Type keyword(s) to search

S47.E03: Belly of the Beast

Rodney
  • Start Topic

On 10/3/2024 at 3:18 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

JJ on Good Times. Now that you said that I can't stop seeing it.

Not to me at all, because he has a long face and JJ had a round face, which is the very first thing my brain notices about people, though their extra broad grins are similar.  He has the same long face and red outfit (heh) as the current iteration of Jake from State Farm, though.

So because Rome suggested to Sol that Sol draw the continent, and then did it himself, Rome has shown Sol that he voted for Asia.  (I assume he only did one vote--don't remember how long his steal a vote was good for?)

Elsbeth is checking whether Jeff has dropped his balls, I guess.

Edited by Jobiska
  • LOL 3
23 hours ago, PaperTree said:

If the water is over your head, it doesn't matter how deep it is😎

Actually, it kinda does. Psychologically.

Think of it like having to walk a narrow plank over a gorge. If you had a wide bridge, and someone painted a one foot wide line down the middle, you could walk it easy, and never step outside the line. But if it's a one foot wide plank, walking it becomes terrifying, and you can barely make it, if at all. 

Same thing with water. If it's eight feet deep, and you're 5'8", it's over your head, but not that scary. If it's 100' deep, it's scary.

5 hours ago, meep.meep said:

I'm with you on the Sheesh!  But the bamboo has a very simple explanation:  they are in the exact same place season after season and the previous contestants cut it down.  If they were to leave Fiji and move to Samoa, for example, they'd be back to cutting their own.

Jeff said on one of the podcasts that they provide bamboo now. He also said they move camps every season. They have to, to keep from environmentally destroying any specific spot, and give them a chance to regenerate between seasons.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

I still long for the days of old challenges that were brains, brawn or fortitude…luck of the draw.  At least mix them in.  With puzzles and rolly ball in the holes being the ending of so many challenges rarely is the physicality of the first part of the challenge as big as it should/could be.  Only if a person seems to dominate does it lead to something.

I absolutely am terrible at those 3d cube stacking puzzles and slide puzzles.  I would have been ok with the seahorse format.  Some of the stuff is trainable but it seems sucky for it to come down to that.  Every time anyway.

sues mascara running threw me off.  What an awful personal item.  I noticed a lot of players legs were scraped up and had tons of bites on them already.  That would be awful.  Also eating 1/100 of a grilled neon tetra LOL

• Like 3
8 hours ago, astrohip said:

Jeff said on one of the podcasts that they provide bamboo now. 

I’ve been pretty certain for years that recycling a base amount of already-cut bamboo for the camps’ use would have to be boilerplate in TPTB’s contract with the Fijian government, else multiple seasons would inflict significant deforestation damage to the islands’ respective bamboo groves.

ETA: There’s nothing stopping Production from making it difficult on them, though - like, say, scattering the bamboo willy-nilly throughout the brush.  Anything to make the bamboo collection as little as possible like a trip to Home Depot, is what I’m shooting at….

Edited by Nashville
  • Like 6
  • LOL 2
On 10/3/2024 at 6:50 AM, violet and green said:

Rome is obviously very trying to live with - but I enjoy his toothy confessionals. He reminds me of someone from the past, but I can't place it.

Yes!

On 10/3/2024 at 2:18 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

JJ on Good Times. Now that you said that I can't stop seeing it.

Ditto

Screenshot_20241005_014456_Brave.jpg

• LOL 4

My issues with the "new era" Survivor are not related the season length, redundant challenges or even the camera preening contestants. It's all the various idols, beware advantages, journeys, etc. It's overkill IMHO and it makes the show difficult to follow, let alone play. 

For once, I'd love to them eliminate all of them without telling the contestants and have a season without any idols or advantages. Just a straight social experience. Oh, and starting with only two tribes as well.

Finally, I know Jeff wants to the star but tribal council takes up way too much of each episode. We're often left surprised by how the voting goes down because they don't show enough of the strategizing that occurred in advance at camp.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Finally, I know Jeff wants to the star but tribal council takes up way too much of each episode.

Yeah, I have to hit the Fast Forward on most of Jeff sitting there playing Dr. Phil like he thinks he still has a talk show. And I'm so tired of him saying over and over that Survivor is a "social experiment." We're 47 seasons into this thing, the experiment part is long over. It's like saying shampoo and rinse is a hair experiment. Not after you've done it a thousand times.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1