Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I love Charles Shaughnessy but I feel this way too.  It seems  like he is suppressing the urge to giggle in his scenes.

Thank goodness! I starting to wonder if I'm hyper-critical these days to the point of being an unpleasant contributor here. Relieved I'm not the only one seeing these problems.

This pretty actress is so wasted on DOOL.

You just made me laugh a tiny bit there ;)

(Full disclosure - I think she's awful).

This whole thing is even more disgusting when you think about what's going on in the world regarding law enforcement shooting unarmed people. 

I can deal with this show existing in its own reality, but to miss out on good storytelling opportunities is unforgivable. If they could make something as far-fetched as astral projection goggles compelling in the mid-nineties, they can certainly make Hope's descent into vigilantism compelling too. If only they wanted to.

• Love 2

Theresa was way more entertaining and fun when she was a bad girl.  Jen Lilley was excellent, and gave it her all no matter how horrible the writing was.  Why TIIC decided to saddle Theresa with blockhead Brady I do not know.

Hope's SL continues to be stupid.  I don't care that she killed Stefano.  I was glad when Marlena put Stefano in a coma in 2008, and wish he had stayed there.  I have no interest in watching Hope and her enablers whine about, well pretty much everything.

One of the things I loved about Sami, Kate, and Gabi tossing Nick in the river, and Nick eventually being dead dead (at least for now), was Kate not giving a damn and being all problem solved we can move on now.

I liked when Sami told EJ she wished the bullet she put in his head had killed him because she was tired of dealing with him.  If the writers are going to take the characters down these paths, at least have them own it.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

Am I supposed to be on the Horton side with Hope? I'm just not. I mean Stefano was way past his prime as the super villain but I just cannot be Team Hope on this. It could be about its Rafe's involvement in this story. I was happy to see Shawn though. 

Blanca is still here? I really wanted to like Dario but he's been stuck with terrible storylines. At least to me. I did enjoy his scenes when he was with Nicole. 

No Chad in the tiny Salem courtroom? He might magically be there tomorrow. Don't really want to get invested in Chad/Gabi since Abigail is back. 

• Love 5

It did make me laugh that the show was working so hard to justify Hope's shooting Stefano in cold blood--he drover her to IT!!!!  Or maybe Hope just wanted revenge because she thought he was behind Bo's kidnapping.

I was kind of surprised to see Bianca still on the show and now she's hanging out with Dario--still don't care :)

I did kind of love Julie's throwing shade at Adrienne for having something positive to say about Justin--the woman is incapable of NOT saying something bitchy.

• Love 4

Nothing really important happened in Salem today.

Must be some really good court system there in that folks get their case settled pretty much within a couple of days.  Here, the court system is backlogged and some cases are dropped before getting there - too much time has elapsed.

No investigation, no anything. No police Internal Affairs or serious incident response team investigation. Just a penalty of a few Hail Stefanos. It is doubtful that Hope will get the death penalty - she can sit on death row for years! And work her way through the system.  Did Stefano deserve to be murdered in such a cheap manner? Nope.  Send her to Eur-ope for a while.

Yes, Bianca/Blanca, your boyfriend Dario is shady.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I was kind of surprised to see Bianca still on the show and now she's hanging out with Dario--still don't care :)

Guess what?  I do.  I like Blanca (not Bianca).  I like that they've actually introduced her slowly, something that hasn't been done with a new character in such a long time.  I like that she's helped beef up the hospital set, as well.

I just wish she weren't with Dario.

Did Doug play his ukulele in court?  Did Jen slap the judge?  Did Deimos interrupt the hearing and DEMAND to know where Chloe is?  Did the entire courtroom have flashbacks of Saint Dan?  

What about Victor, did he call the judge/bystander/court reporter/ANYONE a slut?  Did Brady punch someone?  At least tell me Philip did another of his Betty White impersonations.  What about Roman, did his dentures slip?

And Rafe....Did he at least pout and sneer?

Another day in paradise.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Michel said:

Guess what?  I do.  I like Blanca (not Bianca).  I like that they've actually introduced her slowly, something that hasn't been done with a new character in such a long time.  I like that she's helped beef up the hospital set, as well.

I just wish she weren't with Dario.

I guess you're still working on ignoring posts you don't like?  I kid, I kid :):)

Seriously, I truly thought the character's name was Bianca, that's how much I was paying attention.  WOO HOO!!

• Love 3

I thought it was Bianca for awhile, too, and that Blanca was a euphemism.  :-)  She's one of many characters that have suffered from poor pacing and changing writer whims.  And with the way characters come and go on this show without much of an explanation (if any) it's easy to lose track.

• Love 3

Hey Justin, maybe you should mention that Hope went to the mansion without a gun, and that Stefano told her to use the one in the drawer on him. That might kind of cancel out the whole "premeditated murder" angle...

Dear Show - Theresa's OD would have been the perfect cover for her to leave town!!! Hello!?!

Oh goodie it's Nicole with Tate. Why don't they just call Nicole Stepmom already and get it over with....

*grumble grumble*

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6

I'm confused as to why Chad apparently thinks of Hope as family. When did this happen?

The only person in that courtroom that I might be willing to give a pass to is Ciara and Shawn, since Hope is their mother. The rest of them need to shut the entire fuck up, Hope is a MURDERER. Not only that, she let someone go to prison for a crime she committed. If the good people of Salem have no problem with Hope murdering Stefano, fine, but they don't get to scream about how it's unfair that the legal system did its job and is sending her ass to prison. Too bad Rafe isn't being sent to prison as well. Also, her claim of having PTSD might be more credible if she had come forward immediately instead of covering it up. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hey Justin, maybe you should mention that Hope went to the mansion without a gun, and that Stefano told her to use the one in the drawer on him. That might kind of cancel out the whole "premeditated murder" angle...

Dear Show - Theresa's OD would have been the perfect cover for her to leave town!!! Hello!?!

Oh goodie it's Nicole with Tate. Why don't they just call Nicole Stepmom already and get it over with....

*grumble grumble*

I also thought Victor was coming up with a plan to help Theresa get away from Mateo--what the heck show?

I have to admit to loving Andre and Chad's testimony because like it or not, Hope shot  Stefano, a frail older man in a wheelchair--there's nothing heroic about that.

• Love 5

To Leftphalange:

I believe Chad thought of Hope as family because Chad was married to Abigail who have ties to the Hortons.  Isn't Hope a horton? (I could be wrong maybe because I haven't  watch this Show for years and years like other people.)

What Hope did was wrong in murdering Stefano.  She pretty much deserve the sentence she got.  It would be highly unrealistic for all her family and friends to just nod quietly and file out of the courtroom without expressing anger or outrage at Hope's sentencing.  Everyone knows how evil Stefano DiMera was and that he probably goaded her so much she went crazy and shot him to death.  What Hope did was wrong but I'm sure her friends and family don't care concerning she took out what they feel was a very evil old man.

• Love 2

I'm still hating what's going on with Hope, especially since it's mostly all Rafe's fault.  Ok, the writers, but if we forget about them, it's Rafe's fault. And Roman's.  If she'd just confessed, like she wanted to, she likely would have ended up at Shady Hills for a while. But no, her hero had to come to her rescue and make everything worse. And Roman had to go along with it.  Yet Hope's the only one going to jail.

Obviously Hope won't be behind bars till 2041, so either she gets out on a Gabi-like technicality, or the Phoenix is going to rise yet again.  Did anyone ever find his body after the explosion that flattened the building?

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 2

They spoke of the body being identified...or rather "the remains". I distinctly paid attention to those details, thinking the writers would too.

Speaking of which, I wonder whether the previous team considered the Stefano murder wrapped after Hope's vision quest at Horton Cabin in May. Would we even have gotten a trial for Hope at all, if not for Dena?

• Love 2

I don't know why but I'm still feeling nothing but joy at Hope's impending jail term. It won't be long, we all know that so I'm going to enjoy it all. All those sanctimonious and hypocritical Brady/ Horton clan yelling after Hope's sentencing....please! As LeftPhalange said, Ciara and Shawn because that's their mom. The others: no thanks. Hey Julie, the next time you are sneering at Gabi because she killed Nick, remember you wanted Hope to get off for murder too! 

Theresa's exit story is awful. They had how long to come up with something and this was it. I'd hate to see the other ideas. Jen Lilley is great though! She's trying to make this work. 

• Love 6

Hope shot someone, killed someone, and then hid the body under a soon to be demolished building and framed another person for the crime (when the remains were found). Yes, a bouquet of roses may be an appropriate gesture for her, but she broke the law. You can't have gun-happy cops running around. She is also not the holiest of Horton and she and Abs may be duking it out for bragging rights. Andre may help her out due to his boredom of the dull Salem life.

Don't know why Theresa simply couldn't have gotten a job offer from some design house in Paris and moved there.

• Love 3
On 2016-11-15 at 3:08 PM, gazebo said:

Nice to see Brandon Beemer back again.  Why they ever fired him from the Show I'll never know.

I'm gonna say because he's really terrible? I thought his scene with Hope in the police station was pretty lifeless. Granted, the writing's not supporting him, but even so, I thought he did a poor job of acting like his mother could be going to prison for the rest of her life.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

I don't know why but I'm still feeling nothing but joy at Hope's impending jail term. It won't be long, we all know that so I'm going to enjoy it all. All those sanctimonious and hypocritical Brady/ Horton clan yelling after Hope's sentencing....please! As LeftPhalange said, Ciara and Shawn because that's their mom. The others: no thanks. Hey Julie, the next time you are sneering at Gabi because she killed Nick, remember you wanted Hope to get off for murder too! 

Theresa's exit story is awful. They had how long to come up with something and this was it. I'd hate to see the other ideas. Jen Lilley is great though! She's trying to make this work. 

I second all of this. The comment about Julie is spot on. In Julie's world, murder is only bad when the victim is a Horton. The fact is that Hope went to Stefano's without any solid evidence and confronted him. Hope picked up the gun. Hope shot Stefano. Hope deserves to be sentenced. End of story.

• Love 4

Not the biggest JL fan but I think she is a talented actress.

Why the hell is Abigail hiding behind the chair and not showing herself to her brother. Dumb writing. She really looks like a young Sissy Spacek. If I didn't know better I would think she is her daughter.

• Love 1

I can't tell if Phillip told Chloe not to trust Nicole because he's mad she agreed with Deimos about Brady being the heir or if he legit doesn't think Chloe should trust her. Honestly, I'm probably supposed to feel sympathy for Nicole and root for her, but I don't. One, this stupid baby shouldn't even exist, and two, Deimos has made her so unlikable to me. 

I actually tried to watch the Failure/Jen scenes with an open mind and I still found them underwhelming. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I liked Nicole and Deimos at first, when she was suspicious of him and he was nice to her.  But now he treats her no better than Daniel did, and she's basically his doormat.  No thanks, show.

She's once again acting desperate. The last thing she needs is a baby, especially if she's going to let Deimos get near him/her. 

• Love 2

I pretty much only watched the Jennifer/Abigail scenes today, and I didn't hate nu-Abigail.  So that's a plus for the actress, since I hated old-Abigail from the beginning. Course the first I saw of Abigail she was pretending to be Sami's bestie and helping plan her wedding, while Sami knew all about Abigail sleeping with EJ. So not much chance to get a good first impression of the character.

• Love 1

Sure, JJ, tell Chad you cheated on Gabi. They're kinda emotionally involved and she is the pot calling the kettle black. Must mean that the lady involved may be making an appearance.

What if Nicole doesn't want Saint Daniel's kid? Having to face his memory for all the days of her life. Nikki, choose yourself for a bit. Daniel doormat. Deimos doormat. Still DD.

Theresa, you realize that Brady is really too stupid to figure things out.

Didn't see the need for Jen to faint at seeing Abs. No one is really dead-dead in Salem for a long time.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, shesajar said:

So, I've missed the last several weeks worth of shows. I'm planning on catching up w/this week's episodes tonight, but can someone fill me in on what the hell is going on with Theresa?

Well.... Jen Lilly wanted to leave the show, so the writers had to find a way to write Theresa out of the show.  So they came up with this story of a drug lord guy from Mexico that Theresa dated when she was 19. The guy shows up in Salem, or maybe just called her (I've missed some shows) and wanted her back.  She was afraid to tell Brady what was going on as she was scared Brady would confront the guy and end up dead. Theresa asked Victor for help, but Victor said drug guy was too dangerous even for him to deal with. So Theresa decided, with input from Shane and Kimberly, that she would leave Brady and go live with this drug lord until she found enough dirt on him to have him arrested and convicted.  So Theresa started drinking and doing drugs.  And telling Brady she didn't love him.

Think that about brings you up to this week's episodes.

• Love 4

I think Steve forgot to put on his bolo tie today. 

Mary Beth Evans, Stephen Nichols, and Judi Evans are just delicious together! And everyone kissed on the lips! 

Edited by Revlonred
  • Love 3

I am in shock at today's show:  Victor was not only nice to Theresa, he told her that he was proud of her and of what she was doing to protect Brady and Tate.  He then hugged her, told her she would always be family and to hurry back.  It was damn gorgeous and JL and JA brought it--excellent work :)

I did like the sibling moment between Adrienne and Steve and the mention of Jack but I question why a mature adult woman who has been married before is wearing a lacy white wedding dress--in looked rather inappropriate.

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, shesajar said:

Oh, Sweet Jesus, that's ridiculous. I mean, I expect ridiculous, but still.... I'm kind of glad I missed all of that. 
Thanks for the fill in!

It's highly ridiculous and very poorly written -as if TPTB only had a day or two to come up with an exit story instead of months.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

It's highly ridiculous and very poorly written -as if TPTB only had a day or two to come up with an exit story instead of months.

And Kim and Shane aren't selling it at all.  (Still love them though! Must say that because I do.)

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Revlonred said:

And Kim and Shane aren't selling it at all.  (Still love them though! Must say that because I do.)

This is probably going to be a very unpopular opinion, but I've been snorting with laughter every time Kim is on.  Her facial expressions are hilarious and what they've done to her hair doesn't help.  She looks like she's playing Lucille Ball in a Lifetime movie.

I haven't seen today's show yet but don't know how I'll keep watching without Theresa.  There are very few root-able characters left.  I don't even like Nicole anymore because she's back to being pathetic.  For awhile there she was great but Deimos has changed her.  And for that matter, they ruined Deimos too.

One thing I will say is NuAbby is not getting on my nerves yet because she's not Kate Mansi.  I wish they would have made NuAbby a little bit psycho and had her return from the "dead" like Kimberly from Melrose Place. Then she could have played it like she was sane but started doing all sorts of nefarious things behind everyone's backs.  Man, it's sad when my standard for good soaps is Melrose Place.

Edited by Polaris
  • Love 5

Well Marstoff just got me misty.

I gotta say I'm not liking this exit storyline one bit because it didn't have enough time to develop. I think the narrative structure is there and it could have worked if it wasn't so rushed and it made a bit more sense. I still don't believe for a damn second that Victor Kiriakis couldn't do something. That kind of tainted his goodbye speech today.

If Caroline, John and Theresa were all going to have to be off canvas for a while, maybe they should have written them off together. Maybe they should have reshot Orpheus's scenes so that he could have been the one responsible for all three going bye bye...with the audience not knowing who is really dead.

I guess we'll be debating this one for a long time. There were obviously a lot of other options but I do think that what we got was at least well performed. And there was a long overdue reference to how Kristen snatched Tate from Theresa's body, which I appreciated.

I am severely going to miss Theresa so I think I'm out of the show and taking a long break, probably until *insert spoiler name here* gets back.

If anything, this almost feels like the beginning of a storyline with Theresa and Mateo going off to Mexico and her desperately trying to keep him at bay while digging up dirt. That's a storyline I would have enjoyed watching play out.

I don't know if Mateo is staying around but I think if he were to still remain on screen, it would completely undermine the whole concept. But then, I don't know how we're supposed to believe that Shane would stay in Salem either while Theresa is potentially being raped in Mexico.

And she didn't even get a scene with ISA agents training her on how to respond and what information to look for!

Why are there always so many story beats skipped on this show???

*sigh*

The rest of the stuff today was pretty good. Judi Evans looked beautiful in that dress, and I don't care one bit that it might not have been appropriate given that she was already married once before. She looked radiant and I really appreciated seeing a flashback of her and Justin in their heyday. I think I can see now why they were so popular then. (random, but..did Judi get a nose job at some point?)

Sonny is completely two-faced for pushing his father towards making a play for Adrianne while at the same time standing up next to Lucas as his best man. He even nodded when Justin burst in! Dude: your Dad cheated on your Mom and had almost two years to do something about her relationship with Lucas. And didn't she already dump Lucas once to try again with Justin only to realize it wasn't going to work out? Let It Go! I am so, so over Sonny and his plastic smile.

Thank goodness for the Steve, Kayla and Adrianne scenes which were absolutely beautiful, completely believable and had some of that classic soap opera spark to them. I really love it when they feature families having simple moments.

I laughed at Philip ranting at the start of the episode. He really is annoying and deserves to be told to shut up on a constant basis.

I also loved Kate being a complete witch towards Lucas because Lauren can play it so well and there was some nice nods to history. Her playing a game on her phone at the church was also hilarious. We need more humor like that.

And isn't it super, super tacky of JJ, Julie and Jennifer to skip out on Adrianne's wedding after she showed up and cheered for Abigail on her wedding day? Come to think of it, why wasn't Chad making an appearance, considering all the time this couple has spent safeguarding his son?

I don't care about the Jade and Joey storyline, but I continue to hope that the show at some point gives this poor actress material worthy of her talents.

Okay guys, I'll be popping in from time to time and I wish you all the best getting through this mess as it continues to unfold. I'm sure I'll catch an episode here or there so I won't be gone forever :) BE STRONG!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

The guy shows up in Salem, or maybe just called her (I've missed some shows) and wanted her back.

Blanca's ex-boyfriend, Guillermo, showed up and wanted her back. Guillermo is an associate of the drug dealer Mateo, and he ran into Theresa in Horton Square and called Mateo to tell him where she was.

Kate is awful. I despise this Adrienne/Lucas pairing and agree that she will leave him for Justin one way or another, but still. She's his damn mother. She could at least pretend to be supportive. 

The Hortons are trash for not supporting Lucas.

Fuck Sonny for standing up As Lucas' best man after encouraging Justin to make a move on the woman he's about to marry.

If Theresa's"mission" is only supposed to be short term how are they going to explain why she doesn't come back and abandons her child?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Polaris said:

This is probably going to be a very unpopular opinion, but I've been snorting with laughter every time Kim is on.  Her facial expressions are hilarious and what they've done to her hair doesn't help.  She looks like she's playing Lucille Ball in a Lifetime movie.

I'll join you at the unpopular table.  Now I've only watched a scene or two here and there because I'm boycotting the awful exit story TIIC came up with for JL, but it was enough.  PP/Kim really was making the most ridiculous facial expressions ... and that hair color and cut are not flattering. 

So I take it this was Jen Lilley's last day?  I'm going to miss her (and her and Anne's friendship). 

• Love 6

I had to laugh at Kate talking about Lucas's father not coming for the wedding.  He hasn't been on the show in what, thirty years now?

Shane, Kim and Theresa hang out at the pub but we never see them interacting with Caroline.

I don't want to see Victor mellowing.

Man, I used to like Jade.

Steve's something blue... I dunno.  :)

Nice to see Steve and Adrienne actually in some scenes together.

Freddie looks like he's lost weight.

Wow, Brady really got me there at the end.

• Love 1