Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Drifting Standards

• Start Topic

Capt. Sandy welcomes back a charter guest with high expectations; a deckhand and a guest drift too far away at sea, leaving Capt. Sandy questioning her bosun; the primary charter guest complains the food has not met their expectations.

Airs 6.17.2024

• Like 1
(edited)
On 6/17/2024 at 3:21 PM, snarts said:

Airs 6.17.2024

Jill Zarin of the NY HWs? She was a nightmare on BD this season.

(This is a joke).

Edited by ZettaK
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I saw a mistake in the description of Poros (island) which is near Athens, in the Saronic Gulf, and the Aegean Sea. It said Poros, Cephalonia, Greece. Cephalonia is another island in the Ionian Sea, west of the Greek mainland. 

The food was subpar in this charter. The overpowering spices, the cold eggs, the boring chicken, the sponge cake, when the guests expected more sophisticated menus like in a previous charter (they were treated to seven courses), and because they are used to the best restaurants, etc. 

Also, the crew "lost" a guest and Nathan who were paddleboarding because they were not watched. Bravo chooses the crews who appear on tv according to their appearance, not skills. 

Joe is impressed by tattoos? Really?

The Poros town is so beautiful. The color of the sea, the light in every scene.

Aesha and Ellie were on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live, and said that they heard how Gael's boyfriend was talking to her, and saw his horrible messages, so they understand why she would go for another guy.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Ugh...so the same guests as before. Blech.

While I am on the fence with this chef....the main gal bitching in the captains deck...or whatever it is called..hee...ridiculous. 

Not a fan of these bitches...

• Like 3

Delaware is way cool.  We could 4 wheel on the beach back in the 90s  Baby sister lives there, Mom retired in  Dover, 90 mins from here.

Jono should go back to McDonald's  Nice he finally apologized

Slide drama.  Oy!

Oooh! Chicken!  Nobody seems impressed.

Sponge cake.  LOL  Worst chef ever?

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
7 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Delaware is way cool.  We could 4 wheel on the beach back in the 90s  Baby sister lives there, Mom retired in  Dover, 90 mins from here.

My brother went to University of Delaware (Class of '77), after graduation he rented a house in Seaford DE, we used to visit him, take his 13 foot sailboat to the Bethany Bay and put it in the water near the Bottle and Cork, the submarine towers were there, open beaches everywhere, we'd have lunch at Nicoboli's, sigh Delaware is cool.

Jono realized he was wrong and apologized which we all know is HUGE for a chef to do.

Chicken! Why wouldn't he do something that really highlighted his talent when you have seafood at your disposal and do a veggie dish with local mushrooms or something exotic. I am sure the chicken was delicious but hardly exciting.

Sponge cake is not the worst cake, the worst cake is fruit cake and everyone knows it! 

I knew the minute he started dumping all those powdered spices in to his rice the guests were not going to like it, Mexican food is so much more than just tacos and rice, a flan for dessert would have been nice.

Did Jono even talk to the guests about their preference sheet requests and restrictions?

• Like 6
  • Love 3

I’m tired of Ellie insulting Bri in her talking heads but acting like she wants to help her to her face. If you have to tear someone else down to make yourself look better then you’re not so hot yourself. Ellie should remember how she felt when she couldn’t handle fixing sandwiches and mixing drinks. 
I do like the chef for some reason, but I wouldn’t get that excited about chicken for dinner either. Perhaps he felt chicken was safe for all since he had the one guest on the sheet that had to be a pretentious picky asshole. Still, he should try and dazzle the primary and give the chicken to the petty pain in the ass. 
Bosun, don’t throw your crew under the bus (ship). Sandy, did the bosun know you expect two crew members to always have eyes on the guests? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
29 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’m tired of Ellie insulting Bri in her talking heads but acting like she wants to help her to her face. If you have to tear someone else down to make yourself look better then you’re not so hot yourself. Ellie should remember how she felt when she couldn’t handle fixing sandwiches and mixing drinks. 

Agree. I find Ellie quite off-putting, the girl brags about everything. She likened herself to a lamborghini!

Chicken and sponge cake? Did Jono even bother with an appetizer?  Very uninspiring menu, especially considering all the local ingredients.

The boson's head is very oddly shaped. Watching him blame his crew for the lost guest when he created the issue by sending Gael on break (she even warned him that she was watching guests from the swim platform) was bad form. 

Aesha's enthusiasm is so infectious, I can't help but root for her. As gross as she can be, I laugh every time. The toga talk with finger gestures got me again. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

The guests had Rachel as the chef on their last charter. I hesitate to call Jono a chef.

I'm with you all the way. He may have taught himself how to cook, but he's no chef. The minute I heard they'd had Rachel's food, I knew it was a disaster. I don't think he's going to last the season, or at least I hope he doesn't, because one of the things I like seeing on these BD shows is the food. I remember the moody chef getting his heartbroken by one of the stews who baked bread every fucking day. Didn't love him, but so loved that!

Has no one told Aesha to stop screeching all of the time? I like her, but that voice!!!

• Like 4

I don't think Jono will last the season either. It's probably tough to get good chefs on this show. If you were really successful why would you want to go on this show? You'd know in advance they would work you like a dog, you'd get little to no help making food for both guests and crew, and they'd throw all these dietary restrictions on you to further hamper your work. I guess maybe if you're just starting out and trying to make a name for yourself you might think this would be a nice resume builder, but it's a poor choice for a proving ground.

One thing that really annoys me is how the show insists every charter have eight guests. I get that they are trying to make the work as challenging as possible for the crew, but in reality not every charter would have eight guests. Some might have just two or three. And having one chef for eight guests isn't practical or realistic.

I don't know if I noticed this before but when Aesha is showing the guests their cabins she's pointing to beds and saying they're kings but neither looked big enough to be kings. 

• Like 3

Not a repeat of "chicken is for poor people!" again.

Are they really coming for haut cuisine experience or are they playing a role for a TV show for a second time?

First time they had a tennis match IIRC.

Whatever, they could always go to a high end restaurant after a day or two charter.

Oh look, very simple to "fix" the provisioning problem.  Aysha said on WWHL that they did send someone to pick up some bottles at port but claimed that they believed the provisioner would actually deliver the stuff so they just kept waiting it out.

No they just wanted drama.

On WWHL, they featured social media glam shots of Ellie and Gael in swimsuits.  So yeah, they want to boost their social media follower numbers by being on TV.

Looks like the shivs are out for Jono and the bosun.

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, aghst said:

Not a repeat of "chicken is for poor people!" again.

I said the same thing when they served the dinner...I am making chicken with Old Bay Cream sauce for dinner, am I poor?? LOL.

The problem with Jono is that Sandy is not micro managing him, she should go over his menu for meals and tell him he has to do more upscale food, she has done that with a lot of chefs that were doing fine but now she really should do it. The sad fact is that Gigi and friends had Chef Rachel on their first charter...she is a very hard act to follow so Jono should be very aware of the food he puts out because the food makes up most of the tip.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, politichick said:

I'm with you all the way. He may have taught himself how to cook, but he's no chef. The minute I heard they'd had Rachel's food, I knew it was a disaster. I don't think he's going to last the season, or at least I hope he doesn't, because one of the things I like seeing on these BD shows is the food. I remember the moody chef getting his heartbroken by one of the stews who baked bread every fucking day. Didn't love him, but so loved that!

Has no one told Aesha to stop screeching all of the time? I like her, but that voice!!!

That was Dave.  He was on WWHL a few weeks ago and, when asked, said he would always like to be awoken when guests requests late night food.  I think he's a good guy, but that storyline he had was hard to watch.

• Like 2

At this point, I'm on Iain's side.  Sandy has all these unwritten rules that pop up AFTER the fact (don't wake the chef, two deckies on platform at all times) and she comes down way too hard on people for not reading her mind or anticipating rare problems.  Yes, Iain is the bosun, so he needs to be responsible for the mess-ups, but I don't see anything he did wrong.  Nathan should have been aware of what was happening as they were drifting farther and farther away from the yacht, but he seems to have been given a pass.  Why take a crew member paddle boarding with you if you can't even keep them safe?  (I don't mean to be hard on Nathan, but I just wanted to make a point. I think he's a good guy, and everyone makes mistakes.)

• Like 7
(edited)

I have spent so many summers in Poros.. I love it so much. 
Apart from the error Zettak mentioned (actually there is a Poros in Cefallonia which means the producers just googled it and chose the wrong result, lol!) they treated the "Russian Bay" like a different location, when it is actually located  a mile or so away from where they anchored next. 

I like Gigi, she and friends are quite the non-drama type, my kind of guests. So imagine how mediocre the food was to complain about it.
This again looks scripted or "scripted". You are in Poros. You are in Greece, you have to serve fish. Fish. FISH! (ok, except if the guests do not like fish). Rachel  and Ben would go to the island and buy fresh fish and seafood.
In any case, you do not make chicken. 

I cannot believe this is random. Is the Chef less skilled (and chosen exactly for this reason) or the production has asked him to make mediocre food? Could be probably both. I remember quite a few Chefs being really unfit for this job, cooking average to bad food and I suspect they were chosen for the drama of it.

One thing I have noticed in recent BDs, is that the Guests do not go out. Poros is majestic.. every guest would love to visit the town for a couple of hours. 
When I was in Poros, guests from these kind of yachts kept visiting the town.
Maybe our guests did as well and the production  decided not to show us to spend more time with the artificial drama. 

Next week they have a beach party? in a Greek crowded beach? I think the crew will end up preferring  to be thrown in the middle of the ocean surrounded by sharks.  

COVER.jpg

Edited by Zaffy
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

The guests in previous seasons have left the boat & toured the town but that hasn't happened as far as I can remember since covid. It's one of the original reasons people liked to watch this show but they have stopped showing things people actually enjoy watching and find interesting & replaced it with meaningless drama. Some of us enjoyed seeing what life was really like working aboard one of these things but most of us have either given up watching or are on the verge of giving up.

• Like 15
20 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I saw a mistake in the description of Poros (island) which is near Athens, in the Saronic Gulf, and the Aegean Sea. It said Poros, Cephalonia, Greece. Cephalonia is another island in the Ionian Sea, west of the Greek mainland. 

The food was subpar in this charter. The overpowering spices, the cold eggs, the boring chicken, the sponge cake, when the guests expected more sophisticated menus like in a previous charter (they were treated to seven courses), and because they are used to the best restaurants, etc. 

Also, the crew "lost" a guest and Nathan who were paddleboarding because they were not watching them. Bravo chooses the crews who appear on tv according to their appearance, not skills. 

Joe is impressed by tattoos? Really?

The Poros town is so beautiful. The color of the sea, the light in every scene.

Aesha and Ellie were on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live, and said that they heard how Gael's boyfriend was talking to her, and saw his horrible messages, so they understand why she would go for another guy.

I wonder how long both the chef and bosun will last after this.

i wonder what that was about what Aesha and Ellie said about Gael”s boyfriend, because he kept on bothering her at work? I want to know more.

12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My brother went to University of Delaware (Class of '77), after graduation he rented a house in Seaford DE, we used to visit him, take his 13 foot sailboat to the Bethany Bay and put it in the water near the Bottle and Cork, the submarine towers were there, open beaches everywhere, we'd have lunch at Nicoboli's, sigh Delaware is cool.

Jono realized he was wrong and apologized which we all know is HUGE for a chef to do.

Chicken! Why wouldn't he do something that really highlighted his talent when you have seafood at your disposal and do a veggie dish with local mushrooms or something exotic. I am sure the chicken was delicious but hardly exciting.

Sponge cake is not the worst cake, the worst cake is fruit cake and everyone knows it! 

I knew the minute he started dumping all those powdered spices in to his rice the guests were not going to like it, Mexican food is so much more than just tacos and rice, a flan for dessert would have been nice.

Did Jono even talk to the guests about their preference sheet requests and restrictions?

I give credit to Jono for the actual apology he gave this time to Ellie. But things don’t look too good for him after this charter. I was surprised he didn’t make seafood and give the lady who was vegan the vegetables. The chicken didn’t look like anything special and such a small portion. Also the dessert did literally look like crap and the whole thing with the eggs , wow. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Shrek said:

The guests in previous seasons have left the boat & toured the town but that hasn't happened as far as I can remember since covid. It's one of the original reasons people liked to watch this show but they have stopped showing things people actually enjoy watching and find interesting & replaced it with meaningless drama. Some of us enjoyed seeing what life was really like working aboard one of these things but most of us have either given up watching or are on the verge of giving up.

Yes, I prefer to look at the actual location during a tour instead of the drama (which is quite often trashy, especially if it involves the hookups).

Ellie said on Watch What Happens Live which followed the airing of the episode that she is on OnlyFans, and a few photos were shown. She is nasty with Bri in her confessionals because Joe was hitting on both (she said she didn't know until she saw the episodes- a lot of the confessionals are filmed after the season wraps), and we don't know yet if he chose one of them eventually. 

19 minutes ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

I wonder what that was about what Aesha and Ellie said about Gael”s boyfriend, because he kept on bothering her at work? I want to know more.

She said that he was talking to her in a nasty way in calls, and his texts matched those.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Wow Poros is really nice.

Is it better to stay on that island or across from the island so that you have the views?

Dang you can spend a couple of weeks near Athens without going to the Cyclades or the Ionian Islands.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Yes, I prefer to look at the actual location during a tour instead of the drama (which is quite often trashy, especially if it involves the hookups).

Ellie said on Watch What Happens Live which followed the airing of the episode that she is on OnlyFans, and a few photos were shown. She is nasty with Bri in her confessionals because Joe was hitting on both (she said she didn't know until she saw the episodes- a lot of the confessionals are filmed after the season wraps), and we don't know yet if he chose one of them eventually. 

She said that he was talking to her in a nasty way in calls, and his texts matched those.

Did he come off as nasty in the call and text in the last episode?

4 hours ago, Shrek said:

I don't know. If I was spending big bucks to charter a luxury yacht, I'd want to stay on the yacht. I'd want to lounge on the sun deck and sip margaritas and play on the jet skis and water slide. If I wanted to tour the local sites I'd stay at a hotel. I don't watch this show for the scenery. If I just wanted to see scenery I'd watch the Travel Channel. 

I hate when the show makes them get off the boat for stupid beach picnics and excursions into town. Especially since all the charters these days are only for one or two days. If they had a whole week? Yeah, maybe a local excursion or two. But if I only get one or two days on the yacht, I want to spend it on the yacht. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

Did he come off as nasty in the call and text in the last episode?

No, only that he was probably annoyed she wouldn't answer immediately. Aesha, and Ellie said they heard and saw a lot more. I wonder if we will see more in future episodes.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, aghst said:

Wow Poros is really nice.

Is it better to stay on that island or across from the island so that you have the views?

Dang you can spend a couple of weeks near Athens without going to the Cyclades or the Ionian Islands.

One could do either. Poros is across, and very close to the Peloponnese (the mainland), but one can stay across a bay in the island, and have a view. Poros is an hour plus from Pireus with a hydrofoil. Hydra, another beautiful island in the Saronic Gulf where motorized vehicles are not allowed (except for firetrucks, ambulances, and refuse vehicles) is an hour and 20 minutes away. The island is small, and people can walk, take a water taxi, or ride horses. Hydra is more cosmopolitan, Poros is more quiet. 

Photo of Hydra below.

Screenshot_20240619_001633_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, aghst said:

I used to stay in Poros Xenia Hotel, cause my father used to work there. Now the hotel is renovated and called Xenia Poros Image.  It has the view the boat had in their second anchorage.  If you book there, you have to ask for a room with that view. Dunno if they are more expensive, I have never been in the hotel after it changed ownership.
This is the view. Simply amazing.

xenia-poros-image-hotel.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 3

The very minute it flashed back to Rachel explaining the tomahawk to the guests, I knew this chef was sunk.  Those are big shoes to fill even for a highly trained experienced chef, which I feel that Jono is not. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I don't know. If I was spending big bucks to charter a luxury yacht, I'd want to stay on the yacht. I'd want to lounge on the sun deck and sip margaritas and play on the jet skis and water slide. If I wanted to tour the local sites I'd stay at a hotel. I don't watch this show for the scenery. If I just wanted to see scenery I'd watch the Travel Channel. 

I hate when the show makes them get off the boat for stupid beach picnics and excursions into town. Especially since all the charters these days are only for one or two days. If they had a whole week? Yeah, maybe a local excursion or two. But if I only get one or two days on the yacht, I want to spend it on the yacht. 

If I was paying for it you would have a very hard time prying me off the yacht. I can see the great scenery from my lounger while sipping something made for me from the yacht, I don't need to be part of the scenery. I would have paid good money for the sole purpose of not having to mingle with people like me. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

I can reassure you that this kind of yachts guests do go on shore to visit places. It doesn't matter how luxurious their yacht can be, they do explore outside their boat as well. Especially passengers that come from another country. What is the point to visit a country for the first time only to stay on board 24/7?
Even in the huge cruise ships (that are like floating cities and offer everything) people visit the islands. In Santorini for example, they disembark by the thousands for a few hours in the island.

• Like 5

The "charters" on the BD shows are 1 or 2 nights.

Of course that's artificial constraint so that they can cycle a lot of guests through, give it a sense that they're doing a real season when they're only filming for 4-6 weeks.

Also with these artificially short charters, they can slip in more party nights to get the cast drunk and film the entertaining antics.

So with them spending 1 or 2 nights on the yacht, I can see them staying on it most of the time, other than the beach and lunch excursions, which are put in for the crew, not the guests, because they want to show the crew handling these situations successfully or failing to handle them well.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

There's a vast difference between cruise ship passengers and those who charter luxury yachts.

Greece is lovely & there's a lot to see but these guests are world travelers (Gigi Fernandez traveled the world on the WTA tour) It's likely not their first time visiting & if they're paying thousands of dollars to charter a yacht for a few days, it makes little sense to leave it for a land excursion.

They're more likely to do any sightseeing before or after the charter, when they're staying at an equally luxurious hotel or villa  

Edited by snarts
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
On 6/18/2024 at 10:50 PM, iMonrey said:

I enjoy seeing the scenery but I get your point, if I was the guest, I’d want to take advantage of more of what the yacht has to offer. 

On 6/18/2024 at 10:51 PM, ZettaK said:

No, only that he was probably annoyed she wouldn't answer immediately. Aesha, and Ellie said they heard and saw a lot more. I wonder if we will see more in future episodes.

Oh I see. I’ll look out for that in future episodes, thanks. 

On 6/19/2024 at 8:13 AM, Meowwww said:

The very minute it flashed back to Rachel explaining the tomahawk to the guests, I knew this chef was sunk.  Those are big shoes to fill even for a highly trained experienced chef, which I feel that Jono is not. 

Yes most BD chefs couldn’t even top Rachel and they are experienced and trained chefs. 

• Like 5

I just watched a show with Alex Guarnaschelli, Jet Tila, and Gabriele Bertaccini talking about how delicious and versatile chicken is. Jono's dish may not have been stellar, but I wanted to slap Sandy and the guests for bitching about chicken, per se, not being refined. Being used to fine dining doesn't necessarily mean you know food.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

I just watched a show with Alex Guarnaschelli, Jet Tila, and Gabriele Bertaccini talking about how delicious and versatile chicken is. Jono's dish may not have been stellar, but I wanted to slap Sandy and the guests for bitching about chicken, per se, not being refined. Being used to fine dining doesn't necessarily mean you know food.

I think the expectations is that since beef, especially a big expensive cut, costs so much more than chicken that its "better" and more fit for high end or 5-star dining and experiences.

Chicken is better for you and depending on the preparation, it can taste as good or better than just some premium steak cut.

But supposedly they're paying big money.

Hence the one guest who said "chicken is for poor people, " and "chicken is unacceptable" for the BD charter she was on.

• Like 4
17 hours ago, aghst said:

Hence the one guest who said "chicken is for poor people

As was lobster and brisket. Call me poor if I eat either one. This one pisses me off. Poor people make food taste good, and suddenly the cuts aren't as cheap.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, nokat said:

As was lobster and brisket. Call me poor if I eat either one. This one pisses me off. Poor people make food taste good, and suddenly the cuts aren't as cheap.

My question is why did he favor the person with the food restrictions instead of making a chef's delight seafood extravaganza for everyone and chicken for the one who didn't eat seafood?  Had Oh No Jono even spoken with the guests about their preference sheets?

BTW, steamed crabs used to be dirt cheap back in the day, now you can't get a dozen larges for under $50!

• Like 5
On 6/18/2024 at 12:26 AM, SHERMDOG said:

Ugh...so the same guests as before. Blech.

While I am on the fence with this chef....the main gal bitching in the captains deck...or whatever it is called..hee...ridiculous. 

Not a fan of these bitches...

Me neither. In fact, I’m pretty sure I would dislike any of Sandy’s friends. 

On 6/18/2024 at 7:53 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I’ve felt this way too. It makes me wonder if these talking heads began after Ellie set her sights on Joe. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My question is why did he favor the person with the food restrictions instead of making a chef's delight seafood extravaganza for everyone and chicken for the one who didn't eat seafood?  Had Oh No Jono even spoken with the guests about their preference sheets?

Excellent question. We used to see Ben talking to the guests about meals but there has been none of that. I liked Jono at first but I do not think he will last the season.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Me neither. In fact, I’m pretty sure I would dislike any of Sandy’s friends. 

I’ve felt this way too. It makes me wonder if these talking heads began after Ellie set her sights on Joe. 

A lot of talking heads are filmed after the (Bravo) season wraps. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
22 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My question is why did he favor the person with the food restrictions instead of making a chef's delight seafood extravaganza for everyone and chicken for the one who didn't eat seafood? 

There is a huge difference between an allergy and disliking a food. You don't like seafood, so here is chicken. I'm allergic to shellfish, but I love fish, so I would be happy with that. I'd also travel with benedryl and an epi pen.

There is no way that tiny kitchen could be in control of gluten or other special dietary requirements.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nokat said:

There is a huge difference between an allergy and disliking a food. You don't like seafood, so here is chicken. I'm allergic to shellfish, but I love fish, so I would be happy with that. I'd also travel with benedryl and an epi pen.

There is no way that tiny kitchen could be in control of gluten or other special dietary requirements.

I have a lot of years in the catering realm, there are more people that just don't like something that use the allergy excuse than you can imagine. If you are that bad off with gluten or other allergies then yes, travel with medication because you'd be irresponsible with your health otherwise.  

My issue is Jono did not talk to the guests to get clarification, like you cannot eat shellfish but love fiish or have any dietary restrictions you'd expect to have a chat about it.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
57 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have a lot of years in the catering realm, there are more people that just don't like something that use the allergy excuse than you can imagine. If you are that bad off with gluten or other allergies then yes, travel with medication because you'd be irresponsible with your health otherwise.  

My issue is Jono did not talk to the guests to get clarification, like you cannot eat shellfish but love fiish or have any dietary restrictions you'd expect to have a chat about it.

I have an issue with Jono too. He could ask if it is a preference or something serious.  I've brought food to a restaurant just to be sure, and they haven't had a problem with it.

I have a few things I can't eat, but so much more that I can. I wouldn't want to hinder someone else's experience because I'm not able to indulge. I feel this way about some guests, that everyone must adhere to their latest food fad.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

One more thing about Oh No Jono, he said he was serving deconstructed chocolate sponge cake for dessert, so basically he thought cutting the cake in to irregular square-ish shapes was deconstructed cake, it is not.

Putting melted ice cream on top of that cake mess was dumb, he could have put a raspberry coulis or whipped cream on top instead but just cutting something up does not make it deconstructed.

The most awkward thing about his less than gourmet food was watching Gigi and friends eat it, something just seemed so odd about the intense quiet chewing.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

One more thing about Oh No Jono, he said he was serving deconstructed chocolate sponge cake for dessert, so basically he thought cutting the cake in to irregular square-ish shapes was deconstructed cake, it is not.

Putting melted ice cream on top of that cake mess was dumb, he could have put a raspberry coulis or whipped cream on top instead but just cutting something up does not make it deconstructed.

The most awkward thing about his less than gourmet food was watching Gigi and friends eat it, something just seemed so odd about the intense quiet chewing.

Jono served melting ice cream with his second cake, as well.

• Mind Blown 1

I really have not seen any meal Jono served that looked good.

Or well plated.

The first cruise was a bunch of fun people wanting the normal and late night snacks and were so nice about not getting them. Yet praised him.  did 

The next 3 charters did not.

Gee, Sandy is a little slow on the noticing since she normally is all over tablescapes and was it good?!

• Like 2