Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

Just now, Hellga said:

I think he looks like an overstuffed sausage.  You don't need to wear skin-tight at 2X even if it's really impressive coming down from 9X!!! 

Yeah, they're too tight. 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

My experience at my 50th college reunion was when I showed my then class picture to an athlete who was being honored and he stared at the picture for the longest.  

He said " You were CUTE!!!!  How did you get past me?"

My thought was "What's with this Were Shit?"

Right? Hell, I was cute then but I am freaking ADORABLE now. 

• Fire 2
  • Applause 4
3 minutes ago, mk828 said:

So is it just me, or is anyone else feel like we're watching a real life Peter Griffin in front of us with Nathan???

I choked on my reheated pizza!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I think he looks like an overstuffed sausage.  You don't need to wear skin-tight at 2X even if it's really impressive coming down from 9X!!! 

They always seem to go very tight with the new clothes.   It'f going to be OK if they keep losing, but I agree that the poundticipants often buy too tight clothes.  

After surgery, first weigh in.   Nathan looks so much better without the lymphedema.   Nathan lost 272, and total 335 lbs off.  Amber looks nauseous when she sees his loss. 

Amber is 455, lost 4 lbs.   

If he gets to 200 lbs, he can have the other skin surgery.   I wonder if Nathan realizes how big a deal the surgery on that scale is for that skin removal.   He'll have to be off work for at least 6 weeks.   So, Amber lost her job?   But did get another one. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
2 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

Amber is SO passive aggressive. Telling him that sausage skin shirt looks good on him. Puhleeze. We have eyes.

She was also cackling like a Halloween decoration. I'm thinking Effexor XR, the highest dose allowed.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

The only HS drama I knew about was our security guard used to sell cigarettes to the kids. And there was a rumor one of the math teachers was having an affair with a football player, but I could never get any confirmation if it was true.

I had a blast at my 35th reunion when I reconnected with a few old friends that I hadn't seen since graduation, and esp one who ghosted me after she moved during high school. She told me she was really sorry and really felt bad about it and I was like, oh, well, I clearly survived the trauma but was glad to try again. She moved to my state and we try to see each other as often as we can ( she's still working and I have retired!). Reunions can be awful but I've always had a good time. Low expectations help!

• Love 1

LOL she smiled.

I love how she has to look at the chart and the empty waiting room to figure out who she's calling.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
6 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

Guesses on the spring production at Nathan's school. 

Little shop of Horrors

Rent

Suessical 

Those are my guesses

Into the Woods

Grease

I'll guess Rent too. 

Hi everyone! I was watching Jeopardy Masters but just want to pop in and say hey. My eating habit was rotisserie chicken breast, sweet potatoes, and peas.

Just turned on the show; not sure if I remember these people. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Into the Woods

Grease

I'll guess Rent too. 

Marat-Sade The Musical!*

*not an actual musical but dammit it should be!

• LOL 1
Just now, ams1001 said:

Hi everyone! I was watching Jeopardy Masters but just want to pop in and say hey. My eating habit was rotisserie chicken breast, sweet potatoes, and peas.

Just turned on the show; not sure if I remember these people. 

He's the drama teacher, she's a teacher, they live in a double wide that looks like it's going to collapse.  

• LOL 4
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They always seem to go very tight with the new clothes.   It'f going to be OK if they keep losing, but I agree that the poundticipants often buy too tight clothes.  

They probably have badly distorted body image (or they wouldn't get to hugely obese state in the first place) which makes it hard for them to really 'see' themselves, and they probably never learned to dress themselves, always hiding inside their clothes.  That should probably be part of therapy, actually, I remember how much psychology was really taking place on What Not to Wear (I LOVED that show!  and I actually took three image consulting classes at FIT in NYC mostly inspired by the show to take action...) 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

After surgery, first weigh in.   Nathan looks so much better without the lymphedema.   Nathan lost 272, and total 335 lbs off.  Amber looks nauseous when she sees his loss. 

Amber is 455, lost 4 lbs.   

DAMN!!!  Amber weighs twice as much as Nathan!!!!

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Into the Woods

Grease

I'll guess Rent too. 

I'm dying to see Six. Have you seen it? We have been to London twice and caught shows there. It is so much cheaper to see shows over there than here. 

• Love 1
Just now, Hellga said:

They probably have badly distorted body image (or they wouldn't get to hugely obese state in the first place) which makes it hard for them to really 'see' themselves, and they probably never learned to dress themselves, always hiding inside their clothes.  That should probably be part of therapy, actually, I remember how much psychology was really taking place on What Not to Wear (I LOVED that show!  and I actually took three image consulting classes at FIT in NYC mostly inspired by the show to take action...) 

I loved that show, too!  So helpful.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

Amber is SO passive aggressive. Telling him that sausage skin shirt looks good on him. Puhleeze. We have eyes.

She was also cackling like a Halloween decoration. I'm thinking Effexor XR, the highest dose allowed.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

He's the drama teacher, she's a teacher, they live in a double wide that looks like it's going to collapse.  

She the queen of his doublewide trailer. 

• LOL 2

Never seen Dr. Now be as patient with any other poundticipant has he has been with Amber.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

It requires far too much left right backward forward in sync with a stranger. It's not dancing, it's a damned sport.

Just like dating 

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, lemoncake said:

I'm dying to see Six. Have you seen it? We have been to London twice and caught shows there. It is so much cheaper to see shows over there than here. 

I was going to try for tickets last time it was in Boston, but I forget why I ended up not doing it. I'm definitely going to go next time. 

Theater tickets cost the earth. its really discouraging. But now that I'm retired I'm squandering my miserable pittance as fast as I can. Goddammit, I'm going to go to shows and have fun! 

One of my best friends lives in Istanbul. He goes to the opera and symphony performances all the time, its incredibly cheap there. Talk about green with envy. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
1 minute ago, mk828 said:

Never seen Dr. Now be as patient with any other poundticipant has he has been with Amber.

Probably because Nathan is the actual show client and Amber was just thrown in as an extra when Dr. Now saw her and felt compelled to try and help her...

• Like 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

I was going to try for tickets last time it was in Boston, but I forget why I ended up not doing it. I'm definitely going to go next time. 

Theater tickets cost the earth. its really discouraging. But now that I'm retired I'm squandering my miserable pittance as fast as I can. Goddammit, I'm going to go to shows and have fun! 

One of my best friends lives in Istanbul. He goes to the opera and symphony performances all the time, its incredibly cheap there. Talk about green with envy. 

Seriously, you can get a cheap flight to London and buy last minute tickets. We saw Book of Mormon and Wicked last time. I swear I got seats for like 25 pounds, around 30 or so dollars depending on the exchange rate. 

• Mind Blown 2
5 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

I've seen it.  I liked it quite a bit though didn't love-love it.  It's upbeat and at times funny and actually pretty clean (in terms of both language and humor style).   Not something I am particularly interested in seeing again, but it was definitely well worth the tickets.  

7 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The collapse may be due to excessive 'live load.'

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Dr Now seems so lackluster with Amber, shouldn't he be ripping her a new one by now?  Maybe she needs a good scare.  Or maybe he just doesn't care about her because he knows she'll just fail a 2nd surgery anyway?  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I've seen it.  I liked it quite a bit though didn't love-love it.  It's upbeat and at times funny and actually pretty clean (in terms of both language and humor style).   Not something I am particularly interested in seeing again, but it was definitely well worth the tickets.  

Thats how I felt about Hamilton. After all the hoopla, I was expecting to be blown away

• Applause 1
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

About the only US opera theater with the actual repertory is the Met in NYC (And I believe they have some very sweet deals for seniors - not sure if you have to be NYC resident though, I am long ways away from being one).  And even regular tickets for the nosebleed section aren't bad, about $40 for most operas.  I absolutely do miss the opera, Boston is kind of a podunk high culture-wise (though I had a blast at the Art in Bloom at the Museum of Fine Art this weekend)...  this season I think I had seen three out of four staged in Boston, loved one, liked one and despised one.  Let's see what next season will be like.  I am suspicious of their attempt to tackle something the scale of Aida but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised. 

Just now, lemoncake said:

Thats how I felt about Hamilton. After all the hoopla, I was expecting to be blown away

I didn't particularly care for Hamilton either, and most of my friends were underwhelmed compared to the hype as well...  The vibe also didn't work for me, the whole premise of the show, and I didn't connect with the music, so overall I say it was me connecting with the zeitgeist, so it was still worth it. 

4 minutes ago, mk828 said:

I think he realizes how depressed she is.    I can't imagine how it is to weight twice what her husband does now.     Dr. Paradise will see right though Amber's excuses, and she doesn't feel good about her life, or herself.   

Now she admits the past abuse.   I think this could be a turning point for her.   My heart is breaking for her.   I think Dr. Paradise is wrong, she's still just as angry, she's just not admitting it.   

TLC can stop trying to make me watch the Buzbys or the Derricos, I'm not watching either show. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
5 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

Seriously, you can get a cheap flight to London and buy last minute tickets. We saw Book of Mormon and Wicked last time. I swear I got seats for like 25 pounds, around 30 or so dollars depending on the exchange rate. 

And you have to order tickets on Ticketmaster! When I worked at Tufts I was inches from the theater district, so I could just saunter up to the box office and buy tickets, no extra fees, surcharges, service fees.....Now it's impossible. It's infuriating. 

Oh, see? Amber is a saint. She spends her whole life caring for OTHERS. She is the image of selflessness. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

Glad I saw "Hamilton" on Disney Plus.  So much was going on that I'm sure I would have missed quite a bit.

• Like 2

You can't be frustrated if he is doing all the hard work and you are eating huge calorie-laden restaurant dishes and ice cream!!!  

I've het to meet a person who says, "i always put everyone else first.." that actually does that. Its always the exact opposite.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

I enjoyed Hamilton, but I would have liked it better if the sound quality in the theater had been better. My son and houseguest also knew all the songs well, I didn't. I should have listened to the soundtrack a few times.