Type keyword(s) to search

💚Green-Light! Exemplary Community Engagement💚 

Congratulations! Starting on page 2, this thread’s discussion reflects our core values of diversity, respect, and constructive engagement. Your kind and considerate contributions turned this topic Green.  

Here’s to continuing this success:

- Recognition: A big thank you to all contributors for navigating a difficult topic in a healthy, and respectful way.

- Inspiration: Let’s keep this momentum going! Continue to engage with empathy, listen actively, and recognize diverse perspectives.

- Grow Together: Encourage each other to have respectful conversations about difficult topics and to keep humor smart for maintaining a Green Light status.

Your collaborative efforts are what make our community thrive.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, quarks said:

(head in hands)

Surely someone, somewhere, in that mess of Duggars, adjacents, and random people at the supermarket, has told Anna exactly what I would tell her right now: she needs to stay off social media for at least another three to four years, possibly longer.

No exceptions. 

Wouldn't it be nice if she came back to say "I was so judgmental of single moms, this is hard work.   Hang in there, you can do it."   Or you know, showed SOME semblance of self-awareness.

She deserves all the dragging she is getting.

• Like 9
  • Applause 7
29 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

Are Anna and the kids living in the TTH?  I was thinking one of the boys had moved to the warehouse.

I don't think we know for sure, but Anna and the kids did move into the TTH when Josh was in Jesus Jail a few years back and speculation is that she, a mere woman, would not be permitted to live on her own without direct supervision from a godly male and Jim Bob has taken that on since Joshie is not available.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

Well the TTH certainly has room for Anna and her kids, at least by Duggar standards.

Jason, James and Justin with the 3 boys. Jana, Johanna, Jennie, Jordyn and Josie with Anna and the 4 girls - only one more than they had when all the daughters were home, well possibly 2 more if Laura still lives there. And Jana has her she-shed and there's the laundry suite bedroom.

Oh wait, I hope the bunkbed twins return the girls' beds.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Wouldn't it be nice if she came back to say "I was so judgmental of single moms, this is hard work.   Hang in there, you can do it."   Or you know, showed SOME semblance of self-awareness.

She deserves all the dragging she is getting.

I mean, that might be nice, but honestly, at this point, I think that she'll still be the target of vitriol and hate even if she only posts pictures of adorable puppies. 

That's not helpful or healthy, regardless of her current living situation.

• Like 6
17 hours ago, quarks said:

I think that she'll still be the target of vitriol and hate even if she only posts pictures of adorable puppies. 

That's not helpful or healthy, regardless of her current living situation.

Agreed.  I don’t comment  on any of their social media.  I actually don’t even make negative comments on my friend’s social media. That’s their space.   I actually don’t post much controversial stuff on my own social media out of courtesy  for non like minded people who see it.  

I come to these forums to make my comments.  I figure the Duggars and adjacent know what they are getting into if they choose to read here. 

• Like 19
26 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Did the Supreme Court officially deny his request?

Not yet. The feds just submitted their argument to deny the petition in late May. I have no idea how long it takes for the court to rule.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Anna has a new LLC, Golden Grove Pups, address is the TTH. 

So, she's now a dog breeder? What else could it be? 

Good grief I hope not.

She sure does have quite the list of inactive LLCs.

• Like 3
  • Sad 6
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Does she know anything about breeding dogs?  Or is she running a puppy mill?  I'm curious to know what is going on.

It'll just be JB hiding his assets again, I reckon.

• Like 13
  • Useful 2
45 minutes ago, Gweilo said:

It'll just be JB hiding his assets again, I reckon.

Is the IRS truly too stupid to see what’s he doing with all of these LLCs?

• Like 10

This is a colossally stupid idea for many reasons. First and foremost, being a responsible ethical breeder takes years and years of education, training, and a general love of the breed. These people don’t even have dogs! Second, how would she even market her puppy mill? Not a lot of people are going to want to get a dog from her. Posting on any social media will not go well at all. Unless she’s going to join Crocket Doodles as a “partner” home which is like a puppy MLM with a dash of fundamentalism. So that would be on brand for them. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
9 hours ago, AstridM said:

Not "stupid", just overworked with much bigger tax cheats to go after. Jim Bob Duggar is a very, very little fish (one might almost say a bottom feeder) in a very big pond. I'm sure that he's on their radar and his penny-ante scams will catch uo to him someday.

As far as going after reality TV stars for tax fraud, both Todd Chrisley and his wife (of "Chrisley Knows Best" fame) are now sitting in prison. But their crimes were much more serious (and involved much larger amounts of money) than Jim Bob palying fast and loose with his LLCs.

• Like 8
  • Useful 5

Oh God, I hope this does not involve actual dogs and puppies. Not with this family’s track record.

When I worked in the consumer protection division at a state agency, one of my “industries” was anything animal-related. Usually, that meant puppy scams — heartbreaking, but at least there were no real animals involved.

But there were multiple times when I had to call a sheriff’s office to do a wellness check on suspected animal cruelty. The two worst cases I dealt with involved Uber-religious/conservative types who put Bible verses all over their web pages.

Not saying they would abuse their animals the way the other folks did, but there’s no sign Anna or anyone else on the compound would have the slightest idea what they were doing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
22 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I'm sure that he's on their radar

Oh he's definitely on their radar.   Once they focus on a family, they start turning over all the rocks.   Josh put them all under the microscope by all governmental agencies.   

It might be Jim-Bob hiding assets again, but if the LLC is in Anna's name, she could be charged as a co-conspirator.   All of the adults that JB gave phony LLCs to to move assets around could be charged.   

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 8

While LLCs can be a safer way to start a legitimate business, its also a well known loophole to reduce paying federal taxes and to reduce overall taxes owed. 

I don't know how they came about, but it wouldn't surprise me if LLCs were sold as helping the 'little guy' while fully intended to be used by the rich.

The IRS isn't all that concerned with multiple LLCs unless something else that is shady is going on. Plus I think JB&M have maybe 4 LLCs and they are likely semi legit. Its the kidults who have most of the LLCs.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
56 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Not "stupid", just overworked with much bigger tax cheats to go after. Jim Bob Duggar is a very, very little fish (one might almost say a bottom feeder) in a very big pond. I'm sure that he's on their radar and his penny-ante scams will catch uo to him someday.

As far as going after reality TV stars for tax fraud, both Todd Chrisley and his wife (of "Chrisley Knows Best" fame) are now sitting in prison. But their crimes were much more serious (and involved much larger amounts of money) than Jim Bob palying fast and loose with his LLCs.

Unfortunately, the IRS is known is spend more time on small time cheaters than the bigwigs.

8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Its the kidults who have most of the LLCs.

And one has to wonder WHY that is.

• Like 7
10 hours ago, AstridM said:

The loophole was made legal for shifting assets to llcs known as "pass-through" businesses in 2017.

Hopefully this is not breaching the politics rule. But if you look up the "Corker provision" you can read about it.

• Angry 1
  • Useful 5
13 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Unfortunately, the IRS is known is spend more time on small time cheaters than the bigwigs.

And one has to wonder WHY that is.

Probably to reduce the taxes on the "income" they were making from the show.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Piercing the corporate veil on these would be so easy.   Its obvius they are just JB's alter ego.   Wish the kidults had truly independent legal counsel, not Travis Story saying, do whatever JB tells you.   

Anna needs to be careful.   She's all those kids have left (okay she's all they ever had).   

• Like 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

But the show has now been over for years. Why is Anna still starting new ones?

• Like 1

I had never heard of Crockett Doodles, so I looked up their web site.  It sounds fishy to me.  It's like going to a furniture store to buy a couch.  You order a dog by breed, size, color, and coat.  They are "family" raised which doesn't mean much to me.  That can mean it is raised by a nice family, a wild family, or left in a cage.  The site was not really very forthcoming on pricing, but I was amazed at how many doodle "breeds" they sell.  I got "puppy mill" vibes, but their site is very extensive.  They must have hundreds of "families" raising dogs for them.  Both my brother and SIL are into buying dogs from breeders.  I prefer to go to the local shelter and see who I fall in love with.  I wonder if Anna is going to be a "family" that raises dogs for a company like this.

How do you buy a pet without meeting it first?  I guess if you tell them what you want they just send it to you.  Like ordering a couch.  They ship country wide.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 4
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

But the show has now been over for years. Why is Anna still starting new ones?

I'm guessing because, as the judge in Josh's case said, they have plenty of money. Anna would be taxed on the interest earned on any savings.

• Useful 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Anna's previous llcs also had a few pieces of property that have been sold for a decent amount. One lot, if I remember correctly had a house built on it by Jason's Buildmaster Construction llc and sold by Joe's Duggar Realty llc for around $400,000 or so.

I seem to recall the one house Josh and Anna briefly lived in was somehow sold conveniently to a Travis Story llc.

That creepy accountant JB has certainly works to keep all these llcs sorted. He is also the listed accountant for the MedicCorps shenanigans.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

If this is a front for a puppy mill, I would hope (and maybe pray a little) that people would stop and realize where their money would be ultimately going=Josh.  If this is her plan, it's disgusting.  I almost wish it was just another way for JB to hide some cash.

• Like 9

Given how many llcs the duggars have and how they name them, would we be surprised if it's nothing more than Anna got a couple of new pups and the dogs have their own llc??😂

• Like 3
  • LOL 12
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Given how many llcs the duggars have and how they name them, would we be surprised if it's nothing more than Anna got a couple of new pups and the dogs have their own llc??😂

Yeah honestly I don't buy it is a legitimate business at all. I've not kept up with Duggar properties and LLCs for a few years now, but Anna has had a lot of businesses in her name, and I'm not sure any of them were real businesses. 

• Like 9
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

For sure. Anna could have only one dog - male or female - and pretends she intends to breed with someone else.

Or course she could have no dogs and if, and that's a big if, anyone inquires as to the legitimacy of her LLC she can just say her purchase of a dog fell through.

• Like 4

I hope with all the things that JB is a liar about I hope he's lying about this.  I hope they don't have any innocent dogs around to mistreat, neglect or over breed.

• Like 9
  • Applause 7
36 minutes ago, Zella said:

I just saw a news notification that the Supreme Court denied Josh's request to hear his appeal.

I wonder if Anna, Michelle, and/or JB are at all prepared to face reality now. Josh isn't going to be released pending a new trial. He's going to be in prison until he's served his sentence. 

• Like 24
40 minutes ago, Zella said:

I just saw a news notification that the Supreme Court denied Josh's request to hear his appeal.

Thank you for this post.  So he has tried everything now, right?  I wonder how much it cost to file this appeal.

• Like 15
4 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Thank you for this post.  So he has tried everything now, right?  I wonder how much it cost to file this appeal.

Yea, how much did JB pay. I hope it was a lot. And I'm glad he will remain where he belongs, behind bars. I have no tolerance whatsoever for people like him. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Minivanessa said:

I wonder if Anna, Michelle, and/or JB are at all prepared to face reality now. Josh isn't going to be released pending a new trial. He's going to be in prison until he's served his sentence. 

I've wondered about this too. They've had nearly 2 years of telling themselves that they can appeal. They've now got another 8 years of him sitting in federal prison. 

27 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I defer to our lawyers, but yes I am pretty sure this was his last chance. I have also wondered how much they've spent. I also have wondered what their lawyers have advised them along the way. With as much evidence as there was against Josh, my guess is he was probably encouraged to plead guilty, but here we are.  

I just had a thought--always dangerous. LOL We'd been wondering about some of the timing of the rest of the family's social media posts. Especially those who've been pretty quiet lately. I wonder if they were aware a decision would be handed down on Josh sometime this month and regardless of what it was, they thought they could just default back to posting to take some of the attention away from him. You'd think at a certain point they'd finally realize that no amount of posting in the world is going to deflect from Josh. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
25 minutes ago, Zella said:

I've wondered about this too. They've had nearly 2 years of telling themselves that they can appeal. They've now got another 8 years of him sitting in federal prison. 

I defer to our lawyers, but yes I am pretty sure this was his last chance. I have also wondered how much they've spent. I also have wondered what their lawyers have advised them along the way. With as much evidence as there was against Josh, my guess is he was probably encouraged to plead guilty, but here we are.  

I just had a thought--always dangerous. LOL We'd been wondering about some of the timing of the rest of the family's social media posts. Especially those who've been pretty quiet lately. I wonder if they were aware a decision would be handed down on Josh sometime this month and regardless of what it was, they thought they could just default back to posting to take some of the attention away from him. You'd think at a certain point they'd finally realize that no amount of posting in the world is going to deflect from Josh. 

Jessa, Jana, are you listening? 😆😆😆

• LOL 11

Such good news.

I don't think JB foot the bill though. He's cheap as fuck and isn't known to throw his money away. I think Anna and Josh paid for it all.

• Like 3
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Such good news.

I don't think JB foot the bill though. He's cheap as fuck and isn't known to throw his money away. I think Anna and Josh paid for it all.

And where did they get that money? JB probably. I doubt Josh made $$$ at the used car lot. JB has been supporting them for awhile. And we know it certainly isn't coming from the Kellers. 

• Like 9
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Staying quiet is really their only hope.  Every Duggar news story includes at least one paragraph about Josh.

Someone tell Jinjer so they  STFU already. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Such good news.

Great news and so appropriate.  I'll have to differ and say JB paid most or all of the bill.  I don't think Anna and Josh had the money his defense package would have cost.  JB"s ego is involved so he'd pay to protect that.  

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

And where did they get that money? JB probably. I doubt Josh made $$$ at the used car lot. JB has been supporting them for awhile. And we know it certainly isn't coming from the Kellers. 

The judge in the court case clearly stated Josh and Anna have plenty of money and would experience no hardship at all paying his fines.

Form the time Josh was 18 he, and then he and Anna, were shown in the credits of the show, so I'm assuming he and then they had their own TLC contract very early on. Josh also worked for FRAC and has sold a number of properties.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

The judge in the court case clearly stated Josh and Anna have plenty of money and would experience no hardship at all paying his fines.

Form the time Josh was 18 he, and then he and Anna, were shown in the credits of the show, so I'm assuming he and then they had their own TLC contract very early on. Josh also worked for FRAC and has sold a number of properties.

Perhaps, but that money came from JB. He probably set up some kind of an allowance for them and continues to do so with Anna. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Great news and so appropriate.  I'll have to differ and say JB paid most or all of the bill.  I don't think Anna and Josh had the money his defense package would have cost.  JB"s ego is involved so he'd pay to protect that.  

The damage was already done, the molestations were twice confirmed and Josh had CSA on his computer. JB played along until Josh was found guilty. After that, IMO he was done.

IMO, there's no reason to believe Josh an Anna didn't make some good money off the show and in real estate. Certainly no where near what JB made, but a decade+ to make good money.

When the judge said "no hardship" it was known the breadwinner of a large family was going to prison for 10 years. J&A had and have plenty of money.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 4
  • Wink 1