Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

The top could be made of sturdy material and the side handles/latches are not that impressive, but I paid $16 at Walmart for it and it has a smaller footprint then most of the other hooded models I've seen which fits my space for it.  About the same size (L x W) of a Bankers Box so 15 x 12ish.  That is what I used to use to hold the litter pan in a futile attempt to keep litter from being flung far and wide - just the box part, not the top.

It is by Arm & Hammer and I got the large (smallest size they sell I think).  Sir Robin is about 10 lbs so it has plenty of room for him.

• Love 3

@deemac What beautiful fur babies. I just love how your kitty lays on top of your dogs! Ebony Moon indeed has a beautiful coat. He looks (shape and size wise) like my Big Boy. Thank you for sharing. 

Edited to add: How adorable that your kitties seem to be huggers! 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 2

Thank you.......the real huggers are Gypsy and Charlie C.  But I can't get a pic since it's ME they're hugging lol.

With all my pets I think I'll be a regular here from now on!

• Love 5

His sister Little Girl (their real names are in a different language) 

376EBD81-3789-46E1-B223-60AF520A2D1D.thumb.jpeg.5bb3efcf198354ccf15604c938d555a9.jpeg

My thanks to @SuprSuprElevated who gave me the shrink photo website or this would not be possible by someone who has the technological skills of a goldfish (my thanks also to the poster who originally posted that phrase). 

• Love 14

Ha ha mindthinkr......BG above was a stray I brought in one Dec after snow......there were red tailed hawks here then and he was too visible and too small.  Didn't mean to keep him in but he had no intention of going back out.  Initially he was to be baby girl because I was just out of names.....then big guy but he didn't get very big, just normal size.  Now  he's just BG lol.

Love love love black cats (those are older pics of Ebony.....his whiskers are now white and around age 12 his eyes turned green instead of yellow.  have no clue why)

• Love 3

Piles of interspecies snuggling for the win!  (Although the pile of big dogs with one on top of the other two is a very close second.)  Thanks for sharing your pictures; what a cuddly crew you have.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Maharincess said:

I have a question, what does "hooman" mean? 

Human.  It's an I Can Has Cheezburger? type thing, where that's the cat's version of the word (yeah, right - like cats would misspell).  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Human.  It's an I Can Has Cheezburger? type thing, where that's the cat's version of the word (yeah, right - like cats would misspell).  

What? No, a chihuahua misspells...not a godlike cat. Remember The Egyptians used to worship them and they have never forgotten that. 

Lol

• Love 4

Exactly; if cats deigned to write (rather than amusing themselves by watching us learn their language), they would spell correctly, put apostrophes in the right place, and use serial commas.

• Love 5

P.S. I know. Crappy photo but it gives you a chance to use your imagination. 

Just now, bosawks said:

If Alli tried to spell human it would probably look more like t-r-e-a-t.......

Kitties would spell it T-E-M-P-T-A-T-I-O-N-S. Don’t you know that kitty crack is addictive. 

• Love 4

I'm limiting myself to one post a day now (photography is my hobby and my pets are my easiest victims).

Smudge and Cinnamon snuggling or attempting to snuggle (that too small cat tree has been laid to rest)

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_3018.jpg

• Love 16
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

@deemac, I love the cuddling pictures! I'm jealous too - my cats barely tolerate each other. If they are on the same surface touching we have to move one lest world war 3 breaks out. 

Not always.  Cinnamon and Sterling absolutely hate my pretty girls that I have to keep in the computer room with the bunnies (Sterling loves bunnies but tough luck if he wont't behave and while my old Rottie ignored the bunnies I don't trust my current dogs.  The old dog ignored squirrels but these hate them)  Smudge is a prankster and will start something and then disappear to watch, probably laugh at, the results.  My pretty Gypsy was a general population cat till Smudge.....he terrified her.  Everyone is spayed and neutered so I'm clueless.  Gypsy and China Doll (my pretties) are and have always been quiet and totally non confrontational.

• Love 3

@deemac, they are wonderful! I love them trying to both fit on the tree. Your white kitty's mismatched eyes are beautiful!

My late cats were three years apart. They just tolerated each other. They both slept in the bed with me, but never touched. Sometimes in the winter, they'd get under the covers with me and one would lay in the crook of my knees and the other would be my little spoon. I miss that.

My girls now sleep together most if the time either in the window seat or in bed with me. They either make a cuddle pile and I arrange myself around it, or they lay on either sides of my legs so I'm trapped. It's tough luck if I have to pee.

• Love 6

My pretties.  China Doll (originally named princess, not so original) is my blue eyed baby that the shelter/rescue was carrying around Pet Smart to show how sweet she was.  Why a six month old beautiful sweet kitty was at a shelter eventually became obvious.  She had dental problems (took a second vet to diagnose) tooth resorption.  They tried to save some but eventually she had to go toothless (this was years ago....she's fine that way).  She also has claw problems....the grow super long and will curve back into her paw beds unless kept clipped.  She's sweet and quiet and has to be kept separate from my more rambunctious others.

Gypsy was at a shelter I did some volunteer work at while recovering from eye surgery.  She was NOT the cat I'd gone in to adopt but she picked me and would not leave me alone....jumping on my back if I leaned down to another cat, pushing herself under my hand for any petting I attempted on another.  She's my sweet lap baby that gives me hugs and pushes at my mouse hand.

They don't often snuggle with each other but I love it when they do.

IMG_5077.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

• Love 16

Beautiful girls!

My sister has seven cats. She just keeps taking them in. She owns her home, so no one can tell her to not have x number of animals. The place is clean and the cats are happy and healthy. My nieces are 15 and 19 and love kitties. They have brought home a few members of the brood.

• Love 5

This is the kitty I'd planned on adopting when Gypsy hijacked me.  Never got to even find about her personality with Gypsy's interference but I had fallen in love with that face.  Just wasn't comfortable bringing home more than one grown cat to my others (5) at that time, new cat is always an iffy situation.  But it was a kill shelter and I still can't help but wonder.  

smile-cat.jpg

• Love 7

Started a part time job yesterday and I swear (only 4 hours a day) every dog and cat living here acted like I'd abandoned them for weeks!  Bunnies just wanted to know where their greens were (carrots in am, hay continuously, greens and pellets in the evening....you could set your clock by them!

They were a bit better today lol.

Gypsy looking pretty.....I faked the eyelashes.

And Happy Birthday Alli.......except for my sister dogs and Cinnamon the cat I have no idea any birthdays on my pets

gypsy-eyelashes.jpg

gypsy-my-sunbeam.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

On 5/1/2018 at 3:25 PM, bilgistic said:

Beautiful girls!

My sister has seven cats. She just keeps taking them in. She owns her home, so no one can tell her to not have x number of animals. The place is clean and the cats are happy and healthy. My nieces are 15 and 19 and love kitties. They have brought home a few members of the brood.

Uh.....I think I have 8.  I'll have to count.  3 dogs and 4 bunnies but 2 bunnies are very elderly

• Love 11
(edited)

Alli says thank you for all of your birthday well wishes which we celebrated with a Rita’s Water Ice and a walk!

B17E2B2F-14D5-41B4-855F-E4850404A9F0.jpeg

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, bilgistic said:

She reminds me of my calico/tortie who passed away in September 2015. Same floof and colors on the face. 

0315151249a_crop_423x483.jpg.e922c31d1bce1eb8300f7bd41cb0dda2.jpg

Oh she is truly beautiful

• Love 7

Kokuma joined my oldest brother and I for coffee this morning.  We meet on Fridays at a place near both of us and this morning was overcast and not hot, so I could brought Kook.

My brother (and his wife) are not pet people.  They don't hate animals, but they just don't get the value added to a lot of our lives by having one.

Since Kook and I walked, I was a few minutes late and my brother was already there, but inside.  We picked an outdoor table, he got settled and I went in to order my coffee.

When I came out he said if he were a single guy, he would understand the appeal of having a dog like mine since Kook attracts a lot of female attention. 

Later on a woman with a young boy approached and asked if he could say hi to the dog.  Since Kook loves people and is exceptionally gentle with small children I said sure but gave her fair warning that he sheds a lot.   Kook received a goodly amount of pets and praise.  I think he actually impressed my brother by being so gentle with the boy (who was very timid and did not make a sound at all when he was near us).

When it was time to go, my brother asked if I wanted a ride home.  Since he knew I had my large dog with me, that would mean allowing an animal in his vehicle.  I declined, because I was pretty sure he was trying to shock me into a heart attack or had been turned into a pod person.

In other Kook news, he got a bath yesterday.  Because he is no fan of water nor baths, he attempted to hide.  Much to his surprise, I was not fooled and found him underneath the dining room table.  Given he is 70 lbs of white fluff, his best chance of hiding is in a flock of sheep (what Pyrenees were raised for) or in a snow storm. 

• Love 14