Type keyword(s) to search

Will Any of the Couples Stay Married?

• Start Topic

POLL OPEN

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Based on the new pix Cortney put on her twitter I'm guessing that even if they don't split at the decision time maybe they have recently. I know first hand how difficult it is to try and have a relationship/marriage with someone who won't share themselves with their partner.

Forgot to say that this was on Jason's twitter, it also makes me think they don't stay together. Very sad for Cortney if this is the case.

@SeanShermer @FYI Well when you put it like that! Haha If anything after the experiment is over I'll know what works and what doesn't.

If Jason and Cortney do split up, then I would nominate her for the next Bachelorette.  At least she seems nice and likeable, unlike some of the previous ones.  I'm kind of joking, but seriously, based on what we've seen of her, she shouldn't have any trouble finding suitable men after this show.   

• Love 4

I'm predicting that Monet and Vaughn bail tomorrow night, and decide to get divorced, and  the other two couples stay together.  Then at the 6-month checkup will learn that Cortney and Jason have split, and that Doug and Jamie are the only ones to stay married. 

It would turn out to be a good "narrative arc," if you will, actually...the couple that had the toughest time right off the bat, and nearly derailed with the stupid cigarette lie, are the ones who made it work. 

• Love 3

I'm sure Courtney will have no issue finding someone else if it doesn't work out with Jason. She has a very sweet personality and has demonstrated that she is very nurturing. I hope she doesn't do the reality television show route to find love though.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 2

Ah, so tomorrow it wouldn't surprise me if they all say they want to say married.  The important one will be the six-month follow up.

Yes, if there's a six-month followup reunion, it stands to reason at least two of the couples will pretend to stay married on the final episode.

I could even see Monet biting the bullet for a little while longer, if the incentives were there. A significant money bonus, for example. But Vaughn? He would definitely need huge bribes to keep up the charade.

I guess if the reunion is cold, that is, if all filming stops after the decisions are broadcast, any or all of the newlyweds can pretend to stay married, while going back to each one's own life? As long as no one is stupid enough to start dating other people, then tweeting and instagramming about it, how would anyone know the truth?

The reunion show that filmed in late August is about the 5 month mark. GMA (yesterday) is almost 6 months since the weddings. I'm pretty sure FYI is too low budget to have a camera crew after the first month, but the camcorders might have remained.

I'm predicting that Monet and Vaughn bail tomorrow night, and decide to get divorced, and  the other two couples stay together.  Then at the 6-month checkup will learn that Cortney and Jason have split, and that Doug and Jamie are the only ones to stay married.

Well I just read this article from the NYP that seems to be from interviews done with all the couples after the filming of the reunion and certainly seems like both Doug and Jamie and Cortney and Jason are very much still together while Vaughn and Monet got to an okay place with each other. I don't consider it a spoiler since it's in a media article but if people don't want to know anything, I'd suggest not reading because like I said, all couples talk about what happened after they stopped filming. 

http://nypost.com/2014/09/10/which-married-at-first-sight-couples-found-wedded-bliss/

I would also add that I wouldn't pay too much attention to some of the stuff said on twitter, especially while the show was airing because I do think, other than Jamie, everyone else played things close to the vest and tried to not be too obvious about the outcome. So Jason making a tweet like he did above doesn't really seem like that big of a deal to me. Again, I'm not saying that any of these couples will last a year but it does seem that as of right now, they're both still together.

Edited by truthaboutluv

I think it's a shame that Cortney only met Jason's mother the night before she passed. Even if Cortney was only Jason's girlfriend and not his wife, you'd think it would be nice for her to see something with her son who made him happy. I'm guessing that is what he's talking about next week on the reunion show, when he says his whole life changed.

I'm happy for Doug/Jamie and Cortney/Jason! I think they found good matches!

• Love 2

I looked at that article and the poses are either cute or relaxed- except for Jamie. Hers screams reality star!  I somehow think staying married affords the opportunity for the cameras to keep rolling. If she divorces then the cameras go away.

jb0495, sometimes it just happens that way, and there isn't anything one can do about this. Be just glad she got to meet Jason's mother.  I was in the same position - I met my husband's father only once before he'd passed away. His father hadn't been in my husband's life much since the divorce when hubby was a child. But we did get to make a trip out West and we were able to put in the visit.  His father was bedridden at the time and not really the same as hubby knew him. But it was still good to have had this happen, if only to understand my husband's past a bit better. 

• Love 2

Does anyone think Courtney is pregnant? It sure looks like to me from the picture at the NYP article.

I don't think she's preggers; I think she is just skinny-fat and that dress combined with an awkward pose makes her middle seem large.

In Doug's photo with Jaime from the NYP article, it appears he had his moles removed...or it could be photoshopped. He looks good!

This conversation happened (in my head): "Doug! Get rid of those moles!" "Why? They don't bother me" "Because! It starts with moles and then it's forgetting to walk Lady and then you leave me!"

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 3

Monet looks really good in her picture and Vaughn comes off a little goofy (isn't he supposed to be a model?).  It seems they could not stand each other, but I have matured through the process.  I am glad he has gone back to school.  It is a shame that they now have to explain a divorce to their future relationships, but I guess that was the risk they took going along with this experiement.

Being married one to six months does not impress me.  We need to check in with the remaining couples after five years...when the shine from the reality tv camaras have long faded.

A really nice interview with Cortney: http://www.ibtimes.com/married-first-sight-star-cortney-hendrix-talks-marriage-meeting-jasons-mom-what-scenes-fyi-1684792

This bit is so sweet:

Hendrix: Yes, we have met each other’s families. I took Jason home on July 4th weekend to North Carolina, and he met my mom and my dad and my brother, my sister, my brother-in-law, my niece and also my brother’s girlfriend, who isn’t quote-unquote “family” yet, but she basically is. And my family fell in love with Jason. Like he is part of our family, regardless of what happened. Like we said on the show, he is part of our family and my mom was calling him her son-in-law and she was like, “Cortney, don’t you ruin this. I don’t care what happens in the future. He is part of our family. Don’t you ruin this for him! Don’t you ruin this for us!”

I'm not surprised Jason seems to get along so well with Cortney's family, especially with her dad and brother both being firemen. I know a similar career choice may not seem like that big of a deal but particularly with guys, I do think that's something fairly tangible that they can bond over. I have to say I wasn't surprised by how all in Cortney was because from the wedding episode, she came across to me as someone who when she commits to something she goes all in and sticks with it. 

She was the person who most stood out to me from that episode because while everyone had some degree of nerves and well Jamie was having a nervous breakdown, Cortney just seemed steady and self-assured the entire time. No family to walk her down the aisle, no worries she'll walk herself and do so comfortably, shoulders back, no nerves and fear on her face. And she was the one who very calmly kept telling Jason to breathe the whole time. Like she never once looked nervous or concerned or even sweaty like all the guys. It was just, I'm doing this and that's it. 

• Love 9

I know a similar career choice may not seem like that big of a deal but particularly with guys, I do think that's something fairly tangible that they can bond over

And doubly so in this case, since firemen also have a sense of brotherhood -- so I'm assuming Jason's desire to be

one also speaks strongly in his favor with her family (and on this day of all days, thank you to every man or woman who

runs into the fire, and to their families).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2

Does anyone think Courtney is pregnant? It sure looks like to me from the picture at the NYP article.

Wow.  I got the same impression; her mid-region was not so noticeable during filming, was it?

Either "Pityfree" is correct and it's just the awkward pose combined with the style of dress. (what is skinny/fat? LoL),

or she really is pregnant.  Maybe announcing her pregnancy is being saved for its potential shock value if the reunion show  plans to announce it. 

I hope Cortney is not pregnant yet but I wouldn't be surprised since they seemed so vague about their birth control plans during filming.  And I bet Jamie is hoping she isn't pregnant either as I get the vibe that Jamie plans on having the first "Married at first sight" kiddo. 

In Doug's photo with Jaime from the NYP article, it appears he had his moles removed...or it could be photoshopped. He looks good!

It's just the lighting. The shadows on that side of his face cover it up.

The FYI videographers did that sometimes as well. But lighting him so that the moles don't show up without making a moving video look weird is difficult -- sometimes it actually accentuated the moles because it made the moles cast shadows. 

With that said, he does seem like a very nice, loyal guy very focused on family and he does have a nice body. I can see how he grew on Jamie after initially thinking there was just no way it was going to work.

• Love 2