Type keyword(s) to search

S6.E11: Roller Coaster of Love

• Start Topic

Strange that all the mom's weren't there. Just the 1. Especially AD's since she was so supportive in her meeting Clay.

Is Chelsea going to put on the brakes? She should or he should because those 2 are not a good match.

• Like 3
(edited)

Amy and Johnny look like they could go the distance, but the other two couples aren't looking so solid. I'm expecting Clay to nope out at the ceremony, and Jimmy really should. If Chelsea and Jimmy actually go through with the wedding no one should be surprised if they divorce within three years or less. Chelsea only said yes to Jimmy because Jessica wanted him,  and Jimmy only asked her to marry him because she told him she looked like Megan Fox.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 8
59 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I don’t like Laura; she gives me mean girl vibes. But she cleared Jeramey. “Go kick rocks with open-toed fucking shoes.” HA!

Agreed 100%.  She is not my favorite but I am 100% behind her in her interactions with him. She absolutely cleared!  Called him a con-artist.  Not a man.  She came through. I like how she reiterated that while she thought Sarah Ann was terrible, she blamed him because he is the one that made her the promises.

AD asked better questions and did better follow up with Sarah-Ann  than Vanessa or Nick would.  LOL.  I love how she kept pushing and wouldn't let Sarah-Ann ooze out of it.  And called her a class-ess cheat.

I am always interested in how my opinion changes from the beginning of the show to the end on a person.  Jeramy is the biggest one.  I thought he was funny and charming at the beginning.  With this ep he just comes off as a trash, trash person.   In one breath he talks about how he didn't consider them over and in the next told her her stuff was already packed.  Prince Charming, this guy!

His and Sarah Ann's conversation reassuring themselves they aren't trash people was a case of protesting too much.

I feel bad watching them at the bridal fitting because I almost feel they are all doomed, except Amy and Johnny.  Netflix, I see you, you are making all the couples look all happy and lovey-dovey just before the weddings so we can be shocked.  But I will only be really shocked if Amy and Johnny don't get married, and mildly shocked if Chelsea and Jimmy do.  AD and Clay could go either way and it would not be a surprise whichever way they go.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I wonder why Chelsea and her first husband got divorced? Because if she was as clingy and insecure with him as she is with Jimmy, then it’s pretty obvious. Or on the flipside maybe it was her first husband that made her so insecure and suspicious?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

I wonder why Chelsea and her first husband got divorced? Because if she was as clingy and insecure with him as she is with Jimmy, then it’s pretty obvious. Or on the flipside maybe it was her first husband that made her so insecure and suspicious?

They got married at 18; they could have just grown up/apart. I think that’s what she said in the pods, although she doesn’t think she’s clingy so grain of salt.

Yet and still: I don’t like Laura but Sarah Ann and Jeramey riding jet skis together in Laura’s face minutes after she and Jeramey broke up is very low.

Edited by Empress1
  • Like 9

I always like the wedding dress shopping (even though most of these weddings shouldn't end in marriage) because I find it interesting to see all the women's different dress tastes.  For instance, AD having a thing for very form fitting dresses with no embellishment whatsoever.  I liked the second dress she tried on much better than the first.  Something about the fabric of the first one made it look unfinished.  Like it was the base that lace or rhinestones or something was going to be laid on.  Amy and Chelsea basically chose the same dress though poor Chelsea yet again went with something that does not suit her body type. 

• Like 4

I love how supportive and emotional all the women were during the wedding dress segment. They all teared up when each woman appeared - I wish Laura and  <I can't remember her name> could have experienced this with the right man. 

• Like 3
On 2/29/2024 at 12:29 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

The ex had one drink with friends and that was all she wrote. :)

ironically in this episode Chelsea reminded me of danielle from season 2---things would be going very well and out of nowhere she would pick a fight and it was obviosly fro being insecure. hard to watch

• Like 5

You know, for previous episodes, I had blamed Jimmy for Chelsea's insecurities. And he still does IMO hold a lot of the responsibility. He should have been honest and been like, "Um, you're no Megan Fox...so I'm out."

But this latest couple, Chelsea went beyond the normal sort of insecurity that I think one could/should be able to deal with. And despite getting multiple off-ramps, Jimmy still is sticking around. 

Which makes me wonder: is it a sign that we are actually dealing with true love, or fear of LIB's legal team if he tries to bounce before the altar, or is he afraid of looking like a heel on TV or what? Especially when it is obvious that he wants nothing more than to hook up with Jessica.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Which makes me wonder: is it a sign that we are actually dealing with true love, or fear of LIB's legal team if he tries to bounce before the altar, or is he afraid of looking like a heel on TV or what? Especially when it is obvious that he wants nothing more than to hook up with Jessica.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that there are monetary incentives for making it to each stage of the process. It may not be true, but it's a reasonable explanation for why some of these couples went all the way to the altar and then flamed out at the "I do" part.

• Like 2
On 2/28/2024 at 3:38 PM, Empress1 said:

I don’t like Laura; she gives me mean girl vibes. But she cleared Jeramey. “Go kick rocks with open-toed fucking shoes.” HA!

On 2/28/2024 at 5:36 PM, DearEvette said:

Agreed 100%.  She is not my favorite but I am 100% behind her in her interactions with him. She absolutely cleared! 

I don’t get that at all.  She avoided Sarah Ann and has been very supportive of the other women.  She doesn’t suffer fools AT ALL, which makes her awesome, not mean, in my book.

11 hours ago, Tess23 said:

I love how supportive and emotional all the women were during the wedding dress segment. They all teared up when each woman appeared - I wish Laura and  <I can't remember her name> could have experienced this with the right man. 

Brittany (who was with dolphin-fetishist Kenneth) or Jessica?

• Like 2
20 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

ironically in this episode Chelsea reminded me of danielle from season 2---things would be going very well and out of nowhere she would pick a fight and it was obviosly fro being insecure. hard to watch

Yes - I had the same “how did we get here?!” thoughts with both Danielle and Chelsea. They both just invented stuff to be mad about. Honestly, if the roles were reversed and Jimmy was telling Chelsea he didn’t want her seeing her friends or going out, people would be calling him abusive and saying he was trying to isolate her.

On 2/29/2024 at 4:30 PM, Snapdragon said:

Chelsea yet again went with something that does not suit her body type. 

That spaghetti strap cowl neck shirt she had on in the wedding dress scene was not flattering at all. That’s not a good look for women with chests over a certain size (and I count myself among them).

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, JH Lipton said:

I don’t get that at all.  She avoided Sarah Ann and has been very supportive of the other women.  She doesn’t suffer fools AT ALL, which makes her awesome, not mean, in my book.

Laura lost me with the whole 'bean dip' thing.  She told Jeremy to 'do it to AD' meaning -- smack her boob.  And then when both AD and Clay got offended she kept dismissing it as a joke, insisting that people were making something out of nothing and claiming they were being childish.

It was bad enough she told him to do it, but instead of owning that she fucked up, she refused to acknowledge that her 'joke' was offensive and then doubled down on other people being in the wrong, not her.  She was dismissive of AD and Clay's feelings. It is one thing to have some inside joke with the other women, but to tell someone to do that to another woman, especially a stranger to that woman is pretty foul. 

Even if you know he wouldn't have done it, why would you even say that?  Or suggest it? And why is she talking about AD's boobs to her fiance in the first place?

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
On 2/28/2024 at 6:38 PM, Empress1 said:

It was funny when even Trevor said (to Chelsea I think) that Laura was his number 2 but she seems mean.

On 2/29/2024 at 4:30 PM, Snapdragon said:

Amy and Chelsea basically chose the same dress though poor Chelsea yet again went with something that does not suit her body type. 

Chelsea's dress looked matronly AF, and Amy's dress was wearing her rather than the other way around. 

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

That spaghetti strap cowl neck shirt she had on in the wedding dress scene was not flattering at all. That’s not a good look for women with chests over a certain size (and I count myself among them).

Additionally, the spaghetti strap seersucker top she was wearing with Jimmy just made her boobs look saggy and made her look big.

On 2/29/2024 at 12:57 AM, HerkyJerky said:

Or on the flipside maybe it was her first husband that made her so insecure and suspicious?

When Chelsea told Jimmy that as soon as he saw Jessica's picture, he started behaving differently, she was completely dismissing that once she knew Jimmy saw Jessica's picture, then she started behaving differently.

Also, let's not discount Jimmy's insecurity. Early on, maybe when the couples were all on vacation, he said to the other guys that his relationship was the strongest of all of them, when clearly already it had shown signs of problems. Then at the party, when Chelsea said something about "there's the strongest couple", referring to Amy and Johnny, Jimmy basically imploded. He drilled her mercilessly about how could she say that, and forced her to retreat into an "I was kidding thing", but even that wasn't enough, and she ended up saying something like, "I would never just say something like that seriously", even though she absolutely had said it seriously.

I think Jimmy prides himself on his nice-guy persona, but I think he is a manipulative sh*t. When he was having the fight with Chelsea about going out for the buddy's party, at one point he tried to be all reassuring and said to her something about how if she's uncomfortable with his going out like that, then she just needs to ask him to pull back. So she did ask, and he said he wouldn't. F*ck you, Jimmy.

• Like 7
5 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I think Jimmy prides himself on his nice-guy persona, but I think he is a manipulative sh*t. When he was having the fight with Chelsea about going out for the buddy's party, at one point he tried to be all reassuring and said to her something about how if she's uncomfortable with his going out like that, then she just needs to ask him to pull back. So she did ask, and he said he wouldn't. F*ck you, Jimmy.

Yeah, if they do actually go through with the wedding their marriage looks like it's going to be a constant power struggle between them. No bueno.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Laura lost me with the whole 'bean dip' thing.  She told Jeremy to 'do it to AD' meaning -- smack her boob.  And then when both AD and Clay got offended she kept dismissing it as a joke, insisting that people were making something out of nothing and claiming they were being childish.

I agree that was bad, but if she was like that even most of the time, I don't think that she would have been made so welcome or have been so supported by the other women at the beach party.

There's a difference between making an offensive comment once and being overly defensive about it, and being a "mean girl" which seems chauvenustic to me.

There is something so precious about A.D., which is hard to put your finger on.

She's beautiful, but a lot of girls are, so it's not that.

She smiles a lot, but a lot of girls do, so it's not that.

She has this genuine, vulnerable, open heart while also running her life like a boss that is so endearing.  

I couldn't figure out what it was until I saw her mother & her interact, and I'm like ooooh, that came down from a generation.  This soft, intrinsically beautiful soul of a mother raised this girl to be so beautiful on the inside.  The outside is something she maintains and works at, but it's her soul, her energy, that is truly captivating.

Clay, you treat this girl right, or I'm gonna find you.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I think all of the men this season are immature. We are trying to analyze Jimmy's and Clay's and everyone's behavior, but the bottom line is that nobody is ready to settle down and compromise. Even saint Johnny is in a good position because Amy is a mature, great girl who is eager to get married. Lets not forget that Johnny has claimed that he had never thought about birth control pils and how bad they are for a woman. How can you be 28 or something and not know this? Maybe you are using the internet only to like nude women's photos or date? Amy will marry him but she will realize sooner rather than later that he is a dumb superficial guy. I doubt he will ever want to have kids.

Clay has said again and again that he came to the show not believing he would fall for someone. Then why did you come to the show Clay? Maybe to become famous and find many many chicks? And now that you found such a nice lady, you know it will bad if you leave her? So you are waiting to do it on the wedding day with a lame excuse? Get out of here.

• Like 2

I think I must have watched a different episode.  I think that Jeremay and Sarah Ann were probably lying about what happened that night.  But I think AD was way out of bounds.  She was in fact interrogating SA and didn’t really want to hear any answers.  She just wanted to be the voice of morality.  It really wasn’t her position to be doing that.  I used to be a big fan.  Now I think she is likes to lord it over people.

As far as Laura and Jeremay are concerned, he should have just left if he didn’t want to be with her and not tried to lie about it.  His mother had his number.  But I wouldn’t want to be with Laura.  She was constantly criticizing and undermining him.  I thought her parents were really interesting because it was clear that they knew she never thought anyone was good enough for her.  And while she thought he should “protect her heart” she didn’t seem to realize it goes both ways.  Her telling him off was as much about her feeling she looked bad as any real commitment as far as I can tell.

They are both well rid of the other.

I still think jimmy is trying not to look bad.  He didn’t want to deal with Jessica’s daughter.  But both he and Chelsea protest too much about how much they like each other.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Did I miss something, or did Jimmy not explicitly say to Jess, "you're still my number one"?  Is this not grounds for doubting Jimmy's commitment to Chelsea completely?

Also, the other women like Laura because mean girls know how to command female allegiance. Laura was not particularly nice to Chelsea in the pods as I recall, but she is good at appearing concerned while also wanting to dominate.  Jess is also mean.

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Like 7
4 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

Is this not grounds for doubting Jimmy's commitment to Chelsea completely?

I've been doubting Jimmy's commitment to Chelsea since this moment here:

Jimmy2.thumb.jpeg.a2c23aee2b9ed42cf56fa5abc0f4e768.jpeg

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8
19 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Jimmy's picture was used in an SNL skit last night, as a missing 40-something husband whose wife didn't know he was on LIB.

I saw that. It was hilarious. 

Spoiler

Apparently, several male contestants (Trevor, Jeramy, and Matthew) allegedly were in serious relationships either right before or during filming. Which made me laugh even harder.

On 3/1/2024 at 1:10 PM, Tess23 said:

I agree. Amy was especially beautiful, and I love her mom. AD always looks pretty, but I thought her dresses were a little too form-fitting and sexy. But that's just me. I'm old.

• Like 1
On 3/2/2024 at 10:28 AM, LuvMyShows said:

Also, let's not discount Jimmy's insecurity. Early on, maybe when the couples were all on vacation, he said to the other guys that his relationship was the strongest of all of them, when clearly already it had shown signs of problems. Then at the party, when Chelsea said something about "there's the strongest couple", referring to Amy and Johnny, Jimmy basically imploded. He drilled her mercilessly about how could she say that, and forced her to retreat into an "I was kidding thing", but even that wasn't enough, and she ended up saying something like, "I would never just say something like that seriously", even though she absolutely had said it seriously.

That shocked me. Like. Really?!! Mad at the truth?!! Why so sensitive about that??? Made me think they really do deserve each other. Getting upset over stupid stuff!!! 🙄 It's pick your battles, not make everything a damn battle!!!

• Applause 1
On 3/4/2024 at 1:49 PM, DearEvette said:

I've been doubting Jimmy's commitment to Chelsea since this moment here:

Jimmy2.thumb.jpeg.a2c23aee2b9ed42cf56fa5abc0f4e768.jpeg

If "what the Hell have I gotten myself into was a face!" 

• LOL 4