Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E19: Head of Household #6, Nominations #6

• Start Topic

(edited)

A new Head of Household is crowned.  Three houseguests are nominated for eviction.  The AI Instigator is revealed.

Edited by Rodney

Okay.  Who was over the T'Kor fawning not long after she won?  It's clear the house loves her, though.  She makes that F2, she stands a great chance of winning.

• Like 1
(edited)

While I'm not shocked that America picked Tucker (based on the way the broadcast have made him the Star of the Season), I am surprised because I had heard that "Quinn" had made Tubina part of the first AII announcement and that Rubina had been upset.  

Edited by Thalia
ETA after the show revealed the Quinn/Tubina comment

Tucker’s normal voice when he was reading the instigator card was so refreshing. Now why can’t he talk normally all the time?! 

• Like 11
(edited)
4 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

The cinematic music that went with the crying was just too much!

And all the crying is too much as well.  I hope they stocked a lot of Kleenix in that house.  

Edited by Thalia

America, I am disappoint.  Most annoying person in the house who non-casuals love, apparently.

Yeah I also could do without seeing Angela chomp on an apple thanks.

• Like 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Tucker’s normal voice when he was reading the instigator card was so refreshing. Now why can’t he talk normally all the time?! 

I still have trouble believing T'Kor's accent is real.   Or at least that she doesn't try to emphasize the British pronunciation.   She has more of an American accent when she's excited.  At least IMHO. 

Edited by Thalia
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4

Well Grodie finally gets her showmance of the season that Matt and Mak weren’t able to deliver. I’m still not understanding this next stupid twist. The HGs weren’t even told anything about the instigator. Are they supposed to guess who it is or is Tucker just going to continue making these rumors and the HGs continue believing that the rumors are made by America?

• Like 4

T'Kor must have some odd obsession with Chelsie.  She lied to her for weeks, and she still loves her.

Makensy, Quinn is no mastermind.  He can't be if everyone knows what he's about.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

It’s not over, but I am nominating this as the WORST episode of BB ever, and I am including every single clip show.

It is clear that these people are giving the editors nothing to work with, and/or these are some of the most annoying hamsters in history.

And why, pray tell, is Angela crying about going home when the nominations haven’t even happened yet?

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I just can’t with Angela’s histrionics any more, it is so annoying.

I was so on board with her being not happy about Brooklyn eating her charcuterie, but the only time I’ve been on her side.

• Like 11

So is TKor part British which causes her to only have an accent part of the time?

Also “as the pool has smalled” is one of the more interesting phrases I’ve heard. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 10
(edited)
7 hours ago, mojoween said:

And why, pray tell, is Angela crying about going home when the nominations haven’t even happened yet?

Probably because T'Kor, as her supposed ally, wasn't telling her anything, like an ally should do.  Probably made her paranoia ramp up again.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

Because the producers pretty much demand that the HG's go over the top.  Especially in the DR.  It is the reason Cedric was always shouting in there.

1 hour ago, mojoween said:

America, I am disappoint.  Most annoying person in the house who non-casuals love, apparently.

Yep.  The most hardcore site online (Jokers) ranks Tucker the most popular and has for weeks now.  He is my favorite and liked a lot here too.

But the over whelming majority of people voting these things are people who only watch on TV.  The people you call "casuals" (I don't like the term as it always sounds like a put down) also like Tucker a lot.

1 hour ago, mojoween said:

It’s not over, but I am nominating this as the WORST episode of BB ever, and I am including every single clip show.

It is clear that these people are giving the editors nothing to work with, and/or these are some of the most annoying hamsters in history.

Actually I find this cast the most entertaining in years.  Not since Brett ruined Rockstar's daughter's eve of her birthday have I laughed and enjoyed a cast as much.

And I loved the humor the audio editors had with the sweeping orchestra music for "The Angst of Angela" segment.  🤣

59 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

So is TKor part British which causes her to only have an accent part of the time?

I believe I read here that she spent a number of years in the UK and her accent is just a mix tape at this point.  Not uncommon in these cases.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, Thalia said:

I still have trouble believing T'Kor's accent is real.   Or at least that she doesn't try to emphasize the British pronunciation.   She has more of an American accent when she's excited.  At least IMHO. 

25 minutes ago, Skooma said:

I believe she spent a number of years in the UK and her accent is just a mix tape at this point.  Not uncommon.

I don’t care if T’Kor’s accent is real or fake. 
I don’t care if T’Kor spent part of her formative years growing up in London. 
I don’t care if T’Kor speaks in a dialectical mashup of Peachtree meets Whitechapel.

What do I care about?  Well, I care about the fact that whenever T’Kor starts flapping her gums I feel an overwhelming urge to mute the TV and turn on the closed captioning.  I care about the fact that with T’Kor winning HoH, the degree to which my ears are tortured increases exponentially.  And I care about the fact nobody appears to be targeting T’Kor, so I can expect this audial assault to continue without respite for the foreseeable future.

In short, I’m praying for the day SOMEBODY evicts this offensive tongue out of the House and out of my life - and if T’Kor finds it necessary to follow said offensive tongue out the FD, so be it.

(And to be totally fair, I’m pretty certain T’Kor doesn’t give a royal shit what I do or don’t care about.)

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 16
39 minutes ago, Skooma said:

I believe I read here that she spent a number of years in the UK and her accent is just a mix tape at this point.  Not uncommon in these cases.

If it’s not uncommon it’s still mind numbingly annoying. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I just can’t with Angela’s histrionics any more, it is so annoying.

I was so on board with her being not happy about Brooklyn eating her charcuterie, but the only time I’ve been on her side.

For the hysterics alone, Angela must be evicted. Her constant need to be the center of attention is making me tired.

FWIW, I also didn’t care that Brooklyn (and the others—she wasn’t the only one) ate Angela’s precious charcuterie. Angela was no longer HOH. The food was fair game. AND she was a have-not and couldn’t eat it anyway.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Rodney said:

Okay.  Who was over the T'Kor fawning not long after she won?  It's clear the house loves her, though.  She makes that F2, she stands a great chance of winning.

Omg, so over it. I don't  get it, she's seems a little  odd to me, and the crying? Wth? 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Rosebud1970 said:

AND she was a have-not and couldn’t eat it anyway.

Salami, cheese, etc. can keep in fridge for more than one week.  I think it still belonged to Angela even though she was no longer HOH.  I think she was hurt not because they ate it, but because they didn't even ask her first.  She probably would have let them have it if they had asked.  All that being said, Angela is my least favorite in the house and I hope they get her out soon.  So tired of the performative crying.

• Like 14
8 hours ago, Nashville said:

I don’t care if T’Kor’s accent is real or fake.

Well I care in that I can't figure it out.  She is driving me crazy.

It's like she learned English by watching old, early 1930's "talkies" with their versions of upscale Brit followed by Manhattan cocktail crowd followed by poor attempt at a Brooklyn accent followed by whatever. 

There are maybe 4 or 5 different accents all in the same sentence and none of them sound real.  At this point I just want to know which planet sent her down to earth and are her crocheted hats covering communication antennae to the mother ship.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
9 hours ago, Nashville said:

offensive tongue

I think that's the problem - she doesn't use her tongue in speaking.  It's basically glued to the floor of her mouth so that's where the accent gets jumbled.  

As said above, Angela's constant need to be the center of attention is exhausting.  To the point where I can't watch the live feeds with her, Tucker, or T'Kor because I can't stand any of them.  

I see what Tucker was trying to do with the Instigator role, but that was stupid.  I am curious what he tries next, but at this point I'm voting he gets nothing!

• Like 3

As I've said before, she's young enough for her accent to be changing. My sister grew up in Wales & Scotland (mostly Scotland) so she has a Scottish accent with a Welsh twang.

I on the other hand only lived in Scotland for 2 years (5 years older than my sister) but I have lived in the U.S. for 20 years but I still have my Welsh accent. It's because I was 40 when I moved & too old for my accent to change much if at all, just for some American words that are not used in the U.K.

So that's the why & if it annoys you wait long enough & it may change, just don't hold your breath waiting.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

It was nice to see how legitimately happy everyone was when T'Kor won HOH; it's obvious that people in the house really do like her a lot.  Too bad they'll all be fed up with her by the end of her reign as HOH! haha  Her accent is irritating, but not half as much as her insistence on wearing that chips-and-guacamole bowl on her head all the time.

Tucker as the Instigator makes sense (if not a little too -on-the-nose), but he really screwed up his first attempt; that was really bad.  No money for you, Tucker!  He needs to think these things through before pulling this off.

Just when I start to forget what a nightmare Angela was in the first couple of weeks of the show, she starts up again last night with the whole "I think I'm going home!" no-tear cry-fest.  Well, at least she's kind of unique and interesting in the House (unlike Mak, Leah, and Cam!).

Leah couldn't think of a single person who she'd like to see nominated?  I don't think that was an act; I think she's REALLY playing this game without a thought in the world regarding strategy, game-play, or sense of competitiveness.  I think she's simply on the show because she thinks everyone on America will just love her for her looks and "personality" (personality, in this case, being solely defined as "pretty girl").

• Like 3
13 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Also “as the pool has smalled” is one of the more interesting phrases I’ve heard. 

That's an accent? I thought she had a speech impediment.

• LOL 4
(edited)

I don't know how it played out in real life versus the edited version we saw, but with Angela dry-crying about thinking she was going home, it seemed she wanted T'Kor, Kimo and Rubina to immediately jump up and reassure her, hug her, pat her on the head, blah blah.  If they really did all just stare at her like a science experiment gone wrong for even a few seconds like we saw on the show, then good for them.  She's exhausting to watch on my tv for a few minutes every week, I can't imagine what she's like to live with 24/7 for 3+ months.  She seems to think that everyone else is a bit player in the Angela Show, and she's so performative, I'm tired from cringing in second-hand embarrassment.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Writing Wrongs said:

That's an accent? I thought she had a speech impediment.

A small part of me thinks it is too.

Did Mackendzeee really tell Rubina "Don't Kwhy" like a 5 year old?

Angela is pathetic.

• Like 1

I don't know. Maybe its just me but this feels like a classic BB Twist Fizzle. All it accomplished was Tucker making his Defacto "girlfriend" feel bad and will have to eventually explain it. I would like to be in the production booth when that went down as I can imagine Grodner slapping her forehead and saying "Curses! Foiled again!"

Not sure why T'Kor said there was a lot to choose from. When nearly everyone in the house is in an alliance there really isn't.

After seeing what happened to Cedric you would have thought Tucker would just keep quiet and let Leah be nominated.

Not pleased that safety to the end of the game has been promised to sourpuss Chelsie. I want her gone...she's a downer.

Lots of Sunday filler from Music Videos to BLTA (what's the A? All my life its just been a BLT)

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Lots of Sunday filler from Music Videos to BLTA (what's the A? All my life its just been a BLT)

Avocado, most likely.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

Her accent is irritating, but not half as much as her insistence on wearing that chips-and-guacamole bowl on her head all the time.

Glad I'm not the only one annoyed with that ridiculous hat! Lol. I see a jellyfish sitting on her head. Also, Dumb Donald's (from Fat Albert) hat, if T'kors were pulled down a little further. 

Screenshot_20240826_215824_Chrome.thumb.jpg.887a9b853cad0e5257537a6c7966471e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
35 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Ewww

It's a California thing. Avocados on pretty much everything, whether it needs it or not. I take it you don't like avocados. TBH, a BLTA sounds pretty awesome to me. I need to try that, as soon as I finish off my weeks-old charcuterie platter. (Nitrates keep it fresh!)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7

I didn't get around to watching this one 'til Monday night. I'm having a hard time investing this season. I think part of the problem is that all these stupid alliance names have gotten way out of hand. It's like whenever more than two people are talking there's suddenly a new alliance. I think there have been about 20 of them so far. It all feels very performative and juvenile.

The other problem is this AI gimmick. Using Quinn as an "avatar" means production pulled him aside, handed him a script and recorded him reading it. Then he has to sit there and pretend he doesn't know what's going on. It's play acting. They did something similar with Angela a couple weeks ago, and at that point they must have pulled everyone aside to record the same speech before knowing who would wind up on the "screen." It's really taking me out of the show to know this is all just play-acting. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Using Quinn as an "avatar" means production pulled him aside, handed him a script and recorded him reading it. Then he has to sit there and pretend he doesn't know what's going on.

No, that's not what they're doing here (that WOULD be a terrible gimmick to use, though!).  They're actually using rudimentary A.I. to take some of the publicity video that they shoot of all the contestants for the opening credits and using A.I. to move them around and fake their voices "reading" the script that Tucker wrote. These A.I. presentations are just as surprising to the "real" people as they are to the rest of the house.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

No, that's not what they're doing here (that WOULD be a terrible gimmick to use, though!).  They're actually using rudimentary A.I. to take some of the publicity video that they shoot of all the contestants for the opening credits and using A.I. to move them around and fake their voices "reading" the script that Tucker wrote. These A.I. presentations are just as surprising to the "real" people as they are to the rest of the house.

Seriously? Do you have a link to something that could verify this? Because I'm skeptical this dog and pony show can pull that off. Look how rudimentary "Ainsley" looks. Like something from a 1990s video game. I think it's far more likely they're just pulling Quinn aside and recording him. I know they could do the voice, and some things with video, but I'm hard pressed to believe this show has the wherewithal to pull something this sophisticated off.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, eskimo said:

Glad I'm not the only one annoyed with that ridiculous hat! Lol. I see a jellyfish sitting on her head. Also, Dumb Donald's (from Fat Albert) hat, if T'kors were pulled down a little further. 

Screenshot_20240826_215824_Chrome.thumb.jpg.887a9b853cad0e5257537a6c7966471e.jpg

YES!! T'kors hat has reminded me of that character the whole time! 😂

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The other problem is this AI gimmick. Using Quinn as an "avatar" means production pulled him aside, handed him a script and recorded him reading it.

No it doesn't.  It's what Gemma Violet said.

AI is a real thing and anyone can use it pretty easily.  That is why it is a real threat for fake news and false rumors all over the internet. 

This is why the Screenwriters Guild made one of their main issues in their strike last year an attempt to basically protect them and prevent AI from making them all obsolete and unemployed. 

AI is really powerful stuff and will cause everything from unemployment, fake research papers and political propaganda etc etc like crazy in the first couple of years of existence to say the least. 

It will get worse from there.  Yes there are positive applications but there are tons of serious negatives too and there are no real guardrails to hold it in check.  Once Pandora's box has opened -- and it has -- there is no real way to control it down the road.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1