Type keyword(s) to search

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)

• Start Topic

Deadpool & Wolverine | World Tour
Marvel Entertainment   Jul 6, 2024

X-Men star Aaron Stanford sparks up Pyro again after 18 years: 'I was shocked and thrilled' (exclusive)
By Nick Romano  July 5, 2024
https://ew.com/deadpool-and-wolverine-aaron-stanford-pyro-return-18-years-later-exclusive-8673910 

Stanford, however, can actually talk about his return. Fans have known about his comeback since the first Deadpool & Wolverine trailer came out during the Super Bowl, revealing the official first look at his Pyro, the fire-manipulating mutant he played across X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand (2006). "I was shocked and thrilled," Stanford says of getting the call to reprise the role again after 18 years.

(edited)

The NSFW ‘Deadpool and Wolverine’ Interview: Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman and Shawn Levy Go Deep on Making Marvel’s Wildest, Crudest Movie
By Rebecca Rubin   Jul 10, 2024
https://variety.com/2024/film/news/ryan-reynolds-hugh-jackman-interview-deadpool-and-wolverine-1236062532/ 

If the movie business is holding out for a hero, the good news is “Deadpool & Wolverine,” which hits theaters on July 26, is projected to be one of summer’s biggest movies. That’s partly because Reynolds has upped the ante for the third installment, bringing Jackman’s brooding mutant back from retirement and enlisting Levy, the filmmaker behind commercial hits like 2006’s “Night at the Museum” and Netflix’s “Stranger Things,” to navigate the project through a long and winding journey to theaters. Development on the third film began at 20th Century Fox in 2018 but was left in limbo until Disney’s $71.3 billion acquisition of the studio in 2019.   
... The exact plot remains opaque (the three certainties in life are death, taxes and Marvel movies remaining shrouded in secrecy), but the film starts as Wade Wilson (aka Deadpool) quits being a hired gun to become a used-car salesman. As he readjusts to a quieter reality, he’s approached by the Time Variance Authority — an organization that monitors the multiverse — and sent on a mission with Wolverine to save the Merc’s home universe. The result is an odd-couple pairing of the surly alpha male and the silly pansexual vigilante.  
Now that Deadpool and Wolverine joined the MCU, will either of you appear in “Avengers” movies?

REYNOLDS: I don’t know. Yeah, we’ll see. Yeah.   

LEVY: Now is where you go to the descriptive part of the article and say, “They were shuffling in their seats.”

JACKMAN: Clearly, this is our first major interview of this press tour. I’m not sure how to answer.   

LEVY: We’re going to get a far more packed and evasive answer for all future interviews.   

REYNOLDS: “An echoing cough in the distance; a hawk circles.” You can throw that in there if you like.   

Deadpool-and-Wolverine-Variety-Cover-FOR

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

We’ve Seen 35 Minutes of Deadpool & Wolverine… and It’s Going To Reignite the MCU
BY MATT PURSLOW   JUL 11, 2024 
https://www.ign.com/articles/weve-seen-35-minutes-of-deadpool-wolverine-and-its-going-to-reignite-the-mcu 

Deadpool & Wolverine is bigger than just another superhero film. It’s more than just a sequel to Deadpool 2. And it might even be a vital turning point for comic book movie culture as a whole. Sounds hyperbolic, I know, but that’s the impression I’ve been left with after watching the first 35 minutes of Deadpool & Wolverine.

IGN was recently invited to watch the opening act of Deadpool & Wolverine, which was then followed by a new trailer. Those 35 minutes are as funny, crass, and violent as you’d expect of a Deadpool project, but beneath the gags is a weightier sense of purpose. Deadpool & Wolverine actively and directly recognises that there’s an ongoing conversation about the quality of the MCU right now. And while we won’t know for sure until the full cut of the movie releases on July 26, the fourth wall-breaking subtext seems to be a story that recognises there’s a lot of work to be done, and that the journey to reclaiming the MCU’s former glory starts here.
I walked into the screening of Deadpool & Wolverine’s opening act as a jaded former MCU fan who really didn’t care about this ‘gimmick’ project. I left with a smile on my face, a need to watch the entire film, and – for the first time since Endgame – genuine hope for the future of Marvel.

Edited by tv echo

Between that Heinz ad and the Jack in the Box ad I just saw, this movie will probably be very profitable after considering the ad deals / product placement.

• LOL 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, BetterButter said:

Spoiler

LARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 more days can’t pass quickly enough, and I’m determined to avoid spoilers!!!!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm going to drop out after this weekend, I don't want accidental spoilers

Same. I only made an exception for this last trailer, but from here on out

bernie sanders no GIF

It had BETTER be worth it.

• LOL 2
(edited)

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige Discusses ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’
The Nerds of Color   Jul 20, 2024

Deadpool & Wolverine With Ryan, Hugh, & Shawn: Avengers vs. X-Men Next?
Phase Zero    Jul 21, 2024

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I enjoyed lots of individual elements, and laughed a bunch, yet still felt underwhelmed for most of the movie.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

I enjoyed lots of individual elements, and laughed a bunch, yet still felt underwhelmed for most of the movie.

Weird that for all the talk of this being Deadpool in the MCU, the <strong>only</strong> scene set in the actual Marvel Cinematic Universe is the Jon Favreau scene at the very start which was completely pointless and doesn't connect to anything at all in the movie.

I expected it to end with Deadpool and friends being brought into the MCU, post-Secret Wars style, but nope. Everything's back how it was, just with Logan and Laura there too.

Making the movie about Deadpool's love for his friends and wanting to save them would work better if his friends got literally anything to do in the movie. Aside from Peter, they're all basically just in that party scene and get maybe one-two lines each. We never even get a good look at the photo he's carrying around. I assume they spent all their cast budget on the FOX all-stars and couldn't afford to film anything with Karan Soni, Brianna Hildebrand, etc. I completely forgot that Shatterstar even existed.

Also, this movie overdoes all the Peter stuff. I like Rob Delaney, and enjoyed the joke of the character in the last movie, but the "everybody loves Peter" bits in this didn't work for me at all, particularly when he kept showing up at the end.

I did like seeing all the FOX folk again (or for the first time for Gambit). I just watched <em>Elektra</em> for the first time, and her appearance here helps me forgive how awful that movie is.

Emma Corrin has fun as Cassandra Nova, up until the third act where they have nobody else to act against, is just doing CGI shit, and it sucks. I really hated the whole final setpiece, especially after the fun of the many Deadpool fight.

Matthew Macfadyen didn't work for me as a villain either, he just seems like an asshole who's only there to provide exposition and move the plot along without any actual character.

Edited by ApathyMonger
  • Like 3

Just got back from my showing!  What can I say?  Despite some of the recent issues with the franchise, it's just nice seeing a MCU film in the theaters again!  SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Overall, I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I admit that it is definitely a film that relied more on nostalgia and one-liners as opposed to story or any real development of any kind.  To be fair, I guess the ending is showing that this version of Logan is opening up more to friendship and being part of a team compared to where he started, but that isn't really anything new.  As for Wade and Vanessa, I just felt like there was really never any need to have them break up like that, so that he would be motivated to "prove himself" again.  I think the stakes were high enough that they didn't need that.  Speaking of which, definitely wish we got more of Wade's crew.  I get the Deadpool/Wolverine is the main selling point here, but I wish we got more of Dopinder, Negasonic, and Yukio outside of the one to two scenes they had (that they probably filmed quickly since it was all at the same location.)  Peter and Al did get a few more moments at least.

On the flip side, yeah, the Deadpool/Wolverine team-up couldn't have gone any better for me.  It is obvious that Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman love playing off another and were thrilled to do it in character and on camera, after years of bantering on social media, etc.  All of their interactions were cracking me up, but I thought they handled the serious stuff decently as well.  Honestly, Hugh in particular had one or two moments where his acting was just as great as some of his more "serious" work.  Got to give the man credit for not just phoning it in here.  He clearly loves this character and wanted to do it justice, even if the Logan film is still the best send off for him.

Remained unspoiled about the cameos, and they mainly worked with me with how they fit into the story and how outlandish they are.  Won't lie: they completely fooled me with the Chris Evans reveal.  Really though he was just a variation of Steve at first, but then he yells "Flame on!" and I about doubled over.  Johnny Storm, baby!  Should have saw that coming, but I don't care since it made it even better. 

And then there was the resistance fighters, where we got to see Wade and Logan team up with Laura/X-23 as expected, but that was just the tip of that iceberg!  Because also got Jennifer Garner's Elektra, Wesley Snipes returning as Blade, and freaking Channing Tatum as the Gambit that Never Was!  Loved it.  All of them were having a blast, but Tatum was the standout for me.  The gag where you couldn't even understand half of what he was saying due to the over-the-top Cajun accent had me in stitches.  And this is all coming from someone, who never really got onboard with the Tatum craze.  Nothing against him or anything, but I was never blown away by him.  But I'm thinking a lot of its because I mainly see his serious roles/films, but I think he shines more with comedy like this and the 21 Jump Street remakes.

Great seeing Aaron Stanford again as Pyro.  Tyler Maine and Ray Park didn't get much to do as Sabertooth and Toad, but still fun appearances.  Briefly spotted a few more recognizable faces in the background as well.

Emma Corrin was great and Nova started out as an intriguing and even scary villain, but I felt like they dropped the ball at the end and she came off more one-note in the final act.  Same with Mr. Paradox.  Matthew Macfayden was hoot and a half throughout it all (and despite his British accent, I felt like we were seeing what would happen if Tom Wambsgans ever got a managerial role in the TVA), but the characters never seem to fully take off.  Seems like he's being hauled away though, so I guess a return isn't out of the question.

The action sequences were effectively brutal and entertaining: certainly helped by the music choices.  Thought it would be hard to top Deadpool using Wolverine's actual bones to slaughter TVA agents to NSYNC's "Bye, Bye, Bye", but despite knowing it was coming, I think I loved Deadpool/Wolverine vs. a whole bunch of Deadpool variants to the turn of Madonna's "Like a Prayer" the most!

The humor and meta references mainly landed.  A few that didn't or went too long, but I laughed more than I didn't, so that's a win.  The ones that I remember the most right now were Elektra not caring about the Daredevil variant who died (likely suppose to be a Ben Affleck variation), Blade referencing he was the only one and Deadpool's look to the camera (referencing how MCU seems to be struggling with getting the update off the ground), and Wade mentioning Logan was there because he's going though a divorce (referencing Hugh's own real life split.)

Cavilerine!!

Not big revelations in the credits, but I actually kind of loved the montage of all of the 20th Century Fox films: even the ones that didn't work like Elektra and Fan4stic.  Yeah, it wasn't a perfect ride, but the Fox films really did play a huge part in making the superhero boom happen, so I'm glad it got a little moment of recognition.  Plus, remembering how young looking Hugh was back then (even though he still clearly looks great now!)

I'll think on it some more and I will no doubt find more things to nitpick, but I overall came out with a smile on my face, and that's all I needed.  It won't be the film that will take the franchise to new heights (granted, as someone who still thinks a lot of the recent MCU films were still enjoyable, I'm not at the point where I feel like it needs saving.  Some course corrections for sure, but as long as it can clear the likes of Madam Webb and whatnot, I think it will be fine long term), but it was a fun addition to the universe and a good watch! 

• Like 10

That was a fun time! I find a little of Deadpool goes a long way for me, and I think they were able to get the right amount of wackiness. I had a few eye roll moments, starting with the reveal of the Logan statue, in a “of course they’re doing this” way, but I for the most part found the humor a lot less juvenile then the first two. Maybe having the more dour temperament of Wolverine helped. They also played off each other well. One of my biggest laugh moments was their fight in the car, and I’m one who gets bored easily in fights because I am more connected with the drama and character moments with superheroes then action scenes. I even found myself vibing to Bye Bye Bye while it was playing. It was an enjoyable time.

I will also say I loved that this was really a love letter to the history of the Fox Marvel films. It was to the Fox Marvel Universe what No Way Home was to the Sony Spiderverse. Loved all the behind the scenes footage during the credits.

• Like 10
(edited)

Marvel's Deadpool and Wolverine | Comic Con 2024 Panel ( Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman, Chris Evans)
Films That Rock   posted Jul 26, 2024

‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ SDCC 2024: Ryan Reynolds & Hugh Jackman Reveal Biggest Suprises
Jacob FisherBY JACOB FISHERJULY 25, 2024 
https://discussingfilm.net/2024/07/25/deadpool-wolverine-sdcc-2024-ryan-reynolds-hugh-jackman-reveal-biggest-suprises/

Every Cameo in Deadpool & Wolverine
BY ELIANA DOCKTERMAN   JULY 26, 2024
https://time.com/7001886/deadpool-and-wolverine-cameos/

Deadpool & Wolverine's 20 Biggest Spoilers
By Nicolas Ayala    July 25, 2024
https://screenrant.com/deadpool-and-wolverine-spoilers-reveals/

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2
(edited)

Deadpool & Wolverine currently has 80% critics score and 97% audience score at Rotten Tomatoes:
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/deadpool_and_wolverine

Marvel's 'Deadpool & Wolverine' Cast Panel (Spoilers Ahead) | SDCC 2024 | Entertainment Weekly
Entertainment Weekly   Jul 26, 2024

Dafne Keen, Emma Corrin & Wesley Snipes join us live from San Diego Comic-Con 2024 to discuss their roles in 'Deadpool & Wolverine.'

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

So we're all in agreement that Peter is now the anchor of Deadpool's timeline, right?  He got the Deadpool Corps to stop fighting Wade and Logan, which let them save the timeline.  And he was one of the reasons that Wade did all of this, which led to Logan becoming the best Wolverine (per Wade).

This movie was amazing.  And hey, they set up that we might see Garner's Elektra, Snipes's Blade, and Channing's Gambit (about fucking time) again.

This movie will go down as one of the best movies to use songs.  It wasn't just songs for the sake of songs, they used them to enhance the scenes.  And it's freaking Deadpool, of course he'd kill people while rocking out to "Bye, Bye, Bye" and want "Iris" to be playing while he and Logan do their heroic walk at the end.  And of course "Like A Prayer" being used twice was beyond perfection.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
(edited)

First of you, damn you Ryan Reynolds, I did not rewatch Logan just to see you desecrate his grave, no matter how hilarious the “Bye Bye Bye” bit was. For that reason, I enjoyed Wade getting his ass handed to him by all the Wolverines (and Henry Cavill!!!) more than I should have.

That aside, I loved this. Hugh and Ryan were everything! Emma was an amazing Cassandra Nova! The meta jokes! The cameos! Dogpool! 😍😍😍😍

And it took almost 25 years but we finally got Hugh in the yellow suit WITH THE COWL!!!

LMAO that Wade immediately told Fox to fuck themselves when he thought he was finally in the MCU!

Loved seeing Laura with Blade, Elektra (who is totally over Ben Daredevil 😂😂😂) and freaking Gambit!

On 7/25/2024 at 11:15 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Remained unspoiled about the cameos, and they mainly worked with me with how they fit into the story and how outlandish they are.  Won't lie: they completely fooled me with the Chris Evans reveal.  Really though he was just a variation of Steve at first, but then he yells "Flame on!" and I about doubled over.  Johnny Storm, baby!  Should have saw that coming, but I don't care since it made it even better

Part of me thinks it would have been funnier if it was another Steve Rogers, but kept his fate exactly the same. Noooooo, still not bitter about Endgame at all….

And sweet Jesus, the music was on fire! The car fight to “You’re the One That I Want” was perfection. As was the Deadpool battle royale to “Like A Prayer.”

“He usually has his shirt off but he’s kind of let himself go since the divorce.” Spoke too soon, asshole, because we got to se the most awesome revenge body ever in the “Like A Prayer” reprise! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

So Logan and Laura got their happy ending by moving in with Wade. I’m good with that—though Laura still needs to beat Wade’s ass for what he did to the grave. (Whaaaaaaaaat?) 

This was a blast. I don’t care if it milked nostalgia, so did Endgame, at least this movie was honest about it!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jediknight said:

This movie was amazing.  And hey, they set up that we might see Garner's Elektra, Snipes's Blade, and Channing's Gambit (about fucking time) again.

I remember when the Channing's Gambit movie was being developed I was uncertain if he could do the character but, Holy Crap, was I wrong. He was great as Gambit...screw you FOX!

This movie was great and, felt like an Homage/ending to FOX X-Universe. Yes, they took pot shots at FOX but, they also took pot shots (deservedly so) at MCU and Phase 4.

Loved this movie, think I will have to rewatch because I know missed a ton of Easter Eggs. I was actually waiting for Pool to die because I wanted to see Lady Death but, we didn't get that.

I was spoiled for Electra and, they had Laura in the last trailer but, I was shocked to see Snipes as Blade and Channing as Gambit 😍.

The other cameos were great too, loved Cavill as Wolverine and, honestly I've been dying to see him in the MCU (he's perfect for Captain Britain). I had totally forgot the rumor that Chris Evans was playing Johnny Storm. When he first showed up, I recognized the voice and thought we'd get a Cap, Wolverine,  Deadpool team up (The Good, The Bad and The Deadpool was a fun little Deadpool comic mini-series).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Just got out! This was EVERYTHING!!!!!

All  I will say is

CHRIS EVANS!!!!!!

❤️❤️🥰🥰🥰❤️❤️

Thought Steve! But then Johnny!!!!!

That last credit scene had me 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂🤣🤣😂😂😂😂 He looked like he had a BLAST!!!! Was it ad-libbed?

Will have more to say when I get home!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
Spoiler

I thought the movie was good but not great.

What I liked was Logan/Wolverine. Wolverine is my least favorite X-Men character, but he was the heart. Hugh looked great, and the classic Wolverine suit was a chef's kiss. All the different Wolverines were fun; seeing the Hulk in Wolverine's claw reflection was a fist-pumping moment. I liked Johnny Storm, and once I heard Evans's voice, I knew he was Johnny Storm, not Captain America. The cameos were great. I was surprised to see Snipes, considering he and Reynolds did not get along in the past. I knew Electra and X23/Laura would be in the movie, but it was still delightful to see them. The jokes about Garner's divorce and Jackman's divorce made me smirk, but I was shocked a bit by the Jackman marriage joke. The Hunter 15 cameo was also lovely. Emma Corrin did great with the material she got. I also enjoyed the mercenary Deadpools because it was a nod to those who know that Deadpool was more a villain mercenary in the comics than not. I also liked that Deadpool was searching for a purpose and truly loved his friends. I enjoyed no TJ Miller and no Taylor Swift. I am a sucker for happy endings, and glad this one was happy.

Now, onto what I did not like. I wish Corrin had better material. As much as I enjoyed that Tatum was in on the Gambit joke, and his portrayal of Gambit here was purposely for laughs, I am so glad his Gambit movie was never made. Gambit is my favorite X-Men character, and I never thought he was right for the role. This did not change my mind. Paradox/TVA was a letdown for me. With all the Deadpool movies, I have always felt that Reynolds could let a joke run way overdue. In this movie, it was no exception. 

Something I was hoping to see, but it would have been cheesy (admittedly) and there was no reason for it would have been a cameo from McAvoy as Professor X since Dafne Keen played his daughter in His Dark Materials. I admit that would have been too much and diminish the Wolverine story.

I am already over the internet opinion-havers and Youtubers getting mad that some people thought the movie was just ok (I am one) or did not like it. 

Edited by Enigma X
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I wasn't spoiled for any of the cameos not in the trailers. They all surprised me. 

But Chris Evans saying flame on was awesome. He was definitely having fun. 

Was not expecting Wesley Snipes Blade. And seeing Channing finally getting to play Gambit with a "cajun" accent. I love Wade asking if the minions were his dialogue coach. B15 from Loki popping up was also a nice surprise. Was Laura the only one allowed into the MCU? Since there is an Electra and maybe a Blade?

Deadpool's opening credits are always entertaining. Wade dancing to N'Sync while killing tva agents with Wolverine's skeleton is not something I'd ever thought I'd see. 

I love that Marvel Disney has an open mind and let them just have at it in this movie. 

Replacing Hugh is some big shoes to fill. Maybe they should let Laura be the new Wolverine. Pass the title down like they have been doing. Plus Daphne Keen has played the daughter of Hugh Jackman and James Macovoy.  So she should be an X-Men. 

• Like 5

With the exception of Jennifer Garner appearing in the movie, I was actually able to avoid all of the spoilers this time and I'm so happy about that (although, I'd learned about Elektra so long ago that I'd forgotten about it by last night). 

I'm glad that, even though I don't have extensive knowledge of the X-Men movies, I was still entertained.  I did, however, think that every Deadpool should have had their own Dopinder, not Peter.  With him needed to save them, they could have drawn on his quest to be part of the team in part 2 to make a funny remark. Something that boils down to "I told you so" (superpower: courage--his delivery on that one word will always make me laugh). 

Even though Deadpool 2 had more of a story and even though they didn't utilize his friends enough, I like this one more.  

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Enigma X said:
  Hide contents

I thought the movie was good but not great.

What I liked was Logan/Wolverine. Wolverine is my least favorite X-Men character, but he was the heart. Hugh looked great, and the classic Wolverine suit was a chef's kiss. All the different Wolverines were fun; seeing the Hulk in Wolverine's claw reflection was a fist-pumping moment. I liked Johnny Storm, and once I heard Evans's voice, I knew he was Johnny Storm, not Captain America. The cameos were great. I was surprised to see Snipes, considering he and Reynolds did not get along in the past. I knew Electra and X23/Laura would be in the movie, but it was still delightful to see them. The jokes about Garner's divorce and Jackman's divorce made me smirk, but I was shocked a bit by the Jackman marriage joke. The Hunter 15 cameo was also lovely. Emma Corrin did great with the material she got. I also enjoyed the mercenary Deadpools because it was a nod to those who know that Deadpool was more a villain mercenary in the comics than not. I also liked that Deadpool was searching for a purpose and truly loved his friends. I enjoyed no TJ Miller and no Taylor Swift. I am a sucker for happy endings, and glad this one was happy.

Now, onto what I did not like. I wish Corrin had better material. As much as I enjoyed that Tatum was in on the Gambit joke, and his portrayal of Gambit here was purposely for laughs, I am so glad his Gambit movie was never made. Gambit is my favorite X-Men character, and I never thought he was right for the role. This did not change my mind. Paradox/TVA was a letdown for me. With all the Deadpool movies, I have always felt that Reynolds could let a joke run way overdue. In this movie, it was no exception. 

Something I was hoping to see, but it would have been cheesy (admittedly) and there was no reason for it would have been a cameo from McAvoy as Professor X since Dafne Keen played his daughter in His Dark Materials. I admit that would have been too much and diminish the Wolverine story.

I am already over the internet opinion-havers and Youtubers getting mad that some people thought the movie was just ok (I am one) or did not like it. 

I guess I should have read the room before placing this in spoiler tags. Now, I do not know how to remove them. Oh well.

On 2/13/2016 at 11:54 AM, AimingforYoko said:

And we have not yet reached superhero fatigue.

On 2/14/2016 at 2:11 PM, AimingforYoko said:

This also means Marvel/Disney is never getting the X-Men.

Just digging up these old quotes from the first Deadpool to note after Deadpool & Wolverine's $205m opening weekend, we still haven't reached superhero fatigue. And I guess Disney found a way around that pesky rights problem: Buy the studio. 

That was so much fun! I managed to go in unspoiled and had such a blast I think I'll end up going to go back for a 2nd viewing. 

I can't believe I've just seen Wesley Snipes, Blade on screen again. Not just because the Mahershala Ali version's been stuck in development hell for years but also the off screen history between Reynolds and Snipes. 

Seeing Hugh Jackman digitally shrunk down to 5'2" really tickled me as did Wolverine vs Hulk and The Cavillrine! 😁

Overall, I'm a happy fan today.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BookEater said:

can't believe I've just seen Wesley Snipes, Blade on screen again. Not just because the Mahershala Ali version's been stuck in development hell for years but also the off screen history between Reynolds and Snipes. 

I was so excited to see Snipes/Blade, I totally forgot about Blade Trinity and the Reynolds/Snipes ( or really Snipes/cast&crew) history 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

So there must already be a Logan on Earth-10005 since it was his death that was originally undoing the timeline.  So at the moment then there are two Logans in that timeline, yeah?   The one who eventually dies in “Logan” and the one Wade brought over.  And that Earth has a grim future for mutants as I recall from “Logan”.

And Paradox was offering Wade a place on the Sacred Timeline (Earth-616) but there’s already a Wade there too, so not exactly sure what he was offering.  Maybe taking his place?

‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ Obliterates R-Rated Record With $205 Million Opening Weekend, Eighth-Biggest in Box Office History
By Rebecca Rubin   July 28, 2024
https://variety.com/2024/film/box-office/box-office-deadpool-wolverine-opening-weekend-record-1236088298/

‘Deadpool & Wolverine’: All The Box Office Records Broken
By Anthony D'Alessandro   July 28, 2024
https://deadline.com/2024/07/deadpool-wolverine-box-office-records-1236025175/ 

So, now that I have time and am in front of an actual computer again ( I really wish the mobile version would allow us to remove spoiler tags, but even on the desktop, it's a nightmare), here are more thoughts:

I loved the bit with Jackman and Reynolds, where Logan is throwing all the F-bombs to the audience to "fucking turn off their fucking cell phones during the fucking movie" Okay, some of that is paraphrased, but it was hilarious.

Hell. I have no more thoughts. It was a rip-roaring FANTASTIC and belly-laughing journey!

I will admit, when I saw Jennifer Garner's slo-mo entrance, I thought she was Psylocke for a moment. Yeah, I'd forgotten she was Elektra. But, like I said, I stayed away from ALL spoilers, hype, interviews, articles. And it made watching this so much more enjoyable!

My brother and I, and the rest of the audience, laughed so hard when we saw the first "shrunk down" Jackman as the original/comics 5'2" Logan!

And no lie-clapping abounded from all and a gasp from me when Chris Evans was revealed. And he was Johnny! Though I thought maybe he was Steve ripped from his "HEA" with Peggy and dumped in the Vortex as punishment. But I was so thrilled to see Chris again on my screen.

Ugh. So glad that Tatum's Gambit never got made-and loved Wade's "who IS your dialogue coach?!" But I was expecting Gambit to say: "The name is Gambit...Remember it!" But no luck!

I was unaware of any of the issues with Snipes and Reynolds, so also grinned when I saw Blade follow Elektra in.

And DogPool! Loved how all of the deadpools paused in their butchery, as Logan walked passed them holding the cute mutt, with hanging tongue!

And the use of the original movie flashbacks to use for this Logan's history. Genius.

And while I cringed at the desecration and use of Logan's bones in the beginning, N'Sync's "Bye!Bye!Bye!" was a great song to do this with, but dammit, that song is still stuck in my head! Ryan had Justin and JC's moves down pat!

I am SO getting the soundtrack! The fight in the car along with Grease's "You're the One That I want" had us all rolling.

And original Pyro from X-Men II! And Sabretooth and Toad from the first movie!

If I have one criticism, it's Cassandra. Too 'stachy twirly, and I was worried that we were going to get stuck with someone who was never going to lose. So glad I was wrong about that.

I won't lie. With so much of the TVA showing up, I thought we'd get a Loki cameo too! Hey, they switched out Hiddleston for Reynolds in that "death" scene!

And then drawing the yellow cowl over his face! That iconic pose! And it goes without saying, I we did get our Jackman shirtless scene and it was yummilicious!

This movie was EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING I tells ya! For me.

And I stated it upthread, but that last post-credit end scene with Johnny/Chris Evans was HILARIOUS. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And no lie-clapping abounded from all and a gasp from me when Chris Evans was revealed. And he was Johnny! Though I thought maybe he was Steve ripped from his "HEA" with Peggy and dumped in the Vortex as punishment

I truly wish from the bottom of the heart that Ryan had the stones to do that. Wouldn’t shock me if that was what he originally wanted to do, but I’m sure Feige would never allow it—he’s fine with desecrating poor Logan’s grave, but God forbid anyone call out Steve. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄Well, least they called out how the MCU multiverse for being one big fail after another.

One part that made me really laugh was how Wade accused the TVA guy of wanting him sexually in the new suit. “Your eyes say “fucky-fucky!’” 💀💀💀

42 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And it goes without saying, I we did get our Jackman shirtless scene and it was yummilicious!

All the TVA people were eating the eye candy…except for Hunter B-15, who only had eyes for Peter. 😂😂😂🥹🥹🥹

I wish we got a Loki cameo too. Or at least Mobius!

2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I truly wish from the bottom of the heart that Ryan had the stones to do that. Wouldn’t shock me if that was what he originally wanted to do, but I’m sure Feige would never allow it—he’s fine with desecrating poor Logan’s grave, but God forbid anyone call out Steve. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄Well, least they called out how the MCU multiverse for being one big fail after another.

Why?  This was clearly a coda for the non-MCU Marvel movies of the past 20 years with some MCU cameos and jokes tossed in. 

This is also why anyone who thinks this proves the MCU is back on top is making a big extrapolation.  This was primarily a Fox movie anchored by Fox characters that was folded into the MCU banner.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, baldryanr said:

Why?  This was clearly a coda for the non-MCU Marvel movies of the past 20 years with some MCU cameos and jokes tossed in. 

This is also why anyone who thinks this proves the MCU is back on top is making a big extrapolation.  This was primarily a Fox movie anchored by Fox characters that was folded into the MCU banner.

Oh, I know it was a coda for Fox and this Johnny Storm would’ve worked better. I just still think it would have been funnier.

1 hour ago, baldryanr said:

I doubt one movie means they're back on top, nor does it mean they're continuing the downward slump of Phase 4, the 2025 and beyond stuff will give a better clue.

That being said, I agree this was an ending, closure to the FOX Comics Franchise. Of course Chris Evans was always planned to be Johnny Storm in this movie. The movie told us repeatedly that this was an ending to FOX.

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That being said, I agree this was an ending, closure to the FOX Comics Franchise

What further proof than the logo half hidden under the beach sand a la original Planet of the Apes with the Statue of Liberty?

That had me snickering.

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What further proof than the logo half hidden under the beach sand a la original Planet of the Apes with the Statue of Liberty?

That had me snickering.

That was very funny bit, sadly spoiled in the trailers

Just saw this and absolutely enjoyed it! I will admit I went in pretty unspoiled, so I had no idea about the cameos or even the storyline. Loved loved loved seeing X-23, Electra and Blade and also one of my favorite X-Men characters, gambit. I didn’t realize that was Channing Tatum to be honest with you. The Cajun accent was a hoot and he was a standout. I almost expected Rogue to come through. 
The Captain America fake out was pretty cool too,  I had forgotten. He played Johnny Storm way back when.

Deadpool and wolverine played very well  off each other. 

• Like 5
17 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And while I cringed at the desecration and use of Logan's bones in the beginning, N'Sync's "Bye!Bye!Bye!" was a great song to do this with, but dammit, that song is still stuck in my head! Ryan had Justin and JC's moves down pat!

It wasn’t Ryan