Type keyword(s) to search

S11 E11: May the Best Woman Win

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Not unlike Jax talking about Kristin and Brittany.  It's as if they feel a need to degrade their girlfriends.  

In Jax's case I thought it was more of self-defense -- "See - she does it too!" 😄

1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

As for Lala and her long nails, she has a nanny (or two), and made her mother move from Utah to help with her daughter. 

I have had very long nails - you can do pretty much anything with them just by bending your fingers a different way.  (Except make a fist and punch someone - Scheana was right about that! 😃). Also I've been getting my nails done since the early 90s and Jo's are as bad as Schwartz's new hairdo.  I would not visit her salon.

1 hour ago, Lassus said:

Agree, which I admit I found actually slightly odd.  Worried?  Or, something?  First of all, I think I was never clear what actually occurred there.  Did it ever come up what happened?  I always had the impression it was a makeout session - a short one at that - and that was it.

Oh it was clear - the girls had been out drinking all day, Tom picked them up and "Lala" hollered from the back seat for Sandy to send Ariana back there because she wanted to "eat her cookie" and Ariana went.  ("Lala" later:  "I asked his permission!")

38 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

Didn't Tori used to be Schemer's nanny? 

If by "used to be" you mean one episode earlier this season - then yes 😂

• Like 2
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Ann (Maddox), Tom's former assistant started working for Ariana and Katie's sandwich shop business a few days ago (I have no idea if anybody else posted about it already). She is an actress, and she has a brand new podcast. 

I think I read something about her in the media forum but do not recall her being an actress before now.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I assume "starred" is sarcastic. That's a weird headline.

Ridiculous headline. According to the article, she had one very short line in the episode where Michael Scott worked as a telemarketer.

• Like 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Watching this episode, an old expression popped into my head: “the opposite of love is not hate - it’s indifference”.   Gross as it seems, maybe a part of Ariana cannot let go of the love she had for him.  Or she needs more time before she can be in the same room as him without being triggered by him.

100%!  I think Ariana's feelings are completely valid--the anger especially.  She'd been with the man for a decade, bought a house together, let him shoehorn his way into her cocktail book, supported his "musical" endeavors and got repaid by getting cheated on with a good friend.  I don't care if she supposedly wasn't putting out as much as Tom would've liked or didn't stock the freaking battery drawer.  No one deserves to be treated the way Tom has treated her post Raquel. She's supposed to just "get over it" (after a couple months) and be civil to him?!  In what world is that normal?  Honestly I think Ariana should leave VPR.  She's obviously proven she has what it takes to make it in other forms of entertainment.  Run girl, and don't look back!  

Edited by Marigold66
  • Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think Schwartz was happy to use Jo for the past 18 months.  She has feelings for him that he doesn't reciprocate but wasn't going to be honest about it.  I think Jo is an awkward person and may have trouble reading other people to some degree, but Schwartz was sending the wrong signals - he is such a smarmy, insincere fuck.  Sandoval is a serial cheater - he always has someone lined up to go to instead of ending one relationship and then looking for someone else.  I hate it when these two are on the screen.  On TV, there's a clip of Lala saying something like:  "I've never seen anyone get cheated on and suddenly become god".  She's referring to Ariana of course, but really, while Ariana's the one who got cheated on, it's Lala who has become god.  She knows all, she sees all.  She never sees anything from another friend's point of view.  She says one thing to their face and then speaks badly of them behind their back. 

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Like 7
  • Applause 4

Ronnie and Ben were discussing Jo on this week’s recap. They think she would be a good addition to the show. She is so different. I think I agree. It also seems that she is not seeking fame. Which makes her really different. She shows up to events looking kind of disheveled. When she first appeared on camera, last season, I think, she seemed to be trying to avoid the camera while leaving Schwartz’s apartment. 

Maybe Katie and she can eventually commiserate over how Schwartz treated them both rather poorly.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Sandoval is a serial cheater - he always has someone lined up to go to instead of ending one relationship and then looking for someone else.  I hate it when these two are on the screen.  On TV, there's a clip of Lala saying something like:  "I've never seen anyone get cheated on and suddenly become god".  She's referring to Ariana of course, but really, while Ariana's the one who got cheated on, it's Lala who has become god.  She knows all, she sees all.  She never sees anything from another friend's point of view.  She says one thing to their face and then speaks badly of them behind their back. 

Haha that's Sandy's problem now - he had his new "love" lined up to go, but she's gone!  And "Lala" has always been horrible.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ronnie and Ben were discussing Jo on this week’s recap. They think she would be a good addition to the show. She is so different. I think I agree. It also seems that she is not seeking fame. Which makes her really different. She shows up to events looking kind of disheveled. When she first appeared on camera, last season, I think, she seemed to be trying to avoid the camera while leaving Schwartz’s apartment. 

I don't know about this - the first episode she appeared on she was so over the top that I felt she was thrilled to be on camera and was trying to be noticed noticed noticed!  It seems like she's calmed down a bit since then - probably a combination of getting used to it, and seeing what bitches the other gals can be.

• Like 6
On 4/9/2024 at 10:32 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I don’t know why, but it has always bugged me when someone says, “my kid” (singular). It sounds less loving than “my child” or “my daughter.” But if Lala were to say, “I have to pick up my kids from school,” it doesn’t bother me at all.

I have no rational explanation for this.

I agree 100%, especially the part about having no rationalization for feeling this way. But, using "my kid" sounds like the parent thinks the child is a possession or something.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, gwen747 said:

I agree 100%, especially the part about having no rationalization for feeling this way. But, using "my kid" sounds like the parent thinks the child is a possession or something.

Oh, my gosh! You understand me! Thank you! 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, princelina said:

Oh it was clear - the girls had been out drinking all day, Tom picked them up and "Lala" hollered from the back seat for Sandy to send Ariana back there because she wanted to "eat her cookie" and Ariana went.

I get this, but talk is talk, especially beforehand and with drunk people.  I'm not saying I want film (har) I just mean this is what I remembered, and it qualifies to me as a drunken makeout/groping.  Maybe I'm just off as far as what I consider "clear".

6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Yeah I don’t like Tori.  She’s THIRSTY!  Desperate to be on the show.

Unlike everyone else who's ever ended up on these shows?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
18 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Ann (Maddox), Tom's former assistant started working for Ariana and Katie's sandwich shop business a few days ago (I have no idea if anybody else posted about it already). She is an actress, and she has a brand new podcast where she discussed Sandoval who said she made things up, and betrayed him. 

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/tom-sandoval-assistant-ann-maddox-starred-in-the-office

https://realityblurb.com/2024/04/05/tom-sandoval-threatens-ex-assistant-ann-maddox-with-legal-action-over-podcast-accuses-her-of-betrayal-lying-and-claims-ariana-never-wanted-her-around-plus-ariana-suggests-ann-was-fired-as/

Yes, or babysitter. 

So she’s trying to make herself a Scandoval victim and cash in like Ariana?! My god these people are exhausting. 

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

but really, while Ariana's the one who got cheated on, it's Lala who has become god.

Ariana stole all her thunder - Season 10 was supposed to be about Lala the wronged woman and her battle with Randall.  Instead, Scandoval eclipsed it all.  I think this was why she was such a "force" during the reunion and so nasty to Sandoval and Rachel - and while I loved the humiliation she offered to both, I did wonder why SHE was the one mouthing off - she had no dog in this hunt.  She was not especially fond of Rachel or Sandoval BEFORE the affair was revealed - there was no betrayal.  But dammit - these two jerks intruded on what was to be HER "wounded woman" season.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Why didn't Jo tone that yellow mess on Schwartz? Did he want that color? I'd assumed that they were going to a silver but then, no, it was not.

Ugh, to expand on my last post about Schwartz, he is such phony re. Jo. He so easily shifted into cold, cool guy who pretends to think the girl misconstrued his words and behavior. I know that guy. Luckily, I stopped dealing with that guys well before my 40s descended upon me.

Also, ugh to Lala too -- again with the beating terminology into the ground. Before, it was "wear" trauma and now it's "soft."

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Why didn't Jo tone that yellow mess on Schwartz? Did he want that color? I'd assumed that they were going to a silver but then, no, it was not.

I doubt Jo worked at that salon, she seems more of a Great Clips kinda gal. Even the salon owner looked mortified and seemed to take over

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I doubt Jo worked at that salon, she seems more of a Great Clips kinda gal. Even the salon owner looked mortified and seemed to take over

Maybe. But my question remains!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

What did I say about judging a hair stylist by her own hair? 😉

• Love 2
(edited)

Ha!

That said, though, my last few hair people never had neat and orderly styled hair. I feel like that’s probably more the norm — isn’t there some old-fashioned saying about shoemakers or something?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 2
On 4/10/2024 at 6:09 AM, laurakaye said:

Schwartz's hair might not look so stupid if he didn't seem to be styling it with melted butter and axel grease.  In the dark.

Schwartz's hair looks stupid not just because of the color, but mostly because it totally clashes with his skin tone. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/9/2024 at 9:13 PM, bosawks said:

If I was debating whether Jo loved Schwartz that dye job answered it.

She hates him.

Good thing she did all that BEFORE he dumped her.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
On 4/10/2024 at 3:01 AM, Kiki777 said:

Maybe a part of Ariana cannot let go of the love she had for him.  Or she needs more time before she can be in the same room as him without being triggered by him.

The day will come when she will look at him and say " what did I ever see in you?" From his Code Blue colored nail polish to his "career" in a band.

Yes Ariana, you WILL someday be embarrassed you were with him. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jst2Wld said:

Yes Ariana, you WILL someday be embarrassed you were with him. 

I remember that same moment of realization with a guy I was head over heels about.  Man that is a horrible day.....

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I remember that same moment of realization with a guy I was head over heels about.  Man that is a horrible day.....

I've experienced it many times but I was much younger then. 

It's always a cesspool of emotions: humiliation for ever being attracted to that person (while all of my friends were giving me the side eye at my choices) and being pissed off that he dumped me first. However, I can laugh at all of those losers now and ask myself "what was I thinking? (Or drinking!)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
20 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

I've experienced it many times but I was much younger then. 

It's always a cesspool of emotions: humiliation for ever being attracted to that person (while all of my friends were giving me the side eye at my choices) and being pissed off that he dumped me first. However, I can laugh at all of those losers now and ask myself "what was I thinking? (Or drinking!)

My answer when I talk about it is to say it was the only time in my life I went for "style" over "substance."

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Honestly, Jo's behavior reminds me of a bipolar friend when she was using (meth). (And I hate to be anywhere near that odious Katie on anything so it pains me.) However, Jo does not seem to have a rough edge or "woe is me" attitude that I think is common with addicts. But awkward conversations and kind of manic mannerisms? Yeah. So I don't know but I feel certain that is not just ADHD there.  lol

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Honestly, Jo's behavior reminds me of a bipolar friend when she was using (meth). (And I hate to be anywhere near that odious Katie on anything so it pains me.) However, Jo does not seem to have a rough edge or "woe is me" attitude that I think is common with addicts. But awkward conversations and kind of manic mannerisms? Yeah. So I don't know but I feel certain that is not just ADHD there.  lol

She's just super excited to be on tv!  That's why she was so weird at first.  Then as she relaxed about being on tv she got uptight because the regular gals were so mean to her, which they probably weren't in real life - she was expecting Katie to be mean, because of course, but when the rest of them, even Allie, stood there giggling and making fun she was shocked.  Then to top it off Schwartz was planning to go to the single event for camera time; he "allowed" her to come when she asked but then went as a single guy, and then made it clear to her on camera that having great sex and a great friendship with her is NOT what he was looking for - she was undone then.  I think it's how regular people would react - "reality tv" people don't behave like normal people any more.

• Like 2
On 4/9/2024 at 11:29 PM, princelina said:

Rules for being friends with "Lala":  

1.  She can do or say whatever she pleases - you are to recognize that that's how she is and get over it

2.  You must be very delicate in how you treat her or you will hurt her feelings irreparably and she will come after you like a tiger . . . then see Rule #1.

@princelina come on now you’re being silly!  Lala can’t come after you like a tiger, did you forget that “she’s soft now”?  She can only come at you like a kitten 

• LOL 4