Type keyword(s) to search

Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

• Start Topic

(edited)

image.gif.e8bde071e33354db8c2f094a321ed728.gif

So once again, they’re messing with canon, making Harley an inmate fangirl than his shrink.

I greatly admire and respect Lady Gaga but if she gets an Oscar nomination for this while Margot got nothing from the Oscars for Barbie, I’ll puke.

Edited by Spartan Girl
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I greatly admire and respect Lady Gaga but if she gets nominated for this while Margot got nothing for Barbie, I’ll puke.

What does one have to do with the other? Wouldn't it be more apt to say if she gets nominated for this, while Robbie never got nominated for however many times she played Quinn? Robbie got plenty for playing Barbie—a truckload of money and lots of award nominations.

2 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

That was something, alright. Why didn't they have any singing in the trailer? Cowards.

It's just the teaser trailer. I'm actually shocked we got as much as we did.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

What does one have to do with the other? Wouldn't it be more apt to say if she gets nominated for this, while Robbie never got nominated for however many times she played Quinn? Robbie got plenty for playing Barbie—a truckload of money and lots of award nominations.

I was referring to the Oscar nomination she didn’t get, but I do see your point. I just don’t want this movie to be the one that gets Gaga her Oscar. Hell, I’m already afraid they’ll nominate Joaquin again.

That was a superb teaser trailer, kind of darkly romantic. So, I think this teaser is obviously very misleading. 

My theory for this sequel is - feel free to laugh at it - he falls in love with her but does she with him?  The trailer makes it look like she is another inmate but she is actually a music therapist or some kind of volunteer. Maybe even the doctor as in the comics. In the comics the Joker manipulates and abuses her - maybe they are turning the tables here?  The poor crazy murderous schmuck falls for her and under her spell but she uses him for her own crazy murderous desires. And here is the darkest possibility, in the end she kills him and becomes him?  Smiles. Too dark?

4 hours ago, magdalene said:

That was a superb teaser trailer, kind of darkly romantic. So, I think this teaser is obviously very misleading. 

My theory for this sequel is - ...

I feel like this is the type of movie that doesn't need a big twist. They're both famous bad guys; either of them using/abusing/turning against the the other wouldn't be surprising, however they do it. Harley being an inmate to start seems to be a narrative shortcut.

Honestly, this is where they could take a page from Margot's version of Harley. Spoiler tagging for those who haven't seen The Suicide Squad

"I made myself a promise that the next time I got a boyfriend, I'd be on the lookout for any red flags, and if I saw any, I would do the healthy thing, and I would murder him. And killin' kids.....kind of a red flag."

I don't believe this is going to be that, though. I didn't see the first movie with Phoenix, but I know it's not supposed to be comedic, not even darkly so. More's the pity.

• Like 1
On 4/9/2024 at 9:26 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I greatly admire and respect Lady Gaga but if she gets an Oscar nomination for this while Margot got nothing from the Oscars for Barbie, I’ll puke.

I'm still mad the director of Joker  was nominated for an Oscar and Greta Gerwig wasn't. After I saw Joker I thought, almost everything in here has been done before and been done better. It felt like a retread/reheated version of various 1970s movies and didn't add anything different. Greta Gerwig managed to create a fresh adaptation of a classic work that had been done multiple times before, but managed to make it feel different and new.  

• Applause 1