Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/3/2024

• Start Topic

Monday, June 3 – Jodie Turner-Smith (actor, “The Acolyte”)

Tuesday, June 4 – Michael Richards (author, “Entrances and Exits”); Chris Colfer (author, “Roswell Johnson Saves the World!”)

Wednesday, June 5 – A “Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit” reunion event show celebrating the 30th anniversary, featuring Whoopi, Kathy Najimy, Wendy Makkena, Sheryl Lee Ralph, music supervisor Marc Shaiman and composer Mervyn Warren, plus additional cast members, performances, surprises and more

Thursday, June 6 – Ron Howard (director, “Jim Henson: Idea Man”); Steve Toussaint (actor, “House of the Dragon”)

Friday, June 7 – Golda Rosheuvel and Luke Thompson (actors, “Bridgerton”); Viggo Mortensen and Vicki Krieps (actors, “The Dead Don’t Hurt”)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I don't watch basketball normally, but that video looked like this was purposeful shoving, not a question of overzealous play. That looked like a playground bully pushing someone over to establish dominance. I'm surprised that some of the ladies seem to be rationalizing it as if this is something that shouldn't be disallowed.

• Like 1
  • Applause 10
(edited)

Does anyone else think the phone tracker topic was added just to let Sunny continue to show she’s a helicopter parent?

Jodie Turner-Smith was delightful. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I don't watch basketball normally, but that video looked like this was purposeful shoving, not a question of overzealous play. That looked like a playground bully pushing someone over to establish dominance. I'm surprised that some of the ladies seem to be rationalizing it as if this is something that shouldn't be disallowed.

Whoopi is a celebrity apologist and Sunny is a racist.  Same old, same old.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
4 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Whoopi is a long time NBA basketball watcher.   She's seen plenty of Knicks games in the 90s...   Aggressive play (purposely pushing, hard checking, etc)  is not unusual in basketball.   Male or female.  Welcome to pro sports.   

Anna's perspective was a good one.   It looks agressive to her, but she knows she's not a basketball fan or player, so it's hard for her to judge.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

Whoopi is a long time NBA basketball watcher.   She's seen plenty of Knicks games in the 90s...   Aggressive play (purposely pushing, hard checking, etc)  is not unusual in basketball.   Male or female.  Welcome to pro sports.   

Anna's perspective was a good one.   It looks agressive to her, but she knows she's not a basketball fan or player, so it's hard for her to judge.

The ball was not in play.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

Like Ana, I'm no basketball fanatic, but def it appeared that Caitlin Clark was simply standing by when she was pushed hard for no apparent reason by an opponent. Very disappointing to see this type of behavior from a female pro player - aren't sports supposed to be about sports"man"ship??  I guess such aggressive play is what can keep WNBA in the news (& talked about on The View.)  For me, it's simply indicative of our current win-at-any-cost, rules are for others ethos. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 6

I'm wondering how long Sunny's son allowed her to track him at Harvard...or still does.

But, but it is about a parent that has fallen and can't up... what if they are set in one place with friends or watching a long movie. MAYDAY! Or took a nap.

Sunny is full of crap thinking she can check in on her phone on her families whereabouts. Writing her books, partying with her friends, tending her her animals daily, reading all the books and watching all the movies they discuss on the show.  Oh, and in the makeup chair and going on the show.

Conversations with who knows who but some lawyers, going to the WH, her charities and board member responsibilites.

IMO I think she is spread so thin she thinks she is fabulous and invincible. But not really home.

In addition it really bothers me when Sunny (and Sara) often say they have the VYD...how many sets of sheets do you need, or comfy yoga pants, or especially trying most of the cosmetics and swearing by them even though if you did you would not be using them regularly.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sarah “Someone here getting so mad about Dr Fauci”. She was talking about Meghan, wasn’t she?

My immediate thought.

23 hours ago, Ellis Bell Lives said:

Whoopi is a celebrity apologist and Sunny is a racist.  Same old, same old.

I wondered at the time, what if it was a white girl pushing a black girl? Would their reaction have been the same?

• Like 5

Whoopi’s exasperated face after the hearing footage spoke for us all.

Sarah was right on about how poor Dr. Fauci hasn’t done everything to deserve this disrespect and persecution, not from the hearing or from “the someone here” she was referring to.

• Like 10

Sunny showed quite a bit of compassion towards Michael Richards on the podcast today. She talked about his remorse being very palpable to her and how she believes he's deserving of grace at this point.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, atomic said:

Sunny showed quite a bit of compassion towards Michael Richards on the podcast today. She talked about his remorse being very palpable to her and how she believes he's deserving of grace at this point.

Yes, but you'll notice during the interview she was trying to catch him in a "gotcha!" moment.  

• Like 3
(edited)

I didn’t know Whoopi’s daughter was in the movie.

Yeah, the Whoopi adulation can get tiresome but this was really sweet, hearing all the kids tell stories about how Whoopi was so kind to them and left such an impression. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 4
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Yeah, the Whoopi adulation can get tiresome but this was really sweet, hearing all the kids tell stories about how Whoopi was so kind to them and left such an impression. 

Whoopi adulation?  On The View??  Never!!

• LOL 4
39 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I've never seen the Sister Act movies, so most of the show today was boring to me.  

I have, they were okay to pass the time on a long flight but this was just too much & I think Whoopie is an okay person.

• Like 2

I'm assuming that today's episode was to help hype people up for Sister Act 3, because Sister Act 2 was not a good movie (except for the songs) and not really worth an entire episode dedicated to it.  That movie came out when I was eleven and even at that tender age, I remember thinking, "This..is not great.  Or necessary." 

Sister Act, on the other hand, is fun times and I watched that all the time when I was 10 (we recorded it off a VHS rental, which is how my parents got 90% of our video collection, back in the day).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I listened to Whoopi's book. She read it.  I think she is different on The View than she is in real life.  She did have a lot of trauma in her life but she does seem to have been kind to a lot of people and they have been kind to her.  I think the Whoopi on a movie set is not the Whoopi who is the moderator of The view.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

The first Sister Act movie was HILARIOUS! Robert Miranda, who always plays a mob minion was too funny as Joey, pausing to kill Deloris, because she said she wanted to say her last prayers. Along with fellow minion, Willy, played by Richard Portnow.

The songs were GREAT! And I always dance to them when I hear them on the movie.

17 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I think she is different on The View than she is in real life.  She did have a lot of trauma in her life but she does seem to have been kind to a lot of people and they have been kind to her.  I think the Whoopi on a movie set is not the Whoopi who is the moderator of The view.

THIS.

As for the discussion about tracking your children? Someone should have read Hax's response out loud to Sunny. It might have taken some of the smug off. Or maybe not. Hax hit the nail on the head and her advice was spot ON.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As for the discussion about tracking your children? Someone should have read Hax's response out loud to Sunny. It might have taken some of the smug off. Or maybe not. Hax hit the nail on the head and her advice was spot ON.

So true! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Like 1

"I didn't know this was going to turn into a director/talent conversation." 

Poor Ron Howard was probably booked for the sole purpose of kissing Whoopi's ass, too bad he cut her out of his film, lol.  It is a Disney production so they got their promotional moment.  Whoopi, however, did not.

Sunny thinks she's THE parent template for Gen Z  I hope her kids don't one day kill her while she sleeps.

Joy sounds like a female DeNiro with her emotionally-charged Trump warnings.  Calm down.  At this point, she might as well be yelling at me to get off her lawn.

Were Sara and Alyssa there? 

• Like 2

No, Whoopi, there were no women at Normandy. Arguing with Joy will not make it so.

Sunny may not go to her kids’ interviews but I’m sure she grills them before and after. 

• Like 3
(edited)

Whoopi was rewriting history, perhaps as she'd like it to be?  WACs and other female military personnel weren't in combat like Normandy invasion. They did serve in some hazardous situations, but not in actual combat. I'd also like to emphasize to her that we (the U.S.) aren't the only ones to "not always get it right"; no one "gets it right" all the time, and some never get it right. Additionally, what is "right" at one point in history may turn out to be "wrong" in others. 

Edited by KittyQ
typo
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
18 minutes ago, atomic said:

Princess of Arizona still at it with her clown takes 🤡

Screenshot 2024-06-06 120543.png

🤦‍♀️

First, Sara didn’t mention her by name. Second, Meggie, want to compare death rates in masked/vaccinated/social distancing states vs the “you can’t tell me what to do” states?  Hmm?

She continues to be clueless and annoying. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 4

Nutmeg would have been fine with more people dying if it meant she got to buy her crib in person. A truly repugnant person like MTG.

• Like 17
On 6/5/2024 at 10:34 AM, Haleth said:

I thought the majority of the questions were so contrived. They were meant to illicit Whoopi adulation:

You say that you owe a lot of credit to Whoopi for your success, tell us about it…

You say that Whoopi reminds you a lot of your mother, how so?

Tell us about that time that you and Lauryn had something special happen behind the scenes…(actor goes on to tell about how Whoopi organized an on-set graduation.)

Tell us about the time Whoopi helped you keep your hairstyle for the movie…

Tell us about how you were so starstruck with Whoopie and you tried to impress you with your new clothes…

I heard you want to thank Whoopi for sitting with you during lunch…

Of course, not all the questions were framed in a way in which to illicit a Whoopi tongue-bath. Sunny did ask one of the actors about the time he caught staring at Whoopi’s daughter, Alex. Of course, the actor had to explain that it was because he thought Alex was pretty. (I thought this story was cringey, being that they are in their 40’s and Alex is married.)

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Blissfool, your use of "illicit" might elicit a different response than intended...

I've caught myself staring at Whoopie Jr a few times too - & not really because I thought she was SOOO pretty...

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I thought the majority of the questions were so contrived. They were meant to illicit Whoopi adulation:

You say that you owe a lot of credit to Whoopi for your success, tell us about it…

You say that Whoopi reminds you a lot of your mother, how so?

Tell us about that time that you and Lauryn had something special happen behind the scenes…(actor goes on to tell about how Whoopi organized an on-set graduation.)

Tell us about the time Whoopi helped you keep your hairstyle for the movie…

Tell us about how you were so starstruck with Whoopie and you tried to impress you with your new clothes…

I heard you want to thank Whoopi for sitting with you during lunch…

Of course, not all the questions were framed in a way in which to illicit a Whoopi tongue-bath. Sunny did ask one of the actors about the time he caught staring at Whoopi’s daughter, Alex. Of course, the actor had to explain that it was because he thought Alex was pretty. (I thought this story was cringey, being that they are in their 40’s and Alex is married.)

And this is why I FF’d the entire segment.  🥱

• Like 3

I just realized all this was for Sister Act 2 not the original Sister Act.  I find that strange. I mean it was an OK movie but I thought the first one was better.

On 6/5/2024 at 4:11 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

The first Sister Act movie was HILARIOUS!

Yes it really was.

5 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I'm just so tired of Whoopi show🥱😴

You and me both. I wonder if so much focus on her is because she is a draw for viewers or are they just feeding her ego?

I listen to the podcast every day and Whoopi is never on.  I'm not complaining but it shows that she does the bare minimum required to be a View cohost.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I listen to the podcast every day and Whoopi is never on.  I'm not complaining but it shows that she does the bare minimum required to be a View cohost.

Yes, she's only done like 3 episodes since the podcast started in early September.  The other hosts have done something like 30-40 episodes each.  (They all, except Whoopi, do one episode each week.)  She apparently rules the roost and they let her get away with it.  I guess she threatens to quit if they make her do something she doesn't want to do, but it's not fair to the others.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I thought all Friday shows are pre-recorded?

Yes during the summer they are prerecorded.  I assume so the cohosts can have three day weekends (or in Joy's case four day weekends). Joy said on the podcast last Thursday when the verdict came in she wasn't in the city. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Thanks!  For some reason I thought the pre-recorded Friday ep was a year round thing, I guess not!

They used to be. Rosie O initiated that during her first stint on the show.  It was changed back to live Fridays but I'm not sure when. 

• Like 1
On 6/6/2024 at 1:19 PM, atomic said:

Princess of Arizona still at it with her clown takes 🤡

Screenshot 2024-06-06 120543.png

you know she watches every day just hoping they remember her

• Like 5