make the trip? Last time, the groom tried to kill his bride. I think that would be motivation enough for any son to want to be present for the next wedding.

As much as I don't hate the Doug's Place rebranding - great job on the font for the sign, show - I am sick to death of people getting married there. Could Club TBD/Doug's Place please be off limits for all future nuptials? I get that Julie wants to host, but enough is enough already.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 12

i don't like hope but my god, they are never going to let her find love again are they? wow.

i don't believe in keeping the cheating a secret but maybe clair should have anonymously sent her grandma a note or something.  and I hated the wedding suit she was wearing.

lani makes me sick with her lying to j.j. who is going to be ready to hang himself when the truth come out.

julie was all gung ho on rafe (until today) but she was ok with hating his sister for killing her worthless nephew and hoping she goes back to jail. and even so, i'm enjoying most of it!  

• Love 6

Shallow comments: Everyone looked lovely today, except the bride.  I thought Hope's suit was rather boring and her hair looked limp.  I thought Jennifer's dress was great with the jewelry piece hanging down the back.  I liked Gabi's dress, at least it wasn't too tight or too short.  I really liked the color of Julie's dress.  And Lani's dress was pretty, but she did not look pregnant at all.  Claire's dress was pretty but too pale against her already pale skin.   Yes, Hope needs to know the truth, but she did not need to have it blurted out to her by her overly-hyped up Grand-daughter in front of all the guests.  But, I guess it's more Dramatic this way :)

• Love 4