Type keyword(s) to search

S9.E6: Running After Time

• Start Topic

(edited)

Aesha's patience is tested when her stews' work starts slipping due to their transgressions; with tensions escalating, Aesha steps in to restore order and ensure the deckhands get their rest; a major mechanical issue prevents the anchor from lifting.

Bravo synopsis.

First aired on 7/8/2024

Edited by ZettaK

Nathan and Joe are entertaining. I also like Gael with the team. 
Elle and Bri on the other hand are annoying and unprofessional. They both want to talk shit about the other to Aesha instead of doing their work. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I give up, what is that accent Bri has? I mean it is very odd and she is a slow talker as well, her chomping on her necklace while Aesha was talking to her made her look like a toddler being scolded by her mother.

Ellie did an excellent job as making it seem like she was the benevolent one in her fight with Bri when in fact it was Ellie that started the fight, made up some bullshit about underlings not getting with a guy her superior likes too.  The strange thing is Ellie said (prior to the night out) she wasn't going to fight over a guy since any shipboard romance wouldn't last...what happened to that thinking?

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Cat fight potential!

Two wrongs don't make a right.  They're both being obnoxious.  Aesha is smart trying to be neutral.  This is not the time or place.

Nasty wound Gael got on her ankle.  Ouch!

Looks like Jono is safe, for now.

Joe is such a slut and this will only lead to trouble.

ETA:  He even said he would do Sandy.  Eww

Silver dress splits were amazing.  Hubby (?) didn't look happy.

The cave was awesome, but that whole swim deck thing just confused me.

Time to call the engineers to fix the anchor.  Iain really screwed up the tender.  And all that exercising.  Why would you want to get all sweaty?  And that head just creeps me out.

And enough of the fart talk, please.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

I think Bri is from South Africa.

I have cousins from SA, their accents are much different, I hardly recognize her accent as SA, maybe it is her speech pattern, something makes it sound weird.

This what I thought of when I saw Bri sucking on her necklace, (this is one of the characters from Bob's Burgers).

image.png.89da6004011aabb287bfecd9bffee050.png

• LOL 5
20 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have cousins from SA, their accents are much different, I hardly recognize her accent as SA, maybe it is her speech pattern, something makes it sound weird.

This what I thought of when I saw Bri sucking on her necklace, (this is one of the characters from Bob's Burgers).

image.png.89da6004011aabb287bfecd9bffee050.png

I love Bob's Burgers.

I'm sure South Africa has regional accents just like the UK & USA does. 

• Like 5

Iain appears to shirk responsibility whenever he can. I was surprised he didn't try to blame his crew for the dead tender battery, Confused why was he still sleeping at 10am. Isn't one of Sandy's rules that the entire deck crew must be involved in departing a port or anchorage?

Unless Ellie was delivering drinks to the cave, not sure why she bothered to get in the water since she seemed to afraid. Watching her campaign around the boat is annoying. There's no girl code if neither of you has any history with the guy. She's the one who said she wouldn't compete only to make it a competition. Finally, the 2nd stew does not have any direct reports. Bri reports to Aesha, Stop bringing work into it.

So they removed the winch from one anchor to use in place of the broken winch on the other anchor. Then the rope snapped and it dropped that anchor? So now both anchors are extended and their tender is dead?  I think maritime rules state that you need at least one operable anchor to enter any port. Of course the guests have departing flights that same day. At least if it's manufactured drama, it's something new and makes Sandy look bad which makes me happy :)  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I give up, what is that accent Bri has? I mean it is very odd and she is a slow talker as well, her chomping on her necklace while Aesha was talking to her made her look like a toddler being scolded by her mother.

Ellie did an excellent job as making it seem like she was the benevolent one in her fight with Bri when in fact it was Ellie that started the fight, made up some bullshit about underlings not getting with a guy her superior likes too.  The strange thing is Ellie said (prior to the night out) she wasn't going to fight over a guy since any shipboard romance wouldn't last...what happened to that thinking?

Elle is ridiculous for saying that the second stew gets first choice on which deckhand to bang. I also don’t see her as Bri’s boss. Aesha is their supervisor. If Elle helps Bri improve, she is making things better for the entire crew. Now Elle is slipping after starting out strong. Bri seems very immature and not ready to work. Not sleeping in her bunk was childish.  Joe doesn’t seem all that interested in either of them but will take an easy lay. It’s all kind of pathetic.

1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

Cat fight potential!

Two wrongs don't make a right.  They're both being obnoxious.  Aesha is smart trying to be neutral.  This is not the time or place.

Nasty wound Gael got on her ankle.  Ouch!

Looks like Jono is safe, for now.

Joe is such a slut and this will only lead to trouble.

ETA:  He even said he would do Sandy.  Eww

Silver dress splits were amazing.  Hubby (?) didn't look happy.

Time to call the engineers to fix the anchor.  Iain really screwed up the tender.  And all that exercising.  Why would you want to get all sweaty?  And that head just creeps me out.

And enough of the fart talk, please.

I feel bad for thinking bad thoughts about Iains head, after all he can’t help it but damn, what an odd looking guy.

Yes please shut up about your gas and any bathroom goings on. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Shrek said:

I'm sure South Africa has regional accents just like the UK & USA does. 

They do!  I watched a show filmed in SA with most cast from there.  Every single person had a different accent.  I'm sure they were from different parts of the country.  In the third episode a new character shows up and I say "She sounds just like Kyle!"

I think Bri is from England.  She just talks slow and low.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Seemed like typical Sandy micromanaging. Even Iain said that if he'd done it right he would have been told to do it another way. However he was planning for the guests to get on the tender wasn't good enough for Sandy. She has to stick her nose into everything. Good grief, she even helps serve the dinner, can't let those previous screen times go to waste. I can't imagine Captain Lee, Captain Jason or even Captain Glenn serving dinner.

1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Bri seems very immature and not ready to work. Not sleeping in her bunk was childish.  Joe doesn’t seem all that interested in either of them but will take an easy lay. It’s all kind of pathetic.

Yeah it is and Joe is making it worse. I'm still Team Bri though. She's trying to keep her head down and handle this quietly, while Ellie goes running around preemptively defending herself to anyone who will listen.

Joe and Nathan were on WWHL and from how they were acting RE: Bri versus Ellie, it sounds like both are solidly on Team Bri. And if I had to guess I'd say Ellie won't be sticking around for the whole season.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Ellie goes running around preemptively defending herself to anyone who will listen.

I know! She is doing damage control for her image but I think it will bite her in her ass.  And she is gaslighting Bri for sure. Every narcissist needs an enemy and sadly, Bri is Ellie's target.

• Like 8

Iain seems like he's doing just the minimum expected of him.  I seem to recall another show where they said someone was failing in his or her role because they weren't anticipating things which needed to be done, just reacting and doing the minimum.

Instead he wants to do push ups and dips, which kind of makes him a dipshit like the other deckhand a couple of seasons ago who was putting in reps whenever he could and was always worrying about not getting enough exercise time.

Trishelle was proud of her Playboy pics because she looked good.  Then her husband or boyfriend cups her breasts in front of the other guests and crew?

Well at least you could say these guests must know each other, unlike other guests.  But like other guests, low class.

Seems at this point, Bri is trying to be more accommodating, bending over backwards, while Elle thinks she's being "put on a cross."  She's not the first Balkan who has a chip on her shoulder.  Novak Djokovic, the all-time great tennis player, trolled the crowd at Wimbledon after he won his match yesterday because he thought they wanted his opponent to win -- they did.

So Elle thinks she's being wronged, even though she's been pulling a meal-girl on Bri.  You know, this is no way to treat a Lamborghini!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

The (small) Moni Island is by the island of Aegina, half an hour with a hydrofoil from Pireus. 

Elle was doing damage control by running to everybody who would listen about Bri. She was angry after she claimed she didn't care about who would hook up with Joe. 

Iain is not too competent. Draining up the anchor mechanism battery?

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

What is that cave with the thin opening about?  Is it some access to another cave or cavern?

Crew told the guests that they'd have to swim under water to get to another place but they didn't want to submerge their hair.

(edited)
10 hours ago, aghst said:

What is that cave with the thin opening about?  Is it some access to another cave or cavern?

Crew told the guests that they'd have to swim under water to get to another place but they didn't want to submerge their hair.

I found this photo (below). This is where the passage goes- a cave. The islet is uninhabited (except for wild but friendly peacocks, kri-kri goats, deer, squirrels, and falcons) because there are no water sources. There are restaurants though. 

Screenshot_20240709_215953_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Ellie did an excellent job as making it seem like she was the benevolent one in her fight with Bri when in fact it was Ellie that started the fight, made up some bullshit about underlings not getting with a guy her superior likes too. 

Great observations! I immediately felt that "yucky low blow" feeling when Ellie brought up Bri being let go because of her drama affecting others.

That's Ellie's way of highlighting that Bri has all the issues, not her.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, Chalby said:

Great observations! I immediately felt that "yucky low blow" feeling when Ellie brought up Bri being let go because of her drama affecting others.

That's Ellie's way of highlighting that Bri has all the issues, not her.

It is very hard to argue or fight with a narcissist, Bri was already at a disadvantage and then Ellie ran around telling everyone that Bri was the one who started the issues...that little nugget of Bri telling Ellie that she was having issues in her personal life on her previous boat and said, "so I had to go," did not say she was fired, it could have simply been that she left the boat on her own accord to handle those things at home.

Ellie sucks. Ellie is a narcissist, the squeaky wheel gets the grease so I think Ellie will come out of this unscathed. 

Speaking of the cave visit, shouldn't they have had one of the deck crew with the guests at all time, Ellie swam up to the cave well after the guests did then promptly returned to the boat, why even go?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

So Iain is clearly in over his head and/or lazy with his lead deckhand, who is a man ho, gunning for his job.  This seems so familiar . . . oh yeah.  It's because we saw it on the OG with Jared and Ben.  Yawn.  

It is funny that Ellie thinks that the second stew has first dibs on any and all available crew.  I mean, Joe is a ho but what if he wasn't interested in Ellie?  Does that factor in?  Is it just what the second stew wants, the second stew gets?  Or does it then go to the lead deckhand because he/she pulls rank over the second stew?  

Joe is cute but he's way too full of himself.  The season is six weeks.  Either don't get involved with your workmates or accept it's a boat hook-up and that's it.  

I do like Gael and Nathan together, although I'm sure Gael's boyfriend does not.  Gael is a hard worker and seems like a genuinely nice person.

Aesha is like an 8-year-old boy with the constant talk of farting, pooping and various other bodily functions.  Girl, enough already. 

I've said this before and I'll say it again.  Why would guests pay as much money as they do for these charters and then get shitfaced, black out drunk?  You can do that at home!  Enjoy the stunning scenery and the usually delish food.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 7/9/2024 at 12:49 PM, ZettaK said:

Iain is not too competent. Draining up the anchor mechanism battery?

I think Iain drained the tender's battery.  The anchor mechanism was a different issue- they have been having trouble with it from the start and it just didn't grip the anchor anymore.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Joe is cute but he's way too full of himself.  The season is six weeks.  Either don't get involved with your workmates or accept it's a boat hook-up and that's it.  

I do like Gael and Nathan together, although I'm sure Gael's boyfriend does not.  Gael is a hard worker and seems like a genuinely nice person.

Aesha is like an 8-year-old boy with the constant talk of farting, pooping and various other bodily functions.  Girl, enough already. 

All this, big time😎

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I think Iain drained the tender's battery.  The anchor mechanism was a different issue- they have been having trouble with it from the start and it just didn't grip the anchor anymore.  

Either way, he is incompetent.

Nathan and Joe were on Bravo's Watch What Happens Live which aired after the episode. They trashed Iain a million times, and they showed their preference for Bri, and their dislike for Ellie. They also exhibited their bro love for each other. 

@Zaffy where are you?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 7/10/2024 at 11:46 AM, psychoticstate said:

Yes, and it's gross.  He was hard core going for Ellie at that dinner and then when she went to the restroom, Bri steps in and says she would do him and he's suddenly all over her.  I get it, if someone hands me a slice of chocolate cake, I'm gonna eat it, but if I have the option of Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, Red Velvet, Carrot cakes, I'm gonna take a little time and pick one.  LOL

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
On 7/10/2024 at 9:46 PM, psychoticstate said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again.  Why would guests pay as much money as they do for these charters and then get shitfaced, black out drunk?

Very rich people who can afford this can just lease/own a luxurious boat so they get drunk on a luxurious boat. Not all I guess, some do appreciate the trip/scenery/etc, but many are just showing off their status.
Although, it is not just a rich people's attitude. There are literally hundreds of thousands (especially British) who just visit the Greek Islands so they can pass out from drinking. Starting drinking from 10am till they just faint from too much alcohol.  Never got it, never will. 

So we have two different "couples": the deckhands with their cute bromance and the stews with the stereotypical bitc*y girl fight over a man.
If someone at my work was kept going around stating that (s)he is not to blame for something I would be sure (s)he was the one to blame indeed!  Ellie's behavior is embarrassing and pathetic.

We were worried about Jono's job but I see Iain having more chances to leave the boat first. Now, is he too incompetent for a bosun? has the production manipulated him? is the alien inside his forehead taking the decisions for him? Who knows! The thing is he makes Sandy angry. You do not want to make Sandy your enemy. Talking about Sandy, I LOLed with her "I need exercise" line.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Zaffy said:

Very rich people who can afford this can just lease/own a luxurious boat so they get drunk on a luxurious boat. Not all I guess, some do appreciate the trip/scenery/etc, but many are just showing off their status.

Very true, but I don't think anyone who does one of these Bravo cruises is very rich.  Comfortable, but not rich.  Just judging by their luggage and their clothes.  :)

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Zaffy said:

Although, it is not just a rich people's attitude. There are literally hundreds of thousands (especially British) who just visit the Greek Islands so they can pass out from drinking. Starting drinking from 10am till they just faint from too much alcohol.  Never got it, never will. 

I think they go to certain islands as I can't remember seeing that when I stayed on Kos, but that was 25 years ago so I expect it's changed, a lot.

2 hours ago, Shrek said:

I think they go to certain islands as I can't remember seeing that when I stayed on Kos, but that was 25 years ago so I expect it's changed, a lot.

Corfu, Zante, Rhodes, Ios, I think Kos too, although I've never been there.

• Like 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, Zaffy said:

Corfu, Zante, Rhodes, Ios, I think Kos too, although I've never been there.

OOOPS for the above quote.

I really want to go to Greece and island hop, that is the one thing that Below Deck does right, it probably helps tourism where ever they film.  

Currently I am trying to convince my son and daughter in love to book a trip with me!

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 4

Very true, but I don't think anyone who does one of these Bravo cruises is very rich.  Comfortable, but not rich.  Just judging by their luggage and their clothes.  :)

Let's not forget their table manners and behavior. Very few wealthy people I have met chew/talk with their mouth open or hold their cutlery in their fists.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Let's not forget their table manners and behavior. Very few wealthy people I have met chew/talk with their mouth open or hold their cutlery in their fists.

The people with manners and know etiquette aren't doing BD or any other reality TV show.

So Bravo has to scrape the bottom, not just for cast but the guests as well.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
On 7/13/2024 at 1:13 PM, aghst said:

Very few wealthy people I have met chew/talk with their mouth open or hold their cutlery in their fists.

As the Countess would say "Money can't buy you class." 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2