Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

On 12/24/2017 at 1:19 PM, MargeGunderson said:

Why can’t they get that poor child some age and size appropriate glasses? My grandpa wore those in the early ‘80s.

For some ungodly reason, those glasses are back in style (I blame Justin Bieber). I hope Ali picked them out herself, but I wouldn't be surprised if Leah helped her decide they were cool. She does have some more normal ones though. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Christi said:

so did they just throw Pete the pig to the curb? Really hate people abandoning their animals when a baby comes.  Assholes

I think they still have the animals but they've been banished to the backyard now that Watson is the shiny, new toy. Chelsea doesn't post pictures of them at all on Instagram anymore and they're never in the house. 

• Love 3

Pete the pig was the placeholder until she could get her babyyyyyyyyy. "Coleeeee!!! I didn't get a pig until I had...someone in my life...that I could do this with! Please don't make me a single mom again! Please! Pleeeeeeease!!!! Promise you won't make me a single mom!!!" Pete was their fantasy child together until a real one came along. 

• Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:06 AM, druzy said:

Compare this tree and presents photo to Mackenzie's. lol 

3 hours ago, Christi said:

so did they just throw Pete the pig to the curb? Really hate people abandoning their animals when a baby comes.  Assholes

Doubt they would throw a pig to the curb after putting up a fence for it. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Maharincess said:

That's a whole lot of assuming. Who said the animals are locked outside? Who said they don't care about the animals now that they have a new "toy"?  I never knew that if an animal isn't on social media every day it's being abused. 

Yeah I don’t think Chelsea would ever mistreat her pets. I love my three furry guys to death and they are just as cared for as usually, but I haven’t taken many good pictures for them lately cause I have been busy. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah I don’t think Chelsea would ever mistreat her pets. I love my three furry guys to death and they are just as cared for as usually, but I haven’t taken many good pictures for them lately cause I have been busy. 

I agree. Im almost positive that pete is chillin in the garage with a shitload of blankets, food, water, and aubree coming in every 10-15 mins to check on him. I could be wrong, but chelsea doesnt seem like the type that would just let this poor little pig sit outside and freeze.... matter of fact, i think she would break coles balls enough to build pete (and all the other animals they have) some sort of in&out den/garage/out-house inhouse type of thing so they wont be in watsons face, AND still be comfortable. 

Chelsea is ALWAYS the exception! Lol always... 

(God i hate myself for writting that...lol but u guys know its true!!!! Lol) 

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Tatum said:

Did Addie get two pink rifles? That seems a bit excessive.

Also, I love one of the comments on Jeremy's tweet from Captain Amiraca (to whom I will give the benefit of the doubt and assume the misspelling is intentional)- "You don't live here so don't worry about, us who are intelligent and know how to properly shoot and teach our children the safety of it young will handle our own"...

Us who are intelligent indeed.

Some punctuation wouldn't go astray, either. 'Know how to properly shoot and teach our children' doesn't read so well...

• Love 5

I think they still have the animals but they've been banished to the backyard now that Watson is the shiny, new toy. Chelsea doesn't post pictures of them at all on Instagram anymore and they're never in the house. 

Wow, no.  You know what they say about assumptions...

Pete has his own room that they built for him. Chelsea posts instagram live events almost daily and they often include both Pete and the dogs.  In a recent one, discussed in this very thread, Chelsea shows Pete running outside and then running back squealing because he hates the cold.  

• Love 18
12 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Pete the pig was the placeholder until she could get her babyyyyyyyyy. "Coleeeee!!! I didn't get a pig until I had...someone in my life...that I could do this with! Please don't make me a single mom again! Please! Pleeeeeeease!!!! Promise you won't make me a single mom!!!" Pete was their fantasy child together until a real one came along. 

Omg, you win this thread today!

Maybe they ate him. . .

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, snarts said:

Pete has his own room that they built for him. Chelsea posts instagram live events almost daily and they often include both Pete and the dogs.  In a recent one, discussed in this very thread, Chelsea shows Pete running outside and then running back squealing because he hates the cold.  

I really don't understand this Instagram live stuff. Is it those videos that appear at the top of the Instagram page? I asked this question before, and I know someone answered it for me, but I don't check out Instagram all that often and I forgot the information. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Omg, you win this thread today!

Maybe they ate him. . .

My grandma had that happen. ? She grew up on a farm and had a pet pig, the runt of the litter. Well one night they remarked that they hadn't seen the pig lately, and then looked down at their plates...

???

I really don't understand this Instagram live stuff. Is it those videos that appear at the top of the Instagram page? I asked this question before, and I know someone answered it for me, but I don't check out Instagram all that often and I forgot the information. 

Yes.  If someone's Instagram profile pic is outlined in red, they've posted a live video or videos.  They expire after 24 hours.  Click on their profile pic to see them.

Chelsea often posts them, just short little snippets of their every day life, like Watson dancing.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, snarts said:

I follow her and I havent seen Pete 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Christi said:

That was in response to her Instagram live video of Pete she linked to her twitter account. 

Now I'm off to post new pics of my dogs on all social media accounts.  Don't want anyone to think I've kicked them out of the house...

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, snarts said:

That was in response to her Instagram live video of Pete she linked to her twitter account. 

Now I'm off to post new pics of my dogs on all social media accounts.  Don't want anyone to think I've kicked them out of the house...

I don't do social media and now I think that I must sign up for all of them and make sure I post pictures of my pets. I don't want anyone to think I'm abusing or eating them.  I feel bad for all of those poor abused animals that came along before social media existed. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Yes.  If someone's Instagram profile pic is outlined in red, they've posted a live video or videos.  They expire after 24 hours.  Click on their profile pic to see them.

Chelsea often posts them, just short little snippets of their every day life, like Watson dancing.

I am missing out on a lot of stuff by not checking those out. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Christi said:

Better check again. Don't forget, there are videos as well on social media. I was just enlightened about that by @snarts

If you followed me you'd assume I kicked my pets to the curb because I haven't posted much of them on my pages after posting so many of them at one time. 

I mostly post on FB and I just checked my page to see when was the last time I posted a photo of my dog. It was a year ago. Damn, I better get to posting photos of him. I hope my friends don't assume bad things of me just because I haven't posted photos of my pets. 

• Love 8

Count me as someone who thinks Pete is still with them and healthy, but Chelsea has been known to give into impulses and go through extreme fads. I can see why people are concerned! I don't think she would knowingly abuse an animal, but Pete's not the golden boy anymore; Watson is. Just a few years ago, she was obsessed with leopard print and pink, and now there is no trace of that. Think of all the besties she's gone through, too.  I think Pete gave her the "feeling" of having a child with Cole, and now that she has a real one he has been relegated to the background. Not abused, not given up (though Randy does have Betsy), but homegirl does get all excited about something and then drop it like it's hot when something else comes along. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Count me as someone who thinks Pete is still with them and healthy, but Chelsea has been known to give into impulses and go through extreme fads. I can see why people are concerned! I don't think she would knowingly abuse an animal, but Pete's not the golden boy anymore; Watson is. Just a few years ago, she was obsessed with leopard print and pink, and now there is no trace of that. Think of all the besties she's gone through, too.  I think Pete gave her the "feeling" of having a child with Cole, and now that she has a real one he has been relegated to the background. Not abused, not given up (though Randy does have Betsy), but homegirl does get all excited about something and then drop it like it's hot when something else comes along. 

The only “bestie” no longer around is Meghan from what I can tell. Landon was there from day 1 and Chelsea Grace for at least the last few years now. The leopard  print thing was definitely a fad, but I don’t see anything to suggest that she’s dropped Pete completely. They just built him an entire room in their house not that long ago. 

• Love 19

Guys, in no way did I ever say she no longer spends time with Pete and I said I thought he was alive and healthy. I'm sure she still loves him. But she really does get obsessed with things and go 110% in. Apparently Cole is a good match because he does the same thing with the flag. That's all I stated. She surely isn't abusing animals. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 4

I'm not getting how the fact that as a teenager she liked pink and leopard print, but now doesn't has anything at all to do with her pig. I'm super confused about that.  I also don't recall a bunch of "besties", she's about the only one who still has the same friend she had during 16 and Pregnant. Every other one on this show has had about 50 best friends but not Chelsea.

• Love 15

Landon was also on the show. 

You don't have to stop saying anything you want to say. I was just trying to get clarification on how leopard print /pink has anything to do with the pig.  

It's OK to criticize anybody you want, I just don't think making things up to criticize is ok. Not saying you're doing that. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5

Sorry I got a little feisty! It's been a pretty bad day and I guess I took it out on this forum. I was just saying that she tends to get really obsessed with things, and has trouble with moderation. Right now it's the whole deer/hunting/camo theme. It's just not hard to see how, with that personality, Pete might be in pictures every day for a while, but then not many later when he's lost a little bit of his newness. She had one decorating theme and then completely ditched it for something way different. Deep down in her heart, she probably still has a soft spot for leopard print and pink, too. Now I think Watson is her obsession (as would be the case for many new moms). Some people would still talk about Pete all the time, but that doesn't seem to be Chelsea's tendency. She seems to be really into one thing and then switch.  However, I think she loves him and takes care of him well...she's just not the type of person to have him AND watson front and center. 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Her friends in 16 and pregnant were megan, and a couple other girls I can't remember. Just offering another viewpoint. I'll shut up about Chelsea now. Anything other than 100% praise isn't allowed 

Love your posts and I almost always agree with you!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Her friends in 16 and pregnant were megan, and a couple other girls I can't remember. Just offering another viewpoint. I'll shut up about Chelsea now. Anything other than 100% praise isn't allowed 

Wasn’t trying to imply that at all, and sorry if it came across that way. 

• Love 4
On 1/2/2018 at 0:52 PM, MargeGunderson said:

To be fair, wouldn't you also want to teach your children before you shoot them? It would be more effective.

But then again why would you bother teaching them if you’re going to shoot them anyway. Saves on a lot of schooling. And we all know schools aren’t well in the holler. 

Jermy needs to brush up on his grammar and punctuation skills. 

• Love 8

I think it's possible that Chelsea gets kind of obsessive about certain things for awhile, and then moves on. But I also think you could look at that in another way - in that she's a young girl, still trying to figure out who she is. Lots of us could look back and say we're not into the same things we were when we were 16, or even in our early twenties. . We probably tried a lot of different styles, hobbies, etc. out until we found what fit. 

As for Pete, I don't think he's in any way abused or neglected, but I can see him getting a bit less attention after the baby was born. Which, again, I think is common. It happens with many people. Their pets are their world....then they have a baby. They still love their pets to death, but these animals tend to be more self sufficient than a newborn. Things tend to balance back out over time. I'm sure once Watson is moving around more steadily as a toddler, Pete will be in the mix more. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 16
18 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Sorry I got a little feisty! It's been a pretty bad day and I guess I took it out on this forum. I was just saying that she tends to get really obsessed with things, and has trouble with moderation. Right now it's the whole deer/hunting/camo theme. It's just not hard to see how, with that personality, Pete might be in pictures every day for a while, but then not many later when he's lost a little bit of his newness. She had one decorating theme and then completely ditched it for something way different. Deep down in her heart, she probably still has a soft spot for leopard print and pink, too. Now I think Watson is her obsession (as would be the case for many new moms). Some people would still talk about Pete all the time, but that doesn't seem to be Chelsea's tendency. She seems to be really into one thing and then switch.  However, I think she loves him and takes care of him well...she's just not the type of person to have him AND watson front and center. 

I get what you are saying to some degree, but I think it is quite a leap to compare random things she wears to how she feels about her pets.  I would never expect her to go on and on about Pete when she has 2 children (one of which being a baby).  Doesn't mean she doesn't care about him, just that she is busy and happens to be mentioning the changes in her child more than what is going on with her pig--I don't think that has anything to do with a personality trait that she has--just what she chooses to share with people right now.  I also don't see a change in clothing style as obsession or lack of moderation whatsoever.  I think many people, including myself, go through some changes in things they wear--I might be in the mood for a certain thing for a while and then later on it is something else.  But I am not obsessed with that type of clothing, etc...   

• Love 9
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, FairyDusted said:

I just figured she put Pete in his room when she has Watson active so Pete doesn't accidentally knock him over. 

That image is making me laugh.

• Love 6
Just now, FairyDusted said:

Me too! Bowling for Babies!

Oh shit. lol So funny.

Pete would be allowed to roam and drop turds at Catelynn's house for Nova to play with and share with guests. 

Speaking of pigs, what happened to Catelynn's pig? Did he end up as a slab of bacon for Cate's breakfast? 

• Love 4

That's what Jill Duggar does too. She'll literally write, "in goin' to the store to get some good tastin' stuff." But at least Jill is from the South!

aubree looks so cute right there! I like how Chelsea has styled her in an elegant, but age-appropriate way. I wish she had gone through with beauty school, because I do feel she would be good at fixing (other peoples') hair. There's a salon in my hometown that has kind of a blingy, glamorous image, and I could just see Chelsea fitting in really well somewhere like that! I'm sure she would be awesome at doing hair for proms, weddings, etc. 

• Love 9

I hope Pete is alive and healthy...but my guess he went from being a big part of their family, to being thrown in a pen out back.  Pigs are super intelligent, bond quickly and suffer from a stress related disease called Dippity, which is brought on by situations like this.

She is very active posting pics of her family, and Pete aint there...?

Edited by Christi
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Christi said:

I hope Pete is alive and healthy...but my guess he went from being a big part of their family, to being thrown in a pen out back.  Pigs are super intelligent, bond quickly and suffer from a stress related disease called Dippity, which is brought on by situations like this.

She is very active posting pics of her family, and Pete aint there...?

Situations like what? 

Maci doesn't post photos every single day of her animals on social media, but I am sure they are alive and well. 

Pete has a room in the house. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Christina87 said:

That's what Jill Duggar does too. She'll literally write, "in goin' to the store to get some good tastin' stuff." But at least Jill is from the South!

aubree looks so cute right there! I like how Chelsea has styled her in an elegant, but age-appropriate way. I wish she had gone through with beauty school, because I do feel she would be good at fixing (other peoples') hair. There's a salon in my hometown that has kind of a blingy, glamorous image, and I could just see Chelsea fitting in really well somewhere like that! I'm sure she would be awesome at doing hair for proms, weddings, etc. 

I think so too, Chelsea could’ve excelled at makeup artistry and hair styling, but all the people I know starting out need to have HUSTLE to make money at it (even if they are talented). 

A million times yes to Aubree being stylish but still a little girl! A little girl can love dressing up/clothes etc and NOT be sexualized. Of course there is nothing wrong with a young girl not caring about these things, but it urks me when people use an interest in fashion to sexualize their prepubscent child. No just no. Aubree looks cute and comfortable in these photos, and like the young girl she is, not a tiny woman. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 12