Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Rich guy rents a yacht and invites a gaggle of young, attractive women--and Bethenny and Carole--to float around with him?  Do they have to fuck him, too, or is he doing this out of the goodness of his heart?  Perhaps it's for charity?

• Love 5

Check out the "pagesix" site. Apparently, the "Hugh Hefner of the Hamptons" has chartered a yacht to the Galapagos Islands with a bevy of beautiful women. B is one of them. Guess she COULD actually take some time away from her peanut to be on a yacht with these upstanding folks. Give me a break, B.

She better come out tomorrow with a direct quote that Brynn was at Disneyland with her father for the entire time she was on this trip or I'm going to bombard Andy's email demanding he rake her over the coals about this during the reunion.

• Love 5

She better come out tomorrow with a direct quote that Brynn was at Disneyland with her father for the entire time she was on this trip or I'm going to bombard Andy's email demanding he rake her over the coals about this during the reunion.

It is possible that it's simply Jason's week with Bryn. He has her 50% of the time.

• Love 2

I think most of us took that for granted but that's not the point.

Thank you.

Bethenny can't manage to make it through an overnight trip to AC without drama over missing her kid. Amazing she can make it all the way to the Galapagos without a tear being shed.

• Love 7

Kinda of a long trip and distance for someone who can't stand being away from her daughter and wanted primary custody.  What if something happened to Bryn?

I am guessing the same thing that would take place if something happened to Bryn while she was in Bethenny's care....  They share legal custody.  So parent A notifies parent B who returns to join the other parent in handling the situation. It may take Bethenny slightly longer to get home because she is far away, but no longer than it would take Jason to get home if were far away when something happened.  And I am sure he goes out of town, too ... and even out of the country on occasion.  It is just that his trips don't make the news because there is little public interest in him.  He could be out of the country all the time for all anyone knows.

Without some special reason to be concerned, I don't think anyone should have to stay chained to the city because something might happen to the kid.  That is a pretty unrealistic expectation to put on the person who doesn't have custody that week.  

I don't think a week at Disneyland is required to justify Bethenny taking a cruise any more than it her taking Bryn to Disney for a week should be required to justify Jason going on a cruise.  They share custody and they are both equally able to care for Bryn (theoretically), and I don't see anything wrong with either one of them taking a nice trip on their off times.

It is possible that it's simply Jason's week with Bryn. He has her 50% of the time.

It is also Father's day this Sunday I believe, so I am sure Bryn is scheduled to be with Jason.  I doubt if Bethenny went off and left her locked in the pantry with a bowl of water and a blanket, lol.  

I think most of us took that for granted but that's not the point.  

But ... then ... what is the point?  If Bethenny is not going to be seeing Bryn because it is Jason's time with her, who cares if she goes out of town?  I don't think just because Bethenny cries about not seeing Bryn all the time changes anything ... if it is Jason's week and Bethenny isn't going to see Bryn, she isn't going to see Bryn and that's that.   Sitting home without her and feeling bad isn't going to do anyone any good.

• Love 2

if it is Jason's week and Bethenny isn't going to see Bryn, she isn't going to see Bryn and that's that.

In fact, depending on how assholish either wants to be about it- they might even have very  strict rules about infringing on each other's time.

• Love 5
(edited)

Sitting home without her and feeling bad isn't going to do anyone any good.

Well, it might have brought  joy to the percentage of the public who hate single mothers -- regardless of what they do -- that fucking Bethenny, never thinking about other people's needs :)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

Well, Beth just didn't go 'out of town'.  I don't have a problem with that.  She testified in court that Jason should not have primary custody.  She was the better parent yet she has no problem entrusting her daughter to this man while she goes over 3000 miles away on a yacht out in the Pacific Ocean.  She's not a three hour or even a six hour flight away - plus she was out in the ocean in a part of this.  I find it hypocritical.  She does, in fact, trust Jason. Or, is not as 'concerned' as she says. 

What if Jason did that?  Moot point.  He hasn't that I know of.

I also think it's pretty ironic after her adventure to Nantucket when she freaked out when they were supposedly lost at sea.  She was so concerned about her daughter.  Kissed the dock.... 

Well, it might have brought  joy to the percentage of the public who hate single mothers -- regardless of what they do -- that fucking Bethenny, never thinking about other people's needs :)

Who hates single moms?  It's about her hypocrisy. 

• Love 6
(edited)

If things went downhill after anyone left, it had more to do with the departure of Jill Zarin than anything.

Bethenny was much more likable with Jill as a sidekick, and if either Jill or someone "like her" had been brought back with Bethenny, I think it would have went much better. Alone, Bethenny is just ... too much. She needs someone to play off of. Someone to be shown setting her straight. Her edges are way too rough without an Ethel to her Lucy.

Sighs. Agreed.

Every show needs a villian/an antagonist/anti-hero etc to love to hate, love or hate. Jill was that person and she's real new yorker too. I never hated Jill. Was she self absorbed and full of herself, yes. I still thought she made good tv. She never did anything too malicious besides cutting off Bethenny's friendship and being sneaky trying to play producer in season 3 but she never was Brandi Glanville or Tamra Judge level of nasty. To me, facts are facts. When Bethenny left the first time and Jill came back for her final season the ratings wasn't hurting in fact they remained the same. The only person that should had got the ax that season was Cindy Who (what a drip) and maybe Alex (I didnt care for her and her creepy hubby). Yet Andy's love for Bethenny and pressure from Twitter verse made him do the dumbest firings in housewife history. The minute Jill left, down south went the numbers and three seasons later it's never recovered only been getting worse.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7

OK, I admit it, I am thoroughly envious of Bethy going to the Galapagos Islands!  OK,   anddddd of her being able to do a headstand and that side handstandy thingy she posted while on that trip.

I don't think it is a problem that she is away while her daughter is likely with her husband. 

While on that trip she tweeted this along with a picture of a male sea lion:

Bethenny Frankel ‏@Bethenny  Jun 16

The male sea lion lays around while the female provides. Hmmm...
#isuckatrelationships

Kids get vibes from parents, they can suss out how one parent feels about the other even if they cannot read tweets. Passive/aggressive bashing the other parent is sad.... for the child involved.  If Jason is also doing this type of behavior, shame on him, too.  Suck up that anger.

I have heard it said that one parent saying/feeling bad things about a child's other parent is sometimes interpreted by the child as saying that they, the child, is bad, also.

I get that it was a snark but keep it private, run and tell Carole, get a laugh and move on.

I think Simon's tweet was a funny poke at Andy and his Real Housewives Ratings Rescue.

• Love 5

Well, Beth just didn't go 'out of town'.  I don't have a problem with that.  She testified in court that Jason should not have primary custody.  She was the better parent yet she has no problem entrusting her daughter to this man while she goes over 3000 miles away on a yacht out in the Pacific Ocean.  She's not a three hour or even a six hour flight away - plus she was out in the ocean in a part of this.  I find it hypocritical.  She does, in fact, trust Jason. Or, is not as 'concerned' as she says. 

I don't believe Bethenny ever testified or indicated that Jason was unfit to care for Bryn alone, or that she didn't trust him to care for Bryn. I'm not seeing the issue here. They have joint custody.

• Love 5

OK, I admit it, I am thoroughly envious of Bethy going to the Galapagos Islands!  OK,   anddddd of her being able to do a headstand and that side handstandy thingy she posted while on that trip.

I don't think it is a problem that she is away while her daughter is likely with her husband. 

While on that trip she tweeted this along with a picture of a male sea lion:

Bethenny Frankel ‏@Bethenny  Jun 16

The male sea lion lays around while the female provides. Hmmm...

#isuckatrelationships

Kids get vibes from parents, they can suss out how one parent feels about the other even if they cannot read tweets. Passive/aggressive bashing the other parent is sad.... for the child involved.  If Jason is also doing this type of behavior, shame on him, too.  Suck up that anger.

I have heard it said that one parent saying/feeling bad things about a child's other parent is sometimes interpreted by the child as saying that they, the child, is bad, also.

I get that it was a snark but keep it private, run and tell Carole, get a laugh and move on.

I think Simon's tweet was a funny poke at Andy and his Real Housewives Ratings Rescue.

It is official - Bethenny is working not vacationing.  Her comment is not directed at Jason a plug for her book. 

• Love 1
(edited)

She was the better parent yet she has no problem entrusting her daughter to this man while she goes over 3000 miles away on a yacht out in the Pacific Ocean.

The courts have decided for her that her ex- husband is to be entrusted with her daughter. If Bethenny refused to drop Brynn off for ANY custodial time, Bethenny would be disobeying the court ruling. Unless she takes Jason to court again over custody, she no longer has the choice. I would venture to guess that if Bethenny was presented with this choice "go on a trip to the Galapagos with a spoiled old man OR get full primary custody of your daughter, including the ability to cut Jason out of Brynn's life forever" that yes, she would opt for choice two.

But that is never going to happen. The reality right now is that Jason has custodial rights so Bethenny has to entrust her daughter to him or face legal ramifications. Would it be preferable that she break the law and kidnap Brynn? Right now it seems like its being strongly suggested she doesn't give a shit about her child if she isn't willing to break the law and keep Bryn despite the court order and I'm genuinely curious if this is the standard people hold all divorced parents who want to get but fail to receive the level of custody that they want? That they must not give a shit, really, about their kids, if they abide by the court orders?

Are all divorced parents who don't have their kids for the week expected to sit at home and cry the entire time? Is Jason held to that standard, that if he doesn't have Brynn, he is not to go anywhere at all because any social activity while Bryn is with Bethenny is Jason showing he just really doesn't love her?

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 5
(edited)

Who hates single moms?  It's about her hypocrisy. 

There is nothing hypocritical in a mother  (who does not have full custody) taking a vacation when the child is with the father. Nothing. Literally millions of single mothers have lived through believing their ex husband/ ex wife would be a bad choice for co-custody, have lost that legal battle, and have then gone on to take many a vacation without exhibiting hypocrisy.  And, imo, there is no ankle monitor range of movement that is default proof of hypocrisy, either; a woman could deeply mistrust her ex, and go to the Antarctic or the corner store, and do so without it being proof of moral purity or moral failure; she might be traveling far away to break the habit of distrust -- or to immerse herself in an experience that will stop her from possibly obsessively worrying-- both of which  are just as likely as your contention that a vacation is proof she has always secretly and completely trusted the ex husband in question.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
(edited)

This all kinds of yuk to me. 

Kinda of a long trip and distance for someone who can't stand being away from her daughter and wanted primary custody.  What if something happened to Bryn?

I'd put up with Carole for a trip like that.  But on a boat that big, I'd never even have to see her and her Hello Kitty swimsuit.

The Galapagos isn't even that far - slightly longer than from NYC to L.A.  With the money at the disposal of the guests aboard that boat, a helicopter could be there in under 30 minutes if necessary. 

I also think it's pretty ironic after her adventure to Nantucket when she freaked out when they were supposedly lost at sea.  She was so concerned about her daughter.  Kissed the dock...

If you're comparing the safety of the trip she took with Dr. Dontknowhowtoskipperaboat and the professional crew of 75 on the Silver Sea, it's not the same.  At all.  We're lifelong boaters and I'd be disturbed being lost off the coast of Nantucket with no navigation and a dumbass at the helm.  Aboard the Silver Sea?  Unless there's a tsunami, an explosion or pirates with machine guns, keep bringing the Margaritas and it's all good.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5

Well no, it's not just a quick ride to the airport to catch one of the 40 flights a day departing for NYC just like LAX. So there's that.

And noone that I've read has said she should sit home when she doesn't have her kid. Some of us (ok, me) just find it really ironic that for literally months we've watched her cry over missing her child when she was less than 10 min away from her. Every episode is another breakdown about being away from her kid and missing her kid. She can't go here or there because of her kid. But now it's wooohooo, daddy time...mommy's off to to the islands with her close friends, I mean, a bunch of other famewhores she hardly even knows, see ya next week!

I wonder what exactly is Bethenny's reality. I have a feeling it's a scary place for all those involved.

• Love 10

I am laughing at Dr. Idontknowhowtoskipperaboat

My guess is during the summer months the time apart may be extended to allow the parents to travel with the child on exciting vacations both foreign and domestic.  I am just jealous that Bethenny got to go to Galapagos.  I would also be interested to see how the women were assigned their cabins aboard the Silver Galapagos.  By age, closeness to the host, fame, cup size?  The women of RHONY and RHOBH have little fits over accommodations.

• Love 3

I'm sure that Bryn was well cared for by her dad (and possibly her grandparents) while B was away.  I'm also sure that every parent deserves some fun time when he/she isn't caring for the children. We have family members who do the same thing and good for them.

My point in posting the PageSix article was to counterpoint B's crying/sobbing/meltdowns about being away from her child. She has stated many times that when she's not with her daughter, she's working and catching up on work so that she can spend all of her time with Bryn when it's her custody time. I also realize that I don't live the jet set life that B does but holy cow, this whole trip, all be it fancy, with these people seems like such a low down, sleazy, decadent way to spend your time. It actually makes my skin crawl to think of what's happening on that rich yacht between those rich people and all of those hangers-on. It just seems to me that B could spend her time on more worthwhile endeavors like helping people less fortunate than she, reading a book, working at at a soup kitchen, looking for a place to live in NYC,  seeing a reputable psychiatrist, seeing a child psychiatrist etc. Ok, I'll stop now.

• Love 6

I created an account here to report an interaction I just had with Bethenny on Twitter. I thought it was hilarious that she mentioned going to Forever 21 with the Hiltons. I go there all the time despite being much older than 21 and I loved the RHOBH crossover. It reminded me of when the show was more relatable.

My tweet: @Bethenny Please name drop more! Talking about the Hiltons felt like vintage Housewives #RHOC

Her response: Robert Deniro told me never to name drop. Translation: shove ur negativity up yo ass.

I'm surprisingly bummed out by this response. I really was trying to compliment a fun moment on the show. I LOVE Bethenny and have since the first season.

I actually saw that on her timeline a few days ago and thought she was being ridiculous - and as others here and on Twitter have said, she seemed to totally not get your friendly tweet. I even went back there a few times to see if she had apologized. Guess she's too busy on the nouveau Playboy yacht.

I think Bethenny is wound so tight. I honestly think just being in a room with her would stress me out. It sucks she did that to you, but look at it this way, now you're like most of the NY housewives! If you ever meet Ramona or Luann or Heather you will have a way to bond with them. :)

• Love 7

I am just jealous that Bethenny got to go to Galapagos. 

Me too! It's a dream trip of mine.  

I would also be interested to see how the women were assigned their cabins aboard the Silver Galapagos.  By age, closeness to the host, fame, cup size? 

I am guessing room assignments are based on hotness, willingness to be videotaped, and propensity to engage in threesomes, foursomes, etc.  I would probably merit accommodations in a broom closet.  But can I still go?   I will hold the video camera if I have to! 

• Love 3

Bethenny sure is getting on well with Carol. I get the feeling they braided each other's pussy hair later that night......

Actually, I think it was just Carol doing the braiding (to try and get Bethenny to unwind, of course!), because if I remember correctly from last season, Carol's "South Florida" is bald.

• Love 3

Actually, I think it was just Carol doing the braiding (to try and get Bethenny to unwind, of course!), because if I remember correctly from last season, Carol's "South Florida" is bald.

I was trying to use Bethenny's quote from when she got irritated at Heather for talking about the Ramona is crazy topic too long. I imagine many woman these days keep very little hair down there.

• Love 2
(edited)

It seems Carole and Beth are still in the Galapagos islands and it's been over a week. I can't figure this woman out, nor do I care to.

If they're in the Galápagos Islands this week that makes sense to me. Jason probably has Bryn with him in Pennsylvania for Fathers Day.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
(edited)

If they're in the Galápagos Islands this week that makes sense to me. Jason probably has Bryn with him in Pennsylvania for Fathers Day.

She wouldn't be home by Monday and it's already over 1 week. I have no issue with a mother taking a vacation, but seems like she is a hypocrite.

She is also traveling with more than 8 people-one of her issues with T&C

Edited by BeachyMum
  • Love 4

She wouldn't be home by Monday and it's already over 1 week. I have no issue with a mother taking a vacation, but seems like she is a hypocrite.

She is also traveling with more than 8 people-one of her issues with T&C

And I doubt that she knows ALL the women on board either!  I wonder if she is telling them she "has to keep her wall up or else". LOL

• Love 6

Just to clarify, I don't think anyone here, myself included, hate single mothers.  And yes, single mothers have the right to take a vacation when their children are with their fathers - if they can afford to.  Unfortunately, many of them can't.

Secondly, as someone else posted,  the Galapagos Islands are not like a trip to LA.  A few years back I looked into a trip there.  It's almost a seven hour trip from the NY area to Ecuador - that's if you can get a direct flight.  Then, from there, it's another two hour plane ride to the islands.  The shortest time I could find for a trip was about 14 hours.  To my knowledge there are no commercial helicopters on the islands - there's no island tours like that, just a medivac helicopter from the military. 

Thirdly, Beth certainly implied that Jason wasn't a good dad with the hot dog testimony.  My opinion.  She's also has had a lot to say about her husband.  Her tweet from the islands is just another example of her put downs.  The guy is the pits yet she has no problem entrusting her daughter to him.  He's put her through hell.  I do think the truth is that she does trust Jason with Bryn but that's not how she portrays him.  To my knowledge, she has never said he was a good father since the divorce was filed.

Lastly, Beth is the one who has gone and on about her daughter being everything to her.  She freaked out on the sailboat up in Block Island about what would Bryn think if mom wasn't there when she woke.  What if something happened to her.  Well, what if something happened to Bryn when she was in the Galapagos.  And it would take her how long to get to her - A lot longer, a whole lot longer, than a flight from LA or Turks that's for sure.  IMO that's hypocritical.

Oh, and the sailboat excursion - I've been sailing all my life.  Been in Narraganset Bay.  They never were in danger.  The Coast Guard confirmed this. TowBoat US confirmed this.  If the Dr. was concerned about the shoals, use a compass if your GPS is out.  Are you safer in a cruise ship rather than a 49 foot sailboat.  Depends on a number of things.  That's a whole other debate.

Secondly lastly - I'll say it again, that cruise with the Hugh Hefner of the Hamptons is all kinds of yuk to me.

Many of you disagree with me on this but we're all entitled to our opinions.  Heck, that's what makes this place so interesting.  And fun.

• Love 8

Thirdly, Beth certainly implied that Jason wasn't a good dad with the hot dog testimony.  My opinion.

This no longer matters now that custody has been decided. If Bethenny refuses to drop off her child at Jason's place for his visitation, she is legally in the wrong.

Is she going to the Galapagos during a time where she has custody or not? If not, she is doing nothing wrong by trying to enjoy herself away from her child. 

Show me real evidence she was supposed to have Brynn for this time and I WILL castigate her.

• Love 4

This no longer matters now that custody has been decided. If Bethenny refuses to drop off her child at Jason's place for his visitation, she is legally in the wrong.

Is she going to the Galapagos during a time where she has custody or not? If not, she is doing nothing wrong by trying to enjoy herself away from her child. 

Show me real evidence she was supposed to have Brynn for this time and I WILL castigate her.

It does matter IMO.  Yes, Jason does have 50% custody but that has nothing to do with whether or not she thinks he's a fit parent. 

I've already stated that we're assuming that it was Jason's turn for Bryn.

And again, nothing wrong with her going on a vacation when Bryn is with her dad as I already stated.  It's the distance away she chose is what I find hypocritical. 

• Love 2

Yes, Jason does have 50% custody but that has nothing to do with whether or not she thinks he's a fit parent.

Sadly, if she genuinely doesn't think he's a fit parent, it really doesn't matter. She still has to hand her child off to him or else face legal action. If she is going on vacation on a week Jason is legally required to have custody - it genuinely doesn't matter whether she thinks he's a fit - if it's his time for custody, she doesn't legally get a choice about handing her off no matter how she feels about his fitness.

• Love 3

I created an account here to report an interaction I just had with Bethenny on Twitter. I thought it was hilarious that she mentioned going to Forever 21 with the Hiltons. I go there all the time despite being much older than 21 and I loved the RHOBH crossover. It reminded me of when the show was more relatable.

My tweet: @Bethenny Please name drop more! Talking about the Hiltons felt like vintage Housewives #RHOC

Her response: Robert Deniro told me never to name drop. Translation: shove ur negativity up yo ass.

I'm surprisingly bummed out by this response. I really was trying to compliment a fun moment on the show. I LOVE Bethenny and have since the first season.

That sucks. The "Queen of Funny" missed the point of where you going. On the bright side you got response. Copy, save and frame for the memories.

• Love 2

Sadly, if she genuinely doesn't think he's a fit parent, it really doesn't matter. She still has to hand her child off to him or else face legal action. If she is going on vacation on a week Jason is legally required to have custody - it genuinely doesn't matter whether she thinks he's a fit - if it's his time for custody, she doesn't legally get a choice about handing her off no matter how she feels about his fitness.

Yes, she does have to hand their child over.  Again.  That's not my point.  And that point is that if she's so concerned, why is she finding it ok to go so far away from her child.

Bottom line, we should agree to disagree.

(edited)

And that point is that if she's so concerned, why is she finding it ok to go so far away from her child.

If she isn't allowed to be near her child during Jason's custody, what difference does it make if she is in NY or the Galapagoes? She still can't see Brynn, correct?

And please don't argue emergencies because frankly I can cite personal experience where it didn't matter that there was an emergency when it came to custody issues because they CAN be that contentious, and if Jason isn't required to glue himself at his home during non custodial time then neither is Bethenny.

At least one other person has made an argument why a parent might find it relaxing to be away during a non custodial time. I personally wish at least one member of my family had the chance to take a trip without having to worry her kid's dad was going to "not feel like" dealing with his custody time and dump the kid back at her house.

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 3
(edited)

And again, nothing wrong with her going on a vacation when Bryn is with her dad as I already stated.  It's the distance away she chose is what I find hypocritical. 

If it's only about distance, the travel time is just under nine hours (from the Galapagos to Quito, Ecuador, 2.5 hours,  then to NYC, six hours five minutes) which is about the same time it takes to get to Victoria BC from NYC (anywhere from eight hours and fifteen minutes to eleven hours, depending on the carrier). Or if Bethenny wanted to, say, hike in the Redwood National Park in California, that would take anywhere from nine to thirteen hours travel back to NYC, depending on the carrier/drive time. Yosemite? A seven and a half hour flight ( not many direct routes)  + minimum ninety minute drive once you land in Sacramento. So really, in terms of where Bethenny *could* have gone, she picked the lesser of evils, turning up her nose at the time-eating decadence of visiting the National Park system.

ETA:

And please don't argue emergencies because frankly I can cite personal experience where it didn't matter that there was an emergency when it came to custody issues because they CAN be that contentious, and if Jason isn't required to glue himself at his home during non custodial time then neither is Bethenny.

Yes -- and (god forbid there be an emergency) being the guest of a stinking rich man means you have access to private jet travel, which would not be available to you in other situations.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5

If it's only about distance, the travel time is just under nine hours (from the Galapagos to Quito, Ecuador, then to NYC) which is about the same time it takes to get to Victoria BC from NYC (no direct flights on any carrier, United takes nine hours to get there, other carriers take over eleven). Or if Bethenny wanted to, say, hike in the Redwood National Park in California, that would take anywhere from nine to thirteen hours travel back to NYC, depending on the carrier. Yosemite? A seven and a half hour flight (again, no direct routes)  + minimum ninety minute drive once you land in Sacramento. So really, in terms of where Bethenny *could* have gone, she picked the lesser of evils, turning up her nose at the time-eating decadence of visiting the National Park system.

And (god forbid there be an emergency) being the guest of a stinking rich man means you have access to private jet travel, which would not be available to you in other situations.

That would be in a perfect world.  Get off a ship off the Galapagos Islands and schedule a flight to Ecuador and then to New York. If one can do that in nine hours - I applaud them.  Even in the world of a stinking rich man IMO that would be impossible.

But again, the point I'm making is being missed.  I don't care if Beth decided to go to Redwood National Park or any national park. She is the one professing to be so concerned about her child and being away from her.  If that concern is so genuine then why go so far away.

So I disagree.  And you can disagree and that's ok.

• Love 7

My bf is making me have Skinnygirl popcorn, and I had a (drunken) epiphany: Bethenney was forced by her investors to do the show.  They weren't thrilled with her at the meeting, or so it seemed.  Every scene she's in has some product being pimped.  She wants to be with her kids but for some mysterious reason can't.  

Clearly, she's being forced to do reality television by the people who licensed her brand.  Or that's what I'll go with right now.

• Love 3
(edited)

But again, the point I'm making is being missed. 

I'm not missing your point, I'm disagreeing with your point, and questioning whether travel time as "proof of motherly devotion" is  even a fair point to begin with.  When a child is with her father due to court mandated custody, I don't think a single mother needs to prove her devotion to that child by remaining in town (or within the sound of a dog whistle) to escape being accused of moral hypocrisy. And since Bethenny is not dependent on a covered wagon to done git her home,  her traveling time/professed love for her child -- and discomfort with the father of that child -- are not at odds with each other.  If she committed to spending six weeks away from her daughter, that would be one thing, but vacationing while the child is *legally removed from her care and placed in her father's hands, and on Father's Day weekend* is not in any way proof of moral hypocrisy. (If it were, any time a single mother spent away from her child would count up in that column -- Daddy's taking you for the summer? Well, Mommy must stay home to prove she doesn't fully trust Daddy as a caretaker!)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
(edited)

I'm not missing your point, I'm disagreeing with your point, and questioning whether travel time as "proof of motherly devotion" is  even a fair point to begin with.  When a child is with her father due to court mandated custody, I don't think a single mother needs to prove her devotion to that child by remaining in town (or within the sound of a dog whistle) to escape being accused of moral hypocrisy. And since Bethenny is not dependent on a covered wagon to done git her home,  her traveling time/professed love for her child -- and discomfort with the father of that child -- are not at odds with each other.  If she committed to spending six weeks away from her daughter, that would be one thing, but vacationing while the child is *legally removed from her care and placed in her father's hands, and on Father's Day weekend* is not in any way proof of moral hypocrisy. (If it were, any time a single mother spent away from her child would count up in that column -- Daddy's taking you for the summer? Well, Mommy must stay home to prove she doesn't fully trust Daddy as a caretaker!)

Again, I disagree, I don't think you're understanding my point.  And that's ok.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 2
(edited)

Again, I disagree, I don't think you're understanding my point.  And that's ok.

Your quote: "If that concern is so genuine then why go so far away." 

I do not agree that "going so far away" disproves genuine concern (about being away from her child, or her lack of trust in her ex husband's ability to care for her child, or any variation you've mentioned). That's the point you've made that  I don't agree is valid -- but if that is *not* your point, what is?

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
(edited)

I do not understand why "breezy424"('s) point is being transmuted and/or ignored.

Bethenny can go where and when she desires, BUT do not be hypocritical by caterwauling that Bryn may need you WHILE SHE IS WITH HER FATHER during your 4 day(s) or less Turks/Caicos trip as well as feeling overwhelmed by the company of 8 women. YET, all of that angst dissipates in a virtually similar situation--but a longER trip. It is NOT THE TRIP, it is the wildly DIFFERENT REACTIONS to the trips.

No one cares if Bethenny travels. But DO NOT USE BRYN AS AN EXCUSE FOR ONE TRIP while "pitching a fit", but for another that is longer and just as crowded send a burst of tweets and photos emphasizing the enjoyment you are experiencing/that is occurring EVEN THOUGH BRYN IS NOT PRESENT.

Once again, it is NOT the Galapagos trip. It is the DIFFERENT REACTIONS to said similar trips.

It is the Hipocrisy IN the Reasons.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 17

It seems Carole and Beth are still in the Galapagos islands and it's been over a week. I can't figure this woman out, nor do I care to.

Isn't Carole suppose to working on a book?  It seems she gets out of writing blogs because she is behind on her book but taking a cruise doesn't interfere with the progress?

• Love 4

Yes, she does have to hand their child over.  Again.  That's not my point.  And that point is that if she's so concerned, why is she finding it ok to go so far away from her child.

Bottom line, we should agree to disagree.

That would be in a perfect world.  Get off a ship off the Galapagos Islands and schedule a flight to Ecuador and then to New York. If one can do that in nine hours - I applaud them.  Even in the world of a stinking rich man IMO that would be impossible.

But again, the point I'm making is being missed.  I don't care if Beth decided to go to Redwood National Park or any national park. She is the one professing to be so concerned about her child and being away from her.  If that concern is so genuine then why go so far away.

So I disagree.  And you can disagree and that's ok.

I get your point,  it does seem strange that she embarks on an international trip without Bryn.  On the bright side maybe she is getting better and accepting that she and Jason agreed to a custody arrangement where the non-custodial parent can take a week long holiday.  To me the hypocrisy is why is she on this ship of fools? It just sounds depressing being on a cruise that's hand selected passengers are all females and look good in a bikini. She is lucky Carole is there. It just seems so un-Bethenny.  The old Bethenny would be making fun of this situation.

• Love 5
(edited)

Your quote: "If that concern is so genuine then why go so far away."

I do not agree that "going so far away" disproves genuine concern (about being away from her child, or her lack of trust in her ex husband's ability to care for her child, or any variation you've mentioned). That's the point you've made that I don't agree is valid -- but if that is *not* your point, what is?

Because this woman has cried endlessly that going to the corner store without her kid causes her to break down and sob on the floor. One would think that due to that kind of emotion alone she wouldn't be able to step foot on a plane to head out thousands of miles away in the middle of nowhere. Who knows, maybe in between ex husband bashing and yoga she's sobbing away on the Lido deck.

Then again, just like her fake boat trip before, maybe what we're seeing on tv isn't the real Bethenny.

Edited by hottesthw
  • Love 8