Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Same! I turned 30 in 1984 and was at the height of my powers. I looked like a million bucks and had a 23 inch waist. But my thing was more Ralph Lauren urban cowgirl or hippie gypsy. Though I did have a fabulous coral Calvin Klein jacket with shoulder pads and I loved it truly. 

For the first, last and probably only time, in 1979 I fit into a pair of Size 14 Calvin Klein blue jeans. I loved those jeans so much! And I looked fabulous too. I was a babe. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I thought the placement of the Pepto-Bismol ad was kind of genius.

Sure, its great for heartburn indigestion upset stomach and diarrhea, but did you know it was also great for jumping insides? 

• LOL 8
Just now, Red Bridey said:

For the first, last and probably only time, in 1979 I fit into a pair of Size 14 Calvin Klein blue jeans. I loved those jeans so much! And I looked fabulous too. I was a babe. 

I bet you're still a babe! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

Let's take up a collection to buy Rose a bra of some sort. 

We might have to reconfigure a parachute for her.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Speaking of eating habits, I made my first Pizza Gaina (Italian ham and egg pie) for Easter!

Compress_20240403_205248_8059.jpg

Your lattice work is so pretty.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Just saw an ad for Lindt Lindor chocolate truffles. I bought the dark chocolate ones on a whim because they were on sale, and I wish I hadn't. Those things are so damn good. 

It helps being a chocolate snob.  When you buy chocolates at $50/pound (or more), you don't want to eat more than the teeny 50 calorie piece at the time... 

On the fashion side,  I love the 70s.  I wasn't even born until early 80s, but how can you not love bell bottoms?  I am so glad they made a couple comebacks so I could flaunt them!  They are so incredibly cool with high heels.   

• Like 4
1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

Let's take up a collection to buy Rose a bra of some sort. 

Not buying her anything!  She can roll up a sheet and wear it like a sling to hold those boulders up!  😁

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
Just now, ams1001 said:

I have an ad on my page that says "How long does it take to lost 37 pounds with chair yoga?"

37 years, maybe? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

Hey, she actually lost over 60 pounds!  I guess she really is walking the walk!  Good for her.  Now, can she keep it up and built up on her success or will she go back to overeating?  She sounds more alive so hopefully it's a turnaround in her mood/life overall and not just in her diet. 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

They all seem to think that eating food that they don't like as much as their usual preference equals sticking to the diet. 

And they never succeed because they regard eating healthy as punishment. They always whinge about never being able to eat anything "good" again. They just glumly chomp up plates of unseasoned overcooked chicken breast and canned green beans. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Same! I turned 30 in 1984 and was at the height of my powers. I looked like a million bucks and had a 23 inch waist. But my thing was more Ralph Lauren urban cowgirl or hippie gypsy. Though I did have a fabulous coral Calvin Klein jacket with shoulder pads and I loved it truly. 

My 20's and 30's were my Primetime, even though I did have babies. 

Me (Iin white) with my sister (in red) and our babies, 1988. I'm 34.

6530.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

I looked like Working Girl after she did her makeover

I wanted to look like Veronica Hamel from Hill Street Blues. Wasn't skinny enough and I had big boobs, but I got the boobs reduced and wore my lawyer suits like a champ.  I still think straight hair looks more professional than the curls I've got, but I've learned to live with them.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I have an ad on my page that says "How long does it take to lost 37 pounds with chair yoga?"

I wish I could find out and make Dr. Now proud. 

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And they never succeed because they regard eating healthy as punishment. They always whinge about never being able to eat anything "good" again. They just glumly chomp up plates of unseasoned overcooked chicken breast and canned green beans. 

I feel seen. 

• Hugs 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, MagicEyes said:

I'm going to celebrate Rose's weight loss by eating some chocolate! 

I'm debating between Oreos and a chocolate milkshake...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I wanted to look like Veronica Hamel from Hill Street Blues. Wasn't skinny enough and I had big boobs, but I got the boobs reduced and wore my lawyer suits like a champ.  I still think straight hair looks more professional than the curls I've got, but I've learned to live with them.

Veronica Hamel was a major babe!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, judylo said:

Where’s the hubby? On the road? In someone else’s bed?

Russell (husband #3) is a long distance truck driver.  Most of the long haul truckers I've known are only home for a few days every month, and that was before the pandemic.   There's a constant shortage of drivers, so I bet the husband's lucky to come home for more that a day a month.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

This was mmecorday circa 1984. 

Duranie.jpg

We must be the same age! God, I loved Duran Duran! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, MagicEyes said:

I'm going to celebrate Rose's weight loss by eating some chocolate! 

The Easter Bunny left me a bag of Lindor truffles the day after Easter when they were half price! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

My 20's and 30's were my Primetime, even though I did have babies. 

Me (Iin white) with my sister (in red) and our babies, 1988. I'm 34.

6530.jpeg

I want your sister's jeans. 

• LOL 1
Just now, MagicEyes said:

celebrate Rose's weight loss by eating some chocolate! 

I'll join you with some cheez-its, but I think this is it.  Jeez - the low carb diet ain't doing well tonight. I've got a continuous glucose monitor and if I don't stay on top of the carbs, it goes off like monthly tornado siren test.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Yeah, that's another attitude I hate.  Right now I am not eating any meat or any sweets for six weeks.  Well, I make my meals as exciting as I can.  My vegan chili isn't as good as my meat chili, but it's still a pretty tasty meal.  And so on. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Chicklet said:

I'm sad I don't have any pictures from the 80's, they drowned in a flood when my basement flooded in a hurricane. 

I lost a lot of photos when I got divorced. My ex was kind of a jerk.

• Hugs 6
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I'll join you with some cheez-its, but I think this is it.  Jeez - the low carb diet ain't doing well tonight. I've got a continuous glucose monitor and if I don't stay on top of the carbs, it goes off like monthly tornado siren test.

Try the White Cheddar Cheez-it Grooves!  I think they are heaven on a tongue.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I'm debating between Oreos and a chocolate milkshake

I'm not seeing a debate here. Diabetes and lactose intolerance be damned. That's what Big Pharma is for!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3