Type keyword(s) to search

Who's Worse: Kody Brown or Brady Williams of My Five Wives?

• Start Topic

http://theashleysrealityroundup.com/2014/09/25/new-episodes-of-my-five-wives-to-feature-double-dates-new-additions/

So I just saw this today. Apparently the husband from My Five Wives is implementing "double dates" with his wives on the upcoming new season, basically forcing them to date him at the same time so that they can become better "friends." Seriously, he's just trying to get these women to scratch eachother's eyes out, right?

While Kody is a douche, he seems to be respectable in terms of giving each wife their own time. What do you guys think, who's worse, Kody or Brady?

Edited by ValentineHarts
  • Love 1

http://theashleysrealityroundup.com/2014/09/25/new-episodes-of-my-five-wives-to-feature-double-dates-new-additions/

So I just saw this today. Apparently the husband from My Five Wives is implementing "double dates" with his wives on the upcoming new season, basically forcing them to date him at the same time so that they can become better "friends." Seriously, he's just trying to get these women to scratch eachother's eyes out, right?

While Kody is a douche, he seems to be respectable in terms of giving each wife their own time. What do you guys think, who's worse, Kody or Brady?

Brady Williams, a multitasking fool. Emphasis on FOOL.

• Love 2

While Brady is nuts too, I truly believe that his heart is in the right place.  He really loves his kids, sees them everyday, and wants his wives to be close and happy.  And the icing on the cake is that he works!!  For the love of God, HE WORKS!!!!!

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 9

Yep, neither is a prize and pologamy is doomed to fail, at least as far as self esteem and happiness of the wives.  But I would say, the first word that comes to mind for Brady is skeevy and for Kody it is doofus.  It does seem that Kody is a little less controlling than Brady.

• Love 3

I'm actually starting to miss Brady and the fabulous dysfunctional 5 (not that the kody 4 are less dysfunctional). Just for variety, some new misery.  Palomar upthread said she sees Brady as more controlling but I'm not really seeing it- maybe it depends on one's own personality and life experience- he seems pretty tame to me.I don't see him as all that controlling though who knows what he is like off camera. I thought with that show you did really see the dynamics quite clearly of what each person has to do to try and survive and be noticed as well as the accompanying head games.

Some of women did seem shy, but I'm not sure that is Brady's fault or the paranoia of the culture in general or the beliefs that they used to have- I also thought they weren't going to have as many scripted 'field trips' and  parties as the Brown's as it was clear from 'safe talks' they really weren't hanging out or talking to each other much. I can't imagine what it would be like to have 5 spouses and 20+ children. Head spinning, need to take an aleve and lie down on the beach thinking about it.

Some people thrive on it though, I've seen it in non-plyg households, noise, kids running everywhere, animals of various kinds, TV or music on loud -never any quiet-but they don't seem to be bothered by all of it, they like it. I wonder if I too,would be driven to posting happy affirmations on every wall as if I were in some kind of asylum. The sheer chaos factor would be as bad, if not maybe worse, than the sharing part. Really think someone who is more introverted would have a hard time with all this in general. I'd be like, uhh all of you only get like 3 nights a week, I get my own pad, everyone has 1-2 kids and done. Don't know if I would even want a dog to add to the chaos.

• Love 2

Kody vs Brady is like comparing a worm-infested apple to a moldy orange. Brady is the shinier turd of the pile of shit, because at least he and three of his wives are employed, no one looks unhealthfully obese.

I also think Brady interacts more with his kids since he rotates wives on a daily basis. Neither guy is a prize, but I prefer Brady. Kody just doesn't spend enough time with his kids now that they all live in separate houses.

• Love 5

It really is. I really hate them both. Kody is an ass. Its all about him all the time. He doesn't care about his wives or

kids only how many he has of each. He has no problem stripping another man of his kids at the same time he

can't be bothered to be a dad to any of his kids. He doesn't nothing to parent or raise them. He can't be bothered

to work to support his family. He could have at any point stepped up to help Meri and Janelle with their

problems or Meri and Christine. But he didn't. I'm sure he helped add to them.

Brady does on the surface look better. He does have a job and many of his wives work. So he is working

to support his family. He's around them more and seems to care more. That family is together more.

But he wanted Rhonda to quit a job she loved. He gives permission to which wife gets to be pregnant

next and that's clearly not equal. Paulie and Nonie have the most kids. He has his favorites too Paulie

and Rhonda. He has zero interest in Robyn and Rosemary. He has no problem doing things to miss

time with those two his homework or something else. But always manages to make sure Paulie and

Rhonda does not. He's wasting money on a college degree for himself that will do nothing to increase

his income​ or anything like that. That's money that could be better spent on his kids.   

• Love 5

It really is. I really hate them both. Kody is an ass. Its all about him all the time. He doesn't care about his wives or

kids only how many he has of each. He has no problem stripping another man of his kids at the same time he

can't be bothered to be a dad to any of his kids. He doesn't nothing to parent or raise them. He can't be bothered

to work to support his family. He could have at any point stepped up to help Meri and Janelle with their

problems or Meri and Christine. But he didn't. I'm sure he helped add to them.

Brady does on the surface look better. He does have a job and many of his wives work. So he is working

to support his family. He's around them more and seems to care more. That family is together more.

But he wanted Rhonda to quit a job she loved. He gives permission to which wife gets to be pregnant

next and that's clearly not equal. Paulie and Nonie have the most kids. He has his favorites too Paulie

and Rhonda. He has zero interest in Robyn and Rosemary. He has no problem doing things to miss

time with those two his homework or something else. But always manages to make sure Paulie and

Rhonda does not. He's wasting money on a college degree for himself that will do nothing to increase

his income​ or anything like that. That's money that could be better spent on his kids.   

Even if you give everyone equal time, money, living space, however may kids they want (or don't) and so on, the thing you can't 'legislate' is how people feel. To me the Brady and his wives and his deal with each of them feels different than the kody and crew thing . I mean of course people are going to have a different dynamic with each person yeah even though the Rhonda limo and mirrored lets-get-it-on room kinda skeeved me out cause it probably isn't so, but it made it look like to viewers like oh ok their thing is mostly a playful sexual thing, got it, when actually I think he knew her before Paulie. That could be a TV side effect thing, what the show makes people think. Ni matter how 'fair' you try to  be, there's people you are going to have better chemistry with, whether it is romantic or hobbies or sense of humor- I suppose if you were to be in plyg-land you would just have to accept this, hey well, it doesn't matter that I'm smarter than Bobby-Sue or funnier or have bigger boobs or whatever, he just has more fun with her and likes something about her that I can't give him. Sucks to be me. What wouldn't suck is if he said, hey , why don't you and your friend Jean-Paul hang out when I'm at Bobby-Sue's house? Oh yeah, can't do that in plyg-land.

The other two you mentioned, Robin and Rosemary, its like it creates a vicious circle, they think and it might be so, they aren't getting enough or the right kind of attention, they get more needy or surly and that makes it harder for people to relax and enjoy their time together, not like they don't deserve to feel like that but you can see how it builds awkwardness if they are carefully watching every little thing you say and do and you are walking on eggshells.

I noticed that same 'adults-acting-like-little-girls' dynamic with the babyish style of squeaky talking and tantrums, which again seems weird to me. Most men in the regular world would say 'hey I like that you want me but that you act like a grown up, you tell me what's wrong not cry and pout'. It's obvious the whole patriarchal thing is heavily invested in keeping women child-like and dependent.

Still vote for Brady over Kody although we didn't really get enough time with Brady to build up years of seeing his BS. That said, if I had to make a list of why B over K it would be and not necessarily in order of importance: 

1) he's better looking though not as vain, he's not flashy like K.

2) even though he sometimes has the burnt-out vibe of Louis CK, it makes him seem more normal, rather than always having to be 'on' like the camera is there

3)  Even when he's failing, at least he seems sincere in it like he just doesn't know what the f*&* he is doing rather than bullsh*&ting

4)There is no way I could get behind the mentality of "i better step up my game, because wife # whatever is out for blood or has his eye' or whatever, the 7th grade competitiveness and girl cliques I saw more with Brown's. How hellish would it be to  sign up as oh hey this one wife brought me in and we're already buddies, so yeah, deal with it and I suppose it will be we two vs you two since I already know who doesn't like who here.  I don't know if the Brady women were friends or not but at least they weren't making a big pretense of 'whee see how great everything is see how we all work together, it's like a girl camp! ' and then you find out, oh wait, it's really not. At all.

5) Even if people think Brady's college courses are lame, and they might be a excuse to have time to not be around any of them, I get the feeling the guy reads and thinks about things, he doesn't seem as superficial as kody by far .  As far as IQ goes, who knows, sometimes people's personality can either obscure or seem to magnify this, people mistaking extroversion for intelligence. I suppose having social skills is a kind of intelligence, if manipulating people is a kind of 'intelligence'.

6) even when he screws up and doesn't act the same to all of them, he STILL doesn't seem as self-absorbed and just selfish , arrogant  "I'm so cool' thing as kody.

7) feel like they didn't give Brady's crew enough of a chance to build a viewership- yeah I know lots on here are loyal Brown fans fine, but to me it makes both shows more interesting to have them to compare- ok it's still plygs but it's way different personalities.

• Love 5

I would have loved to see more episode of the Williams family to see more of their
dynamic. They do seemed to be more together as family and spend time together. From
what we saw Robyn and Rosemary seemed to be close and Nonie and Rhonda seemed to
be close. Despite that Nonie tried to talk Rhonda out of adoption by using how
much more stress that would put on Brady, even though she knew she want to
get pregnant again.

I don't really remember Paulie being close to anyone. For being a favorite
she struck me as kind of sad for asking her college bound daughter to move
back in with her after she graduated. Paulie seemed surprised when her daughter
said no. Now maybe she's having difficulties with her third kid leaving for
college. But it seemed like she was hoping she'd move back in and surprised her
daughter told her no. The girl's going off to college and after that career or job
or whatever come next. She still has two or three kids at home, plus all her bonus kids.

Does she considered the kids all hers?  Do all the wives consider them all theirs?
Or step or whatever? Rosemary seemed excited about becoming a grandma. Are they
happy? Why do they keep adding more kids to the mix? There's what twenty-five,
twenty-six kids already. And nearly all of them still at home. That's a lot of kids

to take care of for the next twenty years.  After Nonie was "allowed" to have

another baby, Rosemary said she wished having another baby. Paulie

mentioned it at one point. And Rhonda of course wants to adopt.  How many

more kids do they want to add to the mix? Do they have anything else to

do besides have kids?

For Nonie I really feel like it was her way to win or something. To be tied with the most kids.
And/or get some attention from Brady. 

I'm not fan of Kody or his wives at all. Kody of the obvious reasons. He's an
ass who treats his family like crap. He doesn't work. He and his wives have
no problem racking up a huge debts that they'll never pay.

• Love 3

I find them both extremely repulsive. They use slightly different tactics to achieve their ends, but at the bottom they are two men who feel entitled to lord it over a harem of fawning, depressed, deluded, passive-aggressive women. May as well ask if I'd rather eat rotten pork or rotten chicken. Revulsion makes the.question irrelevant.

• Love 3

I have never seen the Brady show but I wouldn't say that Kody gives each wife their own time. He gives Robyn all the time and the other wives get any leftover scraps. I'm sorry but trips to the therapist for your anniversary does not constitute quality time when the main wife goes to Hawaii. 

• Love 3

Actually, when I watched "My Five Wives" I found myself thinking that Kody wasn't nearly as bad as Brady.  Now mind you, I cursed TLC for presenting someone who could offend me even more than Kody!  Brady repulsed me so badly on a visceral level I can't even believe it.  There is something smarmy and just plain weird about that guy.  His wives had less backbone than the Brown wives, and all the while he was presenting himself as this loving, totally concerned, egalitarian guy, I wasn't buying it.  The Kodouche at least acts like the brat that he is and doesn't push as much of a sensitive guy act.  When he wants to be king, he acts like he should be a king, not disguise himself as some sweet, loving guy that he's NOT.  I thought the Williams wives were even MORE unhappy than the Browns, I could feel it.  At least the Brown wives at times tease Kody and tune him out and find ways to exert their own power when he tries to push them into things.  They will talk back to him.  The Williams wives were totally snowed by that clown and buying his act.  The Brown wives at least seem fully conscious of Kody's ridiculousness most of the time even if they let him get away with murder.

• Love 3

I think I only saw one show with Brady so I may not have enough info for a valid opinion. I think it may be because the Browns have been on tv so much longer that I feel Kody is worse, but not by much. I didn't particularly like him or the lifestyle when the show started, but they seemed reasonably content in the house in Utah; it was only as the show moved on to Vegas that I wanted to slap all the Browns.  For me, the final straw is the divorce from Meri to marry Robyn. 

I

Edited by Twopper

Actually, when I watched "My Five Wives" I found myself thinking that Kody wasn't nearly as bad as Brady.  Now mind you, I cursed TLC for presenting someone who could offend me even more than Kody!  Brady repulsed me so badly on a visceral level I can't even believe it.  There is something smarmy and just plain weird about that guy.  His wives had less backbone than the Brown wives, and all the while he was presenting himself as this loving, totally concerned, egalitarian guy, I wasn't buying it.  The Kodouche at least acts like the brat that he is and doesn't push as much of a sensitive guy act.  When he wants to be king, he acts like he should be a king, not disguise himself as some sweet, loving guy that he's NOT.  I thought the Williams wives were even MORE unhappy than the Browns, I could feel it.  At least the Brown wives at times tease Kody and tune him out and find ways to exert their own power when he tries to push them into things.  They will talk back to him.  The Williams wives were totally snowed by that clown and buying his act.  The Brown wives at least seem fully conscious of Kody's ridiculousness most of the time even if they let him get away with murder.

I feel exactly the same way. Was it you, Snarklepuss, who agreed with my assessment of Brady the other day on another thread? Smarmy is the perfect word for the way Brady came off on the show. Ick! The sweet tender whispers to each wife in the mornings, and the faux, caring,  sensitive-man act he put on made my stomach turn. Or when he'd pretend to be "actively listening" to one of his wives concerns, but his eyes would be glazed over with a faraway detached look. Kody pisses me off, but if I were (for some bizarre reason) forced to marry one of them, it would be the Kodester hands down. Which is a good thing for Brady because I think he'd possibly end up suffering an accidental pillow-smothering incident on one of "my nights" :-D.

Edited by deedee2
  • Love 2

I feel exactly the same way. Was it you, Snarklepuss, who agreed with my assessment of Brady the other day on another thread? Smarmy is the perfect word for the way Brady came off on the show. Ick! The sweet tender whispers to each wife in the mornings, and the faux, caring,  sensitive-man act he put on made my stomach turn. Or when he'd pretend to be "actively listening" to one of his wives concerns, but his eyes would be glazed over with a faraway detached look. Kody pisses me off, but if I were (for some bizarre reason) forced to marry one of them, it would be the Kodester hands down. Which is a good thing for Brady because I think he'd possibly end up suffering an accidental pillow-smothering incident on one of "my nights" :-D.

LOL, yes it was me, I remember your post!  I loved how you mentioned his checked-out "dead" eyes, too, LOL.  Although contemplating having to choose between the two of them is just as stomach turning and having to suffer being married to the Kodester is only a nominal improvement at best, LOL.  At least I'd only want to kick him in the nuts on a regular basis, not off him completely!

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1

Despite the fact that Brady has a job, I cannot get past the simpering, disingenuous baby talk he uses on his wives. It makes my skin crawl every time he opens his mouth. Plus, as others have mentioned up thread, those dead eyes that look like they are staring up from a deep pit of depression and imprisonment creep me out.

Even though Kody can drive me crazy with his arrogance and sense of self importance, there is still an element of "the devil you know" at play here.

• Love 3

Okay, this seals it for me: a retweet, by Kody, on Oct. 22, that says

"Anything the government gives you was taken from someone else."

Go to hell, Kody Brown. And take your complicit wenches with you.

So when the Government granted them multiple bankruptcies and food stamp benefits does that rule still apply, Kody?
  • Love 4

So when the Government granted them multiple bankruptcies and food stamp benefits does that rule still apply, Kody?

I try not to look, but I see his stream on CJ's blog. He's constantly retweeting things that confirm for me that he sent along that one without a hint of irony.

Ass.

This article is from last year.  I saw the double date episodes and one of the wives did get pregnant.  They did a trip to Washington to visit his folks and talked about moving.  Have not seen anything that they will be back on TV this year.  Kody or Brady?  Meh.  Toss a coin.

Or.... the Brown wives may have just learned how to fake it and bullsh*t their way through things better, one from being on TV much longer, two, they learned from a better bullsh*tter.  It's funny how some of us like/dislike one or the other for whatever reason. One major reason I would go with Brady is he seems more low-key than Kody, though I suppose if Kody doubled his amount of kids and added another wife, he might be more low-key as well. I don't know though, maybe he would be even more manic.

I saw on the Brady and wives facebook page Brady's mom passed away this past week. Whatever you think of him, that's still really rough to deal with and I feel bad for him/them.  Also saw on their you tube the one wife Rosemary has a singing video, she has a nice voice, I can't remember if they mentioned her singing on the show or not.

Brady made me nauseous - literally.  He was that repulsive to me on a very basic level.  And the way his wives related to him made me queasy too.  It's not often that my stomach reacts so strongly just like that.  I've always trusted my gut, it's a great barometer.  I have no doubt that my stomach was reacting to something under the surface, like that he was really a self-serving bastard in sheep's clothing.  The kind that would act all wonderful on the surface but was secretly mentally abusing his wives.  They all seemed like classic victims in my opinion.  The kind so obsequious and brainwashed by his act that they actually believed they were not really being abused and deserved whatever they got from him.  I think there was enough evidence of this on the show, too.  It was obvious that he played favorites and that the wives were very unhappy with the situation all the while acting like everything was so wonderful.  I felt that they were more unhappy than the Brown women and were under a sort of mind control with Brady that the Brown women are not.  There was such a pall of sadness over that household you could cut it with a knife.  It's no wonder the show was cancelled.  Mr. Snarklepuss said he was convinced the guy had a secret torture chamber in the basement.  Sorry to hear about his mom's passing, though.

• Love 2

Looking at how it seemed the kids couldn't wait to escape made me feel something was more off than just the polygamy.  The Brown kids can laugh at Kody.  He may not like it, but are free to do it.  I can't imagine Brady's kids making fun of him without consequences.

• Love 1

Oh wow, Kody hates talking about all the wives' complaints about him?

Too bad, either he's the problem, or polygamy is, and they've already announced polygamy is ordained by God and makes everybody better, so I guess it can't be polygamy.

• Love 1

Oh wow, Kody hates talking about all the wives' complaints about him?

Too bad, either he's the problem, or polygamy is, and they've already announced polygamy is ordained by God and makes everybody better, so I guess it can't be polygamy.

My guess is that he thinks he is acting like Mr Cool Hardass by acting all "I'm too cool to listen to women giving me sh*t. " He didn't even say he is talking about the wives, he's talking about women, period. I'm sure he doesn't like being called on his crap. When you get called on your crap, you have to admit you might be wrong, that you might not have done things the best way, that you have royally screwed up. It happens. You don't act like a little kid who can't take his parents correcting him. You own it like a adult. You apologize, you look at  new ways to make things better. You tell people, hey if I start doing this again, stop me. And why do you do these things? Because you might actually give a sh*t.

• Love 2

this isn't about B or K but thought it was worth throwing into the ring. He means this in a gross way, right?

e1z0k.jpgI

Is this guy the one the Browns went visit?  Also, women don't need a hysterectomy because you "break them."  Idiot. 

• Love 2

Kody by far!!!!!  Brady at least shows no favoritism between all his wives. He loves them all the same.

It is disgusting to watch Kody be so fake to three wives he pretends to love them but has been so unfair and selfish by bringing in his fourth wife Robyn the wolf dressed in sheep fur. 
Robyn was intentional in everything she did and played the part so good pretending to be love🤮 All of her real intentions started to show in Arizona. 

She is such a fake skimming sister wife who supposedly loves and cares for her sister wives and their children! (selfish) You can tell she only wants Kody to her self. 
She knows when she says jump to Kody he jumps for her. It seems as if she was careless about pushing Kody to go be with his other wives, she never pushed Kody to go and be with his daughter that needed surgery😤 Why be so selfish? We all know she has that kind of pull (wink wink) 

If I was in her shoes I would have kicked that man out of my home!!! if supposedly her beliefs are Love for her sister wives and not just the man!! You make sure you make a stand and say you will not enter my home until you are having relationships with all of your wives and children. ( fake sister wife)

She’s selfish with the time her children spend with Kody.. Your children aren’t going to die Robyn! if they go a month with out seeing their dad!!! If he goes and tends to his daughter who needs surgery. 

I bet if it was Robyn kid having surgery Kody would have been their in a heart beat flying to a different country if needed 😠 Sad!! Shame on both Robyn and Kody!!

Robyn try going months with out having Kody come to your house you selfish fake sister wife!! 
Robyn showed her real emotions when Kody came back form Janelle Mother death.

She was so overwhelmed by Kody being gone 10 days 😒 try going months Robyn with out having Kody come to your house!! Selfish fake sister wife!!! 
Put your feet in the other wives shoes!!

Encourage that man to leave your house, it’s okay if he spends 2-3 weeks in another wife home!!! 

• Love 1