Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Have Steve and Adrienne had one single scene together since Steve's return?

No, they have yet to have a meaningful conversation...Jack's grandson being born should have been the perfect time for them to discuss their beloved brother and their intention of being part of Thomas Jack's life..This show does not care about familial interactions or history...Even when Joey killed Ava and Steve lied and took the blame, Adrienne should have figured it out that it was really Joey and not Steve..It would be a callback to when Steve confessed to killing their dad  Duke, to protect Adrienne.. I won't even talk about Adrienne being tested for the Breast cancer gene and how that also affected Steve's descendants and Jack's as well..Stupid show!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
(edited)

Yup, Happytobehere. Exactly what you said.  And that story doesn't take a big budget; it takes thoughtful writing.  And actors to deliver, which, um, hello? SN and MBE would have knocked it out of the park.  Remember when soaps were great and returns from the dead were great?  Anyone remember Another World when Kathleen returned?  Cass was with Frankie and holy shit, the scene when Kathleen returned!  And then everything that followed.  Because he was truly in love with both of them.  (Even though my heart broke a little that in the end he didn't choose Kathleen.)  Point being, that is how you return from the dead.  And Steve was gone for so long.  Because he was a hit man with amnesia?  Barf.  And no.  THAT is what you give SN and MBE to work with???? 

36 minutes ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Have Steve and Adrienne had one single scene together since Steve's return?

And that is the problem.  That represents in a nutshell why the whole show sucks.  You have these actors, and you do nothing with them. You have this rich history and do nothing with it.  And I have no idea why VI wasn't a new character that could have been in Adrienne's orbit.  And do something with Wally Kurth, because he is precious.  They are all great, and old timers like me would have loved to see Beth and Lujack together, hehe, even if not endgame.  (And, Judi Evans can generate chemistry with wallpaper if needed.)

Edited by Revlonred
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

And their initial breakup earlier this year is still confusing to me. They were engaged and happy and then Kayla does a 180 and decides she can no longer deal with the danger that surrounds Steve.

I thought it was a bit choppy, but I saw groundwork for the breakup.  They stayed together after Ava because of the crisis with Joey, and spent that nostalgic night together before he was supposed to go to jail, even though things were rocky.  Then still carried away the next morning,  Kayla suggested running away as a family -- something that went against the ordered life she's been looking for.  But Steve pushed back and said that wasn't what she wanted, and the night before was them getting carried away.  So I think Kayla was frustrated before the hearing that their lives had them on such separate paths, and Steve's sacrifice for his family once again was going to take him away, but he was also rejecting a sacrifice that could keep them together.  I think that's one reason why she's pushing back on the danger -- part of the chaos she can't live with is Steve coming and going from her life, even if it's for noble reasons.

But the way the story is playing out, I don't think they're doing enough to bring out these themes that are there.

• Love 5

Add in that with the show's ridiculous nature of filming a freaking half year ahead, and some stories - which make no sense to begin with - already have the resolution in the sense that casting notices impact certain things currently on screen. So why the hell invest if/when you know Character X is out?

This is only an online issue as offliners wouldn't know but, to me, it is still a problem since - small or not - there is an online presence and most networks promote social media now.

• Love 9

Maybe it's just me, but isn't there something a LITTLE more challenging Steve could do? There must be something between spy and bartender?  Insurance adjuster?  UPS driver?  Meat cutter apprentice?

• Love 7

Maybe Basic Black can do both a real and fake leather collection. Steve can do some design and how leather can handle most life situations. He can also maybe work as a mechanic in a bike repair shop. Or manage one of John's companies.

• Love 4
(edited)

Steve can teach American Sign Language.  Or be a pool playing champion, or manage a loading dock.  He can also run an Emergency Center, as seen during the winter of 1986.  

Edited by Revlonred
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, lska said:

So I think Kayla was frustrated before the hearing that their lives had them on such separate paths, and Steve's sacrifice for his family once again was going to take him away, but he was also rejecting a sacrifice that could keep them together.  I think that's one reason why she's pushing back on the danger -- part of the chaos she can't live with is Steve coming and going from her life, even if it's for noble reasons.

But the way the story is playing out, I don't think they're doing enough to bring out these themes that are there.

Exactly, and this is actually consistent with original recipe Steve and Kayla.  Her issue really was Steve going off and leaving her, which he has a history of doing from the beginning of their relationship; whether it was because he was afraid to trust in her love or because he wanted to protect her.  And this makes even more sense given his "death," all Kayla had to go through before being reunited with him (the woman Nick was with, Billie, then Ava, then being together to have him dump her and Joey with no explanation, and Steve's refusal to acknowledge her when she reached out to him regarding things like sickness, etc).  This is why Kayla does not want Steve to walk away from Black-Patch and be miserable, she just wants him to opt to do something that wouldn't expose her to that level of pain again.  As a former ISA agent and a former member of the Salem PD and a Brady by marriage, can't Roman find something for him to do? How about Mayor Abe (if the show even remembers that he exists), given his past association with Steve and his now ignored close friendship with Kayla, can't he get Steve a job.  

I remember a time when Abe was also really close with Nicole, but that too seems to be forgotten by the show, and I don't wish to digress again, but it does prove the complaints so many of us have, no use of the rich histories and connections.  To really bring this home, I was talking to someone who started watching in late 2014/early 2015 and as of the beginning of July, when the whole Caroline the Son Whisperer plot got underway, she had no idea that Caroline and Kayla knew each other, much less that they are mother and daughter.  8-9 months of viewership and She.Had.No.Idea.Kayla.And.Caroline.Were.Related.

• Love 6

I know I sort of watched Friday's episode, but all I remember was Nicole and Parker at the Brady Pub and Theresa and Brady finding one of Tate's toys at the Salem Inn? I admit to not really paying attention as I was doing a little Sephora shopping at the time. Don't know if I will miss the show much during the Olympics. Maybe the show needs its own little Sharknado for a bit of erm, chomp-chomping.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe Basic Black can do both a real and fake leather collection. Steve can do some design and how leather can handle most life situations. He can also maybe work as a mechanic in a bike repair shop. Or manage one of John's companies.

Security/law enforcement consultant, freelance or for the Brady & Friends PD.

• Love 2

I haven't been watching much but I'm fast forwarding through a bunch to clear off the dvr.  Anyway...I'm on Friday and the Greek mob dude is seriously named George Popadopolis?  Like the dad on Webster?  

And I liked the old Parker better.

• Love 1

I tried to watch the show today but I quickly lost interest.  I can't with JPL and his ridiculously inappropriate hair and weird facial expressions, coupled that with Chloe's inability to blink and Belle's desperation to have Phillip's attention.  It's all so wrong and gross.

And am I right in that Hope is annoyed with Jenn because Jenn wants to use AIden as a cutthroat lawyer and not because Jenn has no business trying to take custody away from Chad?!  Holy crapasarious, does no one in Jennifer Horton's world tell her when she's acting batshit crazy??!!

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 7

Again, I have to ask what exactly has Chad done to make him so terrible he shouldn't be allowed to raise his son?  Compared to almost everyone else in Salem, not just the Dimeras, Chad is a saint.  Not only by soap standards is Chad fairly tame, but put him in the real world, and Chad still hasn't done anything to warrant losing custody.  Hope and Jennifer can join Brady on the to stupid to live bus.

• Love 9

Are we supposed to forget that Jennifer was once a Dimera by marriage....She is Chad's ex sister- in- law, who is now her son-in-law..What about her connection to Jack and Harlan Devereaux, a serial killer...Jennifer as a character is ruined beyond repair due to Saint Taniel, the patron saint of lecherous doctors....She needs to remember as a grandmother, she has no rights to Thomas over Chad his father...

• Love 8

STFU Hope. How about your murdering ass tell your worthless, demented, pill addicted, racoon "Cuz" that she has no business trying to take plot point baby away from Chad instead of whining about how she's wrong for hiring Aiden. I wonder if racoon Jen has asked herself what her precious daughter will think if she comes back and finds out what she's done. Also, I'm not sure why racoon thinks Aiden is capable of going up against a Dimeria lawyer. Him scheming with Andre doesn't prove he's ruthless in the courtroom. 

I don't understand how Chad drinking makes could possibly make him look unfit. It's not like he's an alcoholic.

Hope's current love life is worse than this Deimos/Chloe/Kate/Nicole mess and that time when Sami went back and forth between EJ/Lucas/Rafe. 

Belle continues to be worthless. Also, STFU Shawn. Phillip was minding his own business until your cheating nasty ex wife came over and started whining. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 7

Philip is funny because everyone craps all over him. I think the eye rolls and facial expressions are earned. Belle, aka his "One", jerks him around...her daughter will shortly get sick of carrying Chloe's coffee and want the spotlight...Chloe is carrying another man's baby...Shawn wants to punch him...Kate and Lucas never talk to him...Victor treats him like trash...yup, I think I can justify his personality now. He's fed up of all these people.

Tuned in today to distract myself from the everything else going on and thought it was a decent show. Sorry I missed Theresa and Brady, but liked seeing Claire willing to work her way up, and liked seeing Hope's kids looking after her (the kind of scenes we never get anymore).

Jennifer is Satan. I cannot wait for someone to drop her hard. Anne was always good at that.

Was Anne friends with Chloe before Theresa? I recall Anne and Chloe scheming to get Tan away from Jen, and Anne twisting the knife into Jennifer when Parker got ill and she and Tan were in Reno with Bristen. Hmmm...when exactly did Anne debut?

Wish we could get some Anne in the Tater Tot storyline...

Surprised Brady isn't craving a drink these days....

Hate that wardrobe on this show never varies. Jenn has back pain? High heels! Hope back from the hospital? Tight jeans! Theresa losing her mind over her missing son? Designer cocktail dress!

I totally wanted to see Hope in a snuggy today...

Deimos is stupid.

Liked seeing lawyer Aiden again. Wish he could stick around and the show would ignore all the recent writing.   

• Love 3

Wow, they acknowledged that Ciara and Claire are related!

Hooray for Hope calling Jennifer out for her motives.

I hate when men say they want to "protect" their woman.

Nice callback to Philip and Belle's history.

Er, Shawn, what Philip and Belle were talking about was, literally, his business.

• Love 4

I have no use for Shawn, Phillip or Belle, which is sad because they are all legacy characters, but it is amusing to see the trope of the man cheats and the woman he cheats with or cheats on gets blamed reversed in this instance with Belle being the cheater, but Phillip getting blamed.

At least when Sami was flip flopping between Rafe/Lucas/EJ, she had the good sense to say her divorce from Rafe had just been finalized, Lucas had just moved out, she felt like a ping pong ball, and needed time to get herself together before she jumped into anything else.  Unfortunately, the writers then proceeded to de-spine, de-fang, and de-brain Sami in one fell swope, and put her with EJ.

• Love 3

Ugh, Jennifer, stop being so horrible. So glad Hope saw through her -- I hope there's more to come and Hope or Rafe or EVERYONE lays into her about not just Aiden, but for pursuing this custody witch hunt in particular. Grrrrrr. I wish JJ would give her a the side eye over this whole thing

Spoiler

and I hope that Jack comes back this week to tell her to STFU.

So glad Ciara went home again (!). I find Claire adorable, and I'd like to see her in a light storyline -- like, maybe she becomes a little nosy or something and gets into a little trouble at Philips record label.  I bet she'd do well with some comedy. Maybe team up with Anne.

Disney yes, Anne did conspire with Chloe as well!! She's been around longer than I thought -- that was about Carly, wasn't it?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Are we supposed to forget that Jennifer was once a Dimera by marriage....She is Chad's ex sister- in- law, who is now her son-in-law..What about her connection to Jack and Harlan Devereaux, a serial killer...Jennifer as a character is ruined beyond repair due to Saint Taniel, the patron saint of lecherous doctors....She needs to remember as a grandmother, she has no rights to Thomas over Chad his father...

Harper. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jewlmc said:

Harper. 

Yes, it was a typo....Harper was a good villain and his reveal as the Riverfront knifer was awesome..He was a true misogynist..I was truly shocked by that at the time because there were no clues pointing him as the serial killer..He tried many times to kill Kayla, but was always failed...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Hope, Jennifer couldn't have brought you some soft yoga pants or loose sweats/jersey style leggings to wear home? Tight jeans would certainly pull on your newly removed spleen, since they hit the spot close to your 'soap' incision. Or you could have simply dashed upstairs for a minute to change in to a caftan or comfy jammies or whatever.

Jennifer, check your ego at the door or at the entrance to Horton Square. You have zero business filing for custody of your grandson. Stupid manufactured drama to get your own way or to stick it to a DiMera. Unfortunately, this DiMera has done nothing to you except marry your daughter and have a child with her. Unless a successful case drops on you from the sky, shut up and move along and focus on your own life. If you do get the kid, you will dump him on the octo-generians Doug and Julie.

Chloe, even though you are single and not dating anyone, you should still be responsible for some birth control. The show does not need another plot point baby. Claire, it's a good idea to go to college and sing/write music part-time. Unless you wish to devote your life to writing songs and singing and do the hard work most musicians do before becoming successful.

Phillip, please get a haircut.

• Love 7

Jennifer is a total piece of shit.   A hypocritical, entitled, selfish piece of shit. 

And worse, I don't think the writers understand that Jennifer is in the wrong here.  But then the last writers thought her lying, cheating asshole of a daughter was the sympathetic one wrt Sami, so I guess that qualifies as continuity!

I wish Jennifer and Hope would disappear on a Cuz-vacation for a good long while.  A two-week Olympic break isn't going to be enough time.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I wish Jennifer and Hope would disappear on a Cuz-vacation for a good long while.  A two-week Olympic break isn't going to be enough time.

I haven't been watching so I'm missing the latest character assassination of my fav Jennifer. Hope, however, is a lost cause (for me) at this point. I hate everything the character has done or had done to her since the night Bo returned. 

• Love 5

Even if racoon manages to get custody of plot point baby, one of two things will happen: (1) she will dump him off in boarding school like she did with JJ (and Failure?); or (2) she'll attempt to raise him and he'll grow up to be another Failure. 

• Love 4

I enjoyed today's episode because I liked seeing Brady, Maggie and Caroline being so supportive of Theresa and I especially liked how they all banded together against Victor in regards to Caroline's visions.  I know it's beyond cheesy but I like that Theresa and Brady are unafraid to go through any channel to find their son--even an unconventional one.  It also seems as though John is softening in his feelings for Theresa--maybe he can see how genuinely worried she is about Tate and how much Brady;s leaning on her in their time of need?

I like seeing Gabi and Sonny and their gorgeous selves being sibling-esque while holding their adorable blond child.  And I have no issues with Sonny referencing his and Ari's video chats because his time in Paris is exactly what I theorized--the man was grieving and had to remove himself from all things Salem and all things Will.  He never abandoned Ari and Gabi was completely in his corner and welcomed him back with open arms and which I liked seeing.

Not a bad episode :)

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

II like seeing Gabi and Sonny and their gorgeous selves being sibling-esque while holding their adorable blond child.  And I have no issues with Sonny referencing his and Ari's video chats because his time in Paris is exactly what I theorized--the man was grieving and had to remove himself from all things Salem and all things Will.  He never abandoned Ari and Gabi was completely in his corner and welcomed him back with open arms and which I liked seeing.

That's good to hear.  I never saw it as Sonny abandoning Ari, I saw it as Freddie Smith leaving the show and the character exiting the canvas, like so many have done before.  It doesn't mean they've abandoned their families.

• Love 4

Could Sonny seem any more perky discussing grieving over Will?

They're flirting on their first show together and I'm so over it.

Victor finally looks scared and I'm loving it.

Jen Lilley, you are great.

John and Marlena's maybe later wedding is not a priority right now.

• Love 4

So Victor is behind the kidnapping, and for some unknown reason, he has lost track of the kid..Why am I not surprise? Victor being involved somehow also makes perfect sense in bringing Kim/Shane back for a story arc instead of just a quick visit.. Caroline as always, is protecting him..She never once defended her daughters against that sleaze. She is keeping quiet about it...I remember her being sad about Victor possibly losing  Andrew, when Kim and Shane were going for custody...The bitch was such a downer in Kim/Shane's happiness, in finally getting him away from Victor..She has never truly reviled Victor for all  of his misdeeds against her children and grandchildren...

• Love 6

The Gabi/Ari/Sonny scenes were nice. Would have been great, though, if FS would've made some better acting choices during the Sonny/Sparkle scenes. Sonny's behavior seemed...off while talking about grieving his murdered husband. 

I wonder if Sonny will still be willing to do"anything, anything to protect my Uncle Vic" when he finds out he's behind Tate's kidnapping. Or if he somehow found out the real reason why he was stabbed.

SMH at Caroline. With grandmas like her who needs enemies. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

The Gabi/Ari/Sonny scenes were nice. Would have been great, though, if FS would've made some better acting choices during the Sonny/Sparkle scenes. Sonny's behavior seemed...off while talking about grieving his murdered husband. 

I wonder if Sonny will still be willing to do"anything, anything to protect my Uncle Vic" when he finds out he's behind Tate's kidnapping. Or if he somehow found out the real reason why he was stabbed.

SMH at Caroline. With grandmas like her who needs enemies. 

I think the show is going to make Sonny into a mini Victor....I think that he will be the only one to stand by him, when the truth about Tate is revealed...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think the show is going to make Sonny into a mini Victor....I think that he will be the only one to stand by him, when the truth about Tate is revealed...

Ooh, Apprentice, I've been thinking along those lines, too. I'd love to see Sonny played with ambiguity.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lastwaltz said:

Ooh, Apprentice, I've been thinking along those lines, too. I'd love to see Sonny played with ambiguity.

He should be more dynamic..He is a Johnson/kiriakis...None of his relatives on both sides of his family tree have ever been saints...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

So Victor is behind the kidnapping, and for some unknown reason, he has lost track of the kid..Why am I not surprise? Victor being involved somehow also makes perfect sense in bringing Kim/Shane back for a story arc instead of just a quick visit.. Caroline as always, is protecting him..She never once defended her daughters against that sleaze. She is keeping quiet about it...I remember her being sad about Victor possibly losing  Andrew, when Kim and Shane were going for custody...The bitch was such a downer in Kim/Shane's happiness, in finally getting him away from Victor..She has never truly reviled Victor for all  of his misdeeds against her children and grandchildren...

I couldn't agree more. I have never cared for Caroline because she has repeatedly been shown to be an awful person who is allowed to skate for her rotten behavior. She passed Bo off as Shawn's son and then had the nerve to play the victim when her dirt came to light. I will never forget Caroline's rationale or her behavior. She didn't say she made a mistake, realized she loved her husband and family and was afraid to lose them, rather she said she had small children and Shawn would have left her. So love of her husband and family had no impact on her, rather, it was her own inconvenience that drove her.  Caroline has never cared for her children as much as she cares for Victor, a man who has raped, tormented, kidnapped, framed for various crimes like murder, threatened to and tried to kill her daughters on multiple occasions.  She didn't even care when Victor tried to kill Bo. She didn't care that Victor was responsible for a death that he let his brother go to jail for, now this. None of Victor's evil deeds matter to her.  IMHO Caroline is one of the worst characters, but she is treated like some beloved Saint.

• Love 3

Yeah I couldn't quite grasp Gabbie's excitement over the news. At a certain point just stay divorced but together, or sign the paperwork and leave it simple.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

Did we know Adrienne visited Sonny in Paris?

"Middle aged" doesn't mean anything, hotel guy.  Give us an age range. Did the lady have an ID?

Why is Caroline wearing a sweater in the middle of summer?

Is Marlena going to object to Paul and Sonny?

What happened to Marlena and John's plans to be married at Wrigley Field?

Oh, dammit, Victor. And now Sonny has pledged to do anything to protect Victor?  Including covering up the kidnapping?

Why is it weird that Gabi is dating Sonny's cousin, when she used to be married to Will's cousin?

I loved John's reaction when Theresa hugged him.

I wonder if the cliffhanger for the Olympic break will be a revelation that Victor is involved in the kidnapping.

That book seemed a little old for Ariana.

• Love 2

I turned the tv on 20 minutes into the show today and ended up watching it to the end. I liked seeing the different interactions between characters. It felt a bit like the show did this time last year when thing were transitioning. 

• Love 3

Just caught up with yesterday's show; can I please have Chad/Belle? Pretty pretty please? Just lots of scenes with them, just being brutally honest and sharp and dynamic with one another? That would be AWESOME. I really liked the whole show; honorable mention to Hope/Jennifer scenes. And Jen/Aidan.

Belle/Chad is my new ice-cream ;D

Edited by CompltelySweet
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

2 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

I couldn't agree more. I have never cared for Caroline because she has repeatedly been shown to be an awful person who is allowed to skate for her rotten behavior. She passed Bo off as Shawn's son and then had the nerve to play the victim when her dirt came to light. I will never forget Caroline's rationale or her behavior. She didn't say she made a mistake, realized she loved her husband and family and was afraid to lose them, rather she said she had small children and Shawn would have left her. So love of her husband and family had no impact on her, rather, it was her own inconvenience that drove her.  Caroline has never cared for her children as much as she cares for Victor, a man who has raped, tormented, kidnapped, framed for various crimes like murder, threatened to and tried to kill her daughters on multiple occasions.  She didn't even care when Victor tried to kill Bo. She didn't care that Victor was responsible for a death that he let his brother go to jail for, now this. None of Victor's evil deeds matter to her.  IMHO Caroline is one of the worst characters, but she is treated like some beloved Saint.

Considering all this, and other things Brady relatives have done, why was Sami the BAD Brady all these years, and what was that idiocy about Theresa being just like Sami another BAD Brady?  Seems like there are plenty of BAD Bradys to go around.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Did we know Adrienne visited Sonny in Paris?

"Middle aged" doesn't mean anything, hotel guy.  Give us an age range. Did the lady have an ID?

Why is Caroline wearing a sweater in the middle of summer?

Is Marlena going to object to Paul and Sonny?

What happened to Marlena and John's plans to be married at Wrigley Field?

Oh, dammit, Victor. And now Sonny has pledged to do anything to protect Victor?  Including covering up the kidnapping?

Why is it weird that Gabi is dating Sonny's cousin, when she used to be married to Will's cousin?

I loved John's reaction when Theresa hugged him.

I wonder if the cliffhanger for the Olympic break will be a revelation that Victor is involved in the kidnapping.

That book seemed a little old for Ariana.

Of course not! Marlena loves everything and everyone that is connected to John, she will become their biggest cheerleader..She even compared Paulson to her relationship with John...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I think it's the writing -- the Sonny/Paul scenes were repetitive and unconvincing. I'm not sure Smith's choices could have altered the basic weaknesses of the story. I still don't get why the writers think Sonny owes Sparkle any explanations or apologies. Is this one of those times we're just supposed to forget how things actually happened in the very recent past? Sparkle was being very insistent about his feelings for Sonny and how he thought Sonny should give their relationship another chance (and that his dalliance with Will meant nothing) ... while Sonny was married. If Sonny chose to cut Sparkle out of his life and move to Paris, hey, maybe that's because Mr. Hey, Look, I'm Totally A Secret Agent And/Or A Private Detective Now, And No Longer A Recognizable Famous Athlete At All couldn't take "Non, merci" for an answer.

ETA: Then again, Smith's "Sometimes I think I'll never be ready for a relationship again" wasn't the most convincing line-reading I've ever seen, and it was undercut by the direction I'm assuming he was getting to give Sparkle a Meaningful Glance.

And, while I'm up, why the Horton-Kiriakis was Maggie dressed like Colonel Sanders?!

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5

Caroline is a psychic with training wheels. Of course she has loyalty to Victor and his hiding something. Nothing wrong with a sweater in summer. Some public places have the a/c cranked up. Maybe the deal with Caroline is respecting your elders. Protecting Victor is wrong.

Middle aged can be a huge age swing. It is hard to tell someone's age these days.

Sonny, your husband died a few months ago. When someone hot and interesting comes along, you'll pursue a relationship. Maybe not with Sparkle, but someone else.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Well, she's dating Sonny's cousin, she was married to Will's cousin and JJ's cousin, who was also Sonny's husband, who slept with his step-grandfather's son. Who also slept with Sonny. Weird is the norm for this family.

• Love 2

I don't think Marlena would ever object to Sonny and Paul.  I mean Will is dead (at least for the time being).  Sonny and Paul do have a history.  As much as Marlena catches grief I do have to say the one thing she isn't really hypocritical about is complicated affairs considering her past with John and Roman.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I don't think Marlena would ever object to Sonny and Paul.  I mean Will is dead (at least for the time being).  Sonny and Paul do have a history.  As much as Marlena catches grief I do have to say the one thing she isn't really hypocritical about is complicated affairs considering her past with John and Roman.

True, Marlena has a tendency of loving everything that has to do with John...Sami was always right in that regard...

• Love 3