Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

Back when I had body hair, my rechargeable razor would freak out the cats, and if I turned it on and laid it on the bed or floor, ShuShu would do that whole "winding up my courage" dance before SMACKING it and then running. Made me laugh and laugh.

• Love 8

Snip is obsessed with string.  Last night I discouraged her from chewing on my sweatshirt cord, and then discouraged her from chewing on a loose thread on one of my towels.  Apparently this annoyed her quite a lot, because when I went to bed she walked up from the foot of the mattress and punched me in the nose.

• Love 14

Even my kitties are getting rather impatient waiting for Spring.  Onyx goes to the front door sidelight and paws the glass when the sun is shining, as I always open it for her in the warmer months, so she can lay in the morning sun on the area rug in the foyer.  She sees the sun and can't understand why I'm not opening the door for her.  This morning it was 28 degrees.  

Her sister Pearl keeps dancing around in circles at the door to the screened porch at about 4pm, when the afternoon sun is streaming in.  I open the door, she shakes her front paws (they always do this when entering cold air - anyone know why?), walks out and sniffs the air.  About two minutes later, she's pushing her way back through the door to come in.

Kitties and Mommy are getting rather impatient and a little crabby this year.

C'mon Spring!

php10C7d6PM.jpg

• Love 10

I'm a bad kitty mama. I totally spaced Pearl and Wren's 6 month mark. I was counting from when we got them instead of when they were born. So, huge shock and chagrin Monday afternoon when Wren went into heat. Facepalm. She's happy and confused, pulling herself along the carpet and purr-trilling to everyone and being friendly to people, animals, and objects. The adult cats treat her like she's drunk at a party and they're embarrassed for her. Pearl isn't in heat yet, but has been trying to hump Wren and seemingly a bit punchy herself. Finn is goofily confused by his sisters' behavior (thank God we got him snipped 2 months ago), and stares at them like he's wondering WTH? The vet said their next batch of surgeries is April 6 and she'll be out of heat within 3 to 5 days. So, the girls have a date with the doc. Pearl may very well go through heat herself by then. Wren has been more reserved than the others, so her rubbing up against me in bed and trilling at me is kinda fun, but I have apologized to her. Bad me!

• Love 9

This is what the internet was invented for - why do I think you'd find youtube videos of similar drunken cats?

Kook ended his 4 day hunger strike yesterday - he's been protesting not getting his dry food mixed with yogurt once a day.  He's been eating a LOT less than normal - maybe a cup of dry food in total per day.  Eventually he just refused to eat - after the second day, I started picking up his food bowl and putting it away until it was the next regularly scheduled feeding time.  I know that sounds horrible of me, but at times he is as stubborn as Great Pyrenees breed descriptions indicate so I have to not cave or he'll be boss of Casa De'Lurker and I'll be living in Case de Kook.

He's still getting his normal amount of exercise, but sometimes I can tell he just does not feel well.  So I don't think he suddenly developed a food allergy which is why the vet had me switch foods, cut out any treats or non-approved foods.  So we'll go back to the vet to see what else might be done.

• Love 7

A friend on FB shared a humorous list of pet names inspired by celebrities. Some of them made me chuckle so I'm sharing here. I cannot believe I never thought to name a cat "Cat Benatar" since I was such a huge fan of hers growing up!

1. Ali Cat
3. Angelicat
4. Cat Benatar
5. Catalie Portman
6. Catsy Cline
7. Chairwoman Miao
8. Cindy Clawford
9. Clawdia
11. Empress
13. Halley Purry
14. Hello Kitty
16. Jennifurr
17. Jessicat
18. Katy Purry
19. Kitty Poppins
21. Meowly Cyrus
22. Miss Thang
23. Oprah Whisker
24. Pawdrey Hepburn
25. Puma Thurman
27. Tabbytha
28. Veronicat
29. Whispurr

Funny Male Cat Names
30. Anderson Pooper
31. Bing Clawsby
32. Bob Meowerly
33. Butch Catsidy
34. Cat Damon
35. Cat Sajak
36. Cat Stevens
37. Catpernicus
38. Catrick Swayze
39. Chairman Meow
45. Fuzz Aldrin
47. Hairy Potter
48. Jean Luc Picat
49. Jude Paw
50. Leonardo DaFuzzy
51. Lucifurr
52. Luke Skywhisker
54. Mr. Meowgi
55. Notorious C.A.T
57. Picatso
58. Santa Claws
59. The Great Catsby
60. William Shakespaw

Anderson Pooper
Bark Obama
Bark Wahlberg
Billie Howliday
Brad Sit
Diggy Azalea
Dog Johnson
Jack London
James Earl Bones 
Jim Barksons
L.L. Drool J
Katy Pawry
Ma Barker
Notorious D.I.G. (or Diggie Smalls)
Pawtrick Stewart
Rosa Barks
Ruth Bader Ginsbark
Sir Francis Bacon
Snarls Barkley
Queen Elizabark
Vera Fang

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 4

The cat-cat learned how to play fetch last night! He's almost 5. It was so much fun watching his inner kitten come out and play. Of course the kitten-cat decided the game of fetch was meant for him, much like all toys and play time are meant for him. Redirecting doesn't work.

• Love 7

Bilgisticat fetched. Little girl fetches. Both of them just started doing it with no prompting from me. Little Girl brings me her toys when she wants to play. I find them in the bed because she's brought them to me when I was asleep. She will fetch for half an hour before tiring out.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, bilgistic said:

Bilgisticat fetched. Little girl fetches. Both of them just started doing it with no prompting from me. Little Girl brings me her toys when she wants to play. I find them in the bed because she's brought them to me when I was asleep. She will fetch for half an hour before tiring out.

I've had two cats in my life that fetched.  Years ago kitty loved to chase after and bring back hair elastics, and current kitty loved to chase and bring back yarn balls & small mice with beans in them.  Current kitty is 12 now and arthritic, so play time is pawing at, mostly watching the Cat Dancer toy.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, bilgistic said:

I find them in the bed because she's brought them to me when I was asleep

I find toys in my bed too. Usually they're accompanied by the kitten-cat nosing them under my hand and/or pawing me in the face so I wake up to play with him.

Speaking of - the kitten-cat is currently mewing his little head off so I go look (I'm such a sucker). He's on my bed with his ball wanting me to throw it. I really try not to associate my bed with playtime but he's so cute!

Edited by theredhead77
  • Love 2

It was a perfect 70 degrees, sunny with a slight breeze spring day today so I decided to take Ella out for a walk. We got as far as the dirt patch on the left side of my patio before she plopped herself down. Look how thrilled she was to be outside, catching the breeze. Can you just tell that she LOVES her little pink harness?!

29512856_10156246840979907_1290691743993664596_n.jpg

29683696_10156246840839907_750262601031191429_n.jpg

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 20

It was nice knowing you @AgentRXS.

Over the weekend I saw two medium sized kittens and mom cat. I guess the woman who was caring for the mom cat never got her fixed. I am going to have to find a feral organization to see if they can come trap, fix and release the kitties. I am a super HSP (highly sensitive person) when it comes to animals and it's highly distressing that the mom kitty (or her mom) probably had a home and hooman only to be dumped when they moved.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, theredhead77 said:

It was nice knowing you @AgentRXS.

Over the weekend I saw two medium sized kittens and mom cat. I guess the woman who was caring for the mom cat never got her fixed. I am going to have to find a feral organization to see if they can come trap, fix and release the kitties. I am a super HSP (highly sensitive person) when it comes to animals and it's highly distressing that the mom kitty (or her mom) probably had a home and hooman only to be dumped when they moved.

I peruse my local communities online site that has a classified section.  In the Pets, someone has posted 5 kittens that need a good home and says their parents live with them.  Clearly, you don't have your cats fixed and let them reproduce with kittens you don't plan on keeping.  That triggers me.

• Love 9

My daughter wanted to buy a cat tree at Petsmart. I said $119? No.  

So we built our own. $40, five feet tall. I’ll put up a picture at some point. 

I should point out that the cat “attacked” me twice while I was building it. Not helpful. 

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, riley702 said:

The cat just wanted you to hurry up!

Heh. The cat saw me on my side, trying to finagle a drill in a tight angle and thought, “he is vulnerable, I’m going to bite him.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Bird update: Cowbirds mobbed one of the feeders today. As far as I know, it was their first visit to the ABay All Bird Buffet. They do not share and chased off even the sparrows. For a while, anyway. A squirrel refused to be baffled any longer by the squirrel baffler and managed to get up to the tray feeder, the little son of a bitch. It might be time to invest in a slinky, if I can find one.

Cat stuff: You might recall that girl cat had a bout of constipation some time ago, blessedly cured by the recommendation her of Miralax. Everything had been going smoothly until yesterday when their was no solid output in the litter boxes, and the same this morning. My dilemma is, do I wait and hope it passes on its own, so to speak, or mix some Miralax in water and squirt it down her throat? She gets a pill everyday so we're both used to the brief ordeal.

• Love 1

Captain has taken to trying to wake me up in the middle of the night to feed him lately. Not sure what has gotten into him. He does eventually get me to wake up enough to where the pee monster forces me to get out of bed and I mutter things at him while making my way to the bathroom then back to bed. He's not really a butt in the face guy when it comes to me but when a particular friend comes over who helps with stuff around the house sometimes he'll show off his butt to her while lounging/etc. in her lap.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ABay said:

Bird update: Cowbirds mobbed one of the feeders today. As far as I know, it was their first visit to the ABay All Bird Buffet. They do not share and chased off even the sparrows. For a while, anyway. A squirrel refused to be baffled any longer by the squirrel baffler and managed to get up to the tray feeder, the little son of a bitch. It might be time to invest in a slinky, if I can find one.

Hee! The joys of feeding birds. Squirrels are relentless. Cowbirds are jerks. Hang in there. 

• Love 1