Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Clinging to Love

• Start Topic

(edited)

Cohabitation brings sweet surprises and intense challenges for the couples, while romantic interests from the past create problems in the present.

Edited by DearEvette

Oh my gosh I feel like Chelsea is a crazy b****!! She is so weak and has no confidence and I feel like it is her own clingy insecure crazy self that is going to push Jimmy away! I literally never do this but she's driving me crazy!! 

• Like 2

Hmm, so I'm trying to figure out what happened with Kenneth because as time went on, he just seemed to drift further and further away from Brittany without anything really happening that would cause that.  She seemed all in and was trying to communicate any issues she had with him, and he didn't seem interested in the least.  Could be the editing, but after AD questioned him on whether or not he really wanted to raise kids with a white woman, he seemed to pull away.  And if you don't want to date outside your race, then fine but you really shouldn't go on a show called Love Is Blind, though maybe because he'd never dated outside his race before, he didn't realize he'd have such a problem with it.  I felt bad for Brittany because she seemed to really be trying and appeared rather heartbroken when they broke it off, as opposed to Kenneth who just got on his phone...again.  Heck, maybe I'm wrong about the race thing and really, guy just wanted a free trip because it seemed as if the second they got back from vacation, he totally checked out.  

Moving on, holy childhood trauma, Clay!  His dad took him with him on his cheating excursions!?  What an a-hole!  Clay keeps on referring to his dad as a lady's man and says he was a good father but no sweetie, your dad was a selfish sleaze who involved his kid in his extramarital activities.  My opinion on Clay has changed a bit.  Before, I thought he was just a player but now, I think he actually is trying and wants to be in a long term relationship, he just doesn't know how and with all the stuff he still has to work through, I'm not really sure if he's ready yet.  Maybe in five years.  

Laura had gone full mean girl at this point, with her conversation with Jessica.  I'm sure the producers arranged the entire thing but still.  She likes to stir the pot and watch the drama unfold.  Very immature.

The Amy/Johnny birth control conflict is interesting.  They need to consult a doctor on what their options are.  Off the top of my head, they could use a diaphragm or copper IUD, both are effective and non-hormonal and paired with a condom, that pretty much puts their risk of accidental pregnancy down to practically zero.  I'm assuming in the past Amy just had the guy wear a condom but Johnny feels they need more than just that.  Or possibly doesn't want to wear a condom?  They weren't really clear on that part.  It was crazy to me that they kept on bringing up a vasectomy because that is a permanent solution, not something you do when you're waiting a few years to have kids.  Technically they are reversable but it's not guaranteed and the reversal has to be done within three years.  

Which brings us to Jimmy/Chelsea who I figure have to break up after that fight.  The fact that he said he needed a "breather" from having sex with her?  Had to pick my jaw up after that one.  Yes, she is annoyingly insecure and clingy, but wow, I don't see how they stay together after that comment.  My husband and I had to be responsible adults and go to bed last night after this episode, so I'll have to wait until tonight to see what happens in episode 9.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

The 180 heel turn of Kenneth left me so confused.  The silence on the boat was so awkward. And when they got home, he just seemed to disengage completely.  It is like a switch turned off as soon as they left the island.  It even took me a minute to realize they had broken up. 

I turned to my husband and said 'What just happened?  Are they done now?" That was so weird. And he couldn't even put the phone down long enough to give the end of the relationship the time and attention it deserved.  Damn.

Clay is a rollercoaster ride all of his own.  Sometimes I just want AD to drop kick him and just go.  Other times, I see someone who is seems like he could be a great guy to be around. And then he'll do something else that I think sounds shady. Only for him to do or say something charming and endearing.  I am still not 100% sold on Clay. His father did a number on him. 

Yikes.  Jimmy.  But damn he's not wrong.  She is clingy.  I said it right as she was complaining he didn't kiss her.  But also, Yikes.  He bsically said he only had sex because she initiated it.  Oomph.  Dude.

Laura is... a LOT.  Jeramy is so funny and easy going.  And he should not have had to apologized to her for the AD debacle. That was all on Laura.

• Like 6

i thought with Britteny she just didn't fancy him (crave him?) and thats the issue.

they agreed no sex before marriage but she said she wasn't wanting it at all with him. So they broke up, that seemed fairly mature to me.

where are jimmy/chealsea living? as it didn't appear to be his studio? and SHE IS CLINGY!

17 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

The 180 heel turn of Kenneth left me so confused.  The silence on the boat was so awkward. And when they got home, he just seemed to disengage completely.  It is like a switch turned off as soon as they left the island.  It even took me a minute to realize they had broken up. 

That man really just picked a fight for no reason, made no move to comfort her while she was crying, dumped her, made her hug him so there was “no beef,” and then got up and left her sobbing. “This isn’t gonna work. Bye!” That was insane. Brittany deserved better treatment than that. Kenneth being a villain was not in my bingo card, but here we are. I suspect that AD got in his head about race and he realized he didn’t want to marry a white woman, and he took the first exit he could find.

Clay is a rollercoaster ride all of his own.  Sometimes I just want AD to drop kick him and just go.  Other times, I see someone who is seems like he could be a great guy to be around. And then he'll do something else that I think sounds shady. Only for him to do or say something charming and endearing.  I am still not 100% sold on Clay. His father did a number on him. 

Good guy to be around? Yes. Good husband? No. He cited Diddy as his relationship model, who was sued by his ex for cruelty and abuse, settled the case in A DAY so he very likely did some shit, and admitted to treating his other ex, Kim Porter (RIP), like shit. His father made him an accomplice to cheating and clay has said out loud that he’s not sure he can be faithful. He needs to work aaaaallllll that out before he tries being in a relationship, let alone a marriage. AD said she painted her nails with red flags and like … girl. He’s going to cheat on you.

Yikes.  Jimmy.  But damn he's not wrong.  She is clingy.  I said it right as she was complaining he didn't kiss her.  But also, Yikes.  He bsically said he only had sex because she initiated it.  Oomph.  Dude.

“You’re clingy and since we’re talking, I don’t want to have sex.” OUCH. But also … she is clingy and insecure as FUCK. As he said, working from home means working - just because he’s home doesn’t mean he can love on her all day. And it might be cute to playfully say “you didn’t kiss me today, I missed you!” and plant one on him, but that wasn’t what she did - she was legit mad! Had him out here counting kisses, like, what?!

Amy and Johnny are the only ones I see it for, and I wondered why condoms weren’t mentioned. I wouldn’t get a vasectomy if I knew I wanted kids (a reversal isn’t guaranteed to work, from what I understand), and I also respect Amy’s decision not to take hormonal birth control. But it seemed like condoms were a pretty big omission.

Just now, catherinejane said:

i thought with Britteny she just didn't fancy him (crave him?) and thats the issue.

they agreed no sex before marriage but she said she wasn't wanting it at all with him. So they broke up, that seemed fairly mature to me.

where are jimmy/chealsea living? as it didn't appear to be his studio? and SHE IS CLINGY!

I think in a show-provided place.

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Good guy to be around? Yes. Good husband? No. He cited Diddy as his relationship model, who was sued by his ex for cruelty and abuse, settled the case in A DAY so he very likely did some shit, and admitted to treating his other ex, Kim Porter (RIP), like shit. His father made him an accomplice to cheating and clay has said out loud that he’s not sure he can be faithful. He needs to work aaaaallllll that out before he tries being in a relationship, let alone a marriage. AD said she painted her nails with red flags and like … girl. He’s going to cheat on you.

Yeah, I talking more along the lines of my like/dislike of him as a person, not just necessarily as a mate to AD.

But this also made remember what I forgot to add in my prior post another big thing in the minus column about Clay.  He just seems so immature and unseasoned.  AD is a woman-woman and Clay comes off as really rather childish.  I HATE the tendency he has for burrowing into her bosom.  Like, Ugh! 

The rape allegations aside (I think was was filmed in April-May 2023 -- so before the Cassie stuff blew up) no one should ever name check Diddy as a relationship influence.  No one should ever name ANY public entertainment figure as a relationship influence.  You don't know their life.  Public facing is not the same as truth.  And shit can come out about them in a flash.  Jonathan Majors was everybody's Black King darling and look at how he was.  So yeah that is another indicator that his thinking is not mature.

The cheating thing is interesting.  I know a lot of people take it as a pre-confession. And it could be.  But it sounded like something he has been a bit terrified of, kinda  like the child of an alcoholic or domestic abuse.  No cheating is not genetic, but parents can screw up a child in many ways and skew their perceptions and create a cycle.  He said at the time he did not know that was happening.  Kids can rationalize a lot when it comes to a parent they idolize.  And it also might be why in the prior episode he threw out the idea of going to couples therapy.

I agree he is not ready to be a husband.  He should actually be going to his own therapy right now to unpack his issues with his father and fidelity and become healthy before embarking on committed relationship.

• Like 7
10 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

But this also made remember what I forgot to add in my prior post another big thing in the minus column about Clay.  He just seems so immature and unseasoned.

I think I called him “unserious” on social media, and I stand by that. He just seems like he’s not out of his party/hookup phase yet, which is fine - but not when he’s engaged!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

The Amy/Johnny birth control conflict is interesting.  They need to consult a doctor on what their options are.  Off the top of my head, they could use a diaphragm or copper IUD, both are effective and non-hormonal and paired with a condom, that pretty much puts their risk of accidental pregnancy down to practically zero.  I'm assuming in the past Amy just had the guy wear a condom but Johnny feels they need more than just that.  Or possibly doesn't want to wear a condom?  They weren't really clear on that part.  It was crazy to me that they kept on bringing up a vasectomy because that is a permanent solution, not something you do when you're waiting a few years to have kids.  Technically they are reversable but it's not guaranteed and the reversal has to be done within three years.  

I actually kind of get where Amy is coming from, because I'm in a similar situation. I don't think she really thinks Johnny should get a vasectomy, but I think she's trying to make the point of that it's not just as easy as "Oh, you should go on birth control" for all women and it's also kind of unfair that all of the burden gets put on the woman, and if he's really THAT freaked out about an accidental pregnancy, there is a medical alternative for him as well. My guess is that he doesn't want to wear a condom and wants her to quickly take care of things -- he said that he thought ALL women were on birth control??!? Anyway, I think Amy is trying to make a point rather than seriously suggesting a vasectomy. 

I was SO CONFUSED by Brittany and Ken's breakup and feel like I need to go back and watch the scene because I missed something.

• Like 5
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

I was SO CONFUSED by Brittany and Ken's breakup and feel like I need to go back and watch the scene because I missed something.

Forgot to add in my earlier post, what the hell was Kenneth out doing to 1:30am?  The stuff he mentioned (getting his hair done, some work stuff, I believe) is not stuff you're out doing until 1:30am, so where was he?  Also, I found it interesting that after they broke up, he called a friend and said he'd be over in a minute.  Why not just go back to his own place?  And what kind of "friend" is this?  There's a story there, I'm just not sure what it is. 

Edited by Snapdragon
  • Like 2

Another thing, Jessica needs to be a better parent.  The way she's using her kid as a sounding board for all her relationship stuff, as if she's her friend and not her child, is so damaging.  That child should not have to worry/hear about any relationship drama at her age, especially her own mother's.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

My God it's hard to watch these women. Clingy is right. I am happily married and he can play on his phone if he wants. he isn't all over me telling me how much he loves me, doting on me every minute. stop asking what's wrong. Let them BREATHE!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Forgot to add in my earlier post, what the hell was Kenneth out doing to 1:30am?  The stuff he mentioned (getting his hair done, some work stuff, I believe) is not stuff you're out doing until 1:30am, so where was he?  Also, I found it interesting that after they broke up, he called and friend and said he'd be over in a minute.  Why not just go back to his own place?  And what kind of "friend" is this?  There's a story there, I'm just not sure what it is. 

Yeah, maybe an ex gf who came out if woodwork when he got engaged? Maybe that's why he was so distant.

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

My God it's hard to watch these women. Clingy is right. I am happily married and he can play on his phone if he wants. he isn't all over me telling me how much he loves me, doting on me every minute. stop asking what's wrong. Let them BREATHE!

Also, they all (even the fellas) are so so self absorbed. It's glaring. Not so much Amy and Johnny...hence their relationship is going well.

And if I hear the words validate and obsessed anymore....ughhh...

• Like 2
Just now, Bobcatkitten said:

Also, on Kenneth, I think he was looking for an out and the minute she said she didn't have a desire for him he took it. 

I mean, if your potential spouse says at the onset that they don't have desire for you, then that isn't seizing on an out. That is, or should be, a dealbreaker.

Kenneth seemed much happier to be reunited with his cellphone than he was to hang out with Brittany. And it seemed to me that Kenneth was trying to meet Brittany's needs (when he wasn't doing whatever on his phone) and she was like "that's not good enough, and I'm going to critique anything that is not good enough AND I'm going to chalk it up as more than a one-time stumble but a DEFCON 2 situation."

I'm pretty firmly on Kenneth's side that it was right to peace out, at least for now.

Now if in a future episode they realize that the Good Lord did in fact want them together, then so be it. But again, up through now, I don't think they had much in common but their religious faith.

It sounds like Brittany had dated Black men in the past, while Kenneth had not dated White women. I don't know how much that was a factor in their breakup. But I'll be curious to hear from them both at the reunion show.

• Applause 1
32 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Forgot to add in my earlier post, what the hell was Kenneth out doing to 1:30am?  The stuff he mentioned (getting his hair done, some work stuff, I believe) is not stuff you're out doing until 1:30am, so where was he?  Also, I found it interesting that after they broke up, he called a friend and said he'd be over in a minute.  Why not just go back to his own place?  And what kind of "friend" is this?  There's a story there, I'm just not sure what it is. 

Yeah, all of that is HIGHLY sus. 

Can someone who is 25 years old really be a Vice Principal at a middle school? And if you were, would you go on a televised dating show?? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

Can someone who is 25 years old really be a Vice Principal at a middle school? And if you were, would you go on a televised dating show?? 

Yes because unfortunately, a lot of districts don't have a requirement for having actually been a teacher to be a principal/vice principal.  As long as you have the master's degree, you're good.  

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

He was/is the full-fledged principal.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/24/26-year-old-got-middle-school-principal-job-by-using-these-soft-skills.html#:~:text=When Gorham ultimately landed the,National Center for Education Statistics.

FWIW, both he and Brittany gave their takes on the breakup below, which still seems incomplete:

https://people.com/love-is-blind-kenneth-gorham-why-he-brittany-mills-split-exclusive-8597657

• Useful 1

My Brother in law  when he was the VP of our middle school wouldn't let anyone post pictures of him on social media unless he vetted them first.  I remember my nephew wanting to post a Thanksgiving picture with all of us at the table and there was a wine glass at his setting and he removed the glass and had his son re-take the  picture.  He was really hyper conscious about appearances in that way.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Interesting that Kenneth said they were less than a week away from the wedding when they broke up.  Does that mean that there was unaired footage of them meeting each other's friends and family?  Maybe there wasn't enough drama there so that's why they didn't show it and condensed their story down?  

1 hour ago, Snapdragon said:

Interesting that Kenneth said they were less than a week away from the wedding when they broke up

And if that's the case, why didn't the show make them go through with the actual wedding ceremony? After watching all previous 5 seasons, it seemed like there were plenty of other couples that weren't compatible and they knew that before their weddings but they were coerced (forced?) to go through with their weddings.

5 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

And if that's the case, why didn't the show make them go through with the actual wedding ceremony? After watching all previous 5 seasons, it seemed like there were plenty of other couples that weren't compatible and they knew that before their weddings but they were coerced (forced?) to go through with their weddings.

Maybe since they're now having legal trouble, the producers/showrunners have decided it's not a good idea to force people to be together if they don't want to.  Or their conflict wasn't as interesting as, "I need a break from having sex with you", so they weren't as bothered by them leaving early?

• Useful 2
35 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

There are conflicting reports on that.  Several of the LIB people have said.. noyou didn't have to go all the way to the altar.  But some others have said you did. 

I think the 'have to get to the altar' mostly came out of S1 where people were wondering why Jessica went al the way to the altar with Mark when it was so clear she was still mooney over Barnett and was not into Mark.  Each couple have their own producers and I swear I read somewhere that the producer persuaded Jess to stay to the end.

But  a fari number of other couples broke up before the altar: S2, Shana and Kyle broke up after that awful trip to see her family.  And of course, Jackie and Marshall broke up at that point as well.  and of course there was Irina and Zach who barely even made it past the first face to face meting. Same deal with Taylor and JP (the guy who though Taylor wore too much make up and always wore something with an American flag on it).  They broke up mid-honeymoon.

So maybe it was a requirement that got removed after S1.

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, Empress1 said:

That man really just picked a fight for no reason, made no move to comfort her while she was crying, dumped her, made her hug him so there was “no beef,” and then got up and left her sobbing. “This isn’t gonna work. Bye!” That was insane. Brittany deserved better treatment than that. Kenneth being a villain was not in my bingo card, but here we are. I suspect that AD got in his head about race and he realized he didn’t want to marry a white woman, and he took the first exit he could find.

I disagree. Kenneth seems like a lowkey guy. He was quiet in the pods. The day they returned home and got their phones back, he explained that he had work emails to catch up on. She chose to run around unpacking around him. While I'm assuming this was filmed during Summer break, administrators typically work year round with interviews/staff transfers/building & supply  issues, etc. 

They called it quits after she told him that she wasn't craving him. In essence saying "I'm not at all attracted to you". That hurts to hear I and suspect he just shut down. She's the one who said it was over. 

I think the racial issue is reading too much into the situation. I really think it's a simple as they didn't have a physical connection and weren't compatible energy wise.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, snarts said:

They called it quits after she told him that she wasn't craving him. In essence saying "I'm not at all attracted to you". That hurts to hear I and suspect he just shut down. She's the one who said it was over. 

I didn't read the situation like that at all.  I think Brittany was saying that he didn't seem that interested in her physically and as a result, she was losing interest in him physically.  Back on the honeymoon, she says that she told him that she was cool with him grabbing her (I believe this was her at least, I could be remembering wrong) and that she was big on physical touch and wanted him to be more affectionate.  Sure, they had agreed no sex before marriage but there's a difference between no sex and no sexual touching at all.  She pointed out that they hadn't even made out yet and I got the impression that that was due to a lack of action on his part.  So yeah, I think she was saying that in the pods, she had a craving for Kenneth but after weeks of no real physical contact, that craving was waning.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

She pointed out that they hadn't even made out yet and I got the impression that that was due to a lack of action on his part

And then he tried to protest by saying when I came home at 1:30 in the morning, and I tried to get physical with you, you shut me down. He didn’t even bother to listen to the fact that she had to get up at 5 o’clock in the morning!

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
14 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I also respect Amy’s decision not to take hormonal birth control. But it seemed like condoms were a pretty big omission.

In the Dominican Republic, when Johnny told Laura that Amy wasn't on the pill, I thought for sure it was because she had a bad experience with oral contraceptives, and they didn't work for her.

But after this episode, I'm starting to suspect she might be a modern medicine contrarian since she admitted she has never been on the pill even though her doctor has told her they could be helpful for her anemia*. So it's not like she doesn't take them because of negative side effects but rather she'd rather be all natural.  The pill can absolutely have negative side effects and I think everyone should be made aware of them so they don't suffer unnecessarily because they feel they have no choice but to take them.  But not everyone has bad side effects and the pill can do wonders for things like PCOS, anemia and other conditions even beyond helping to prevent pregnancy. 

*And the crystals. 

Amy did say something like  and "just protection isn't enough" so that implies to me that he would use condoms but just condoms aren't enough for him. 

8 hours ago, DearEvette said:

There are conflicting reports on that.  Several of the LIB people have said.. noyou didn't have to go all the way to the altar.  But some others have said you did. 

The latest I've read is that you're encouraged to go to the altar but if you break up early, you can't quit the show without a penalty.  For instance, Kenneth and Brittany can split before the altar episodes but they're still under an obligation to film whatever the show wants them to. Since there wasn't much drama involved in their courtship or even breakup, I guess we probably aren't going to see much, if any, of them again.  However, if Chelsea and Jimmy were to break up, the show would 100% expect them to come to a get together where they meet Trevor/Jessica on camera.

Speaking of Chelsea and Jimmy, the thing she doesn't realize is that of course his "I love yous" are going to start sounding fake.  I don't care how much I love someone, the more I feel like I need to say it to satisfy them, the less meaningful they're going to come off.  

As for Kenneth and Brittany, I suspect

we're seeing what happens with a couple that doesn't have sex or at least get really frisky once they get out of the pods.  Sex helps couples take that next step to connect. Brittany wanted to wait to get married before having sex which Kenneth respected.  Yet, even without sex, she needed him to be more physical and either he didn't because of her desire to  wait or he's just not a physically demonstrative person.  The lack of connecting on that level and the distractions of the real world pulled them apart.  There were no more hours of just sitting and talking. 

• Like 3

Re the condom thing - she did say about "not just protection" so i assume he was okay to use condoms.

But condoms are not that high a success rate. they are probably fine if used by a long term married couple who are very careful. But maybe not with a young couple who are in first stages of passion and maybe misjudge at what stage to put it on. So belt and braces for most people is to use both until they are happy to accept an accident.

And she clearly said, she was happy to have a baby in a year "if it happened" (so also clearly laying out her views on abortion not being an option for her, which is good to be upfront about). so he may want to be doubly protected to ensure that doesn't happen.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

And then he tried to protest by saying when I came home at 1:30 in the morning, and I tried to get physical with you, you shut me down. He didn’t even bother to listen to the fact that she had to get up at 5 o’clock in the morning!

I would eviscerate someone who woke me up three hours before I had to get up, for any reason except a life-threatening emergency. I’m dead asleep, have to be up at five AM (which for me is really hard, even if I went to bed very early) and you’re trying to make out? Get off me! I have a friend who once wore two different shoes out of the house because he dressed in the dark because he got up much earlier than his wife and didn’t want to wake her. That to me is romantic, not a dude rousing me from REM trying to feel me up.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

sorry but AD seems to be quite the shit-stirrer. I know everyone is so in awe of her but she does seem to start stuff with every couple. 

Im so disapointed in Kenneth what a doll I thought he was.

• Like 1

Jessica told Laura she had to take a couple days to herself to think about stuff before contacting her daughter.  I thought Jessica was crying about her daughter in the women's quarters.  Yet when she leaves she has to think about stuff before seeing her daughter.  That just seemed odd to me.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

sorry but AD seems to be quite the shit-stirrer. I know everyone is so in awe of her but she does seem to start stuff with every couple. 

I don't understand how she stirred anything up.  She had a good conversation with Kenneth.  People are blaming that conversation on why Kenneth pulled away but I think it largely happened because they got out of the pods and started to drift apart. 

And she wasn't the active one in the Jimmy/Chelsea situation.  Johnny commented on her body and Chelsea felt the need to tell her about it.  And then Johnny approached her. 

She was also the victim of Laura's little "joke" and Jeramy bringing it up to her. 

I don't think she has been a factor in anything related to Johnny and Amy. 

5 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Yet when she leaves she has to think about stuff before seeing her daughter.  That just seemed odd to me.  

So odd.  I get why she might not get to see her daughter right away since I'm guessing she and her daughter's father arranged for him to have her for the full two weeks she could potentially be gone but to not even call her? 

Amy and Johnny have put up info on Instagram related to their birth control discussion.  As with most things on the show, the discussion wasn't the full discussion.  I can't link to Instagram but you can see the posts here:

For those who don't want to go to reddit, she basically says that she has an understudied genetic medical condition that makes her hesitant about hormonal birth control.  They had multiple conversations on and off camera for about a week to make sure they had a good reproductive plan. He never pressured her to go on birth control and they did discuss condoms but wanted more protection. 

• Useful 3

I called it that Jessica got way too much air time to not having been chosen in the pods. Sarah Ann was also in a love triangle and we barely saw 2 minutes of her.

Sorry Chelsea but you are very insecure and clingy, and this is coming from me, I have been clingy and insecure my whole life, I've heard men saying that to me over and over again (and I would probably still hear it if I hadn't gotten married). She knew he saw Jess ' s photo and she thought he would realize he made mistake not choosing her and she acted like that was the case when Jimmy had given her none of this to be true.

Again I feel that they know they don't like each other and they have agreed to create drama for the air time.

I was sad about Brittany and Ken but he wasn't, he took it like a business negotiation gone wrong, oh so you don't like our product? so sad, alright see you

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't understand how she stirred anything up.  She had a good conversation with Kenneth.  People are blaming that conversation on why Kenneth pulled away but I think it largely happened because they got out of the pods and started to drift apart. 

And she wasn't the active one in the Jimmy/Chelsea situation.  Johnny commented on her body and Chelsea felt the need to tell her about it.  And then Johnny approached her. 

She was also the victim of Laura's little "joke" and Jeramy bringing it up to her. 

I don't think she has been a factor in anything related to Johnny and Amy. 

So odd.  I get why she might not get to see her daughter right away since I'm guessing she and her daughter's father arranged for him to have her for the full two weeks she could potentially be gone but to not even call her? 

Amy and Johnny have put up info on Instagram related to their birth control discussion.  As with most things on the show, the discussion wasn't the full discussion.  I can't link to Instagram but you can see the posts here:

For those who don't want to go to reddit, she basically says that she has an understudied genetic medical condition that makes her hesitant about hormonal birth control.  They had multiple conversations on and off camera for about a week to make sure they had a good reproductive plan. He never pressured her to go on birth control and they did discuss condoms but wanted more protection. 

I felt what AD said to kenneth really messed him up, and the whole black excellence thing. I think kenneth tho would ha e figured it out. Im just flabbergasted by how much ken changed!! I sinply adored him and boom hes not nice or kind at all. Kind of scary.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

I felt what AD said to kenneth really messed him up, and the whole black excellence thing. I think kenneth tho would ha e figured it out. Im just flabbergasted by how much ken changed!! I sinply adored him and boom hes not nice or kind at all. Kind of scary.

Sadly, I think Brittany simply couldn't compete once his soulmate arrived on the scene...of course I'm referring to his phone.

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
18 hours ago, ichbin said:

Sadly, I think Brittany simply couldn't compete once his soulmate arrived on the scene...of course I'm referring to his phone.

im floored by his behavior. wow. he had me convined that he was the sweetest guy ever,

fyi Jeramey and his cpap--im a cpap user and he said he did not bring it with him? I would never travel without mine and function...

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

im floored by his behavior. wow. he had me convined that he was the sweetest guy ever

I think we have missed many things that have happened this season, either because the editors chose not to show them or because they happened off camera. Ken went from being this sweet, genuine, loving guy to being indifferent and not caring, almost offensive tbh. There is a gap there and we don't know the reason.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SummerDreams said:

I think we have missed many things that have happened this season, either because the editors chose not to show them or because they happened off camera. Ken went from being this sweet, genuine, loving guy to being indifferent and not caring, almost offensive tbh. There is a gap there and we don't know the reason.

Here's the apparent reason:

Spoiler

Kenneth is apparently gay.  His cousin's text to a friend was shared, and his cousin confirmed that he's gay.

• Useful 1
55 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Here's the apparent reason:

Hide contents

Kenneth is apparently gay.  His cousin's text to a friend was shared, and his cousin confirmed that he's gay.

I had read that but this is not coming from the show. I mean, the show made us have a gap of information. What is explained from outside sources, is not the show's credit.

My heart broke for Brittany but I'm glad they called it before she got more hurt. I don't think she was saying she isn't attracted to him, I think she was saying his lack of affection is making her less attracted to him which is a big difference. And I'm sorry but waking someone up in the middle of the night when they have to be up at 5, because that's when you decide you want to be affectionate us bull. 

So, I had seen all the tik tok drama, especially about Jimmy, Chelsea and Jessica before I watched the episodes and I actually like Jimmy a lot more than I expected to, especially in the new episodes. Yeah, his reaction in the reveal was kind of crap but she'd told him she looked like Megan Fox. Chelsea is a beautiful girl but she's not Megan Fox. Seeing him in all the other parts though, I think he genuinely loves her and he's extremely patient with her because she's kind of exhausting. He's grown on me.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, SummerDreams said:

I had read that but this is not coming from the show. I mean, the show made us have a gap of information. What is explained from outside sources, is not the show's credit.

I think they tried to prime us with the awkward silences on the boat.   I wonder if they had worked out, if that part of the boat ride would have made the final edit?

But once they get to the 'outside world' the cameras don't follow them 24/7 or have the coverage they had during the pod/honeymoon phase.  People are back at work and doing their own everyday things in addition to the LIB obligated stuff.  Cameras can't be in their workplace or other private residences that the LIBers might enter.  Even public places are dicey for them to film like clubs or restaurants.

If Kenneth is out places and away from the house -- as it seems he was -- then yeah there are gaps.  And the man was on his phone so much, who knows what was going on with him.  They can only work with what they give him and Kenneth wasn't giving much. 

And I would not be surprised if Kenneth and Brittany had already broken up off camera but were told they had to do it on camera.  Hence  how disconnected that entire conversation sounded and how totally checked out Kenneth already was.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, ally8620000 said:

she'd told him she looked like Megan Fox

To be fair, she never said this is what she thinks of herself but that "some people" have mistaken her for Megan Fox and she herself doesn't see it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

And I would not be surprised if Kenneth and Brittany had already broken up off camera but were told they had to do it on camera.  Hence  how disconnected that entire conversation sounded and how totally checked out Kenneth already was.

I believe Brittany said that this was the first time they spoke of breaking up and that, at least, was a real time convo the cameras captured.  However, she also has defended him so I'm not sure how much the phone was truly a factor.  It was just an easy story for the show to tell to explain people drifing apart. 

5 hours ago, SummerDreams said:

I think we have missed many things that have happened this season, either because the editors chose not to show them or because they happened off camera.

I do think this happens every season.  People who seem amazing in the pods, or even on vacation, suddenly reveal themselves to be jerks in person. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, SummerDreams said:

Yes there has to be

(edited)
On 2/22/2024 at 6:51 PM, Snapdragon said:

I didn't read the situation like that at all.  I think Brittany was saying that he didn't seem that interested in her physically and as a result, she was losing interest in him physically.  Back on the honeymoon, she says that she told him that she was cool with him grabbing her (I believe this was her at least, I could be remembering wrong) and that she was big on physical touch and wanted him to be more affectionate.  Sure, they had agreed no sex before marriage but there's a difference between no sex and no sexual touching at all.  She pointed out that they hadn't even made out yet and I got the impression that that was due to a lack of action on his part.  So yeah, I think she was saying that in the pods, she had a craving for Kenneth but after weeks of no real physical contact, that craving was waning.  

This is exactly how I read it too. To me, it was extremely clear that she was the one trying very hard to connect with him, whether through physical touch or conversation or even unpacking/setting up their apartment together, and he was unfortunately checked out. Waking up your fiance at 1:30 am when she didn't know where you were and she had to wake up at 5, and expecting some cuddling or intimate time, doesn't count... haha.

Unfortunately from what we saw on the show it does seem like he kinda got spooked on his relationship after spending time with Clay and AD and realizing the real-life implications of being in a mixed-race couple. The strange breakup made it look like he was looking for a quick and easy reason to break it off.

I admired the way they both talked about race in the brief times we saw them discuss it, but apparently it would have taken quite a bit more to make it work as a couple. As someone else said, if being with a Black woman was extremely important to him that's his prerogative and I wouldn't begrudge him for that, but if that was the case he shouldn't have gone on this particular show.

Edited by Cornhusker12
  • Like 2

Yikes that is clingy. Chelsea's really too much.

Laura is another one, such opposite of Jeremy in not a good way.

Kenneth checked out of that conversation, going on his phone, then saying hug for no beef was wow. Really showed no care for her emotions at all.

• Like 2

What a bizarre end. It is strange that he wasn't happily greeting her good morning. It's a CHOICE!!!! If my supposed person was gave a neutral, "hey," when he woke up, I'd be out. 🤷‍♀️ They were stating their issues with no solutions so they wanted to end it instead of improve it? 🤨

Clingy?!!! How dare he!!! He meant needy & complainy!!! 🤣 Kisses & I love yous??? SERIOUSLY?!! & he should've kept that bit lip BS!!! Again with saying the same thing over & over & over again?!! He got defensive & red. Poor thing. I just don't understand how people are still this dumb. ENCOURAGE THE BEHAVIOR YOU WANT!!! DUHHH!!! Maybe she's made up her mind that he's more into Jess after seeing her pic or is she trying to recreate familiar chaos? Something's wrong her. I wish they were really done so I didn't have to watch their poor communication anymore!

Clay didn't offer his cold fiancée his sweater & his mom was right there & didn't get on him about that?!!! 🤨 So she didn't raise him better than that? Smh. Then he got defensive about not returning to their apartment after work. ON WHAT PLANET DO EXCUSES WORK?!! SERIOUSLY!!! These fools really think their partner will suddenly be okay with what they took issue with?!! So stupid!