Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04 Dog Days Of Summer

• Start Topic

(edited)

James and Ally host pool party, Lisa Vanderpump gives advice.

As soon as I saw the suicide hotline phone number at the beginning, I knew I was in a for an ordeal.

Edited by Gharlane
  • Like 1

The ending, if you haven’t seen it yet, for this episode is jaw dropping.  It was for me anyway.

And yes, Sandoval is a narcissist.  The deflection to Lala during the talk with Scheana was indicative to me that Tom will never own his responsibility for his actions.  Until he does, he should not be welcome on any level with the group.

i am disappointed in Lisa, though I understand, by her reaction, but at the same time, the non-stop acid coming from the group isn’t sustainable for an entire season.

something tells me we should have gone out on the scandal last season.

• Like 6
(edited)

Billie Lee the famewhore needs to go away, or at least turn down the mocking (AKA bad acting) a notch or five.

I'm already tired of the attempt to build up tension for the upcoming Tahoe trip. 

I HATE that outfit of Katie's in the confessional shots with the white collar and sheer bib. Every time I saw Schemer's confessional, my attention was drawn to her boob suspension bridge dress. what the fuck was LaLa wearing for the pool party, a two piece bikini with one strap on the top? 

Arianna, you're being a bitch at this point. At least you seem partially cognizant of it at the pool party.

I need to go back and remind myself about how DJ Muppet Baby's dog ended up with Dog Rescuer Lisa Vanderbucks. Did Rachel abandon it? 🤔

Edited by Gharlane
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

I need to go back and remind myself about how DJ Muppet Baby's dog ended up with Dog Rescuer Lisa Vanderbucks. Did Rachel abandon it? 🤔

Rachel left him with her family who dumped him at a rescue/ shelter.

It's hard to feel any empathy for Sandoval when he continues to blame everyone but himself. 

No more Billie Lee!! 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, b2H said:

The ending, if you haven’t seen it yet, for this episode is jaw dropping.  It was for me anyway.

And yes, Sandoval is a narcissist.  The deflection to Lala during the talk with Scheana was indicative to me that Tom will never own his responsibility for his actions.  Until he does, he should not be welcome on any level with the group.

i am disappointed in Lisa, though I understand, by her reaction, but at the same time, the non-stop acid coming from the group isn’t sustainable for an entire season.

something tells me we should have gone out on the scandal last season.

Sandoval played Lisa like a violin - she's still very raw over her brother's suicide so that walking turd Sandoval played the one card the would cause her to advocate for him - his so-called dark place.

1 minute ago, Gharlane said:

I need to go back and remind myself about how DJ Muppet Baby's dog ended up with Dog Rescuer Lisa Vanderbucks. Did Rachel abandon it?

Considering that that fucking C**T refused to let James have the dog despite his pleading for it and was a supreme bitch about never letting him see Graham again, her abandoning him to a foster home - which nearly led to him being put in a shelter - rather than simply giving him back to James makes me want to punch her in the throat.  And I'm 70 for goodness' sake.

Say what you will about James.  He LOVES that dog.  

Looks like VPR is sinking like the Titanic in the ratings.  I'm sure the premiere's 3.4  million viewers tuned in to see the aftermath - I wonder how many had followed the story of the past 8 months.  But there has been significant drop off each week.  Last week drew less than 1 million (0.96). 

Of course they need to get the band back together - I don't know about anyone else but I fast-forward through the scenes of Tom the Turd and his D-list sidekick Billie Lee and his interviews where he's dressed like he's aspiring to be the world's tallest Leprechaun.  They need to have him filming with the others.  Contrivance will abound.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)

What kind of family does Rachel come from?   Dropping off Graham to some random foster home, followed by a shelter? I don't know how LVP found him but seeing James' reaction was really sweet.  I can't believe Rachel just wouldn't have let James HAVE him to begin with...

The rest of this show?  Burp*

I'm getting really tired of Ariana's "poor me" act.  I think she's moving into obnoxious territory and she should watch out - the people are gonna turn on HER if she doesn't watch out.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Gharlane said:

It ended up in a foster home for two weeks, bit some people, was sent to a shelter and then in a happy coincidence Lisa's place was asked to take him.  I'm not buying the story we were given, although I think Lisa pulled some strings somewhere and found the dog and retrieved him for James.  

Also: Katie's top?  On RH of Beverly Hills either Kyle or Dorit are wearing that same top in their THs! 😄

1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

Sandoval played Lisa like a violin - she's still very raw over her brother's suicide so that walking turd Sandoval played the one card the would cause her to advocate for him - his so-called dark place.

OR they knew they needed something serious to get the gang back together?  Since I'm not buying most of what they're selling this season I'm having a hard time with this "storyline" as well.  I guess Scheana and "Lala" have been mean about him on their podcasts (I don't listen to those) so that makes sense to me when they say they should "stop coming for him".  But there's a big stretch between not publicly attacking him and befriending him again - why can't they just go on with their lives without him?  (Rhetorical question - obviously I know the answer 😄)

Sandy in love with Raquel?  I'm not buying it.  They never seemed "in love" at any time after we were told they were "in love" - they were super awkward together.  I'm sure they had drunken fun together as well as the sex, but that's not love.  Also - that scene where Sandy talked to her "27 days ago" - he talks and there's no response where there should be one - I'm thinking that was filmed without her.

Billie Lee?  Meh.  But we know she stayed friends with Ariana and Sandy after she left the show, apparently chose Sandy after the split, and he has his band friends he's really into right now, so I'm not buying that he misses "this group" so much that he wants to hang out with them, get yelled at by them and possibly have to grovel to Ariana in order to hang out with them.  It looks like it's going to be very hard for him to get along with any of them due to his own ego 😄

"Lala" and Lisa have always been my 2 least favorite of the vulgar pigs on this show, mostly due to their extreme vulgarity and piggishness, but I did enjoy "Lala"'s talk with Schwartz at the pool.  Maybe she can grow.  On the other hand - I have always had a soft spot for James, and enjoyed seeing his delight in hosting his friends at his new house.

Schwartz also seemed a little more mature this episode - low bar I know.  His "friend" Jo was falling over herself to contribute to the conversation and get noticed!  You go girl 😂

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
29 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Can anyone figure out what Katie is doing in the opening? Ariana is holding a teacup. It looks like Katie is sprinkling something really feminine on her sandwich?

Why does the intro depict Something About Her, when the place STILL isn't open? How hard can it be to start up a dinky little joint like that anyway? And shades of the Two Toms arguing about work that needed to be done to open Schwartz and Sandy's while Sandoval screwed around with his band. Now Katie is complaining that things aren't getting done while Ariana is busy having a career on TV and on Broadway!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sandoval is saying the suicide stuff to Lisa because he knew she would react exactly how she is reacting.

Lala and Scheana making everything about themselves is so them.

I’m sure Lisa would love if her friends stayed friends with Ken if he fucked around on her for almost a year. I do get why she is reacting that way tho with what happened to her brother so that makes sense.

I’m not even an Ariana fan but Sandoval is not sorry. Everyone interview he does shows that so why should they all feel so bad for him. All he had to do was say sorry I fucked up I wasn’t happy then all this shit would mostly be over but he can’t take accountability. Not that I think everyone should get keep ragging on him but I can’t with this whole storyline.

Jame’s backyard and pool seems nice.

I refuse to watch any Billie Lee - FF!

Ali is kind of annoying me. There’s just something about her.

Schwartz seemed coked up at the pool party lol. I don’t mind him tho.

Jo seems annoying and I’m sure her and Tom fuck or do whatever Schwartz does.

Sandoval no one followed anyone’s lead it’s you being a dbag that makes everyone continue to not like you lol. Such a victim.

I knew James got Graham back but the end did make me cry with him seeing him.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 8
2 minutes ago, Marley said:

Me too! And I'm liking the new sober and  more mature James. It's interesting that so many of the group are getting sober (or at least somewhat more sober) right now. Without the drunken debauchery and fights, one has to wonder how much longer the show can limp on.

And count me in as someone tiring fast of Queen Ariana's act. The scandal really gave her career a much needed jump start. She should count her blessings.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

That’s what’s crazy about Sandoval not just taking accountability. If he stopped trying so hard to be such a victim he would get so many fans back on his side. Ppl are already turning on Ariana. Tom is just so fucking arrogant tho he just can’t.

I personally don’t really care about either Sandoval or Ariana. I mean Ariana can have her moments I guess. I love their dog Mya tho.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Considering that that fucking C**T refused to let James have the dog despite his pleading for it and was a supreme bitch about never letting him see Graham again, her abandoning him to a foster home - which nearly led to him being put in a shelter - rather than simply giving him back to James makes me want to punch her in the throat.  And I'm 70 for goodness' sake.

Say what you will about James.  He LOVES that dog.  

Looks like VPR is sinking like the Titanic in the ratings.  I'm sure the premiere's 3.4  million viewers tuned in to see the aftermath - I wonder how many had followed the story of the past 8 months.  But there has been significant drop off each week.  Last week drew less than 1 million (0.96). 

Of course they need to get the band back together - I don't know about anyone else but I fast-forward through the scenes of Tom the Turd and his D-list sidekick Billie Lee and his interviews where he's dressed like he's aspiring to be the world's tallest Leprechaun.  They need to have him filming with the others.  Contrivance will abound.

Rachel gave Graham to her family when she went into the mental health facility. He bit her mother (Graham was a biter when he was with Rachel and James, as well because James encouraged it by playing with him), and he was surrendered to a Goldendoodle Rescue. Graham had issues after he reunited with James- we saw a little bit in previews tonight. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2

Jo was so socially inept in that scene with the Toms. Interrupting constantly or overlapping Schwartz. Repeating something that wasn’t that interesting the first time she said it. She is very pretty, however.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Yeah, that made me angry as well, now that I remember what happened.

3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Can anyone figure out what Katie is doing in the opening? Ariana is holding a teacup. It looks like Katie is sprinkling something really feminine on her sandwich?

The scene of them in the fake sandwich shop made me wonder why we hadn't heard anything about it yet, and the first thing we see is them pretending to work on working on the red tape involved! OK, I was amused a bit.

3 hours ago, princelina said:

Sandy in love with Raquel?  I'm not buying it.  They never seemed "in love" at any time after we were told they were "in love" - they were super awkward together.  I'm sure they had drunken fun together as well as the sex, but that's not love.  Also - that scene where Sandy talked to her "27 days ago" - he talks and there's no response where there should be one - I'm thinking that was filmed without her.

I thought Sandoval was leaving a voice message with her.

• Like 3

Aww, Graham  is back. James loves that dog.🐾🐾 I'm not sure how he'll  get on with the cat.

Schwartz  is making  sense, when he talks Sandoval  down from his high horse!. I think   Sandoval  has been in some dark places, you lose friends  when you get divorced,  and even  if you aren't  guilty of anything,  they choose( usually) one or the other. Let them  choose Ariana,  no need to give them an ultimatum. 

I hope they have some fun this season, either way,  I'll  still watch.

I think  Scheana's daughter is such a cutie.

• Like 3

If we're going to get the Sandoval fake suicidal thoughts redemption tour, I'm out of here. The only part of the episode that was enjoyable was seeing poor Graham and James reunited. Sandoval is scum for emotionally manipulating Lisa like that. At this point in their lives it's been a few months since everything went down, and like most narcissists, Sandoval doesn't realize why everyone is still mad, and he's still projecting and has learned nothing. He and Schwartz are both disgusting and I can hardly watch this shit now. Billy Lee - why is she back? GTFO, lady. 

I hope this is the last season. This has officially gotten boring. And I don't want to see everyone turn the tables and put Ariana on the outs. I hope she leaves the show and leaves every single one of these idiots behind, save for maybe Ally. 

Summer Moon might be the cutest little kid I've ever seen... 

• Like 8
9 hours ago, princelina said:

It ended up in a foster home for two weeks, bit some people, was sent to a shelter and then in a happy coincidence Lisa's place was asked to take him.  I'm not buying the story we were given, although I think Lisa pulled some strings somewhere and found the dog and retrieved him for James.  

Also: Katie's top?  On RH of Beverly Hills either Kyle or Dorit are wearing that same top in their THs! 😄

OR they knew they needed something serious to get the gang back together?  Since I'm not buying most of what they're selling this season I'm having a hard time with this "storyline" as well.  I guess Scheana and "Lala" have been mean about him on their podcasts (I don't listen to those) so that makes sense to me when they say they should "stop coming for him".  But there's a big stretch between not publicly attacking him and befriending him again - why can't they just go on with their lives without him?  (Rhetorical question - obviously I know the answer 😄)

Billie Lee?  Meh.  But we know she stayed friends with Ariana and Sandy after she left the show, apparently chose Sandy after the split, and he has his band friends he's really into right now, so I'm not buying that he misses "this group" so much that he wants to hang out with them, get yelled at by them and possibly have to grovel to Ariana in order to hang out with them.  It looks like it's going to be very hard for him to get along with any of them due to his own ego 😄

"Lala" and Lisa have always been my 2 least favorite of the vulgar pigs on this show, mostly due to their extreme vulgarity and piggishness, but I did enjoy "Lala"'s talk with Schwartz at the pool.  Maybe she can grow.  On the other hand - I have always had a soft spot for James, and enjoyed seeing his delight in hosting his friends at his new house.

Schwartz also seemed a little more mature this episode - low bar I know.  His "friend" Jo was falling over herself to contribute to the conversation and get noticed!  You go girl 😂

I think the 27-days-ago phone call probably actually was with Raquel. However, since she refused to sign the contract, I’m sure the show cannot use her likeness without her permission. The same way group scenes sometimes have people blurred out in the background—those who refused to sign the release vs those who signed it.

9 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Why does the intro depict Something About Her, when the place STILL isn't open? How hard can it be to start up a dinky little joint like that anyway? And shades of the Two Toms arguing about work that needed to be done to open Schwartz and Sandy's while Sandoval screwed around with his band. Now Katie is complaining that things aren't getting done while Ariana is busy having a career on TV and on Broadway!

Two of the three restaurants featured in the intro don’t exist! They also have Pump, which shut down by episode 2 or 3 of this season. The third is TomTom, which I’m not sure why they didn’t go with Schwartz and Sandy’s, but I guess they need to try to include something that Van Der Pump rules. Odd that SUR isn’t included at all, but I guess this is the evolution of the show—more than a decade later it’s not as Sexy or Unique any more.

9 hours ago, Marley said:

Sandoval is saying the suicide stuff to Lisa because he knew she would react exactly how she is reacting.

Lala and Scheana making everything about themselves is so them.

I’m sure Lisa would love if her friends stayed friends with Ken if he fucked around on her for almost a year. I do get why she is reacting that way tho with what happened to her brother so that makes sense.

I’m not even an Ariana fan but Sandoval is not sorry. Everyone interview he does shows that so why should they all feel so bad for him. All he had to do was say sorry I fucked up I wasn’t happy then all this shit would mostly be over but he can’t take accountability. Not that I think everyone should get keep ragging on him but I can’t with this whole storyline.

Jame’s backyard and pool seems nice.

I refuse to watch any Billie Lee - FF!

Ali is kind of annoying me. There’s just something about her.

Schwartz seemed coked up at the pool party lol. I don’t mind him tho.

Jo seems annoying and I’m sure her and Tom fuck or do whatever Schwartz does.

Sandoval no one followed anyone’s lead it’s you being a dbag that makes everyone continue to not like you lol. Such a victim.

Regarding whether or not the gang should feel sorry for Tom, I think the lens they’re taking here is feeling bad about their actions toward Tom, not the general populace’s sentiment toward him or even about Tom’s actions. Lala and Scheana specifically made an entire year’s worth of content on ripping apart Tom on their podcasts. I do see Tom’s perspective that viewers did take the lead on how to react to Tom from that because we did diligently consume all of the anti-Tom media out there for a year and counting (as Raquel is just getting started with her side on her podcast). Lala and Scheana made a lot of money (presumably) on trash-talking Tom, and got a lot more attention and views than they would have if they just focused on their own lives. Tom doesn’t owe them any type of apology. He definitely owes it to Ariana! And even to Schwartz because he got dragged down by association. But I do think Lala and Scheana are the ones who did Tom dirty in this scenario, and he is rightfully upset about it. But I agree with Schwartz’s positioning that, yes, they do ultimately need to apologize to you, but you need to go in there humble and apologetic to what you did to Ariana first—and even understand that you put them in this position to speak up on defending Ariana’s side.

9 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Me too! And I'm liking the new sober and  more mature James. It's interesting that so many of the group are getting sober (or at least somewhat more sober) right now. Without the drunken debauchery and fights, one has to wonder how much longer the show can limp on.

And count me in as someone tiring fast of Queen Ariana's act. The scandal really gave her career a much needed jump start. She should count her blessings.

Between Lala and James’s very mature and introspective conversation and Lala and Schwartz’s very mature and introspective conversation, I kind of agree that our gang is growing up—and likely outgrowing this show. That’s good for them, not sure how good it is for ratings. But I think I would be okay with a final season where everyone shows their own level of personal growth. It would be a good way to end the series. However, with ratings so high last year and an Emmy nomination, I don’t think we’ll see the end of this show any time soon. Plus, then James chugs a CBD drink and cannonballs off his roof, so maybe they’re not completely matured after all.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Between Lala and James’s very mature and introspective conversation and Lala and Schwartz’s very mature and introspective conversation, I kind of agree that our gang is growing up—and likely outgrowing this show. That’s good for them, not sure how good it is for ratings. But I think I would be okay with a final season where everyone shows their own level of personal growth. It would be a good way to end the series. However, with ratings so high last year and an Emmy nomination, I don’t think we’ll see the end of this show any time soon. Plus, then James chugs a CBD drink and cannonballs off his roof, so maybe they’re not completely matured after all.

I was somewhat surprised by LaLa's sudden maturity. is it genuine or a version of damage control?🤔

I am getting tired of hearing the term "sober curious". It seems like a synonym for "California sober", especially after seeing then chugging CBD drinks and "consumables". 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

I feel like Lala has always periodically decided to try out a calm, wise, Zen version of herself. I am not saying it's fake or real, just that I think I've seen it before -- and seen it come and go. She also has a tendency to use a phrase to death; right now, it seems to be "wear" in terms of labels (societally/peer- imposed labels, not clothing labels) and trauma. 

• Like 5

I give Lala and James a lot of credit for actively working to improve themselves. Sober curious, therapy, increased self-awareness... all positive signs of growth. 

I didn't realize the sandwich shop was going to have liquor. That explains some of the delay. Obtaining a liquor license, especially for a new establishment (vs. transferring) can take forever. The process is ripe for corruption and often involves payoffs/shady dealings.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, snarts said:

I didn't realize the sandwich shop was going to have liquor. That explains some of the delay.

Supposedly it takes around 90 days for issuance or denial of an "original" full liquor license in California.  Since they supposedly have investors, I do wonder what their explanation is to them as to why they can't open up and sell sandwiches in the interim (or even just applying for a beer license while they wait, which I suspect is easier to get).  They should have made that application the minute they had the location.  Indeed, in S.F., you would see the sign that advises that a liquor license had been applied for posted while the restaurant was practically still down to the bones.  

There's a part of me that wonders if they haven't just completely lost interest in the project.  

• Like 3
  • Love 3

My house was very dusty when James was reunited with Graham...

I must be old since I was yelling at them to stop jumping from the roof. That is seriously dangerous. 

I wonder if Billie Lee realizes how silly she looks that she is ONLY being featured (if even somewhat) because literally no one other than Schwartz will film with Sandoval. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Hey Sandavol. I don't need Scheana or LaLa to egg me on or lead the hate train.

I?  Have always thought you were a POS.  From the first time you crossed my TV screen.

Per usual, you don't take accountability for the mess of your life that YOU and YOU ALONE created.

Asshole with emphasis on the ass.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Supposedly it takes around 90 days for issuance or denial of an "original" full liquor license in California. 

Yes, but most municipalities enforce a limit on the number of liquor licenses allowed. Meaning, once they're at the max, the only option is transferring (buying) from a closed bar/restaurant. I'd expect that's the situation in WeHo.

3 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I must be old since I was yelling at them to stop jumping from the roof. That is seriously dangerous. 

I broke my wrist with a similar stunt, jumping from roof onto trampoline and into pool. I was 10.

3 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I wonder if Billie Lee realizes how silly she looks that she is ONLY being featured (if even somewhat) because literally no one other than Schwartz will film with Sandoval. 

Didn't she previously come out against the show, saying it exploited her? Now here she is chasing the camera around.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Ehh I’m very nervous for him to have Graham.  James would encourage the biting, while playing.  He would also kick Graham off the couch when he was sleeping.  This is from Rachel/Raquel but honestly I could see it.  Kristen has come out recently saying that he was abusive.  When he was drinking he was awful.  

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Supposedly it takes around 90 days for issuance or denial of an "original" full liquor license in California.  Since they supposedly have investors, I do wonder what their explanation is to them as to why they can't open up and sell sandwiches in the interim (or even just applying for a beer license while they wait, which I suspect is easier to get).  They should have made that application the minute they had the location.  Indeed, in S.F., you would see the sign that advises that a liquor license had been applied for posted while the restaurant was practically still down to the bones.  

There's a part of me that wonders if they haven't just completely lost interest in the project.  

It's possible they lost interest in opening the sandwich shop, especially Ariana who has so many business/professional offers.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1

I think the cast wants Sandoval to apologize again (he did at the reunion) on the show. And they all use the word accountability. For how long does he need to apologize to the general public (because this is not about the cast only, or Ariana)? 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

It's possible they lost interest in opening the sandwich shop, especially Ariana who has so many business/professional offers.

They never seemed to have any interest in it unless there was filming going on for the show.  Or they would have done more between asking Rand to invest and last season before "Scandoval" 😃

1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

I think the cast wants Sandoval to apologize again (he did at the reunion) on the show. And they all use the word accountability. For how long does he need to apologize to the general public (because this is not about the cast only, or Ariana)? 

"Accountability" is becoming a reality tv word that has no meaning but just get tossed about.  It was said about Raquel last year after the reunion, and I said then that I didn't know what else she could do - she publicly apologized, allowed them to all mock and insult her at the reunion - what else?  He did the same; I know he's arrogant and can't bring himself to grovel at their feet, but if he did that I think he's still get the same charge.

• Like 4
(edited)

I still watch, but it's kind of boring. I expected the ratings to plunge. Bravo is not going to pull the plug anytime soon. I see at least another season.

Jo seems to be a little awkward- not used to the cameras? Schwartz said they had a romance, but they are friends now.

It was nice to see Graham again. 

Jumping from a roof to a pool (several times) is childish, and dangerous.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
(edited)
On 2/21/2024 at 12:02 AM, Jaundiced Eye said:

And I'm liking the new sober and more mature James.

Let's not nominate him to take over for James Lipton yet.  He did publicly and proudly revenge-urinate on someone's bushes because he wasn't apologized to for not being consulted by Tom about Rachel like she was his property.  While I also love a good dog story, I am not entirely convinced James is going to remain the best place for that dog.  With luck I'm wrong.

10 hours ago, ZettaK said:

This is not entirely unreasonable, but there are apologies and there are apologies.  His are not working because he is conveying no sincerity and he's frequently, consistently being a self-centered douchecanoe with even LESS perspective, even a year later.

Lastly, this look was definitely something.

xas.png

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, Lassus said:

Let's not nominate him to take over for James Lipton yet.  He did publicly and proudly revenge-urinate on someone's bushes because he wasn't apologized to for not being consulted by Tom about Rachel like she was his property.  While I also love a good dog story, I am not entirely convinced James is going to remain the best place for that dog.  With luck I'm wrong.

This is not entirely unreasonable, but there are apologies and there are apologies.  His are not working because he is conveying no sincerity and he's frequently, consistently being a self-centered douchecanoe with even LESS perspective, even a year later.

Lastly, this look was definitely something.

xas.png

Sandoval gave at least one interview many months after the affair was exposed, and he was not contrite. He was probably tired of the backlash. It seems to me the group (and especially Scheana and Lala who were not directly affected, but indirectly profited in multiple ways from Scandoval) is screaming about "accountability" to gain favor with Ariana's supporters. Ariana has every right to expect accountability. 

• Like 2

The group isn't expecting or demanding anything from Sandoval, they simply don't care to be around him. 

That's why watching him work LVP to gain her sympathy so she in turn would ask the group to be more empathetic was a desperate attempt to stay on the show. He knows that if he's resigned to filming only with paid sycophants Billie Lee, Kyle Chan and his band manager, he'd be dropped. 

The show is forcing them to interact with him when IRL most would remain Ariana's friends and never talk to Tom again. If this happened to your close friend, would you be cordially hanging with her ex? Hell no.

• Like 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

but indirectly profited in multiple ways from Scandoval

I mean it does have to be frustrating but it is 100% true that the rising tide of Tom Sandoval's douchebaggery lifted all boats.  A hell of a lot of money has been made from Tom being a lying, cheating, thoughtless idiot.  But you know who else made a lot of money?  Everyone who worked at the TSA after some dipshit tried to blow up a plane with a shoe.  But at least that moron wasn't so stupid that he felt that he should be entitled to some of the windfall as a direct result of his terrible decisions.

And Tom's boat was also lifted. He was just on the cover of the NY Times fucking magazine.  However, he is such a narcissist he really can't imagine that he has had consequences for doing something bad. 

I had even a certain amount of sympathy in the immediate aftermath.  This show has had cheaters after cheaters, but nothing like this EVER happened to them.  It's just... Tom didn't see that his was in fact different, and I don't know that anyone could have really predicted the overwhelming aftermath (part of which was actually brought on by the fact that he himself had a very good reputation until this thing).  I have no doubt it was a lot, even though it was his fault.  It was a perfect storm of the new world.

But you know what, there are people who deal with this every day in that town.  There were resources, and instead of utilizing those, he spent all his money touring with a shitty rock band and was an enormous dick.  He ADDED to the storm - it wasn't out of his control.  So ultimately it's on him now.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Oh and wanted to ask - anyone here who DOESN'T think that the resurfacing of the abominable Jax Taylor on this show sometime this season is for no other purpose than to stimulate interest in the new show about a group of people living in Valley Village and who are probably as exciting as watching a snail move across your porch?

I hope that little venture is a one and done, like the Real Housewives of DC or Million Dollar Listing San Francisco.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2