Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Decision Time

Well, hindsight notwithstanding, Juan Pablo is obviously a guy that just says what he thinks people want to hear.  "I'm 100% committed" means absolutely nothing to him.  He has an endless stream of meaningless mouth sounds that he spits out on command, especially when the camera is on him.   

I don't think he's a terrible guy, but there is no THERE there with him.  Good luck with the next guy, Nikki. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5

Cicely just cracks me up. I loved her throwing all kinds of side eye at Nikki's friendship with Andi. It is kind of weird. I've always found it weird how the women bond on that show, when they're ostensibly vying for the same guy. 

It was interesting, though, to hear Nikki realize that the reason she defended Andi so much is because she agreed with her. And I can totally see how JP is self-centered. I noticed several times tonight that he would turn any issue that Nikki had around, to be about him. 

Honestly, they're both not great people, IMO. JP is all about JP, and he's one of those smooth guys that says what he thinks you want to hear. Well, except for "I love you". And Nikki is an entitled nag that is too wrapped up in image. I thought she was VERY close to ending things tonight. But when she mentioned to Dr. Jenn that she was afraid of the critics being vindicated, I knew she wasn't quite ready to hang it up. They're just so toxic together, it's so annoying to watch. 

My heart just breaks for Treach. Ugh. When he told that story about passing his dad, his dad not recognizing him, and wanting to shoot him in the back - I just started crying. I lost it again when his dad was just making all those asinine excuses about being too busy. Who is too busy for their fucking kid? Damn. You could just see the hurt little boy in Treach. I hope his dad gives up the BS and actually apologizes next. "There is NO excuse for what I did, and I'm sorry". I feel Treach deserves that much.

• Love 5

I do not think Nikki is a spoiled brat nor does she feel entitled.  Dick is perceptive and understands her frustration.  His words were true, it is too early in their relationship to be going through this.  They have not experienced the madly in love, you cannot believe how lucky you are to have found each other stage.  Without that foundation there is nothing to work on to get back to those feelings.  You cannot create love in therapy. 

The editing was very choppy during their session.  There must be more to it that we will see in the next episode.   

I saw Nikki latch onto hope when JP cried.  She took that to mean she had been hurting him and that is why he could not say I love you.  pffffffffft  More manipulation from JP.  The therapist needs to step in on this one and she needs a new hairstyle.  

Interesting to see Cisily is all talk.  The minute she was called upon to talk to Nikki she instantly came around.  She bonded with Jenna over a shared enemy (strongest bond) and ran with it.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

She bonded with Jenna over a shared enemy (strongest bond) and ran with it.

Yup.  Nikki hasn't exactly been my favorite person on this show but I thought Cecily and Jenna were very "mean girl" tonite.  Cecily jumped all over Nikki over the Andi conversation and then when Nikki shared privately in their room to Juan Pablo that she felt disrespected by Cecily, Jenna eavesdropped and gleefully started manipulating the situation. and boy is Cecily easily manipulated!  I thought Dick was absolutely correct when he thought they were wrong and went to console / talk to Nikki.  Which, in turn, pissed Cecily off - "I heard you high fived her ..." What?  It's like she wants it to be everyone against Nikki.  Ganging up on someone isn't going to solve anything. Especially when they are all there for therapy.  I never thought I'd see a situation where Dick was the sane one in a group of reality show famewhores. Nikki decided to try and talk it out w Cecily who went in there w a major attitude.  Only when Nikki took all the blame and apologize did Cecily back down and make nice.  I certainly didn't think Nikki was the only one at fault. and the one manipulating the whole situation (Jenna) got away with it.  That said - Juan Pablo and Nikki have no business being together.  It really shouldn't be that hard, especially that early in a relationship.

That whole thing w Treach and his dad was heartbreaking.  His dad just doesn't get it. I wonder what we're going to find out next week.

Meanwhile, previews seem to show Deena going off the rails. She probably realized that they weren't getting much screen time being the most normal ones in the house. 

• Love 3

I think it was interesting that Dick wasn't really happy with  Nikki, until the Jenna and Cecily started talking about her.  Maybe Dick is one of those "captain save a ho" types of men, rushes in to save the poor "damsel in distress" Nikki.  I didn't buy Nikki's act for a minute and Jenna and Cecily were right about her; why are they mean girls for speaking the truth?

Poor Treach, my heart breaks for him.  I wonder if there's more to the story, like maybe his dad wasn't 100% certain that he was his father.  

• Love 2

I wonder if there's more to the story, like maybe his dad wasn't 100% certain that he was his father.  

I wondered this too...they certainly don't look alike.  However, my heart broke for him as well.  Reminds me of my husband and his father.

I'm not on Nikki's side, because she's an asshole, and I'm certainly not on Dr. Jenn's side, because she's the worst, but my therapist hugs me at the end of every session, and she's 10 shades of awesome, so I wouldn't say that was the evidence of unprofessionalism. Just every damn thing that comes out of her mouth. Just had to put that out there.

• Love 4

Juan Pablo can't settle down, and that's all Nikki wants to do.  it's so obvious they're unsuited to each other.  Love (on Nikki's side) is never enough.  JP will flit from woman to woman unless HE decides he doesn't want to anymore.  Nikki will be anchored amongst her family, friends and home unless SHE decides she doesn't want to anymore.

Neither can change their basic nature, so they would never be able to make it work to their mutual satisfaction. 

I'm not on Nikki's side, because she's an asshole, and I'm certainly not on Dr. Jenn's side, because she's the worst, but my therapist hugs me at the end of every session, and she's 10 shades of awesome, so I wouldn't say that was the evidence of unprofessionalism. Just every damn thing that comes out of her mouth. Just had to put that out there.

Mine too, and I'm on record as calling bullshit on everything else "Dr" Jenn does. 

From Tara's recap:"Plus, if he didn't pick anyone, he wouldn't have been able to parlay this sham of a relationship into a coveted spot on Couples Therapy, but never mind."  THIS.

In that moment, I really wanted either stupid Jenn or stupid Nikki to say "Wait a minute, buster... if you hadn't picked anyone that would have been the end of your tv-star aspirations."  Then again if they weren't so stupid maybe they would have.

why are they mean girls for speaking the truth?

My problem wasn't really what they were saying as much as how they were going about it. It all seemed a bit too much "let's gang up on Nikki" for me.  

Sure Nikki is privileged and a pain in the ass but it doesn't mean she doesn't have problems and doesn't deserve to have an opinion on anything.  Jenna cannot stand Nikki for reasons I think are more rooted in Jenna's own issues than Nikki herself.  There was one point where they were trashing Nikki but Jenna admitted that she reacts to things the same way Nikki did. (Or something like that - it's been a few hours since I watched the episode.)  It almost seems that Jenna picks a target and gets others to go along with her in order to take the heat off herself and her issues.  

I dunno.  I didn't watch the Bachelor so maybe I just don't have enough background on Nikki and how terrible she is. I just don't like the way some of the others are acting toward her.  Cecily was PISSED when she was told Nikki was saying that she was disrespectful.  How different is Nikki's trash talking to what Cecily and Jenna were saying behind Nikki's back?  and Nikki was only saying it to one person - Cecily and Jenna were saying this to the rest of the group. and I still don't get why Nikki apologized to Cecily but Cecily didn't apologize to Nikki.  

• Love 3

Cecily has repeatedly said she's "Just keepin' it real".  Which to me is reality show code for "I'm going to be rude & insulting now".  It's possible to be honest & say how you truly feel in a non-accusing and non-confrontational and way.  But where's the draaaaaaaamaaaa in that? 

• Love 4
I dunno.  I didn't watch the Bachelor so maybe I just don't have enough background on Nikki and how terrible she is.

Oddly, whilst watching The Bachelor, Nikki was my favorite early on. I wouldn't say I was rooting for her, because I thought JP was an ass, but I did really like Nikki. I was pretty shocked when I saw how she was behaving on this show....not necessarily towards JP, but the staff, the other couples, the cameramen, etc. She is vile to me now.

When she was whining about the cameras a few episodes ago, she mentioned several times how different it was from The Bachelor. I think she does much better with controlled filming. She can choose how she wants to come across. Now with the cameras being everywhere and on them at all times, the real Nikki is coming out and she knows it, and it's making her extra bitchy.

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 4

Obviously, Nikki has not read the book, "He's Just Not Into You."  He doesn't love her, and half the time it doesn't seem that he really likes her.  I think he wants to, he's just not there yet. 

Remember when Brad Womack got a lot of flack from the public when he chose no one to marry? I didn't mind.  I got it.  Just because you're in  room with 25 people doesn't mean that you're going to find love or the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.  I also think his situation is in some ways like George Clooney's.  Imagine all those women that George dated and swore up and down that he would never marry again, and then here comes Amal.  If it's not there, it's not there.  You can't force it. 

Even if JP did tell Nikki that he loved her, she would never believe him and still feel insecurity about it because deep down she would feel that she forced him into saying it.  Better to end the relationship and move on, which they've apparently already done. 

• Love 3

Yea, and JP's decision was even kind of taboo in Bachelor land because he didn't propose, and he didn't say I love you. He just picked someone to DATE. That doesn't often happen, but it's a heck of a lot more realistic. That's why I hate those shows (even though I watch them); there's so much pressure to propose and make this big commitment after just a few short weeks. 

• Love 3

I do not like Cecily. AT. ALL.  She's a shit-stirrer (though not as good at it as Jenna) and a phony. What was with all her indignation that Nikki "said MY name!!!!"  Is Cecily a holy entity?  One shall not take Her name in vain?  She repeated it 2-3 times that she was so outraged that Nikki had the audacity to speak her name.  Huh?  I think she's so insecure and her lack of self esteem makes her act ugly.  Why doesn't she take her own advice and work or her relationship w/ Treach and stay the hell out of everyone else's business.  Treach, BTW, could do better than Cecily.  I wish he'd return her back under the bridge where he found her.

If this show does another season, maybe the Producers can dial back the number of couples they invite?  We never hear from Dick's <wink wink> "girlfriend".  The Jersey Shore couple could have stayed at Trump Tower in AC for all the attention they're getting.

• Love 1
Treach, BTW, could do better than Cecily.  I wish he'd return her back under the bridge where he found her.

I don't think Cecily came from under any bridge.  I don't know what that's supposed to mean.  

What was with all her indignation that Nikki "said MY name!!!!"  Is Cecily a holy entity?  One shall not take Her name in vain?

I think Cecily meant, why did Nikki even mention her name at all, it's like talking about someone behind their back.  

• Love 2

Cicely was doing the most with her anger towards Nikki. It's not as if Nikki was talking trash to the whole house about her. She mentioned her in argument with her boyfriend. Cicely went on as if Nikki called up the tabloids.

Remember when Brad Womack got a lot of flack from the public when he chose no one to marry? I didn't mind.  I got it.  Just because you're in  room with 25 people doesn't mean that you're going to find love or the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.  I also think his situation is in some ways like George Clooney's.  Imagine all those women that George dated and swore up and down that he would never marry again, and then here comes Amal.  If it's not there, it's not there.  You can't force it.

Good analogy. The only person I think JP would've went all in for was Sharleen. He was into her, but she was way out of his league and they both knew it.  I don't see JP settled, either. That's fine, but he needs to keep it real with himself. Just stop with the cultural excuses.

• Love 2

Like v Love:

You know, you love your kids, but sometimes you don't like them in the moment because they are being fresh, or mouthy, or rude, or obstinate.

You love your parents, but sometimes you don't like them because of many unresolved issues.

You love your spouse, but do you LIKE your spouse?? 

Do any of these couples even LIKE each other???  Who cares about the love.  I think the LIKE is much more important.  We have devalued the term LOVE to such an extent that we don't know what it means anymore.  Cecily and Treach don't look like they like each other.  Nikki and Pablo don't look like they like each other. Jenna and John don't look like they like each other.  The Jersey Shore kids- maybe they do.  We don't see them enough.

Do you see what I'm saying?  I am all about the LIKE.  That's what I look for in couples- do they LIKE each other.  And you can tell.  Try it!

• Love 5

I'm not a huge fan of Nikki, but I felt compassion for her when her faced just crumbled and she said she felt the same way as Andi did and that everything was always about Juan Pablo. I watched her season of the Bachelorette. It's a huge admission from her. Very telling.

I also felt deep compassion for Treach. There are no words for how difficult that must have been for him. You can see the pain in his eyes, even though he tries to hid it. It's just heartbreaking.

• Love 3