Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Victor can shit talk Sami all he wants to. If it weren't for her, his son might still have both of his legs.

What are you talking about? Clearly there is a storyline I forgot about :/

Steve who is Adrienne's brother was married to Kayla, Sami's aunt through Roman...Steve is Sami's uncle through marriage, so Adrienne was her aunt through marriage as well. 

I see it now.  Interesting.

Where I'm from, we would not count Adrienne as an aunt because her brother was married to a blood relative.  She would just be "his" relative, not ours, while he would be our uncle because he's married to our blood aunt. If we're not related by blood or adoption or brought into the family by marriage to a member, we're not related.

So I would not see Adrienne as related to Sami in any way.  

Also, someone referred to Abigail's "your aunt Hope", which Hope is not (Hope, Bo, Jack, Jennifer, no sibling relations there) unless something has been rewritten of which I am unaware.

Hope and Jennifer are cousins, so Abigail and Hope are second cousins, unless all that once-removed stuff I have never understood gets involved.

Isn't that just a courtesy title because Hope and Jenn are close?   Hence the dreaded "Cuz" thing they say.

• Love 1
(edited)

Also, someone referred to Abigail's "your aunt Hope", which Hope is not (Hope, Bo, Jack, Jennifer, no sibling relations there) unless something has been rewritten of which I am unaware.

Hope and Jennifer are cousins, so Abigail and Hope are second cousins, unless all that once-removed stuff I have never understood gets involved.

Technically it is a once-removed situation with Hope and Abigail. Jennifer and Hope are first cousins, Abigail is the daughter of a first cousin of Jennifer so that makes them first cousins once removed. The "Aunt Hope" thing could be out of politeness? In my family, I call my parents' first cousins usually "aunt" or "uncle" as well, even if they are just cousins of mine. I am not sure why it is that way to be fair, I think because usually your parents' first cousins are older than you are.

Second cousins are two children of two first cousins. Or in another way explained: Second cousins share one set of great-grandparents. The "once removed, twice, three times etc." plays in when there is a generation skip. Like in this case, the first cousin of a parent would be from the generation of your parents, but not the same as yours.

Or that is how it works in the US and UK I think? I'm not from either places so I wouldn't know much either.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 3
(edited)

I wonder if one of Freddie's reasons for leaving has to do with being on the backburner. Even his storyline with Paul seems to be more about Will's nuttiness and insecurity than about how Sonny is coping with being cheated on.

I'd bet he decided to leave because of a consortium of issues: never getting to lead a story, unhappiness with current story and where it was going, working for peanuts on his rookie contract, and being low-balled by Corday on a new contract.

Unfortunately for Freddie, he's largely missed pilot season.

On a related note, I think this is the end for WilSon. Has there ever been a soap pairing that continued to be successful with both characters recast?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

On a related note, I think this is the end for WilSon. Has there ever been a soap pairing that continued to be successful with both characters recast?

I am trying to think of couples that both ended up being recasted and I am not sure, there have not been many I think? Weren't Shawn and Belle both recasted at some point?

• Love 1

What are you talking about? Clearly there is a storyline I forgot about :/

It was so confusing at the time, so I'm sure that years later I can't make it sound right, but the gist of it is Sami (as Stan) was working for Tony Dimera, who arranged for Philip to be captured while he was fighting in Iraq, and he somehow lost a leg. Sami/Stan was directly involved with leading Philip to his captors. 

I am trying to think of couples that both ended up being recasted and I am not sure, there have not been many I think? Weren't Shawn and Belle both recasted at some point?

Yes, on As the world turns Tom and margo were recasted numerous times....They were still wildly popular....

Yes, on As the world turns Tom and margo were recasted numerous times....They were still wildly popular....

• Love 2

It was so confusing at the time, so I'm sure that years later I can't make it sound right, but the gist of it is Sami (as Stan) was working for Tony Dimera, who arranged for Philip to be captured while he was fighting in Iraq, and he somehow lost a leg. Sami/Stan was directly involved with leading Philip to his captors. 

Ohh yeah, I think I remember now. It was when JKJ left and someone else played Phillip. And AS was on maternity leave, wasn't she? So they had a guy play a male Sami. Did they ever mention it again, Phillip now has one artificial leg?

• Love 2
(edited)

Victor tried to kill Bo even after he knew Bo was his son so he can STFU.

Alison Sweeney Interview:

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/34095/20150402/days-lives-alison-sweeney-first-daytime-emmy-nomination-50th-anniversary-sami-brady.htm

He also blackmailed Kim into sleeping with him..It could have been a scenario like EJ and Sami in order for Kim to either protect Shayne or save his life..Victor was evil back in the day....

Ohh yeah, I think I remember now. It was when JKJ left and someone else played Phillip. And AS was on maternity leave, wasn't she? So they had a guy play a male Sami. Did they ever mention it again, Phillip now has one artificial leg?

When the original Philip came back, they barely mentioned his artificial leg. He did not even walk with a noticeable limp like the recast in the Stan storyline...Victor was obsessed with Kim and did everything to keep her and Shayne apart....Andrew was believed to be Victor's at some point. It was hard for Shayne to accept at first, but he came around and accepted Andrew as his son regardless of biology and named him after his brother...He was overjoyed to find out that he was in fact his biological son....I like that Days always give their supercouples a child...Even their gay couple share a child....

The only popular  couple that did not share a child was Bo and Carly...I always wanted them to share a son. Carly was such a great stepmom to Shawn-Douglas and she was the one that healed Bo and brought happiness into their lives again after Hope was presumed dead. She was nurturing when Shawn D almost lost his hearing. They had a strong bond. I think he even called her mom at some point. I remember fans thinking that Carly left pregnant with Bo's child with Lawrence..That storyline of their reconciliation was so rushed and nonsensical..There was no buildup, it came out of nowhere.  I think it was because Crystal left the show due to behind the scenes issues...If they could bring back Chelsea a miscarried fetus alive..They could have said that Lawrence threatened Carly's unborn child for her to leave with him...It would have been better than giving Carly an insipid daughter like Melanie with Dr Tan...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

I completely forgot about the Phillip situation, and the mess Sami made there. 

But did Victor actually dislike Will before the cheating? Did he ever actually a problem with him? He didn't seem that shocked Will would cheat with Sonny's ex-fiance (the latter being the truly shocking part) -- just kind of annoyed that Sonny married Will in the first place. 

Sonny has been looking very handsome lately. It figures we get the news that he'll be leaving when his male beauty is at its finest.  

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I completely forgot about the Phillip situation, and the mess Sami made there. 

But did Victor actually dislike Will before the cheating? Did he ever actually a problem with him? He didn't seem that shocked Will would cheat with Sonny's ex-fiance (the latter being the truly shocking part) -- just kind of annoyed that Sonny married Will in the first place. 

Sonny has been looking very handsome lately. It figures we get the news that he'll be leaving when his male beauty is at its finest.  

No, it is a plot point..Victor was always supportive of Wilson..He never had a problem with Will...When Chad revealed that Will was the father of Gaby's baby, Sonny was furious and Victor told him not to hold it against Will...He encouraged Sonny to reconcile with him...

• Love 2
(edited)

I loved the Bo and Carly arc! They had a long, slow start, right? I remember them casting glances at each other from across the room while Bette Midler's "From a Distance" played in the background. They had a very believable love story until Alamain waltzed in. 

So sad about Freddie leaving. I wonder if his accident and all had anything to do with it -- maybe he just needed a break to recoup or something. Some recasts can work, but the odds are much less in their favor when a beloved actor leaves, like Freddie. I'm still not used to KDP's Eve, although I don't hold it against the actress at all -- Charlotte Ross was just that vivid a character for me that sometimes I superimpose her face over KDP's. And there could be no other Patch for me but Stephen Nicols. 

Big however here -- I was very fond of the old Chad but Billy Flynn has completely won me over : )

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 4

I do not like Adrienne period, but I hope that Victor is not anymore on her case than he is Justin.  What is Adrienne supposed to do while her husband is gone for months and has an admitted side piece.

• Love 3

It's an interesting question. I could only come up with Jessica and Christian on OLTL.

I loved the Bo and Carly arc! They had a long, slow start, right? I remember them casting glances at each other from across the room while Bette Midler's "From a Distance" played in the background. They had a very believable love story until Alamain waltzed in. 

So sad about Freddie leaving. I wonder if his accident and all had anything to do with it -- maybe he just needed a break to recoup or something. Some recasts can work, but the odds are much less in their favor when a beloved actor leaves, like Freddie. I'm still not used to KDP's Eve, although I don't hold it against the actress at all -- Charlotte Ross was just that vivid a character for me that sometimes I superimpose her face over KDP's. And there could be no other Patch for me but Stephen Nicols. 

Big however here -- I was very fond of the old Chad but Billy Flynn has completely won me over : )

I was just thinking this, BF is a much better Chad than original recipe.  And as much as I love KDP, and never saw the actress who originated Eve, I am not liking KDP in this role for some reason.  It feels as if she is trying too hard.

• Love 2
(edited)

I loved Bo and Carly because it was a slow build because the writers knew that Bo and Hope were a beloved supercouple..They took their time establishing Carly as a character, there was nobody there to sing her praises. Carly came in as a doctor and Bo was a grieving widower trying to rebuild his life with his son..I loved their relationship it was so adult and so believable..I loved it when they married themselves on top of that pyramid in Mexico..Just beautiful..Then it all went to hell with the arrival of Lawrence, Vivian, Victor and Nicholas into their lives...lol I loved the relationship between Nicholas and Shawn-Douglas.. Bo and Carly was my favorite pairing of Bo's..I also loved the friendship between Carly and Jennifer..Jennifer was such a great heroine back then...She was so spunky and fearless. She went to bat for Carly and unfortunately, that made her a target of Lawrence...It is a shame what they have done to her....

I don't want Sonny to be recast...He should leave town to clear his head. In the meantime, a heartbroken Will continues with his life . Will makes peace with Sparkle because he is John's son..He takes responsibility for damaging his marriage. Then Sonny comes back for his family and they leave town together to start anew...We get word about them via Marlena, Rafe, Justin and Adrienne. We found out that Will and Sonny are expecting a  second daughter via a surrogate, this time Sonny is the biological father..If DAYS is still around in the future, they can bring them back with new actors...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

Weren't both Jennifer and Jack both re-cast at some point? I can't remember if the pairing was successful while the re-castings were going on, but it seemed to leave open the possibility that both of the original actors could be reunited at a later date. Of course, that was a different time, and neither MA or MR seemed to consider trying their luck at prime-time. Both CM and FS are still young enough that they could try prime-time as a possibility. By the time they've gotten that out of their system, the show might be cancelled.

I don't think the show has to have Sami and EJ on to be successful, but the show seems to be suffering from an exodus of familiar actors in a short time period. I don't even like Melanie all that much, and yet even I'm a little rattled that she's suddenly leaving again. I didn't really want to see her back, but once she got here again I got used to the idea that she'd be here to fight with Teresa and squeal like a little girl around Brady. Then when I acclimated myself to her return, I looked at her strengths -- her ability to sleuth well and her chemistry with Chad (something I think the show could capitalize on). Now poof! -- she will be gone. I'm not really looking forward to getting used to whichever new actor will now come in to fill her space. I didn't care for Jordan or Serena at first, but once I got used to them, they're suddenly gone. Whut.

I joked that Chad, Ben, and Abigail might be the only people left on this show at year's end. But here's my second joke (I know, I'm such a try-hard!) -- by year's end, Abigail/KM will  probably be the most familiar face on the show!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5
(edited)

Weren't both Jennifer and Jack both re-cast at some point? I can't remember if the pairing was successful while the re-castings were going on, but it seemed to leave open the possibility that both of the original actors could be reunited at a later date.

Yes, they were,,It was not successful..Most people were angry with Matthew being recast and then Melissa left under a firestorm of controversy....Jack and Jennifer were both written out at separate times....I liked the Jack recast, but, he was too bland..Matthew was always Jack to me.....I think the Jack recast should have been Mike Horton....Even though Michael T. Weiss was the definitive Mike, he was so sexy and I loved his relationship with April...Days always had the best couples in daytime.....No other show can touch them in that arena..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)
 I joked that Chad, Ben, and Abigail might be the only people left on this show at year's end. But here's my second joke (I know, I'm such a try-hard!) -- by year's end, Abigail/KM will  probably be the most familiar face on the show!

I don't think we're ever getting rid of KM. The show will be cancelled and she'll still be giving stupid interviews where she tells lies about how awesome her rancid character is.

If Chad is just going to spend all his time obsessing over Abifail then I hope BF leaves as soon as his contract is up.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

The show lost it's footing when they decided to make Sami and EJ the leads of the show, forgetting that it is an ensemble show.....Daytime used to be balance when I was a kid..There were always three stories on at the same time..When one was starting,  one was in the middle of the story and another one was reaching it's climax.  That way there was always something for everybody..Corday and company assumed everybody was a Sami fan and that was not the case...

• Love 6
(edited)

Marlena will be Paul's step-grandmother too, and as with Carrie, probably prefer the step to the biological. Although nothing about Paul seems superior character-wise to Will to me. At least with Carrie, it was clear she was the nicer sibling. But Paul seems just as weird to me as Will does. 

Paul is good in romantic scenes, but I'm not interested in seeing him deal with his paternity. Watching him try to come out of the closet was boring enough. There's something about Paul that doesn't seem very deep, which is probably why I'm agitated I have to deal with a paternity storyline in his case. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

Apprentice -- the only couple on another soap that came close to those you mentioned on Days would be (pause for respect) Holden and Lily on ASTWT. 

I bailed on Days when they did the Jack and Jenn switcheroo, I was so annoyed.

• Love 3
(edited)

Apprentice -- the only couple on another soap that came close to those you mentioned on Days would be (pause for respect) Holden and Lily on ASTWT. 

I bailed on Days when they did the Jack and Jenn switcheroo, I was so annoyed.

I loved Holden and Lily as Well..I even loved Heather Rattray as Lily and she got alot of hate just like Guy Wilson....Guy gets it worst because of social media...I liked Martha's Lily  as well, but at times she was too whiny and a victim. Whereas, Heather's Lily had all the qualities that Lucinda's daughter should be..Strong, but, with a hidden vulnerability....Heather was fantastic in the reveal of Aaron's paternity...Douglas Marland's last umbrella story on the show, before his death..It took 2 years to reveal and it involved most of the cast in that storyline... I loved the complex  mother/daughter relationship between Lucinda and Lily...Lily's relationship  with the Snyders was also good, especially with Iva her biological mother. I always loved that the show never made Iva more of a mother to Lily than Lucinda simply because she was biological mom..She never once called her mom, her mother was always Lucinda, no matter what....It was fitting that the show ended with that fact intact...Iva and Lucinda also had a complex relationship as well..Douglas was such a genius in crafting characters and storylines for the show..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

That's interesting, too, Apprentice -- I forgot about Heather Rattray. But I was an avid watcher then and after being a little miffed at first, I believed her as Lily, too. I wonder if I'd been able to examine my feelings more on social media back then, if I would have accepted her so quickly, lol. And oh, you reminded me of another of my soap heroines, Lucinda/Elizabeth Hubbard. What a dame! Her on/off love with John was great. 

Back on the Days ranch, lol, I wonder if the folks in charge realize what a gaping hole in the canvas Freddie's departure will leave? If the actor, Guy Wilson, is left behind on the show when Freddie leaves, I don't know how they'll make another story involving Will compelling. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Lucinda and John..They were wonderful.....Lucinda was such a great  complex character played by a great actress..I like Guy, unlike alot of people on here..I do think that it would be good for Will and Sonny to leave together as a family..They can always come back...They are legacy children with a legacy grandchild...The show  failed to make Freddie a lead actor, when Chandler left the show...Freddie has it and he makes his pairings palatable..If I was not a Wilson fan, I would be sitting at the Paulson table..I just feel that it was unnecessary to destroy Will a legacy child that we saw grow up on the show in favor of  a stranger in Paul...I love Will because he is lumi's kid. I grew to like Sonny because Will liked him...I don't like it when the show forces a character down my throat..They could have brought Paul on the canvas without sacrificing Will and Wilson..look at how they brought in Carly for Bo after Hope died..They respected the Bope fans while building the Bo/Carly fanbase....Ken Corday has no respect for the fans of the show and that is why the show's ratings are so bad...

I also think that  now is the time for Freddie to leave the show and expand his horizons...He obviously does not want to be a lifer on a soap...He is young with no children..Now is the time to take a leap of faith....Plus, he is newly engaged to his girlfriend Alyssa..Perhaps,he feels that this is the right decision for his family....I am going to miss him and I wish him all the best in the world....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Recasts have worked before, but I really believe it depends on how it's done, the writing, and who takes over the role.  Victoria Wyndham was not the first Rachel on Another World.  There were two or three actresses that played the part before she took over.

Susan Seaforth Hayes was not the first Julie.  There were a couple of actresses that played Julie before SSH.

Sami and EJ actually got less screen time than Dan and Jenn.  It's still an ensemble show.  It's just a lousy ensemble.  I do think the SLs with Sami/Rafe, EJ/Nicole, and Brady/woman of the moment worked better than whatever the hell they were trying to do in 2014.

For years now, Days has been losing it's younger generations.  I don't know if it's because the younger actors/actresses decide to leave, and the show doesn't recast, if they keep writing them out, or a combination of both.  That leaves a hole in the show.

Then there is the everyone in Salem has to be stupid and incompetent in order for the SLs to move along.  At one time, Roman (when WN played him) and Abe were good cops who got the job done.  WN's Roman beat Stefano every time.  Bo and Steve/Patch were good cops who would occasionally bend the rules if necessary, or break them if they had to.  Sami never met a rule she liked, or a gun she couldn't shoot.  Kate has no problem with cold blooded murder.  And yet when Stefano, Andre, and EJ were terrorizing Salem in 2007, I was supposed to believe that no one would end Stefano for good.

Not only has the Salem PD become incompetent, but the younger generations of Dimeras and Kiriakisses are either idiots, or missing in action.  Stefano's children are incapable of doing anything without his help.  Brady is to stupid to live.  Sonny is smart, but he is a good guy.  Phillip's gone.

• Love 5
(edited)

Recasts have worked before, but I really believe it depends on how it's done, the writing, and who takes over the role.  Victoria Wyndham was not the first Rachel on Another World.  There were two or three actresses that played the part before she took over.

Susan Seaforth Hayes was not the first Julie.  There were a couple of actresses that played Julie before SSH.

Sami and EJ actually got less screen time than Dan and Jenn.  It's still an ensemble show.  It's just a lousy ensemble.  I do think the SLs with Sami/Rafe, EJ/Nicole, and Brady/woman of the moment worked better than whatever the hell they were trying to do in 2014.

For years now, Days has been losing it's younger generations.  I don't know if it's because the younger actors/actresses decide to leave, and the show doesn't recast, if they keep writing them out, or a combination of both.  That leaves a hole in the show.

Then there is the everyone in Salem has to be stupid and incompetent in order for the SLs to move along.  At one time, Roman (when WN played him) and Abe were good cops who got the job done.  WN's Roman beat Stefano every time.  Bo and Steve/Patch were good cops who would occasionally bend the rules if necessary, or break them if they had to.  Sami never met a rule she liked, or a gun she couldn't shoot.  Kate has no problem with cold blooded murder.  And yet when Stefano, Andre, and EJ were terrorizing Salem in 2007, I was supposed to believe that no one would end Stefano for good.

Not only has the Salem PD become incompetent, but the younger generations of Dimeras and Kiriakisses are either idiots, or missing in action.  Stefano's children are incapable of doing anything without his help.  Brady is to stupid to live.  Sonny is smart, but he is a good guy.  Phillip's gone.

I agree completely with your post...Stefanie, Chelsea, Theresa, Andrew, Melissa, Sarah, Nathan, Philip, JJ, Abigail, joey,Chloe, Benji, Cameron, Carrie, Austin, their kid along with the kiriakis Brothers should be in town driving stories for their generation and beyond...Sonny should have gone dark after learning of Will's betrayal.....It makes no sense to me that he would be flirting with Sparkle..Every time Sparkle looks his way or gives him a flirtatious smile, he should be thinking about him and Will being together..I know that Sparkle was not at fault..He fucked his husband...Sonny was ready to kill Sparkle when he remembered that he touched Will.  Sonny should not be entertaining Sparkle at all.. That has to wound Sonny's pride to know that Will who had not been with other men other than Sonny, succumbed so easily to Sparkle...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

My cousin calls me "cuzzie."  So I don't find that terribly "dreaded."  And even then, only Hope says it to Jennifer.  I've never heard Jennifer say it to Hope.

That's nice.  Not me.  The way Hope says it reminds me of her Cop Voice.  Not my favorite.

You're right, Jenn doesn't say it much, although she does use it on occasion.  But then again, I doubt Jenn uses it much because her brain no longer recognizes anyone but Daniel, Abigail, Eve and JJ.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

My cousin calls me "cuzzie."  So I don't find that terribly "dreaded."  And even then, only Hope says it to Jennifer.  I've never heard Jennifer say it to Hope.

I like it too.  My hubby calls his sister "sis", yet my siblings don't use that TOD with me.  It depends on the family.  I like with Hope and Jennifer because it helps me remember who is related.  Between the Bradys and the Hortons, you need an org chart.

• Love 3

As much as I liked Noelle Beck on "Loving", I hated her as Lily because Martha Byrne is the only Lily.

Dusty and Lily were both recasted, although the Dusty recast happened when they were both still young.

• Love 4
(edited)

Is Paige still staying on the show? I feel as if an announcement could come anytime of her departure, since she never really seemed to take off as a character  off (her mother, despite having slept with her boyfriend, who has induced vehement dislike in some of us  ironically seems more popular), but I don't think we've heard an announcement yet. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

As much as I liked Noelle Beck on "Loving", I hated her as Lily because Martha Byrne is the only Lily.

Dusty and Lily were both recasted, although the Dusty recast happened when they were both still young.

Rick Kitchen, I actually thought that Noelle Beck's Lily embodied both Martha's Lily and heather's Lily perfectly..She had Heather's sophistication/Egde and Martha's fragility perfectly...I hope I made sense...lol..I never saw Lucy Deakins in the role, she originated the role.. What were your impressions of Heather as Lily? 

The actress who plays Paige is still on the show...I saw a tweet of her in a picture with Christopher at the NBC studios....I wonder if Guy is still on the show, the day that the news  broke that Freddie was no longer on the show..Christopher had posted pictures of Freddie making it seem like he was still working there....They could be faking us out....He had also posted pictures of Guy as well....I can see the show writing off Wilson and keeping Christopher and going from there..He has yet to interact with Belle, Brady and the rest of the Brady clan..The Bradys still think of John as family....

Edited by Apprentice79
(edited)

I don't think I ever saw Heather as Lily.

Besides, Noelle Beck was too young to be Luke's mother.  :)

She played Lily, when Holden and Lily finally got married, but there was a secret looming..Aaron who had been adopted by Iva was Holden's son by Julie..That story played out for 2 years...It was sublime..Douglas Marland at his best...Holden got amnesia and rejected Lily..Lily left town after finding out about Aaron and Lucinda's machinations. Lily came back as Martha married to Damian...lol  

How do you think they will write out Sonny? alone or with his family..He might be presumed dead..Don't forget Clyde is still a danger to Victor's family...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Oh Victor, prince of my heart! He is my hero. First he gives that gruff, lovely toast to Will and Sonny, and then he turns on Will like the wrath of an elder god. That. was. fantastic. As was the entire reveal -- public and professional humiliation was exactly what I wanted for Will, and I so rarely get what I want!!! (Example A: I finally really start to like Melanie and she's leaving? Damnit!) The sleazy reporter was great -- once again, Days scores with the bit players. He played Will like a cheap fiddle, I loved every far too brief minute.

Back to Victor, I appreciate that his responses were exactly in line with what they would have been for a straight couple. He's gone straight into VengeanceVictor! mode. I was laughing with delight. John Aniston is a treasure. And I must say, I liked the reveal that Maggie knew he's been playing Clyde. For a brief moment, I remembered liking her.

• Love 7
(edited)

Lily came back as Martha married to Damian...lol  

How do you think they will write out Sonny? alone or with his family..He might be presumed dead..Don't forget Clyde is still a danger to Victor's family...

Damien! Now there was a soap hunk, lol. I still remember vividly that scene when Holden went looking for Lily and found her singing in a club on the Amalfi coast. She was singing a lovely Bonnie Raitt song I can't recall precisely.

Do we know how long James Read will be around? I like the idea of a big Kiriakis/Clyde blowout that takes Ben off the canvas, too. I suppose I'll get used to Paul if he sticks around -- the resemblance between him and John is pretty remarkable. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm baffled by Chad's interest in Abigail but I'm equally baffled by her interest in him. Is she just going to picture EJ's face superimposed on top of Chad's body when she does it with him? I just keep thinking EJ did something for her sexually that Chad couldn't (and Ben can't either) because of how caricature-like and wide open her mouth was when she was doing it with EJ. It's like EJ is a bit of a weird reminder to me any time she flirts, smirks, and does something weirdly suggestive (but then pretends she doesn't) with Chad. I know she likes bad boys, but Chad isn't really that bad either. And he's not attached currently. So, uh, why? 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

Chad should not want to touch that thing with a ten foot pole after she dumped him because she was already dreaming about EJ's penis.

In regards to that mouth looking like a large mouth bass I wonder if that was Mansi or she was told to do that.

• Love 4
(edited)

Chad should not want to touch that thing with a ten foot pole after she dumped him because she was already dreaming about EJ's penis.

In regards to that mouth looking like a large mouth bass I wonder if that was Mansi or she was told to do that.

Oh yeah, it did look like a large mouth bass! 

I can't seem to get it out of my head every time she's talking to Chad, and that Chad is probably not as adequate as EJ in Abigail's mind. But she'll take what she can?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I wish all of Salem could have seen a video of that scene in the shower.  Some might have finally realized side piece was no victim. But that would never have been Jennifer, Hope, Lucas, Maggie, JJ or anyone Horton.

• Love 3