Type keyword(s) to search

Nina Garcia Disapproves of You

• Start Topic

She needs to go. Can't stand her sour face. And she needs to finish forming her sentences in her mind before she starts speaking. I hate her 1.5 words per minute way of speaking.

She'll try to cling onto this PR gig for as long as she can, because she knows without it, she has zero star power or charisma to retain her current fame, so she'll just fade back into obscurity in a heartbeat. Unless TPTB wakes up and gives her the boot, she's here to stay.

Hi all, 

I'm new to the forum and have done a quick search but couldn't seem to find relevant information. 

Does it exist anywhere on this forum the discussion of Nina Garcia's outfit in Project Runway? She always appear on the show in chic style and I would really like to know the what she's wearing. For example, does anyone know what is the brand of this black jacket she wore in the Finale part I? Thanks!

ScreenShot2014-10-26at123102PM.png

I took a subscription to Marie Claire as the least bad premium offer from some points-based card.  I am a "woman of a certain age" who also subscribes to Vogue...at least I did until I saw Kardashians and Biebers in every issue...now that subscription will end too.  Marie Claire is seriously the worst.  The.Worst.  I can't decide which was worse: the ugly models, the ugly features, the ugly layout.  Looking at a fur feature in JULY was...indescribable.  In Vogue, if you are looking at the prices, for the most part they give you them: proudly in the thousands of dollars.  Marie Claire would be so coy...."prices upon request."  I happen to think Nina Garcia is a classy, well-dressed woman with very nice taste.  but her magazine is just bad.

• Love 2

I still stand by my reply one year ago in this thread. This season just further hammers how much I can't stand this woman. She clearly doesn't want to be involved with the circus act that this show has become but still willing to stick around for the paycheck and fame.

• Love 2

Does it bother anyone else that Marie Claire is said like "Mary Claire"?  Every time Heidi or Nina says it I feel like they're saying it wrong, but one would assume that Nina would know how to pronounce the name of her magazine....

• Love 1

I will say that Nina usually looks great and I do admire her sense of style

because...of course..she does NOT wear the junk she professes to love so much and praise

I find it so silly that she worries endlessly and berates designers for the "m" word (matronly)...and "Mumsy"

She is 50 years old LOL

I will say that Nina usually looks great and I do admire her sense of style

because...of course..she does NOT wear the junk she professes to love so much and praise

I find it so silly that she worries endlessly and berates designers for the "m" word (matronly)...and "Mumsy"

She is 50 years old LOL

I think Nina's weird obsession with dressing like a teenaged hipster is kind of silly, but for a fifty-year-old mother of two, she looks pretty good.

Nina has been promoted to Editor in Chief of Elle.  It will be interesting to see if she continues on with the show with her new role and of course if it changes the Marie Clair sponsorship of the show

• Love 3

She was pretty much frozen out and then fired from Elle the last time, so this is an interesting turn of events.

The main people involved in that whole mess are gone, so she's coming backwith an almost clean slate.

• Love 1

Just hearing Nina accuse a look of being "suburban" in the previ, with the disdain dripping, irritates me to no end.  We are sorry that some of us live in the suburbs rather than NYC. If we dressed editorial, we'd be mocked, but I guess we are mocked regardless, based on Nioa's attitude.

• Love 5
On 4/13/2019 at 6:28 AM, sunshine23 said:

Just hearing Nina accuse a look of being "suburban" in the previ, with the disdain dripping, irritates me to no end.  We are sorry that some of us live in the suburbs rather than NYC. If we dressed editorial, we'd be mocked, but I guess we are mocked regardless, based on Nioa's attitude.

To be fair, it was an urban streetwear challenge, so suburban wasn't going to cut it.

That said, she isn't always right about what's really on trend. I loved when Zac Posen set her straight regarding what girls are wearing to prom.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

To be fair, it was an urban streetwear challenge, so suburban wasn't going to cut it.

That said, she isn't always right about what's really on trend. I loved when Zac Posen set her straight regarding what girls are wearing to prom.

Very true. In this case the words made sense. I guess its just thet way she says it, as though being suburban is ain against humanity. For someone who's career partially depends on suburban women watching or reading her, and who often looks like she hasn't met a hairbrush, she should think about her words and/or delivery a little more.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, sunshine23 said:

Very true. In this case the words made sense. I guess its just thet way she says it, as though being suburban is ain against humanity. For someone who's career partially depends on suburban women watching or reading her, and who often looks like she hasn't met a hairbrush, she should think about her words and/or delivery a little more.

Oh, the hair! In recent seasons it seems she (or her hairdresser) has finally discovered smoothing cream. For years her stringy flyaway mop drove me crazy!

• LOL 1