Type keyword(s) to search

Gary: The original Belden Lineman

• Start Topic

On 5/16/2021 at 6:31 PM, TheRealT said:

When Gary first got chickens Amber made a comment somewhere that he only got the chickens to spite her because she always wanted chickens (or something). People took to calling them Gary's spite chickens, now extended to his spite garden. (Everything is really all about Amber.)

Thanks!  That's hilarious.  Good example of "living well is the best revenge" not that Gary would know that, but just living his life has turned out pretty well for him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 9/19/2021 at 10:36 AM, jacksgirl said:

Haven't visited this site in months. Love the spite pictures. Gary and Kristina seem to be living good lives with their daughters. Good for them. Amber is livid with envy I imagine.

See, I think that would be a normal feeling for most people. I'm just not that sure that is how Amber feels about Gary and Kristina's life. There is a biiiiig part of me that feels that as long as she has a couch, the ability to order things online, and nothing to do, that IS her definition of a good life. Maybe even living one's best life. 

Edited by estellasmum
I hit enter before I was through with my thought.
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, estellasmum said:

See, I think that would be a normal feeling for most people. I'm just not that sure that is how Amber feels about Gary and Kristina's life. There is a biiiiig part of me that feels that as long as she has a couch, the ability to order things online, and nothing to do, that IS her definition of a good life. Maybe even living one's best life. 

So maybe being jealous of Gary and Kristina would sap Ambie of some vitally needed energy? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, estellasmum said:

I think Amber is envious of the image that Gary and Kristina have as functional, even good, parents, adults, and community members. She would love it if people saw her as that type of person rather than a nasty, lazy, crazy drug addict. However, I don't believe for one second that when she sees IG posts of Kristina taking Leah to the dentist, or even making cupcakes or something, she thinks, "I wish I could do that stuff with Leah. Even going to a dr.'s appointment would be an opportunity to spend time with her and I want her to know she can count on me to take care of her." She's enraged because she would like to post images of herself doing that stuff on SM. If Kristina offered to let Amber take pics of herself with Leah in the parking lot of the dentist's office, Amber would be more than happy to come to do that for 10 minutes, then leave.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

I can't believe she's 13 already. It's time for her to have privacy.

Yeah. These kids have basically lived The Truman Show since they were born. It must be weird for them reaching adolescence and starting to put together how warped that is, especially for TM kids like Leah whose parents/experiences are so fucked up. I was just trying to think of a TM kid whose parents/experience aren't fucked up and I couldn't come up with anyone except maybe Ryder, who is still pretty young and, hopefully, the show will be over by the time she's old enough to really understand what's going on.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, toodywoody said:

I can't believe she's 13 already. It's time for her to have privacy.

13 is already such a horrid age (or at least it was for me). I can’t imagine adding the humiliation of being on tv for millions of strangers. Not to mention her classmates and their families. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

13 is already such a horrid age (or at least it was for me). I can’t imagine adding the humiliation of being on tv for millions of strangers. Not to mention her classmates and their families. 

Agree. The only good thing is these are appropriate pictures of a happy, seemingly typical 13 year- old doing 13 year-old things. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5