Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E08: That’s What Being Strong Will Do

• Start Topic

I'm always surprised when teams don't pack gloves for tasks. 

The road tennis looked like it would be hell on your back, leaning over all the time. 

That sucks that Angie & Danny had to wait because their crew didn't follow them.  How did that happen?  It's not like they made a last minute multiple lane change to an exit at 80 mph.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
Just now, nilyank said:

Ricky and Cesar going for another win.

And no one can claim it's not fair because they speak the language!  😆

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have no idea how this turns out, but understandable and logical choice by Juan and Shane to not do the same thing the others are — they’re right; everyone else was well along with building those traps.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 9
(edited)

But can they not drop their bags while they're pushing the wheelbarrow?

Oh, it looks like they finally did.

Edited by Browncoat
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, chaifan said:

Juan & Shane have those for the seaweed.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I hope everyone has gotten their  tetanus shot.

They should have had a task following this involving squeezing lemons! 

What are the chances Danny tells Rod what they're doing wrong on their way off the beach? 

• LOL 2
Just now, Browncoat said:

Rod, Leticia -- look at the example again!

It was Leticia's role to make sure all the details are correct since Rod was doing all the building.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Why do I have a feeling that the teaser for next week will consist of Amber & Vinny screaming at each other?

Before I forget . . . in case you didn’t see the Media thread, Phil is going to be on Late Show tonight.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I'm thinking Danny was just a little too precise about clipping the extra wires and all that.  I doubt any other team's fish trap was that neat and tidy.

Well, that and losing their crew.

Edited by Browncoat
  • Like 9

Aw, damn.  I was really enjoying Angie & Danny.  A lost crew did them in.  That's worse than bad taxi luck.

• Like 9
Just now, chaifan said:

Aw, damn.  I was really enjoying Angie & Danny.  A lost crew did them in.  That's worse than bad taxi luck.

They didn't make any mistakes on their fish pod build. Danny was just taking a bunch of extra time to make it look pretty.

• Like 5

I'm bummed Danny and Angie are eliminated. I wanted them to win. Then to come in last because the crew couldn't follow them on a roundabout.

• Like 5

This season has gone from BORING to snoozefest extraordinary. One team winning nearly every leg or if not getting second place just ruins any kind of competitive suspense. I will watch the rest with my iPad in my lap or on fast forward the next day. I have had enough.

• Like 4
  • Angry 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

The tasks on this leg were pretty easy.  Rod found the one way to screw up the fish traps, but the street tennis was pretty much the same for everyone.  The biggest challenge was self navigation - that's the only reason placements got shifted so much. 

I have a feeling Danny & Angie were a lot farther behind than editing made it look.  And it wasn't due to Danny being picky on the fish trap.  I hope they say in interviews how long they had to wait for their crew.  Was it 1 or 2 teams that passed them while waiting?

• Like 3

What was Danny's and Angie's strong suit is one of the things that did them in...navigation!

Of course he decided to take his time building that wire trap cage thing!

• Like 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Trying to think of more Rihanna songs. “S&M” kind of applies to Amber & Vinny, yes?

Whenever they're arguing in a car, how about "Shut Up and Drive?"

I would have definitely have chosen the seaweed Detour. First, it involves helping turtles. Second, what could be more simple than hauling something across a beach to fill one barrel? A very lopsided Detour.

Street tennis looked pretty fun.

It's ironic that navigation is what caused Danny and Angie to be eliminated, but they took it well. Maybe they'll be back for an all-star season.

Edited by InDueTime
Spelling and Grammar
  • Like 13
  • LOL 4

At first I thought Dany and Angie took the correct roundabout exit and the crew didn’t. So I wondered why they were being penalized waiting for the crew. But then at the mat they said they took the wrong exit??? So how did they get to the task first?

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

Good episode. I don’t think Ricky & Cesar winning most of the legs wrecks this season. They’ve had tough moments, and you can see them fraying a little. They just work things out and kick ass. Having a dysfunctional team like Amber & Vinny around helps.

6 minutes ago, InDueTime said:

Whenever they're arguing in a car, how about "Shut Up and Drive?"

Dammit! I did not think of that! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 

I feel bad for Angie & Danny. I honestly didn’t think he was being entitled or a brat. They had a good dynamic, but losing their crew screwed them. Like I said, they’re probably a shoo-in for the next “Unfinished Business” season.

We have gone through eight legs, and no team that has won a leg has been eliminated. Is that a record? I think the mark was set by TAR3.

• Like 6

I liked how respectful  Danny and Angie were  to one another. 

I'm also not sure how stopping helps when you lose the crew. Wouldn't the crew have all the directions,  they sure took their time..jmho.
I'm tired of the bickering  nurses. I'm happy  for Ricky and Cesar, I  just wanted  Danny and his mother to finally  get a number  1 finish. 

Just about everyone  had navigation  troubles, and wet maps..lol

• Like 5

Juan and Shane did the right thing by going for the seaweed.

I enjoyed the episode and some shaking up of placements.

Those little vehicles were cute. 

• Like 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Danny can’t think of Rihanna songs. Of course.

I don't know any.  I'm not into pop singers.  Give me classic rock and blues any day.

3 hours ago, dizzyd said:

It’s the 1st time it’s been shown to be relevant. Pre COVID, they used to be in the same vehicle in the passenger seat. 

They still have been in the front seat during covid too including this race throughout. This vehicle was just too small was all.  They had to use a crew tuk-tuk's too in past seasons because of the size factor.

FYI for the hell of it:  There is also always a chase car of security in case something really negative happens though only one, not one per team.  Security had to intervene in Season 3 when a shady mayor in the middle of nowhere in Morocco wanted to take away Team Firecop's passports.

And the chase car actually lost a team (Paul & Amee) in Season 1 in the Sahara Desert when they got lost and the sound guy's cell phone (sound guy has a lot of duties, and no he can't share the phone with the Race team) went dead and they were lost for hours.  It was a dicey situation until they accidentally found the oasis camp hours and hours later.

3 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Why do they seem to wait so long to ask directions?

Because every time they ask directions the sound guy has to take out a legal form (sound guys, the unheralded jack of all trades of TAR) allowing for the direction giver(s) image to be allowed to be broadcast on American TV.  That's the law and TAR has always followed it since day one.

So the time it takes to explain the release form and US laws that make it necessary makes it a longer pull-over stop than you see on TV.  Even longer in countries where nobody (team or crew) can speak the language.  That's why so many teams run around asking if anyone can speak English.  Not so much to point to a place on the map but to be able to explain the release form to the person involved.

And sometimes the person asked says they will give directions but doesn't want to sign the release and appear on TV.  That obviously happened with that one woman the Pilots asked for directions from inside the shop this episode since they pixelated her face.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 20
3 hours ago, WatcherUp2 said:

Holy cow, Vinnie and What's her name had a chuckle moment!

I can sure see why they mated, they are a lot alike

• Love 1
3 hours ago, chaifan said:

The road tennis looked like it would be hell on your back, leaning over all the time. 

That sucks that Angie & Danny had to wait because their crew didn't follow them.  How did that happen?  It's not like they made a last minute multiple lane change to an exit at 80 mph.

Especially in a roundabout it sucks a lot.

• Like 2

Just want to add, I loved Danny & Angie.  He was so sweet and supportive of her and she clearly loved him so much too. 

It was wonderful to see them defy all odds and come so far in the race.  I love underdog teams like this that love TAR and get to live their dreams.  And they have made memories for a lifetime.

Unfortunately all of us knew they were out when they kept saying they were keeping hope alive and showing the other team having trouble.  The editors always do that letting us all know the "hope" team is going to be eliminated.  I wish they would stop that.

• Like 13
  • Love 1