Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Wouldn't the Salem PD ask for help from the ISA/Interpol/Chicago's tactical/sniper unit? Jump St. JJ is just a rookie beat cop. A bit out of his league going after the TerribleTrio. Theo should consider a career as a cop, maybe. However, the autism may be a problem for doing so. JJ and Steve did what the force did not do.

I too liked the Marlena/Nicole/Victor scenes. Nice to see Nicole not treated like trash. At least for five minutes.

If the power is out, does Caroline have a generator to supply the power to make all the food? You'd keep the fridge and freezer closed so the food won't spoil for a few days - I think it's 48-72 hours max before you throw it out. Does she use a gas stove? A barbecue?

Orpheus, you have been in jail for a while. Technology has advanced. John could have buddies who are hackers or computer savvy to help him out and slow you down in collecting the $20 million. Maybe all three of you will kill each other or you will dispose of Clyde and Xander. Both are sloppy and impulsive and emotional.

Joey's out of this problem. He still faces tough times ahead with Jade. He probably will wish he would have stayed prisoner.

Would be great if Marlena's profiles would help save the day. Nah.

• Love 4
On 2016-10-04 at 4:58 PM, Silver Raven said:

Sonny is pretty naïve. And of course Chad stabs him in the back.

I haven't been paying attention: what is it that Chad's supposed to have done to "move in on Kiriakis territory" and betray Sonny? I mean, what in the actual what? This doesn't sound like either of them is acting in character; Sonny's suddenly mobbed up and Chad's acting like a douchenozzle? The writers already tried making Chad a cold "It's only business" competitor with Sonny; it didn't work. I've already ranted and raved plenty about how "going dark" (more or less spontaneously changing one's entire character overnight) doesn't really strike me as realistic (or even that interesting) so I won't rehearse that again. But why do I care about either Chad or Sonny if they're both behaving like immature jerks? Also, get away, Sparkle. They'll only start playing Sonny's Generic Gay Love Theme again, and it makes me kvetch.

I agree that James Read deserves better scripts. The other two Stooges, honestly? Haven't impressed me.

Is Theo supposed to be no longer autistic? He seems pretty okay with being hugged and other physical demonstrations of affection, which seems, well, unrealistic, to put it mildly.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 3:39 PM, mj2000 said:

Are we all to quickly forget that Paul was what came in between WilSon? To me, pairing Sonny and Paul is a slap in the face!

Will was what came between Will and Sonny, IMO, with his cheating, including his tryst in LA.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I don't believe Real Kate would allow herself to be seen with Andre, especially not after taking up with that Clyde trash. 

Exactly, since he terrorized the town in 2007, he scared the hell out of her, at the Brady pub...They have ruined Kate, it is actually very pathetic.

• Love 4

I don't think the DiMera Mansion being the safest place in Salem helped Stefano that much.

Gee, Deimos and Nicole, maybe you could have moved your little sex session out of the bedroom in a house FULL of people?

Heh.  I loved Theresa's "I got a second wind."

Aw, Andre looked sad that Chad kicked him out.  :)

I don't understand why Adrienne and Lucas were "out" when Steve and Kayla showed up.  Lucas had been on earlier, he, at least, could have ben there.

They should have Andre walk in on Chad holding Thomas and have the baby burst into tears at the sight of him.

A lot of talk, but not much happened today.

• Love 6

Nothing really important, or all that much, as said by Silver Raven, happened today. Deimos and Nicole could have found somewhere more private in the gigantic mansion. At least she's moving on.

Marlena's profiles? LOL. Well, maybe they will help. Just find a way to pay some ransom or lure the convicts to somewhere and jump 'em.

Brady can't hire a nanny to help out Theresa or stop being one of the 'big men' of the Kiriakis dynasty and let her sleep and *he* babysits his son?

Joey, see if Grandma Caroline has a root cellar and maybe hide it in for a while.

• Love 4

I'm liking that everyone is working together to do something about Orpheus, Clyde and Xander.  I wouldn't wait around for the incompetent, corrupt SPD to catch them, either. 

Joey was actually decent again today, too, and had some smart insights to add to the discussion.  It's a damn shame what JG did to the character.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
Because Salem is not Port Charles
  • Love 6

I think my biggest problem with the three convicts, is that it all feels so plot pointy and OTT. I do feel for Xander in spite of myself, because I know what a big douche Victor is. No-how he turned out is not ALL on Victor. But that boy would've cut off his right arm to please Vic, who treats him like something he scraped off his shoe. It's sad.

Someone needs to lend Joey a comb. The babies playing Thomas are little jellybeans, so cute. Was nice seeing Lucas for one scene.  Oh, and I like Chad and Kate's relationship. I would rather she had that kind of airtime with one of her kids, but I'll take what I can get. I kind of feel sorry for Clyde and Orpheus, too. I don't know if I'm supposed to-but it's easy to do so when so many of the Salemites are so unbearably self righteous. The actor playing Theo has been doing a decent job with the material given to him, I enjoyed his scenes last week.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I think my biggest problem with the three convicts, is that it all feels so plot pointy and OTT.

I doubt anything that's happened during this convict story will having any lasting impact. A week later people will have moved on with their lives aka to the next plot.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I doubt anything that's happened during this convict story will having any lasting impact. A week later people will have moved on with their lives aka to the next plot.

Yes they will...but at this point, what plot? They need to start setting some things up, because otherwise, once the convicts are gone, other than the brewing DiMera/Kiriakis thing, the show won't have much if any conflict going for it.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Yes they will...but at this point, what plot? They need to start setting some things up, because otherwise, once the convicts are gone, other than the brewing DiMera/Kiriakis thing, the show won't have much if any conflict going for it.

This is Dena.  Just like Erika Slezak said,  in her infamous smackdown of Dena, she only knows how to write events and does not know how to write interesting stories.. She only writes for characters that she likes and that nobody cares about, yes, I am looking at you, Rafe...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

I wish TPTB would treat BD better and give Lucas more screen time and a real love interest. 

Fuck Andre.

I agree with both of these sentiments.

I do wonder who Andre is conspiring with on the phone.  The people who have Abigail?

No, Chad, Adrienne and Lucas are not the only people Thomas has.  As Adrienne mentioned, he has Jennifer and AJ, and the entire Horton clan.

Aw, Gabi trying to get people together.  :) Does Gabi know Deimos?  I love her calling him a crackpot.

I thought Clyde knew everybody in Salem.  He doesn't know Andre?

I like Adrienne's hair today.

Well, not surprised that Andre wants Chad dead.

If the police don't want anybody on the streets, why is the pub full of people?

And where are the FBI, if an entire American town is living in fear?

Wow, Aiden, racist much?  Calling Rafe "Papi"?

• Love 4

I'm probably the only one who feels this way, but I had no issue with Hope getting rid of that plague called Stefano and I wouldn't mind seeing her bump off Aiden.  I liked that character until they destroyed him beyond repair.  He needs to go.  

I'm not much of a Hope fan, and if using her to off these tired characters gets rid of the excess weight, I'm OK with it.  If she'd like to try her hand at blowing away Clyde and Xander, that'd be fine too.

Edited by Polaris
  • Love 4

Andre should have stayed dead.  His ending in 2007 was the perfect end for him.  Stefano should have stayed in that coma Marlena put him in in 2008.  And while I'm at it, Lucas/Sami should be married, all four of Sami's children should be Lucas', Will should be alive, and I want a million dollars for Christmas.

I don't care if anyone kills Orpheus, Clyde or Xander, and there aren't to many characters left in Salem whose death would bother me if Orpheus, Clyde or Xander killed them.  That's the problem with having all the characters be sociopaths, boring, or to stupid to live.

• Love 4

Clyde, your hillbilly butt should get a big hint that Andre isn't who he says he is. Listen, but find something called a search engine and look him up. He's only in this for himself. Watch your back.

Surprised that the town can be at Caroline's restaurant. She must have a huge fridge and freezer, fully stocked.

I did like people pulling together and getting past themselves - Chad/Sonny. So far, Chad has been a decent human being - wanting to help without much self-interest.

Aiden continues to become unlikeable and right now is a walking target - for someone. No one will really notice if he packs up and moves to 'Oregon'.  Unless Chase says anything.

Jennifer still looked very washed out.

• Love 2

I just finished watching Monday's episode and picked up on some of Dena Higley's subtle bread crumbs about where Brady and Nicole are heading...him walking in on her having to cover up? Theresa acting a bit spazzed out and all over the place and unlikable? Brady having to reassure her that she is a good person? Why do I get the sneaky suspicion that before Theresa leaves she's going to get trashed pretty royally so Nicole can finally fulfill her dream fantasy sequence from last January and hop back into Brady's bed? And just to make it extra disappointing let's get Deimos all wrapped up in that too...

I'm not saying that they don't have chemistry, but it just really irks me that one actress isn't off the show yet and Dena's already itching to bring her replacement in. Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but I can't help but feel that somehow Nicole is going to come out smelling like roses as the new Damsel in Distress while Theresa will be thrown under the bus and left with nothing.

And the other thing is I kind of like that Theresa isn't an entirely good person. I think Jen Lilley made that very entertaining and I was disappointed to see her become someone so desperate for acceptance. Putting John in a coma was definitely a low point, but I would like to see her continue on as Kate did to become a formidable, likeable and decidedly grey character.

I found Marlena's Nashville fringe very distracting. Who wears that kind of coat while formulating a renegade plan to presumably murder three convicts? And why haven't we had a single scene with Marlena and Roman discussing Orpheus if he's so much a part of the legacy of that story line?

If they were smart they would have written Roman out with this storyline. I can't think of any other villain who would be as menacing as Orpheus is being right now. I guess the showrunners wants to keep Roman around until the very end, but he really hasn't served any purpose in years, especially not if his ex-wife Marlena believes his police department needs "help" catching criminals.

There could have been some really nice scenes with Roman dealing with the rioting and formulating plans and maybe talking things over with John, who I assume thought he was Roman back when all the Stockholm stuff was happening. But then, they could have also had Eric run into Orpheus in prison and alert Roman, which could have been an interesting beginning to the whole storyline.

Mostly, I was happy to see a different set used in Monday's episode....even if I think they used the same bedroom back when Theresa semi-seduced Brady into bed during the bicentennial. Or maybe it's just that I think the headboard looks awesome. That's a really awesome headboard.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

I thought Clyde knew everybody in Salem.  He doesn't know Andre?

I like Adrienne's hair today.

Well, not surprised that Andre wants Chad dead.

If the police don't want anybody on the streets, why is the pub full of people?

And where are the FBI, if an entire American town is living in fear?

Was Andre around the last time Clyde was in town on the regular? I don't think he was.

Judi Evans gets more lovely every year. She looked stunning yesterday-what a shame she is so wasted on this show.

I think Andre has something up his sleeve. Like, lure Clyde to the house, and "save" Chad from Clyde-thus ingratiating himself more with Chad, and getting in brownie points with others,  as well.

The whole town still going about their business is *hilarious*, and as far as no FBI-duh. The townies can't be heroes if the FBI shows up. But considering that Rafe used to be FBI(right?) it makes even less sense that the FBI is not involved.

As far as the above comments about Teresa-I still think she's going to at least be presumed dead, a casualty of the three convicts, or dead some other way.  Brady and Nicole-not sure. Eric is coming back, I kinda figured it would be Eric/Nicole/Deimos before Brady/Nicole/Deimos. Quite frankly, I mostly loathe love "triangles". They are rarely fair, and I almost always root for the man or woman who will end up being the loser. I'd rather pass, because if Eric is the third wheel, he's going to lose, and I've had enough of "miserable loser" Eric.

• Love 3

Ken Corday and the writers live to repeat dumb SLs over and over again so I wouldn't put anything past them.  However, Theresa/Jen Lilley is not one of the chosen favorites so I also won't be surprised if they give her a lousy exit SL, completely trash the character, and then only mention Theresa in order to say something bad about her.

I hate that Chad is going to be made into an idiot to further Andre's SL, plan, whatever, because NO ONE anywhere should believe or trust Andre ever.  He is a serial killer.  He's not a guy who made a mistake or broke some laws.  Andre is a murderer who enjoys killing.  It was bad enough when Stefano, Kristen, and EJ were walking around Salem free and clear.  Andre is a serial killer who tried to kill several people who still live in Salem.

• Love 3

Today's wedding was...cute? Look, I have always been Theresa fan but even I have to admit that her acting choices today felt a little too cute. But then, so did the dialogue. If the writers have given them less to say, they would have said more. Theresa has been a little too victim/princess-y as of late and I feel like it's completely disingenuous given how frank Theresa used to be.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but although I kind of liked the ceremony (did they sign the papers?) I didn't really love it. Why can't the writers keep characters consistent? We can't be expected to like them if they keep shifting even in subtle ways that don't make sense with what we previously knew of them.

At least the other storylines moved along well. Andre's shooting of Chad was clearly a fake-out to trap Clyde in the Panic Room, which I'm surprised they didn't show us before the end credits. And Xander is clearly being played by Deimos, but the whole Nicole as bait factor was fun.

And I clapped at Clyde's takedown of Failure. Bash away, Clyde!

• Love 5

Really, Nicole?  Take off all by yourself.  What could possibly go wrong?

Er, Andre, didn't you just find out in the last couple of years that Stefano was your father?

Brady and Theresa should have tracked down Marlena to marry them.

Wow, what a great bodyguard.

Hooray for Clyde smack talking Abigail.

Why would Xander care about a murder charge after already being in jail for two attempted murders?

Oh, no, Chad is dead!  Yeah, no.

Oh, jeez, Adrienne, shut up!

Wow, plot twist.  Does Deimos think Nicole will be interested in him after that?  Wow.

"There's always snapchat."  LOL

Now I'm beginning to think that all of this was staged. Andre, Chad, Adrienne and Lucas were working together to trap Clyde, and Deimos and Nicole were working together to trap Xander.

• Love 7

Yup.

But Xander was jailed on a rape charge, not for the attempted murderds, AFAIA.

Did we ever see Theresa file paperwork at the police station giving details of the attempted rape...? I don't remember it.

Shot through the heart-ish and Andre's to blame (channels Bon Jovi).

Is there some sort of three strikes/criminal charges and you're in jail for life rule in the US?

I thought almost everyone's part was staged. I almost bought that Andre would have a meeting of two serial killers' minds with Clyde. He has great knowledge of that area. Almost bought Deimos and Nicole until they were teaming up to get Xander. Why would you leave an expensive ring at a gravesite? People here steal the plastic flowers!

Maybe Chad DiMera will get a couple of Salem brownie points - at least for a couple of weeks.

Theresa and Brady were a bit too cute.

• Love 4

Wow, they finally brought in reinforcements from another town!

"Maybe if we both watch it, it will ring."

Kayla's still running around with a scarf on having just had surgery on her head, and yet she's cooking and waiting on Her Man.

Yeah, I knew it was an act.  :)

God, Aiden is annoying.

I love how the Three Amigos plot twisted.  That was good writing.

Er, Aiden, do you have anything in Clyde's jacket that actually proves HE did anything?

Wow, lots of bombs.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Kayla's still running around with a scarf on having just had surgery on her head, and yet she's cooking and waiting on Her Man.

I know the scarf is supposed to be there because of her surgery, however, when you can clearly see MBE's hair underneath, it becomes comical.

• Love 3

Andre almost seemed quite pleased with himself in being a hero, if only for a few minutes.

Clyde is right though. Andre is very much a crocodile. Chad, keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

Well-executed plan on everyone's end. The Salem Brain has been temporarily found!

Aiden, don't be creepy. Supplying Hope with a dress is all shades of wrong. You can't make someone love you.

Kayla's headscarf is annoying. We know there isn't any patch of shaved hair. Even with some other hair covering it.

Where did Orpheus get the money to get the bombs?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

And then he didn't even eat the sandwich she brought him, lol.

They need a new conversation. I'm so very done with the "I'm scared of the danger/if you had faith in me you wouldn't be scared" dance, especially because something about it is coming off very passive-aggressively.  Case in point Kayla referring to first kidnapping by Orpheus and how she believed in Steve back then -- nuh-uh.  She had every reason to believe he was dead and no hope of him rescuing her, which by the standards of the show today would make her a faithless harpy, I guess.  It's just absurd writing for people their age with their history.

• Love 4

This episode was ok but I could had did without seeing the teens (minus Theo) and Blanca (why this chick still around ?). 

The Ciara "joke" about answering the hospital fell terribly short.  Thankfully VJ isn't on much since the writing switch because her marginal acting has worn my patience thin all year. 

The only thing I did like was the Dario and Eddie scenes seems like they are moving foward.   Of course liked the Theo/Abe scenes (anytime Theo can get away from those two dull girls,  it's a win-win for me at least).   It was definitely good seeing Kate tone down her bitch routine and give Eddie advice.   

Again it wasn't a bad episode but decent.   Nice on a human emotion front but I was expecting more madness with multiple bombs going off. 

• Love 5

Kinda boring show today, though I did enjoy seeing all the different interactions between characters.  Like, who knew Joey knew Sonny and Paul.  

And I really enjoyed the Abe and Theo scenes. Abe plays the father role so well.

But, again, all the father/son scenes just exemplified the lack of mothers/daughters on the show.  Marlena has 3 daughters, if you count Carrie, and none in Salem.  Kayla, Kate and Adrienne only have sons in town.  Jennifer's daughter is dead.  Maggie's daughters are never mentioned, and her recently discovered daughter is gone.  Gabi's mother just left town again. Belle's mother left town.  Jade's mother has never been seen.  Is Hope/Ciara it for mothers/daughters, or am I forgetting someone.

• Love 5

Sonny is on his way to becoming FF material.

Blanca is still here, apparently. Why?

Theo really has the ability to make certain other characters seem less rancid when he's interacting with them. 

Please let Dario's daddy issues finally be over.

• Love 4

Jeez, the bombs keep going off.

Why would they blow up a dry cleaner?

Dammit, the scene of Sonny finding Paul was, once again, too dark.

Nice scenes between Dario and Eduardo. But I was kind of hoping Dario would die off.  Although I like Blanca, maybe he and Blanca can go off to Los Angeles together.

Kyler was his usual really good self today.

Kate should be the one who feels responsible, she brought Clyde to town.

• Love 2
On 10/5/2016 at 0:13 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Theresa and Brady as a couple, has never made any sense to me...They have no spark, no excitement, they don't bring the best out of each other...I don't understand why they are even together. Ejamie had more reasons to be together than Thrady. This relationship highlights Brady's idiocy. If Dena wants to break them up, she should go ahead and do it..Theresa had a nice spark with JJ, once upon a time..The show no longer creates couples naturally anymore...Couples are so random and nonsensical.....

Theresa and JJ?  Isn't there (supposed to be) like a 10 year age difference between them, with her being the elder?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lska said:

Caroline has a daughter in town, but you'd never know it.

Although they were heart-wrenching, some of the best acting last year was when Kayla was dealing with her mother's memory issues.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Hasn't Julie always been a pseudo-mother for Hope, instead of just a half-sister?

True. But Doug and Julie haven't really been in Hope's life much lately.

16 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Dammit, the scene of Sonny finding Paul was, once again, too dark.

Seriously. I couldn't see anything during that scene!

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 1

Not digging the teen scene.  They need to make two shows...one with adults, one with teens. Joey -- wish he'd just get lost for good.

What's up with Andre? Now he's a good guy?

I'm liking the Hope/Aiden storyline.  But then, I've never really liked Hope of the Quirky Eyebrow. She's so sanctimonious.

Chad...change the bloody shirt already.  And once he did....he was all bloody underneath,and didn't bother to clean himself off.

I said it before, I didn't like the whole "bombs going off, and the town panicking".  Too true to current events. Bad taste on the writers part.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Jeez, the bombs keep going off.

Why would they blow up a dry cleaner?

You know how it is.  They PROMISED to get the drool stains out of Clyde and Xander's lumberjack shirts and didn't.

Whatever will they wear to the wedding now??

• Love 4