Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

That’s a first, the man’s eyelash curler. Forget about the guys, I don’t think Jenn is there for the right reasons.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 3

Guy who was nearly blown up by a grenade: Do we think that was a daughter or a little sister in that photo? I’m going with kid.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

No Bachelor mansion? Did it finally crumble in disrepair?

I think it is a timing thing.   And there is supposed to be a lot of travelling.  

• Useful 2

It’s shot o’clock!   Ugh.  They all think they are so clever.   

And Jenn isn’t very good a5 this so far. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Pet Portrait Entrepreneur - all righty then

Still not as good as the pantsopreneur from back in the day. Or, maybe this guy is a bit of a mashup between the pantsopreneur and the chicken enthusiast.

Talk about a blast from the past, this one with the bandages reminds me of the guy who wore a mask for a couple of weeks and then as soon as he revealed his ugly mug, was promptly sent home.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1

Jenn is grating on me with her voice, giggles and hair flips. She’s definitely here for a party. Hey Noah’s bro.

• Like 7
(edited)

Did we officially cross the threshold this season to Gen Z contestants instead of Millennials? These guys all seem so goofy and immature. Like, I realize I’m 50 years old and these people have been my children’s age for many years already. But we’ve reached the point where they seem more like my Gen Z high-schooler’s friends than my Millennial twenty-something kids.

EtA: Exception for Dylan the med student! Here’s a man! 👏

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 10
  • Applause 2

I can’t get past my feeling that Jen is the girl you take with you when you think your “picker” is off.  

When they like a guy you immediately throw them back.

• LOL 10

Sam M looks like Juan Pablo. He’s been getting a lot of talking heads and twinkly music. He might get the FIR or at least go far. But this is the first one she’s spoken to, so let’s see.

• Like 2

I’m just starting it but I had to guffaw when she said she’s living every woman’s dream being the Bacherlorette! Wasn’t she the third pick?

Well she’s got her Bachelorette extensions in.  Maybe even new boobs. She seems a lot younger than 26.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m just starting it but I had to guffaw when she said she’s living every woman’s dream being the Bacherlorette! Wasn’t she the third pick?

Well she’s got her Bachelorette extensions in.  Maybe even new boobs. She seems a lot younger than 26.  

We’ll, every woman’s dream…except Daisy…and Maria…

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I watch the Bachelorette more for the men.  I hope for eye candy. Jenn is pretty.  Whether she annoys me or not doesn't matter.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Jenn’s party is boring me. I’m not sure I’ll make it to learn Mooner’s identity. There’s also a Jason Tartick lookalike.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 2

I guess Maybelline is together proud sponsor of the Bachelorette with the Charity and Trista commercial and Jen shown using it. 

And just because he’s from SC doesn’t mean he’s a cowboy. Also ex basketball guy can’t sing or rap but I guess there wasn’t a hoop available! 

• Like 3

You know the lead always runs out of time and can’t even talk to all of the contestants. Why are they wasting time playing frat party truth and dare?

49 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Pet Portrait Entrepreneur - all righty then

Even better! There’s an aesthetics consultant! I can’t wait to see what this guy’s job is all about, but I think Jen will send him home for bullying this other guy out of his own Ferrari.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, WatcherUp2 said:

Wait, she's got a big personality? Where was she hiding it all season on The Bachelor?

Literally one of the few things we know about her is shot o’clock. And many of the guys are acting accordingly.  

• Like 4
1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

Literally one of the few things we know about her is shot o’clock. And many of the guys are acting accordingly.  

Thank god none of them had drones for their intro gimmick.

Bored Monsters Inc GIF

• LOL 4

To say Jenn is boring with no personality… I don’t know if I can stick out the season.  I’m having trouble paying attention to this episode.  

• Like 9
(edited)

47 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Sam M looks like Juan Pablo. He’s been getting a lot of talking heads and twinkly music. He might get the FIR or at least go far. But this is the first one she’s spoken to, so let’s see.

All these years invested in watching this show, my only takeaway is that I know the editing cues. Though, I didn’t have possible impregnation on my radar.

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 4

I've seen the men, so I'll just check in at the end of the season to see which one she chooses.  

At least so far, the guys don't come off as assholes--except for that one who took that guy's car keys.

• Like 3

Ugh.

So many creepy men. Jenn is rubbing me the wrong way, as she did when she was a contestant. 

CUT THAT HAIR! REMOVE THE EXTENSIONS !  The hair is too much and she flips it too often.

The FIR guy, he seems in it to win it but not because he’s into Jenn.

I'm another who thought “Pete Davidson” as soon as I saw Devin and then especially when he started to speak.

I like the guy from Vietnam because they share a culture, but she seems more into the frat bro type.

The masked guy was not good looking and he played that out too long.

I like Marcus. I cannot abide Brian  who stole the car keys, nor Jeremy if that’s his name who brought the car in the first place.

i am not going to enjoy this season.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Guy who was nearly blown up by a grenade: Do we think that was a daughter or a little sister in that photo? I’m going with kid.

Therapy pet?

5 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

And just because he’s from SC doesn’t mean he’s a cowboy.

Hmmm...southwest girl (old woman) here.  Haven't seen the guy, but isn't South Carolina "the South"?  Never equated it with cowboys.  I know there had to be working "cowboys" everywhere, but still.

• Like 4

I wasn't going to watch this season because Jenn didn't really interest me in Joey's season but decided to give it a shot and...yeah. Jenn did not come off super well in the premiere, although I'm hoping a lot of it was just nerves. However, she came off as a bit too giggly and silly. It was almost as if she wasn't taking it too seriously and winging everything she said. It was kind of off putting, to be honest. 

After seeing the premiere I was almost going to bail on the season but damn it, that preview looks really good. Curious to see who comes back from her past!

As for the men, Sam N. (I think that's the FIR guy) reminded me of Johnny from Rachel/Gabby's season but he seems super calculated.

I also get Pete Davidson vibes from Devin (which is not a good thing, at least for me), but Grant is very handsome. The only guy who stood out to me was Marcus, the army guy who was the first one out of the limo. He seemed to have the looks and story to go very far. Plus, he wasn't super present in the preview so it appears he'll at the very least stay out of the drama (or get booted in the next episode, who knows).

• Like 4

From a guy's perspective I thought Jenn was incredible.  I've seen them all from the start and she's the most beautiful Bachelorette ever in my opinion.  She also seemed much less stilted than previous Bachelorettes and was good at asking questions and getting to know the guys.  She seemed really interested and interesting to me and I darn near fell in love with her myself by the end of the episode :)

• Like 6

If the whole season is like this than this season is going to be rough. Jenn is gorgeous and seems nice enough, but she isn't really pulling me in yet, she doesn't have a ton of identity outside of doing shots and being shocked and overwhelmed at being the Bachelorette. Admittedly I'm still surprised that she was chosen too, so far enough I guess. I did really enjoy some of her reactions to the guys weirdness, especially her awkward "ok..." when the love virgin proudly told her his virgin status. 

Too many guys were way too awkward, half of them just talked about fucking and the other half are about ten seconds away from proposing on the spot. So much cringe, so many of them rubbed me wrong right away, especially Love Virgin. Hard pass. 

• Like 8
23 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

And just because he’s from SC doesn’t mean he’s a cowboy. 

That sure was odd...that is a stereotype I have never heard before!

23 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Unmasked Jonathon is creepy AF.

I was stunned that she said he was good-looking.

19 hours ago, Arkay said:

CUT THAT HAIR! REMOVE THE EXTENSIONS !  The hair is too much and she flips it too often.

Preach!

19 hours ago, Arkay said:

I like Marcus. I cannot abide Brian  who stole the car keys, nor Jeremy if that’s his name who brought the car in the first place.

I want to like Marcus, and I did find him attractive and personable. However...I just could not with the "going to outer space" thing. He was an Army Ranger, and he jumped out of the plane using a static line (not freefall).  Static line is from at most 1,200 feet.  Space is 100 kilometers, of which 1,200 feet is a tiny fraction of 1%. I just hate it when something is so overblown as part of such a supposedly sincere sentiment.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Was "love virgin" dude also a sex virgin?

That was the implication.  Since he claimed to only be interested in a woman who would be his wife.

On the other hand, he moved very quickly from sex virgin to love virgin so maybe he is a secret lothario.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

That was the implication.  Since he claimed to only be interested in a woman who would be his wife.

On the other hand, he moved very quickly from sex virgin to love virgin so maybe he is a secret lothario.

13 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Was "love virgin" dude also a sex virgin?

Yeah, I got the impression he’s just emotionally unavailable but still hooks up with women. He was leaning in hard on “love” and making sure she didn’t think he was a “virgin virgin.” I’m not sure why he thought this would be an attractive label to put on himself. Who wants to get engaged to a walking red flag who maybe had some situationships but has never even committed to dating a woman? She’s said she always chooses bad men, so of course he gets a rose. This is why they should have a lead whose prefrontal cortex is fully formed—save the early twenties folks for Love Island, Too Hot to Handle, and Perfect Match. Most of these people seem like they are on the wrong show. You can tell they never watched Bachelor franchise with their moms and are acting like they’re on Netflix.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I wasn't planning on watching the premiere but I did. I thought Jenn was good. I like not having to listen to a vocal fry. Most of the girls have it but she doesn't and it is refreshing. I also hope she doesn't go all season hooking up with the guys at random. I am old-fashioned that way. 

I love Thomas I hope they end up together. The guys this season aren't all the hipster/model type. I appreciate the variety. Some seasons I could scarcely tell the men apart. 

I haven't watched the Bachelorette much in the last couple of years. I may not watch this one every episode, just as my whims take me. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Yeah, I got the impression he’s just emotionally unavailable but still hooks up with women. He was leaning in hard on “love” and making sure she didn’t think he was a “virgin virgin.” I’m not sure why he thought this would be an attractive label to put on himself. Who wants to get engaged to a walking red flag who maybe had some situationships but has never even committed to dating a woman? She’s said she always chooses bad men, so of course he gets a rose. This is why they should have a lead whose prefrontal cortex is fully formed—save the early twenties folks for Love Island, Too Hot to Handle, and Perfect Match. Most of these people seem like they are on the wrong show. You can tell they never watched Bachelor franchise with their moms and are acting like they’re on Netflix.

He probably thought his "love virgin" schtick would impress her, but I don't think it did.   

• Like 2
On 7/8/2024 at 5:13 PM, JenE4 said:

Sam the love virgin is creepy as hell. Hard pass.

He looks like Kenny Loggins and John Stamos had a baby 😁.  I think he'll come in handy if Jen needs to borrow his eyelash curler. 

• LOL 7