Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04 Dog Days Of Summer

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

Oh and wanted to ask - anyone here who DOESN'T think that the resurfacing of the abominable Jax Taylor on this show sometime this season is for no other purpose than to stimulate interest in the new show about a group of people living in Valley Village and who are probably as exciting as watching a snail move across your porch?

I didn't know Jax was making an appearance this season. 😀

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, snarts said:

The group isn't expecting or demanding anything from Sandoval, they simply don't care to be around him. 

That's why watching him work LVP to gain her sympathy so she in turn would ask the group to be more empathetic was a desperate attempt to stay on the show. He knows that if he's resigned to filming only with paid sycophants Billie Lee, Kyle Chan and his band manager, he'd be dropped. 

The show is forcing them to interact with him when IRL most would remain Ariana's friends and never talk to Tom again. If this happened to your close friend, would you be cordially hanging with her ex? Hell no.

Almost nobody would watch a show with Ariana, her new boyfriend, Katie (who was never too likeable, and has no storyline), Scheana, Lala, and James. In fact the ratings plunged after those first episodes that were Sandoval free, or Sandoval "light". Bravo wants drama, and it still wanted Rachel to participate in this reason. James was kind of pushed out last season. I don't think anybody wanted to be around him too much, that's why he was so vocal (screaming) at the reunion. Only Katie is Ariana's real friend, and she probably wouldn't become a close friend in the first place if the Toms were not friends. Scheana would be still friends with Sandoval if not for the backlash- she was accused later on for being too friendly to him.

10 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I didn't know Jax was making an appearance this season. 😀

The famewhore will appear to trash Sandoval, his old nemesis.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Oh and wanted to ask - anyone here who DOESN'T think that the resurfacing of the abominable Jax Taylor on this show sometime this season is for no other purpose than to stimulate interest in the new show about a group of people living in Valley Village and who are probably as exciting as watching a snail move across your porch?

I hope that little venture is a one and done, like the Real Housewives of DC or Million Dollar Listing San Francisco.  

Something tells me that if people don't really care about Vanderpump Rules anymore, they won't about Jax's show which looks boring (and it has the abominable Jax and his stupid, annoying wife in it), it doesn't matter how much Bravo promotes it, or hypes it. And that's another person, and group of people who benefited from Scandoval. This show was being promoted for six or seven years as a potential spin off with the Toms, Ariana, Katie, Kristen, her then boyfriend, Stassi, and any boyfriend of hers living as young adults independently of Lisa Vanderpump, and it didn't materialize, but Scandoval happened, and suddenly Jax, and his crew of unknowns were offered a deal. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, Lassus said:

I mean it does have to be frustrating but it is 100% true that the rising tide of Tom Sandoval's douchebaggery lifted all boats.  A hell of a lot of money has been made from Tom being a lying, cheating, thoughtless idiot.  But you know who else made a lot of money?  Everyone who worked at the TSA after some dipshit tried to blow up a plane with a shoe.  But at least that moron wasn't so stupid that he felt that he should be entitled to some of the windfall as a direct result of his terrible decisions.

And Tom's boat was also lifted. He was just on the cover of the NY Times fucking magazine.  However, he is such a narcissist he really can't imagine that he has had consequences for doing something bad. 

I had even a certain amount of sympathy in the immediate aftermath.  This show has had cheaters after cheaters, but nothing like this EVER happened to them.  It's just... Tom didn't see that his was in fact different, and I don't know that anyone could have really predicted the overwhelming aftermath (part of which was actually brought on by the fact that he himself had a very good reputation until this thing).  I have no doubt it was a lot, even though it was his fault.  It was a perfect storm of the new world.

But you know what, there are people who deal with this every day in that town.  There were resources, and instead of utilizing those, he spent all his money touring with a shitty rock band and was an enormous dick.  He ADDED to the storm - it wasn't out of his control.  So ultimately it's on him now.

The New York Times magazine article shocked me, meaning that I expected more from such a publication. But I guess it's a sign of the times...

I also see how society still treats males and females who committed the same 'sin'. Tom had a couple of reality show offers on top of VR, and I don't doubt more business offers eventually, althought I didn't bother to check, and he was interviewed by the NY Times magazine, but not Rachel who was maligned so much more than him. 

• Like 5
On 2/21/2024 at 1:29 AM, ZettaK said:

Rachel gave Graham to her family when she went into the mental health facility. He bit her mother (Graham was a biter when he was with Rachel and James, as well because James encouraged it by playing with him), and he was surrendered to a Goldendoodle Rescue. Graham had issues after he reunited with James- we saw a little bit in previews tonight. 

If I left my dog w my family while I went to rehab/a spa, and they SURRENDERED her?!?!?!?

also, I think that Lala may be looking at James as the one that got away.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 2/23/2024 at 3:06 PM, ZettaK said:

I also see how society still treats males and females who committed the same 'sin'. Tom had a couple of reality show offers on top of VR, and I don't doubt more business offers eventually, althought I didn't bother to check, and he was interviewed by the NY Times magazine, but not Rachel who was maligned so much more than him. 

Hard to judge from this case, however - Tom does have personality and charisma and could bring something to a show, even if it's just amazing doucebaggery -Raquel has neither.  I can't imagine anyone wanting her on their show.  Including Dancing and Chicago if she were in Ariana's shoes!

On 2/23/2024 at 5:44 PM, DrSparkles said:

also, I think that Lala may be looking at James as the one that got away.

James did point out years ago that if he had money and a career she'd have chosen him over the fat man 😄

Edited by princelina
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I would bring my own towel too, but I suppose if someone forgets, you'd want some around. Plus, if I have a pool at my house, I am probably going to have a few designated pools towels regardless of whether I'm having a party.

I will watch the new show, whatever it's called -- though I prefer to think of it as not the Jax show, but instead the Kristen show.

Almost nobody would watch a show with Ariana, her new boyfriend, Katie (who was never too likeable, and has no storyline), Scheana, Lala, and James.

Haha, I feel like that is pretty much exactly what I am doing already.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I would bring my own towel too, but I suppose if someone forgets, you'd want some around. Plus, if I have a pool at my house, I am probably going to have a few designated pools towels regardless of whether I'm having a party.

Years ago, when my mom had a pool at the house, there was always a bin of towels for folks to use if needed.

• Like 1

As for Rachel, yes, she has no personality. She probably thought that after Ariana and Sandoval broke up, she would become the number one woman of the show along Sandoval. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 2/20/2024 at 8:50 PM, b2H said:

something tells me we should have gone out on the scandal last season.

Agree. I can't get into this season so far. I'm mostly bored. 

Looks like VPR is sinking like the Titanic in the ratings.  I'm sure the premiere's 3.4  million viewers tuned in to see the aftermath - I wonder how many had followed the story of the past 8 months.  But there has been significant drop off each week.  Last week drew less than 1 million (0.96). 

It's all about Adriana and her anger and bitterness, which isn't fun to watch. The rest of the cast don't have much to do. I'm not sure I'll even make it through the whole season.

I was glad to see James get Graham back. That was a great surprise. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 4
(edited)
On 2/21/2024 at 7:36 AM, Stiggs said:

Sandoval is scum for emotionally manipulating Lisa like that. At this point in their lives it's been a few months since everything went down, and like most narcissists, Sandoval doesn't realize why everyone is still mad, and he's still projecting and has learned nothing.

He is so unlikable now that I'm having a hard time remembering if he was more tolerable in the earlier seasons. He does strike me as a straight up narcissist. I don't believe he and Raquel were "in love" despite what he says. Sounds more like a fling. 

Not buying that Jo is just a friend to Schwartz. 

Do any of them even work at Sur anymore? We don't see that part of the show any longer. I kind of miss it. How can they sustain this show without it? The cast working at the restaurant was what it was based on. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 4
(edited)
On 2/21/2024 at 1:35 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

In my opinion, Lala found a very good therapist; I am basing this on her conversation with Schwartz at James’s pool party. 

I think her AA program is really helping her too. I recognize it in a lot of the things she says. 

I also see how society still treats males and females who committed the same 'sin'. Tom had a couple of reality show offers on top of VR, and I don't doubt more business offers eventually, although I didn't bother to check, and he was interviewed by the NY Times magazine, but not Rachel who was maligned so much more than him. 

Good point. Rachel has disappeared, although maybe she has been approached and is refusing offers? Who knows. 

Plus, then James chugs a CBD drink and cannonballs off his roof, so maybe they’re not completely matured after all.

This reminded me that James isn't drinking alcohol but is hardly sober. He has said he's smoking weed throughout the day. In AA, they call this "marijuana maintenance" and it's frowned upon by many. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

This reminded me that James isn't drinking alcohol but is hardly sober. He has said he's smoking weed throughout the day. In AA, they call this "marijuana maintenance" and it's frowned upon by many. 

AA can frown upon it but AA doesn't work for everyone and their holier-than-thou attitude likely dissuades many who would benefit from trading alcohol for THC.

James is an aggressively mean drunk. For him, eliminating alcohol and leaning on THC makes him a better friend/partner/DJ.  If California sober helps him continue to refrain from alcohol and be better version of himself for the people around him that's success IMHO. It's no different than relying a prescription mood enhancer/stabilizer like lexapro/zoloft/etc. likely less side effects even.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, snarts said:

AA can frown upon it but AA doesn't work for everyone and their holier-than-thou attitude likely dissuades many who would benefit from trading alcohol for THC.

James is an aggressively mean drunk. For him, eliminating alcohol and leaning on THC makes him a better friend/partner/DJ.  If California sober helps him continue to refrain from alcohol and be better version of himself for the people around him that's success IMHO. It's no different than relying a prescription mood enhancer/stabilizer like lexapro/zoloft/etc. likely less side effects even.

Amen. THC is literally medicine. I don’t care how AA feels about it. (Also no offense to AA - I know it helps so many.) James seems more stable and happy than we’ve ever seen them. Whatever works for you, dude. He is the least annoying he’s ever been - but that might be Ally, heh. 

I can’t bring myself to care about Shorts and Jo or literally anything in Shorts’ life.

Also, did Tom really go somewhere and pay to take a cold bath? Please tell me this is far more special than it sounded…

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Ariana still lives with Tom. She has no business expecting everyone else to completely drop him when her stupid ass still lives with him. That Billie is super annoying. So was Jo. And how does Schwartz say he and Jo have always been friends but had a whirlwind romance ? 
Happy that James is reunited with that adorable dog. If Rachel’s family was heartless enough to dump him, then I don’t really believe anything she says. I mean, she didn’t give a shit about her human friend, I’m sure she didn’t care for her dog either. Itsclear she’s an awful person and an all around pig.

• Like 1
(edited)
On 2/25/2024 at 7:44 AM, Sweet-tea said:

I think her AA program is really helping her too. I recognize it in a lot of the things she says. 

Good point. Rachel has disappeared, although maybe she has been approached and is refusing offers? Who knows. 

Well, Bravo wanted Rachel to participate in the show. As for other offers, I doubt anybody wanted to offer her anything since she was not even on VR, and was a pariah. Her family was complaining that everybody else profited out of Scandoval except for her. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
(edited)
On 2/25/2024 at 8:57 AM, snarts said:

Understand your opinion but mine differs. I’m not sure any medication is the answer. I’ve known plenty of successful people in recovery who are chemical-free. 
Regardless, I’m glad Layla seems to be doing well.   

I hope James can work it out with Graham.  The biting isn’t good. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
(edited)
On 2/24/2024 at 1:06 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

If someone invited me to a pool party, I would bring my own towel.

My mom would get so pissed when people didn’t bring their own towels.

As someone who went thru what Ariana did, fuck Sandoval and Schwartz for trying to gaslight Ariana and her deserved anger. Sandoval is nothing but excuses and a bad actor.  And most friends DO choose sides. My true friends who saw what I went through, they want nothing to do with my ex, they will be civil, but not like it was in the past. Yep, I was triggered! And Tom should be the one to move out, not Ariana. I bet her attorney told her to not move out, not to mention it’s her house and she has every right to live there. It’s stupid Tom won’t agree to sell so they can both move the fuck on. It’s a good lesson to never buy with someone when not married. Even married it sucks, but at least the judge can force both to sell.  I’m assuming a judge can in this situation, but probably takes a while.  My ex fought the sale too.

Why was Jo cutting Schwartz’s hair that way and not with him in a chair.

Edited by IntrovertRed
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 1
59 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That puzzled me, too. She cut Schwartz’s hair while she was above him?

She is a hairdresser, maybe it's her personal style?

9 hours ago, IntrovertRed said:

My mom would get so pissed when people didn’t bring their own towels.

As someone who went thru what Ariana did, fuck Sandoval and Schwartz for trying to gaslight Ariana and her deserved anger. Sandoval is nothing but excuses and a bad actor.  And most friends DO choose sides. My true friends who saw what I went through, they want nothing to do with my ex, they will be civil, but not like it was in the past. Yep, I was triggered! And Tom should be the one to move out, not Ariana. I bet her attorney told her to not move out, not to mention it’s her house and she has every right to live there. It’s stupid Tom won’t agree to sell so they can both move the fuck on. It’s a good lesson to never buy with someone when not married. Even married it sucks, but at least the judge can force both to sell.  I’m assuming a judge can in this situation, but probably takes a while.  My ex fought the sale too.

Why was Jo cutting Schwartz’s hair that way and not with him in a chair.

I feel every word of this. Went through the same thing and my real friends wanted nothing to do with my husband - they would have gone on a trip with him over their own dead bodies. I did have friends like Scheana - I don't have them anymore. They chose, I'm fine. This show is disgusting and I think I'm done with it. 

The Toms are both disgusting. 

• Like 2
(edited)
On 2/28/2024 at 3:08 AM, Gharlane said:

She is? 

Yes. Jo does hair for weddings, and the red carpet. I also don't like the games Schwartz plays or played with her. I wonder if he was even afraid to admit to anything more serious (although he said they had a romance) because Katie really hates her, and Schwartz is afraid of her. Jo asked him in the season trailer if he is embarrassed of her. 

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/vanderpump-rules-season-11-meet-tom-schwartz-pal-jo-wenberg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1