Type keyword(s) to search

GC Woman Most Likely to Survive 2024 Bracket

• Start Topic

I'm torn - but am going to go with Abby.  She managed to go toe-to-to with Phyllis for awhile when she owned her hotel.  Or maybe it was a restaurant. And she has better hair than Lauren. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Lauren. Abby has toothpick arms with no visible musculature, and is rarely seen carrying anything heavier than an iPad or a couple of menus.

Edited by Denize
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Lauren,  ding-ding-ding !! She's had a knock down drag out fight with Traci in a hospital...a bloody battle with Sheila in the Jabot Lab...and an epic fight with a wedding dress wearing Sheila [ B&B ]. The woman is strong.

Lil' Abby picked up her backpack to toss and it nearly crushed her. Was that Stitch that sprang from behind a tree to spirit her away ??

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Seven of the Elite 8 are set. However, there was tie in the Sweet 16 round between Abby and Lauren for the eighth slot. Therefore:

This is the tie-breaker contest:

Which woman can pick up and toss their large travel/weekender backpack (stuffed it about a week's worth of clothes, shoes, makeup, and other personal items) the farthest?

Abby
  or
Lauren

Tiebreaker voting will be open until around this time Monday, April 1. Hopefully the Elite 8 round can begin on Monday too. Thanks for your patience!

Note: the contestants' backpacks are this size

spacer.png

and each contestant's as yet unpacked backpack weighs between 20 and 30 lbs.

Abby!   I wish they were tossing ButtBiscuit, though.

• Hugs 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Denize said:

or a couple of menus

yeah, but they are planks of wood.  I think if Lauren tried to lift and throw anything parts of her body may snap or she'd pull some stitches.

My vote:  Abby

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Lauren, don't let her tiny frame or age fool you. She carries around that ginormous heavy wig constantly. Just take off the wig and replace it with the backpack and she wouldn't feel the difference. Heck, that backpack probably weighs less than her wighat. She'll be sprinting whilst all the others are struggling. Go Lauren!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 10
(edited)

Lauren. she'll cut a bitch like Abby to ribbons, so much so thst Abby will look like the fringe on a bad 70's suede hippie jacket!

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

I like Abby enough, but I don't think she's ever had or won a real fight. Mia snatched her up like it was nothing(which I thought was BS but still), Sharon smacked her & almost beat her up, I think even Dummer kinda gave her the work once. If the show still got down like that, Amanda would've kicked her ass after catching her with Devon. She can hardly fight, but one thing doesn’t necessarily have to do with the other. So maybe she could toss a 30lbs backpack idk...I just personally don't see it. 

Lauren OTOH, has fights that are part of iconic vintage soap catfights. Just about any soap fight compilation on YouTube will have at least one of her fights vs. Traci and/or Shelia. And I don't think she's aged out of being able to throw down quite yet.

So I'll have to say Lauren, even if I like Abby more. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Gotta go with Abby- theoretically, though we never see it, she’s been lugging around a toddler and a diaper bag for awhile now. 
Lauren’s got spunk, and in a cat fight she might take it, but I’m thinking at her age there’s been some muscle loss, so this would not be her best event.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Former Naked Heiress Abby won the tiebreaker contest over current Fenmores Department Store Heiress Lauren, by one vote.

Lauren, it's been real. Bon voyage as you return to the mainland.

Coming up next: the Elite 8 round of the GC Woman Most Likely to Survive 2024 Bracket.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

For the second competition, the CBS producers have set up a replica of a grocery store in the mansion’s ballroom. Each woman will take a shopping cart and fill it up with groceries from the store. (Note: meat, deli, and bakery items will be fresh but prepackaged.)

The women will compete in pairs to guess the total cost of the grocery items they selected, without going over the actual cost.

Then, each woman will pack their own groceries in jumbo Louboutin tote bags, which they will also estimate the total price of without exceeding the actual cost.

The producers will give each contestant 15 minutes to pick their groceries, 5 minutes to pack them in the designer tote bags, and 2 minutes to guess the total costs of their groceries and totes.

These are the pairings for the Elite 8 round:
Mariah
  vs
Abby
~~~~~~~~~~
Nina
  vs
Audra
~~~~~~~~~~
Nikki
  vs
Lily
~~~~~~~~~~
Diane
  vs
Sally

So, which contestants will do better than their competitor in guessing the GC retail prices of the groceries and luxury bags, coming closest to the single sum total without going over? Please vote for one woman in each pair.

The four winners of this Elite 8 round will proceed to the Final 4. Results should be posted around this time tomorrow (Tuesday, April 2).

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

The key equipment to be provided to each contestant in the Elite 8 round's pricing game:
spacer.pngspacer.png

The women may use however many tote bags they need to bag all their groceries.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Mariah, Audra*, Lily, and Sally are my picks for women who might have visited a grocery store recently enough to actually know the price of food. (I'm discounting the cost of the luxury tote bag, since I'm guessing they are all savvy enough with the prices of luxury goods.)

* I'm still not quite sure who this Nina person is. I should probably Google it and see if it would affect my vote. 

Update: Despite @Peppermint making an excellent case for Nina, I'll stick with Audra.  

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

@tessaray...Nina came to Genoa City as a pregnant teen, had her baby stolen, then later became an out of wedlock mother yet again, by Phillip Chancellor II . They married, he died/disappeared, Nina raised III alone. [And there was another out of wedlock pregnancy.] Even though a successful professional now, Nina had an early hardscrabble life so should be able to recognize grocery prices...

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Mariah

Audra

Lily

Sally

Have to admit Lily's the only one I remember carrying groceries. The rest seem to rotate all their meals at Crimson Lites, Society, or the GCAC.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Diane vs Sally.  Diane knows exactly what she wants and how to get it and in mercenary way knows the price of everything material, from fur to frozen yoghurt while Sally had a hard upbring and has had to scrabble most of her life.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Mariah
~~~~~~~~~~
Nina
~~~~~~~~~~
Lily
~~~~~~~~~~
Sally

I hate having to vote against Nikki, but I don't think she even knows the price of a bottle of Grey Goose. Nikki Newman, come on down, you're the next contestant on the Price is Wrong!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)

Ok, so hear me out. The luxury bag knowledge is the important part. You could be maybe $50-200 off on groceries, but if you don’t know you luxury bags you could be off by thousands.

Mariah has never bought a luxury item in her life, so Abby wins that pairing even though she’s most likely has never done any grocery shopping in her life. She may have some idea about food from looking at Society’s budget.

Audra is a shrewd business woman who wasn’t raised rich. She’s gonna ace this entire event, both parts.

Nikki doesn’t know the price of anything. I’m sure Victor buys his baby all her luxury items to keep her from making him pay for his multiple indiscretions. So Lily wins that pairing by default.

Diane and Sally could be a closer call.  It’s been awhile since either bought groceries. However, Diane probably spends her evenings perusing luxury items she can buy with Jack’s money. I’m going to give it to her.

Summary:

Abby, Audra, Lily, Diane

Edited by lgprimes
So many typos!
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Gotta got with 

Abby.  Not that she actually EATS any groceries, but she does buy them for those feckless mortals who dine at her restaurant who, unlike her, need actual sustenance and can't survive on Oxygen refreshers.

Nina.  The woman who raised Chance definitely knows her groceries because that boy isn't filling out his clothes so nicely without some expert help in the food department.

Lily.  We just saw her with a bag of groceries she was going to feed Daniel.  Now that she's learned he survives on scum sucking and bottom feeding, she can go back to those delicious Oxygen refreshers like her good friend, Abby.

Diane.  I'm sure she knows her groceries, just as I'm sure she knows what poison pairs best with each meal plan.

Edited by boes
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 6

Voting for the Elite 8 round will remain open for another 24 hours or so (ending Wednesday, April 3). Thanks all for participating and for your patience!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

No more voting in the Elite 8 round. Results to be posted soonest.

Thank you, thank you to everyone who voted!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
yikes
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

One Elite 8 contestant fairly solidly lead the pack, while another barely scraped by with a single vote.

Abby, Audra, Nikki, and Diane, if you leave now you can probably catch happy hour at the GCAC jazz lounge. Au revoir.

Mariah, Nina, Lily, and Sally, you did it, you made it to the Final 4!

Up next: the Final 4 round of the GC Woman Most Likely to Survive 2024 Bracket.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

For the 3rd competition, the CBS producers will send the women to the mansion’s home gymnasium. There the women will compete in 2-person teams to build a giant, colorful, plastic cube:
spacer.pngspacer.png

Note: The completed cubes are approximately 3 ft x 3 ft x 3 ft, in size, and there are more than 200 possible ways the pieces can be combined.

While each team builds their cube on their half of the gymnasium, they will be pelted with Nerf tennis balls shot from six automatic ball launchers standing about 20 ft away.

When they have completed their cube, the women must do a high five and touch their smart rings to each other. The tap will stop the time clock for their team.

These are the two teams for the Final 4 round:
Sally
  and
Nina
     versus
Lily
  and
Mariah

So, which team will complete their giant cube the fastest? Please vote for one of the teams.

The two women of the winning team in this Final 4 round will continue on to the Championship round. In the Championship round they will vie against each other for the $1M grand prize.

Voting results should be posted around this time tomorrow (Thursday, April 4).

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Key equipment to be involved in the Final 4 speediness round:
spacer.pngspacer.png

The Nerf balls will be launched at the contestants at a rate of about one ball per .5 seconds.

Based on pre-game testing, the show producers do not think the launched Nerf balls will hit any of the contestants above their shoulders.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

Mariah

and 

Lily.

Lily has survived a long term relationship with both a cow tipper AND an at-large ButtBiscuit so she's an expert at dodging his unleased boogers which are even worse than nerf balls and fly at a higher velocity.  Just of late, she's been dumped by an errant scrap of Phyllis DNA and seems to be surviving that indignity as well.

They both got it.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Sally and Nina.

While I hate discounting Dru's offspring, I'm voting for Sally and Nina. Although I may have trouble remembering Nina (Chance's mom, Chance's mom, Chance's mom...) after watching everything Sally went through on B&B, I'm pretty sure she can beat Mariah and Lily. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 3
  • Love 2