Type keyword(s) to search

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yep, just said that in the MCU thread, was that expected/spoiled?   I was surprised they went in that direction.

Not really, if you think about what they were building towards. (I mean, they probably still are, albeit with a new actor.)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Raja said:

I hope that I don't need to finish Loki to make sense of the movie.

Loki is really good! S1 less so with the Jonathan Majors stuff tainting his appearance. S2 is a drag in the middle but ends really strong.

I strongly suspect you won't need to watch Loki to understand Deadpool 3. He breaks the fourth wall and also Marvel has been pretty good about slipping in enough exposition in the movies to cover the basics of what went on in the previouslies, without doing actual previouslies. Or rather, lately Marvel has outsourced the previouslies to the "Marvel Legends" clips they put on Disney Plus and Youtube. Five minute clips that run down all the things that will probably be touched on in the upcoming show or movie. So worst case, watch the Marvel Legends they put out just before this movie premieres.

That said, I'm kind of in the same boat as I haven't watched Deadpool 1 or 2, so maybe I'll need to watch some Marvel Legends to catch up.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I said it somewhere else, but I can't remember: FINALLY! We get Jackman's Logan in Yellow Spandex!!!!!!!🤣

I don’t know whether to be impressed or pissed that we didn’t really get to see Logan in the trailer. You should save the good stuff for the theaters, but come on, we’ve waiting so long to see him again! We deserve a bigger taste than that!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I don’t know whether to be impressed or pissed that we didn’t really get to see Logan in the trailer. You should save the good stuff for the theaters, but come on, we’ve waiting so long to see him again! We deserve a bigger taste than that!

I'm okay with not seeing too much. It will be all the more delicious when I see it at the theatre! Trailers tend to release all the good stuff anyway.

The "snick" of his claws was good enough, along with his shadow.

• Like 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

It's only the Teaser. I have no doubt the next few will have more Wolverine and then we'll be complaining they should have held something back.

One thing I just realized, total Green Ban Trailer.  I thought Deadpool was still a R?

Also, no Domino or Cable in the birthday celebration which is sad. 

ETA: I just watched it again. Was that Pyro from X2/X3? Is Deadpool from 1 First Class Universe? Logan/Pyro from X-Men universe and TVA from MCU?

Edited by Morrigan2575
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

It's only the Teaser. I have no doubt the next few will have more Wolverine and then we'll be complaining they should have held something back.

One thing I just realized, total Green Ban Trailer.  I thought Deadpool was still a R?

They advertised the trailer during the Super Bowl. I would bet that the NFL has restrictions 

2 hours ago, Raja said:

They advertised the trailer during the Super Bowl. I would bet that the NFL has restrictions 

If nothing else, a SB ad costs $7 Million for 30 seconds- so if they had run the full trailer it would have cost $35.  Why pay that much, when everyone is just going to watch it online anyway?

I think this did a good job of setting the table- we got a little bit of plot info to establish what’s happening, and they gave us enough Easter eggs to suggest that there’s a lot more on the way.

(edited)

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE International Poster Appears To Be Teasing Taylor Swift's Rumored Role In Movie
By Josh Wilding   Feb 18, 2024
https://comicbookmovie.com/deadpool/deadpool-wolverine/deadpool-wolverine-international-poster-appears-to-be-teasing-taylor-swifts-rumored-role-in-movie-a209441#gs.4nhk5v 

A new poster for Deadpool & Wolverine has been released by the official Australian/New Zealand Marvel social accounts and it's left many fans convinced that they're teasing Grammy-winner Taylor Swift's long-rumoured role in the threequel. 
In this poster, we see friendship bracelets which are a big part of the singer's fandom and, with the Eras Tour now in Australia, this choice of imagery is surely no coincidence.

Edited by tv echo
  • Sad 1
(edited)

Cable Actor Josh Brolin Breaks Silence on Whether He's Returning for Deadpool & Wolverine
BY ADELE ANKERS-RANGE   UPDATED: FEB 19, 2024 
https://www.ign.com/articles/deadpool-and-wolverine-cable-return-josh-brolin-breaks-silence 

During a recent interview, Collider asked Brolin outright whether he appears in Deadpool & Wolverine and, if not, why, to which he responded: "No. I don't know." He jokingly suggested: "Because Ryan [Reynolds] doesn't like me? I don't know." He took a moment to pause, looked directly at the camera and declared: "Maybe."

Spoiler

Aaron Stanford, who played Pyro in the original X-Men franchise, is reprising his role in the new film. Jennifer Garner is also returning to her roots as Elektra, a character she last played 19 years ago in the self-titled 2005 movie, while leaked set photos from Deadpool & Wolverine seemingly confirmed another major return.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

‘Deadpool & Wolverine’: Wade Wilson Tries To Adjust To Normal Life In Nine Minutes Shown At CinemaCon
By Nancy Tartaglione, Anthony D'Alessandro   April 11, 2024
https://deadline.com/2024/04/deadpool-wolverine-wade-wilson-tries-to-adjust-to-normal-life-in-nine-minutes-shown-at-cinemacon-1235882314/ 

Deadpool & Wolverine director Shawn Levy wanted to show spoiler-free footage at CinemaCon on Thursday, and perhaps it is, but, boy was it hysterical. In the nine minutes shown of the Marvel tentpole, Ryan Reynolds is adjusting to normal life, content to aim for the middle, because you never miss.

He sasses his way around his birthday party where his tells his blind friend Al (Leslie Uggams) she can’t say cocaine (“Do you want to build a snowman?” she asks and jokes in code). Morena Baccarin’s Valerie is seeing another guy, so we’re told. A black-clad SWAT team arrives at Wade’s apartment where he’s taken to Matthew Macfadyen’s Mr. Paradox, who wants to bring Deadpool back to work or as our hero refers to himself as “Marvel Jesus.”. In another sequence, Deadpool insults Hugh Jackman‘s Wolverine for leaving his house dressed like an L.A. Rams fan, which ticks off the hand-fanged hero.
Disney‘s CinemaCon session kicked off today with a hysterical “Turn Your Cellphones Off” PSA from Deadpool and Wolverine. Walking down a hallway, Deadpool says, “Secret Wars was finally going to introduce…” before he’s interrupted by a cell phone ringing. Wolverine turns to the screen and threatens to shove the phone up our a*sses. “Easy now! So much testosterone!” says Deadpool, trying to calm him down. One thing is clear, Deadpool and Wolverine call to mind the riotous banter between Charles Grodin and Robert De Niro in Midnight Run.
Disney starts overseas rollout on Deadpool & Wolverine on July 24 and releases July 26 domestically.

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Here it is.

LET’S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO!

Woah, is that Azazel and Lady Deathstrike standing in front of the giant Ant-Man head at 1:51? 

Let's fucking go!

• Like 1
(edited)

I saw Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warefare and the Redband Deadpool trailer was the same one the released a few weeks ago. I was so disappointed 😞 

And now I'm in, just please,  please be better than DP2.  I still laugh at the overturned 20th Century FOX

Edited: Smile...Wait for the Flash 🤣

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

This is just....*chef's kiss*:

For anyone who is missing the reference here, Rob Liefeld, co-creator of Deadpool, is not known for his skill in drawing feet in particular. There is a joke about this in Deadpool 2 as well, when DP is dissing Domino's luck powers. "Luck? What coked-out, glass pipe-sucking freakshow comic book artist came up with that little chestnut? Probably a guy who can't draw feet!"

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, BookEater said:

Woah, is that Azazel and Lady Deathstrike standing in front of the giant Ant-Man head at 1:51? 

Let's fucking go!

Damn, good eyes! That is Lady Deathstrike and Azazel