Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Beyond The Campus Walls

• Start Topic

When a grad student goes missing after a house party, his friends and family believe he buckled under the pressure of his research grant. But, after consulting with his sister Dr. Dory Shaw (Melissa Roxburgh), a professor at the school, Colter uncovers a trail of explicit photos and messages that lead him to uncover a dangerous - and deadly - conspiracy on campus, on the CBS Original series TRACKER, Sunday, May 5 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

• Like 1

Tracker 1x11 Sneak Peek | Melissa Roxburgh Debuts as Dory Shaw

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Justin Hartley as Colter Shaw and Melissa Roxburgh as Dr. Dory Shaw in season 1 episode 11.

• Like 2

2941531_0225b.jpg

Melissa Roxburgh as Dr. Dory Shaw, Colter’s grown Sister  
Nicole Oliver as Polly Baker
Bob Frazer as Professor Hewitt
Mika Bantog as Jada

Tracker01-11.thumb.jpg.3081b583073e232b972b3500c28410d3.jpg

• Like 2
7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

So because Colter shoots the bad guy in the shoulder in self defense he can just leave town?

Colter just shot an active shooter who had just murdered someone on a college campus. That is the best case scenario of "a good guy with a gun", a certain type of politician's "wet dream".

• Like 9
  • Angry 1

That was... interesting. I liked the way Colter interacts with his sister and she seems really cool, I know we're going to see her again.

The case was so unpredictable(kinda) I knew the professor was involved somehow when I saw his picture  on the wall lol but I wasn't expecting that type of development with blackmail/catfishing or whatever that was. When he asked for the gun I was sure he was going to shoot the other guy but I was expecting some type of redemption like saving the kid... nope he went full bad guy and tried to kill Colter too.

Another weird misleading cold open but I kinda like it. What was the deal with the Wyoming Science University sign? it was on screen for like 3 seconds.

Colter is such a sharpshooter! two impressive shots in one episode. He should start wearing gloves while investigating possible crime scenes tho.

• Like 7
8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

So because Colter shoots the bad guy in the shoulder in self defense he can just leave town?

Well he basically shoots/kill one bad guy per episode lol, it was a little odd this time because it looked like he was about to leave town in the same night(a really long night btw)

• Like 7

Well, after next week, we’ll have seen all the sibs as adults..now I want to go back to the first few episodes and see them as kids again.

• Like 2

I really liked Colter's sister Dory, I hope we see her again. And she seems like she sees a different side to their mother and brother than Colter does. I couldn't remember, is Colter the baby of the family?

• Like 9

Does Reenie aware of Colter’s “wake up sheeple” wisdom on education system? This could be a determining factor if they decide to go romantic.

DORY: “Grow up. Mom was not some fragile woman that just got dragged along against her will.”

Obviously Dory doesn’t trust Mary Dove. For whatever reason, she believes there’s more to the story about their dad than their mom has let on. Unlike Dory and Russell, Colter has always looked at his mom through rose-colored glasses.

Mary Dove hiding some secrets won’t be shocking. She’s shady AF. I keep waiting for Colter to ask Dory about her deep mistrust of their mom. But nada. Are they going to address this in season 1? 😏

• Like 9

I thought they forgot about Colter's family drama. I guess not.

I don't like when shows have a long running plot they do nothing to advance, and just dangle it like we're supposed to be interested in something even they don't seem to know anything about.

A mystery is only interesting if you actually get info and not just keep getting reminded that there's a mystery they aren't telling you anything about.

• Like 2

The villain was telegraphed from the get-go but it was still entertaining. I liked the sister and that last scene was really well written and well played.

• Like 9
3 hours ago, emma675 said:

I really liked Colter's sister Dory, I hope we see her again. And she seems like she sees a different side to their mother and brother than Colter does. I couldn't remember, is Colter the baby of the family?

I think he is the middle child. Russel is his older brother, and from what I remember of the flashback, the sister is younger.

I liked the sister and I like the actress, so I hope she is back and has more to do. It is nice that they have someone pushing back on Colter's opinion about what happened.

• Like 10
  • Useful 2

I think Dory knows the truth about their family dynamics. Mom is still living in the woods  off the grid years after Colter’s Dad died.  She obviously wasn’t dragged into the lifestyle by her husband. 
It’s obvious that Dory doesn’t feel Russell had anything to do with their father’s death. 

• Like 10
(edited)

It was nice watching them walk through the quad at SFU.  My husband graduated from there, so we spent a lot of time walking around there, and sitting out by the pool.  Looks almost the same as it did when he graduated in 1989.

Edited by muffkins
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, TheCathedral said:

That was... interesting. I liked the way Colter interacts with his sister and she seems really cool, I know we're going to see her again.

I'm really curious about her statements at the end. We only got a brief flashback to Colter's childhood and father's death. Colter remembers Russell as possibly killing their father but, I found the mother suspicious. Then to have Dory basically throw dirt Colter's sainted mother and Russell trying to talk to Colter really has me wondering if Mama Shaw killed Daddy Shaw.

• Like 7
(edited)
22 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Well, it is Wyoming.

Bobby at the computer:  "Yes, well, I had better download these photos and store them for, um, future reference."

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

It was good seeing Melissa Roxburgh (Manifest series) on this show.  I was expecting her to have a gun in hand.  I got used to seeing her in her cop role on tv series Manifest.  In fact, I was hoping she would come out as a cop and maybe from time to time help out her bro Colton.

The family storyline I hope will come to head by the season finale.  I'm kind of getting bored with it.

• Like 2
(edited)

Dory voicing a rather bleak view on Mama Shaw was great but I was more intrigued by her mentioning that she apparently left soon after Dad's death to live with an aunt and uncle while Colter remained with their mother. Did we know about that?

It really added layers to Colter's characterization. He stayed out of loyalty to his mother but he also must have felt like he had to because both of his siblings 'bailed' - in his view. Looks as if he then transferred whatever negative emotions he felt towards his mother to his siblings. Quite a complex soup of guilt and anger and resentment to deal with. As Dory rightly points out that is another reason he's not answering her calls - or those of Russell's - it's not just that they have differing views on what had happened the night Dad had died.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Like 9
20 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Then to have Dory basically throw dirt Colter's sainted mother and Russell trying to talk to Colter really has me wondering if Mama Shaw killed Daddy Shaw.

Ah-ha. I was wondering what that expression that came over his face was supposed to convey.

8 hours ago, MissLucas said:

He stayed out of loyalty to his mother but he also must have felt like he had to because both of his siblings 'bailed' - in his view. Looks as if he then transferred whatever negative emotions he felt towards his mother to his siblings. Quite a complex soup of guilt and anger and resentment to deal with.

Indeed.
In this episode we get a backstory dump that Colter never went to college, in contrast to his PhD sister:

• [BOB] Well, you know how it is when you're at college. You text someone. Start vibing. You ask to meet IRL, then they ghost you.
  • [COLTER] I didn't go to college.
  • [BOB] Wait, for real?
  • [COLTER] No. The education system is designed to weed out people who are independent, people who think for themselves, won't surrender to the system.
  • [BOB] Okay, see? Now, that's some "wake up sheeple" wisdom I can get into.
  • [COLTER] It's an old Chomsky quote my father would always say to us when we complained.
  • [BOB] Thought your dad was in education.
  • [COLTER] My father was full of contradictions.
  • Like 3
59 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

[COLTER] My father was full of contradictions

I think his father was full of conspiracy theories; and survivor prep.   Mom too.   

• Like 6
On 5/5/2024 at 11:05 PM, shapeshifter said:

Maybe because he didn't let him bleed out and treated him with bomb shelter's tea bags

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 5/6/2024 at 2:05 AM, shapeshifter said:

14 minutes ago, Raja said:

Maybe because he didn't let him bleed out and treated him with bomb shelter's tea bags

Wasn't it a different shoulder wound that got the tea bag treatment?
(please don't make me watch again)

12 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Wasn't it a different shoulder wound that got the tea bag treatment?
(please don't make me watch again)

Coulter got hit on his left so he could still fight without the Ranger backing him up.  Coulter shot this guy in the right shoulder. It seemed to be a reoccurring theme on CBS shows for the past couple of weeks.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Raja said:

Coulter got hit on his left so he could still fight without the Ranger backing him up.  Coulter shot this guy in the right shoulder. It seemed to be a reoccurring theme on CBS shows for the past couple of weeks.

It's been a recurring theme on all TV action shows since the early days of the old westerns (good guy gets hit in left shoulder and can keep fighting; bad guy in right.)  The only exception was Bonanza, where Little Joe was a leftie and always got shot in the right shoulder.  😀

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
24 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

The only exception was Bonanza, where Little Joe was a leftie and always got shot in the right shoulder.  😀

I can't remember how they handled the Rifleman, Chuck Conners could switch hit like Tom Cruise does today.

• LOL 2
45 minutes ago, Raja said:

I can't remember how they handled the Rifleman, Chuck Conners could switch hit like Tom Cruise does today.

I think you answered your own question.😊

Of course, the Rifleman used a rifle and not a revolver, so he didn't have to draw (and could use both arms).  

• Like 2

Well, I liked Dory, the most 'normal' and apparently the most well-adjusted of the Shaw family. Hope we see more of her occasionally. And yeah, glad we got another view of their family situation.

Wasn't really into the case of the week. They gotta stop having Colter shoot people (yes, even if they're bad guys) so often.

• Like 10
On 5/8/2024 at 12:14 PM, ahrtee said:

It's been a recurring theme on all TV action shows since the early days of the old westerns (good guy gets hit in left shoulder and can keep fighting; bad guy in right.)  The only exception was Bonanza, where Little Joe was a leftie and always got shot in the right shoulder.  😀

Thank you so much for reminding me of Bonanza! A show I actually watched!  My crush was actually Adam, but he was in so few I almost had to switch to Little Joe.  

• Like 3
On 5/16/2024 at 5:56 PM, statslady said:

Thank you so much for reminding me of Bonanza! A show I actually watched!  My crush was actually Adam, but he was in so few I almost had to switch to Little Joe.  

I loved all the old westerns (most weren't that old when I was watching...)  I loved Little Joe when I was 11/12, but as I got older I switched to Adam, for as long as he lasted. ☹️

• Like 1