Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

That railing came off way too easy (unless they used tools I didn't see, but that porch doesn't exactly look overly solid).

Such fine craftsmanship. 

• LOL 5

I can't imagine her going to Houston to see Dr. Now.  Even going to a local facility for a weigh-in.  It might be one of those where she calls in and promises to try and never does anything meaningful.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

My mom was not obese but had a dread of falling as she became older and frailer and her panic was just like Delana's. Breaks my heart to hear that in Delana's voice.

Me too. I'm old, mobile but I have a few old lady aches and pains. Yesterday I slipped on a patch of black ice on a sidewalk and fell down hard on my naturally well-padded butt. My tailbone is sore. but nothing is broken. and I was able to get up off the ground by with no assistance. But holy carp, it sucks to get old and lose that seemingly effortless ability to move around that I took for granted. 

I really don't know what to think about Delana but I also hated to hear that pain and panic in her voice.

• Hugs 8
  • Love 1

Of course they broke down. Do these people ever rent a decent car or have their car checked out before the trip?

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Wasn't that some old book or saying, that you should always put on clean knickers getting out of the house in case you collapse in the street and they have to take you to the hospital and undress you? 

My family.

• LOL 5
Just now, Snarkastikate said:

This show has a big vehicle breakdown rate for the trip to Houston.  

Maybe if they do it they get it an extra payment, like a bathroom/shower scene?

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Of course they broke down. Do these people ever rent a decent car or have their car checked out before the trip?

She jinxed them saying she had no concerns about making it there in time.

Sounds like it's a repeat of the problem they just got fixed.  

• Like 3
(edited)

Bless the mechanic for giving them a free van rental. What a good guy.

She jinxed them saying she had no concerns about making it there in time.

I had a feeling that was foreshadowing.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Just now, MagicEyes said:

Is anyone else crying? 

This is super stressful, but also everyone has been so nice to this woman.  It's the kindness that is making me cry!

• Love 5

Did anyone notice a round patch on her upper arm? Kinda orangish-beige?

I have a patch for my continuous glucose monitor, but it's nowhere near that big. Is that a nicotine patch?

• Like 1

It just seems like overall, Delana and her husband are in denial about the degree of her incapacitation, and they haven't prepared well.  They need many more props! 

• Like 7
1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

This is super stressful, but also everyone has been so nice to this woman.  It's the kindness that is making me cry!

He is a really sweet guy.  Delana, you just have to get on with the diet and get healthy to give his act of kindness meaning!

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

That shop gave them a free rental car, despite her size & possible extra wear & tear on the car?  Wow.  👍🏼

Eh, they’re getting paid by Sharp Productions is my bet. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

It's always taken me longer than that to have a tow truck even show up.

I got a flat tire once on my way to work but I realized it when I stopped at Starbucks a couple miles from home (I think that was the one where I got a giant screw in my tire so it might have happened on my way there). My dad came and traded cars with me and waited for AAA so I wouldn't miss work. They showed up about five minutes after I left...turned out the guy was parked on a side street about a mile up the highway just waiting for a call to come in.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

That does happen, time and again. 

My brand-new Nissan had fuel injection pump problem, had it fixed a couple times while under warranty within the first two years of owning the car, whatever they finally did the last time solved it and I drove that car for 12 years with no other problems, jsut regular maintenance.  It literally never once broke down on me in its 125,000 miles.

• Like 1

She beat my expectations by getting into Houston successfully and it sounds like on time despite the setback.  I have my hopes up now.  Doesn't she dare disappoint me!

• Like 2
(edited)
22 minutes ago, katycat74 said:

I was puzzled too. Thought she was getting in the car to go shopping. Why didn't she just get in?

The hood's up on the minivan, so maybe it wouldn't start.   So, mother Sharon who kidnapped her for a year, dumped the sister miles from home and told her to walk, and stayed gone for years is back?   Now she's hurt herself.   I'm not surprised her joints gave out.   I hate that she's in so much pain, and those firemen are certainly doing everything they can.   Why don't they get her the walker?    She's one of the few poundticipants who thanked the firemen. 

Taking the deck railing down works better.  I'm guessing they won't make 7 hours.  Van breaks down 50 miles from home, and the camera crew push them off the interstate.  I'm so glad they had the camera crew there to help.  The mechanic shop will loan her a rental but not charge them, to get to Texas, how lovely of them.   

I'm so sad for her, she's one that's in tremendous pain.   I hope she's a success story.   I am so afraid of what Dr. Now will find with his tests, and when he looks at the condition of her legs.  

Month 1-646.   I wonder if she really did lose any weight recently?  I hope so.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Eh, they’re getting paid by Sharp Productions is my bet. 

I don't think they have ever done that before though. Or at least, not like this. Sometimes people have "come up with the money for a rental..."

That leg looks BAD.

• Like 3
Just now, Chicklet said:

We missed the hotel stay drama. I feel cheated.

Just replay her wailing from her fall near her house on repeat a few times.  Bet you wouldn't have heard anything different.

I am going to guess 634

• Like 2