Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: For Old Tom’s Sake

• Start Topic

(edited)

Lala celebrates her 33rd birthday with a sexy burlesque party; Ariana and Katie give Lisa an update on the status of Something About Her; Schwartz reconnects with Jo after their friendship break-up; Schwartz makes Katie an indecent proposal.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 3

LaLa reminds me of a line from A Little Night Music, “I hate you being happy.  I hate anyone being happy.”

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
(edited)

It’s a shame that Ariana’s boyfriend didn’t go to the events, but he’s awfully nice to look at.  LaLa was going Gaga.  Very nice too.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Emmeline said:

It’s a shame that Ariana’s boyfriend didn’t go to the events, but he’s awfully nice to look at. LaLa was going Gaga.  Very nice, too.

Daniel Wai’s body is really good. I want to know what he does to get those abs. Is he a trainer?

Lala: You’ve got a good body good for you do you work out.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 4
22 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Daniel Wei’s body is really good. I want to know what he does to get those abs. Is he a trainer?

Yes, he’s a trainer by day and is a bartender by night.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Say what you will about Scheana, but she has finally hit the nail on the head with Sandoval in the last scene of the episode tonight.  Everything that Ariana did wasn’t for her.  Not the eggs freezing, the house, or any of the rest of it.  She did all that for both of them: Tom and Ariana. Not just Ariana.  And it’s about time Tom acknowledges that in light of all he’s done to Ariana.

Scheana wins the episode tonight.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

Yes Scheana - if you can't take a cable car ride or drive down Lombard Street, eat some Rice-a-Roni,  It's the next best thing to being there.  And wash it down with a gallon jug of Gallo Wine - in case you're craving a visit to the Napa Valley

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Also,  there’s the Ghirardelli factory 😂 

I didn’t like Daniel at first because he had a half man-bun like Sandoval a few years ago.  But when he took that hair down? 🔥 

James in the bathtub was cute.  I like comic-relief James.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

"For Old Tom’s Sake". Lala celebrates her 33rd birthday with a sexy burlesque party. Ariana and Katie give Lisa an update on the status of Something About Her. Schwartz reconnects with Jo after their friendship breakup. When the group flies to San Francisco for a party, Scheana urges Sandoval to offer Ariana a genuine apology. Schwartz makes Katie an indecent proposal.

I was paying more attention to tracing my hardcopies of software coding, but here are some thoughts and observations.

• The scenes with Tom helping his backup friends seemed highly contrived. I was suspicious at the one being labelled as "so-and-so's friend". 
  • I had totally forgotten about the girls' fake sandwich shop. Sounds like they're having to deal with a lot of red tape. Say, did S&S ever open? 🤔
  • Jo makes an appearance, just in time for this season's mandatory vacation. I thought it was funny that she was going too. 
  • What the hell was LaLa wearing, a Fifth Element cosplay?
  • Dan looked better on webcam than in person. All I could see was his horse teeth!
  • Why did Dan fly in from NYC but seemingly spent no time with Ariana?
  • I have no interest in Sandoval's lame band. Next!
  • San Fran looked lovely, but I am guessing it's because they had a poop map.
  • Was there an obligatory fight at the end of the ep? I can't remember.
  • Gawdamn, just how many commercials do I have to see with Arianna in them? 
Edited by Gharlane
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Dan is cute, and has a nice body. Lala was checking him out.

It was nice to see San Francisco, but otherwise it was a boring episode.

• Like 6

Dan is much better looking in person than in the pics we saw before the season aired - I like his big smile!  But his hair is stupid, IMO.

What I learned tonight is apparently both Ann and Penny are VDR employees, and the sandwich shop is still a joke.

43 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

I had totally forgotten about the girls' fake sandwich shop. Sounds like they're having to deal with a lot of red tape. Say, did S&S ever open? [thinking]

I have a facebook friend who went there last summer or fall - she posted a picture of herself with Schwartz.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Gharlane said:

I was paying more attention to tracing my hardcopies of software coding, but here are some thoughts and observations.

• The scenes with Tom helping his backup friends seemed highly contrived. I was suspicious at the one being labelled as "so-and-so's friend". 
  • I had totally forgotten about the girls' fake sandwich shop. Sounds like they're having to deal with a lot of red tape. Say, did S&S ever open? [thinking]
  • Jo makes an appearance, just in time for this season's mandatory vacation. I thought it was funny that she was going too. 
  • What the hell was LaLa wearing, a Fifth Element cosplay?
  • Dan looked better on webcam than in person. All I could see was his horse teeth!
  • I have no interest in Sandoval's lame band. Next!
  • San Fran looked lovely, but I am guessing it's because they had a poop map.
  • Was there an obligatory fight at the end of the ep? I can't remember.
  • Gawdamn, just how many commercials do I have to see with Arianna in them? 

S & S opened in November 2022. 

Ariana and Katie were on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live and said the sandwich shop has an opening date, and it's May 22nd.

• Like 2
(edited)

I thought  Dan was nice, I loved his long hair, in the bun, not so much.. I didn't  see a lot of chemistry,  but if he's  making Ariana  happy,  that's the main thing. Lala was drooling over him,  as usual.  Her dress for her birthday,  looked like masking tape, put in strategic  places.

James was funny in his bubble  bath.

Katie being playing  coy when Schwartz suggested  a one night stand, she loved and hated the suggestion. This was one of the better episodes for me. Jmho.

Edited by dancingdreamer
  • Like 4

I am not sure which old Tom the episode title refers to, but I delight in believing Sandoval flipped out that it was a reference to him. 

He’s not old! Look at his harness that lights up (cough, cough: midlife crisis Amazon late night shopping). 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

That Ann is such a weirdo. I wouldn’t trust an employee that had flipped on their last employer.. I get that picking up after Tom isn’t a great job but be an adult and tell him instead of kissing Ariana’s lazy ass. Ariana had a part in it by constantly telling Ann her job shouldn’t be this or that. I also found it gross the way Ann gushed over LVP who obviously couldn’t give a fuck.

Im guessing that lazy Ariana and negative Katie didn’t want to do much work but they also don’t want to pay Penny so they’ll live without her and wait forever to open.

I thought Daniel was kind of yuck. Very fit and nice but also odd. Strange to start a long distance relationship at her age.

• Like 6

We thought it was odd that Daniel went on the trip but didn't show up for anything.  Mr. Mytmo thinks there is someone else being kept in the dark.  I ruined him having him watch these perpetual cheaters that he thinks everyone on the show is a cheater. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I still don't get Lala's attitude about Ariana this season in confessionals. Especially since she seems to have gone on a media tour after the season ended and continues to bash her.  Her comments about Dan were really odd to me.  She thinks Dan is suspicious because he got w/ Ariana after she had a long relationship? Lala you had no problems getting w/ "your man" who was still MARRIED when you started seeing eachother.  She's so jealous of Ariana's success it's driving her crazy. 

Brock can take several seats.  Who the hell does he think he is to be telling Ariana how to act/feel? And asking "What's male rage?" Dude can't see his kids because of a domestic violence charge!  

• Like 12
  • Applause 4

Ariana was 100% accurate in expressing how female anger is somehow publicly unacceptable while male anger is expected & accepted. Sandoval has a history of repeatedly going off on women (Scheana/Katie/Stassi/Kristen) and no one bats an eye yet they expect that Ariana meekly accept & immediately forgive him so that no one is uncomfortable. Fuck that noise. 

Both Lala & Brock need to take a step back and take a seat. Neither should be offering life advice or questioning others' intentions. Add Scheana who will do nearly anything for male attention/approval. I'm still waiting for someone to stand up to Lala and ask her how she'd feel if they befriended Randall and asked her to make nice with him so they could all hang out. 

Daniel is not my cup of tea but Ariana seems smitten so he's doing something right. Glad he came to SF to support her but I kinda understand why he didn't immediately launch himself into the group dynamic. 

Proud of Katie for being a real ride or die friend. She & Ariana were cute together on WWHL (Something About Her open date is May 22nd). Sounds like Ariana wasn't able to catch up on all the episodes before the reunion was filmed (much to Andy's chagrin) but she's definitely not happy with Scheana/Lala now that she has...

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I didn’t like Daniel at first because he had a half man-bun like Sandoval a few years ago.  But when he took that hair down? 🔥 

I never really cared about the "man bun"; sometimes a person needs to keep their hair out of their face. That said, when people do it just for the sake of doing it, when they have only tiny amount of hair, that kind of gets on my nerves. (A while back, there was some crime drama that I didn't watch with a blond lady with the dumbest small ponytail -- I can't recall the title!)

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Gharlane said:

San Fran looked lovely, but I am guessing it's because they had a poop map.

They wisely stuck them down at the Wharf and Pier 39* rather than downtown.  Because I can verify that the latter smells like an open-air sewer.  They seem to try to keep the Tourist areas as free from this as they can.  

That sweatshirt shop they visited stays in business because people don't realize that it's COLD down by the Wharf - even in summer.  And it's especially cold on the Bay any time of year.  But I liked Scheana - "I checked the weather."  Ha.  There's a reason Mark Twain is alleged to have said "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."  

38 minutes ago, snarts said:

how she'd feel if they befriended Randall and asked her to make nice with him so they could all hang out. 

I seem to recall she reamed Schwartz out for just going over to his house and playing Pickle Ball.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Bane of my existence.  I used to live near it.  

I lived in the Castro, but I loved the ride to make up for the chocolate I just bought!

• Like 1
Just now, Lassus said:

I lived in the Castro, but I loved the ride to make up for the chocolate I just bought!

Castro had the BEST places for brunch on Sunday.  

I would leave Ghirardelli and then hit the Buena Vista for Irish coffee.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

They wisely stuck them down at the Wharf and Pier 39* rather than downtown.

Meh.  Disagree.  The wharf is massively lame, and I'm among those former residents and frequent visitors who find the complaints kinda overwrought.  YMMV.  I'd move back in an instant.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 4
(edited)

On to the episode!

First off, Tom Schwartz's hat DIDN'T FIT and just made me hate him even more than his idiot one-night-stand bullshit with Katy and his super coked-out conversation with Jo, who he made actually seem normal.

Scheana's conversation with Tom really made Scheana seem very, very adult even if it went in one tone-deaf ear and out the other.  And he may be a douchebag, but at least he knows how a hat fits.

Lala was a great example of how reality TV life has warped the brains of those on it.  Her face while Daniel Wa was acting like a normal, mature, adult human being was as if she was being asked to divide by zero or explan string theory.  Utter, complete, massive disconnect.

999% team Ariana (her conversation with Brock was awesome), although I do think some day when it's not 6 months old she may understand how every last person she knows cannot be AS ANGRY as she is for as long as she is.  (Noting this from the face she made on the boat and her talking head after, regarding Scheana talking about Tom.)  I felt kinda bad she didn't see the part of the conversation where Scheana read Tom (before the trip) regarding Ariana doing nothing wrong.

22 hours ago, mytmo said:

We thought it was odd that Daniel went on the trip but didn't show up for anything.

Sane.  The word you're looking for is sane.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Katie W said:

I still don't get Lala's attitude about Ariana this season in confessionals. Especially since she seems to have gone on a media tour after the season ended and continues to bash her.  Her comments about Dan were really odd to me.  She thinks Dan is suspicious because he got w/ Ariana after she had a long relationship? Lala you had no problems getting w/ "your man" who was still MARRIED when you started seeing eachother.  She's so jealous of Ariana's success it's driving her crazy.

I think it's not just jealousy about the financial/entertainment opportunities Ariana  has received, it's that she has been offered them because Sandoval cheated on Ariana. And I know the voice in Lala's head is screaming "I was cheated on too! And I was married to the guy! And he did it publicly! Where's my sympathy? Where's my boost from being cheated on?" 

Of course we know it's different because we watched Tom and Ariana's relationship for ten years and because the cheating happened not only right under her nose but under our noses as well.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Eh, the rest of her dress was floor length, wasn’t it? I thought it was. 

I have no issue with the amount of skin the dress showed, but I was horrified at the fit and the hideousness of it, hahahhaa! That shit-show looked like it would need to be pulled and straightened and adjusted all the livelong day!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3
45 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Eh, the rest of her dress was floor length, wasn’t it? I thought it was. 

I have no issue with the amount of skin the dress showed, but I was horrified at the fit and the hideousness of it, hahahhaa! That shit-show looked like it would need to be pulled and straightened and adjusted all the livelong day!

And as is true with nearly every full-length dress on all of the Bravo shows, no one gives any consideration as to how the outfit will look while sitting, which is 90% of the positioning on any of these shows.

• Like 4

I liked Lala’s dress, but then again, I am one of the six individuals who likes Lala. I think she has the most perfect body. Her implants are a little too big, but otherwise I would die to have a body like that. But you guys are right. It was impossible to relax in. She covered her chest with her hand as soon as Schwartz leaned over to chat. Even though she swims without her bikini top.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I liked Lala’s dress, but then again, I am one of the six individuals who likes Lala. I think she has the most perfect body. Her implants are a little too big, but otherwise I would die to have a body like that. But you guys are right. It was impossible to relax in. She covered her chest with her hand as soon as Schwartz leaned over to chat. Even though she swims without her bikini top.

There are six of you? 😂😂😂 (but she does have a great body!)

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
(edited)

Why did Daniel fly cross-country to not spend any time with Ariana? If they’re supposedly so in love but hardly see each other in person, you’d think they’d want to spend every second together and wouldn’t be able to keep their hands off each other. This wasn’t reading as a real relationship to me. Moreover, isn’t he some type of fitness influencer? In that case, wouldn’t he want more exposure to build his following? Though, I guess the post-shower scene was enough to build his brand—no need to risk ruining it by speaking more on camera or, god forbid, spending time with his “girlfriend.” She did seem somewhat smitten with him at their dinner, but he seemed more focused on the food. When Ariana mentioned him moving to CA, he was all, oh, god no!! Not at all like contemplating next steps in their relationship. I’m just not getting the angle here. He’s not really here for Ariana or the exposure. Daniel, what’s your deal?! 

ETA: I see that next week is the finale. I wonder whether the show (and maybe Ariana) pushed to put their relationship on the show, and maybe he’s just uncomfortable with being on TV, so he’s like, I’ll show up for you but give you the bare minimum for your show. Which, in that case, makes his behavior a bit more understandable.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)

"Any time"? We saw like 5 minutes of them, and she's under contract to be in X amount of scenes with the rest of the cast; he's not. They probably spent the time that we didn't see (i.e., most of the trip) doing stuff together. And while the dinner did seem awkward and inorganic, that may be because they already had this same conversation in a normal-person way off camera; because it was somewhat expositional, maybe they were asked to do it again -- or maybe the talking points were suggested to them. And he clearly had a friend in the area that he also wanted to hang out with.

I would think that if he was too eager to get himself front and center on camera, that would seem more like a fake and transactional relationship; people would say he's riding coattails to boost his own business. Maybe he just doesn't care about being on the show, regardless of whether he's an influencer? I totally 100% wouldn't want to be either, had I a partner who was on one (and some might say that this show would do the exact opposite of helping him promote a healthy lifestyle).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 11
On 5/1/2024 at 8:05 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Im guessing that lazy Ariana and negative Katie didn’t want to do much work but they also don’t want to pay Penny so they’ll live without her and wait forever to open.

I think Chef Penny was pushed on them by LVP. I don't think they had an issue working with her in the beginning but Penny seemed to want to be more than a CFO. The shop was Katie and Ariana's idea, not Penny's. 

Daniel seems like a chill guy and I understand him not jumping into the group dynamics super quick. He seems to understand that Ariana has to film with Sandoval but he doesn't have to so he's going to stay out of it as long as he can. 

Points to Ariana for all her facial expressions when Scheana was talking about Sandoval at Lala's party and for her conversation with Brock. Why the hell does Ariana need to forgive when Sandoval has still not taken any responsibility for his mistakes? Scheana was making sense in the end when she was trying to get Tom to see the light

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

That whole “forgive to move forward” thing is fine and whatever, but someone doesn’t have to forgive in order to move forward. If you have no plans to keep someone in your life, why does it matter if you forgive them? Seems to me like Ariana is managing to move forward without forgiving, as far as what we see. 

And not to get philosophical, but forgiveness is not, IMO, something you can control. You can want to forgive and say you forgive and act as such, which is all perfectly OK and even laudable, but forgiveness is like, say, disliking the taste or sounds or look of certain things — it just is and you can control only how you deal with it. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 9

Daniel came to spend time with Ariana when he could and took himself out of situations hanging with her ex. It seems pretty normal of him to me to do that. I think it’d be weird if he was pushing to be in every scene.

• Like 11

No matter what is going on between Ariana and Daniel, I can see why she felt it was a good thing for her to bring a hot boyfriend onto the show! 😄

• Like 6
10 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I think Chef Penny was pushed on them by LVP. I don't think they had an issue working with her in the beginning but Penny seemed to want to be more than a CFO. The shop was Katie and Ariana's idea, not Penny's. 

Daniel seems like a chill guy and I understand him not jumping into the group dynamics super quick. He seems to understand that Ariana has to film with Sandoval but he doesn't have to so he's going to stay out of it as long as he can. 

Points to Ariana for all her facial expressions when Scheana was talking about Sandoval at Lala's party and for her conversation with Brock. Why the hell does Ariana need to forgive when Sandoval has still not taken any responsibility for his mistakes? Scheana was making sense in the end when she was trying to get Tom to see the light

I can see why Lisa pushed Penny their way. Those two really haven’t gotten anything done.  They aren’t cut out for all the hands on hard work it takes to start a business. An idea is great but it takes more than a cute name to get an actual sandwich shop up amd running.

I don’t think Ariana has to forgive Sandoval at all and she can certainly be mad at her so called friends for repairing their relationships with him. The thing is, nobody is going to completely cut off anybody (other than Ariana cutting off Sandoval) because the more dumb discussions they have, the more scenes they are in. Ariana is even being cordial to Schwartz now despite saying she was done with him.

Brock giving her advice was ridiculous. He isn’t even actively trying to see his kids. I wish Ariana had told him she’ll hold onto all the anger for as long as she wants and it’s nobody’s business.

There is one thing that does annoy me. Did Sandoval not live with Kristin for several years and then cheat on her with Ariana? Why did Ariana think she was different and above the same behavior?

• Like 3