Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Teach/Corrupt

• Start Topic

(edited)

Well, I'm going to take a large share of calling it about Smilo Ren trying to recruit Osha for his Acolyte last week. Their scenes were really strong. He's low key hilarious. "Hey, before you draw that sabre on me, can I put my clothes back on?"

I was a little worried about Sol, but I assumed he was freaked out about everything to not think about the switcheroo so soon. There was a fair amount of time though. If he still didn't know to the end of the episode I would have been rolling my eyes. 

Rwoh has a lightsabre WHIP?! STOP IT. She even used the force to pull it out. Come on. 

That ending seemed very deliberate. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Like 2

Sol is the Jedi version of Red Reddington - perpetually promising important exposition but never delivering...

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Osha passed out because the inside of that helmet is like a rental bowling shoe... With all his chemical knowledge, dude cannot create some shampoo & conditioner for his ocean bath time...

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

So did Sol know all along, or was it the conversation about her fixit droid that clued him in?

Definitely going the dark infatuation route with Osha and Qimir.

Disney is definitely trying to beat the Reylo record for fan fic!

• Like 1
(edited)

Jedi fashion never changed... also Sith Boy gives Osha the same weird torn sleeve outfit that Rey wears hundreds of years later...image.png.41dd847d8682e4401d3f0ea06a5857cb.png

Edited by paigow
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Nacos for Rufus said:

So did Sol know all along, or was it the conversation about her fixit droid that clued him in?

Definitely going the dark infatuation route with Osha and Qimir.

Disney is definitely trying to beat the Reylo record for fan fic!

I think it was the moment he was checking the ship systems, he hits some equipment still angry and upset over what happened and then starts to think clearly and looks back. That's when he realized it was Mae not Osha.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

For a franchise whose main form of eye-candy was shirtless Kylo Ren and Leia in her infamous Slave Girl outfit, they seemed to be testing the waters even more with a gratuitous bathing scene for old Qimir.  Hey, considering how buff Manny Jacinto is, why not?  Kind of love that Jason Mendoza is becoming a sex symbol now!

So, with Mae away, it looks like Qimir is going with Plan B: trying to convert Osha instead.  Despite some hesitation at first, it seems like she might be slowly coming around to it or at least considering it.  To be fair, the Jedi really make it easy at times to wonder if there are better options out there.  But I will be surprised if she ever fully goes to the Darkside.

I'm guessing Sol figured out the switcharoo after he unleashed that brief rage at the terminal and the bit with the droid just confirmed it.  Mae is now a prisoner, but it looks like she won't be getting locked up or anything, but instead used for something even more important: story time!  Hopefully we will finally get flashbacks to what really went down.

Yord and Jecki sightings.... as corpses.

A lightsaber whip?!  Where in the hell did that go off too?  Did Palpatine and the Sith just stop production or something since that's not been seen in the future?

• Like 3

So that planet. Ahch-To? Looked that way, maybe a bit closer to the equator than Luke's hideout. Or maybe it's summer.

Ultimately, I just don't know what I thought of this episode. The whole show, it feels like I only got 70% of the meal I was expecting. "Yes, this is nice, but where's the rest of it?"

I just hope we get the objective truth of what happened on Brendok, along with why Osha, Mae, and Sol seem to have different interpretations. And why Osha left. Did she quit, or did the order give up on her? Qimir's backstory would be interesting too, but I'm not sure that's really important.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Anduin said:

So that planet. Ahch-To?

No. Those elephant-like animals are not the source of blue milk... and it was conveniently labelled as Unknown Planet

image.png.ca338b3690e1cef45452539133e564dc.png

• Like 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, paigow said:

With all his chemical knowledge, dude cannot create some shampoo & conditioner for his ocean bath time...

Yeah, I was kind of mad at Osha for not letting him finish his bath so he could wash his hair.

Edited by NeenerNeener
10 minutes ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Maybe Sol noticed the red lights instead of white on the little droid?

mind melded with

• LOL 1

That lightsabre whip was cool AF and even topped the bathing scene.

As for the rest: meh, stop teasing answers and then just pile on more questions instead, show!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

As for the rest: meh, stop teasing answers and then just pile on more questions instead, show!

IMDB shows no direct connection between Leslye Headland and The Blacklist so this is all a happy coincidence...

• LOL 1

This was forgotable and at best mediocore episode.

Sol contacted Jedi Temple that mission was disaster but before he can say details, ship stop working(did they take only defective ship in Jedi Temple?) and when ship's functions are working and he got message that team is on the way, he just left? And is he going to some specific location or he just started hyperdrive?

Of course due to this he is becoming suspect.

We got some snippets that some senator is planning audit of Jedi Order but why? Did Jedi breach some laws, does senator just dislike Jedi in general? We are in High Republic era but really, this isn't any different from prequel era.

Qimir killed Jedi and before he instructed Mae how to kill Jedi Masters but yes, it was Jedi's fault why he has to kill them. Osha is of course buying it.

I would be surprised if Vernestra wasn't Qimir's master.

And Qimir can talk all day long that he designed his helm that way. I think he screwed up and now is saying that helm is as designed.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Grimnar said:

Those scars on Qimir’s back look like they might have been from being lashed with a whip…

• Useful 2
24 minutes ago, Grimnar said:

Sol contacted Jedi Temple that mission was disaster but before he can say details, ship stop working(did they take only defective ship in Jedi Temple?) and when ship's functions are working and he got message that team is on the way, he just left?

He left because he realized that Osha was Mae and didn't want to bring her back just to be arrested. He told her he needs her to find Osha, since she's the only one of them who knows where Smilo's hideout is. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

He left because he realized that Osha was Mae and didn't want to bring her back just to be arrested. He told her he needs her to find Osha, since she's the only one of them who knows where Smilo's hideout is. 

So they couldn't asked her where is Qimir and then arrest her? Now he hope that he will tell her what happened and of course Mae will decided that she will help Sol, completly ignoring that Mae left Osha in dangerous forest and with guy who killed group of Jedi.

Really, characters' decisions are one of the weakest part of the show

• Like 1

I like the Vernestra theory - not just because of Qimir's scar and her being a bit more alert to her surroundings than the rest of the Jedi, but also because she quickly pounced on posh Jedi's theory that Sol had turned to the Dark Side. 

53 minutes ago, Grimnar said:

Then This Guy would be her Master...

image.png.14045970b842752ff3da64b618e1cedc.png

(edited)

Sexy Sith! I might just be on board with this show now! Get it Darth Jason! "Can I put my clothes on?" She definitely peeked! 🤣

Are we going to have Stockholm Syndrome here? I honestly hope so - finally something different. I would love Osha fully turning, or both switching sides. 

I guess we are going to have to wait until the finale to know what happened to the witches. 

"I lost everything". What does that mean - how old is he??? I am loving Manny Jacinto in this.

I 100% believe Venestra is his old Master. And Mog? What is with the terrible names on this show???

Edited by Ilovepie
Spelling!
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I actually thought they were calling him Mark, which is actually funnier. But, Mog. Of course. 

The funniest thing I saw last night was a comment on Reddit saying "hey look - a Sith that put up guard rails!" And the next comment was "Maybe that's why he needed Osha" 😆

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Could someone help? I keep getting notifications for this show (that I've never heard of, nor follow). If the OP could check that I'm not getting these since I didn't sign up for it)

5 hours ago, Grimnar said:

We got some snippets that some senator is planning audit of Jedi Order but why? Did Jedi breach some laws, does senator just dislike Jedi in general? We are in High Republic era but really, this isn't any different from prequel era.

This is why we need the prime-time drama/soap opera about the professional lives and personal lives of the galactic senate. It's a Dallas, Knotts Landing, and Dynasty type of show set in the world of politics. It will help develop/explain their motives. I'm not sure if I want the politics super dark and corrupt or more optimistic and hopeful like West Wing.

I think the photo and direction in the past two episodes have been an improvement over the first episodes… Though that’s honestly not saying much.

Vernestra’s actress has to be the weakest link on this show, she just seems totally disengaged.

Sol should be able to use his Force to sense when is not talking to the right person?

I agree that the show feels much more lile prequel era than anything else. They really failed in giving this show a distinctive feel.

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, conquistador said:

Vernestra’s actress has to be the weakest link on this show, she just seems totally disengaged.

For what it’s worth, played by Rebecca Henderson, Leslye Headland’s wife.

Edited by tkc
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, conquistador said:

They really failed in giving this show a distinctive feel.

That's really my only criticism of the show besides how short the episodes are. I'm not expecting the differences between PT and OT. i'd think there would be similarities with PT technology and ships, but it's been discussed here in reference to culture, class, etc.  There's nothing that makes this "High" Republic though. I assume there's been no war in a long time, but it's not clear what the Jedi actually do. 

I think it's fair that Sol was considerably wiped and freaked out about everyone being slaughtered on top of his almost slipping to the dark side to notice Mae immediately. Maybe it didn't come across strong enough, but there was enough there for me to buy in. He picked up on her soon enough after he calmed down. If they dragged it out to another episode, that would have been a bit much. And he jumped into action once he figured it out. 

I think part of that criticism goes with the former. We're all familiar with the prequel era, so we've seen a lot big Jedi battles already. With insufficient world building, the impact of how rare and unprecedented this is doesn't land like I think they wanted it to. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

This is why we need the prime-time drama/soap opera about the professional lives and personal lives of the galactic senate.

Mon Mothma is dragging Andor down... been there, done that

20 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

A lightsaber whip?!  Where in the hell did that go off too?  Did Palpatine and the Sith just stop production or something since that's not been seen in the future?

I feel like a lightsaber whip would be fairly unforgiving if you ever, ever made a mistake with it. "After the 50th Jedi cut his own head off trying to swing this thing, we decided to just stick with the non-flexible version."

• LOL 3

The Empire constantly ignores workplace safety - so a weapon that is just as likely to kill an enemy or the user would not be a deal breaker...

• Like 2
23 hours ago, paigow said:

IMDB shows no direct connection between Leslye Headland and The Blacklist so this is all a happy coincidence...

Unless maybe it was Headland's favorite show.

Another little detail I liked is how you can reset a Pip droid by holding down the power button and the volume up key at the same time. Well, perhaps not those exact functions but that is certainly what it looked like to me. Nice touch.

• Like 2
On 7/3/2024 at 11:13 PM, dwmarch said:

"After the 50th Jedi cut his own head off trying to swing this thing, we decided to just stick with the non-flexible version."

Like the Iron Lotus in Blades Of Glory