Type keyword(s) to search

Where Is Wendy Williams? - General Discussion

• Start Topic

If Wendy’s son, nephew and brother were so concerned about her health, you would think they could have made it a dry dinner.  But no they ordered wine and drinks.  

• Useful 1

Like Wendy’s sister, I do question where the court and guardian were when Wendy was under guardianship but she had hangers on and was struggling. But it seems things got much better once she was put in the medical facility for treatment. At the same time, perhaps the guardianship process shouldn’t be shutting the family out so much, but of course we don’t know what the court and guardian were seeing

• Like 4

I’m on ep3.  Shawn, Shawn, Shawn…I don’t get how she flew her to LA, how she let her roam around town dressed crazy, how she is in complete spin mode about the drinking and mental health.  Is Shawn delusional?  Now I’m questioning where the guardian is.  Who even set up this meeting?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)

>>If Wendy’s son, nephew and >>brother were so concerned about >>her health, you would think they >>could have made it a dry dinner.  >>But no they ordered wine and >>drinks.  

It seemed to me that the nephew and son saw that someone ordered them and tried to grab them away from the waiter before he delivered them to Wendy at the other end of the table. You can hear them quietly say, “woah woah woah who’s that for?  I’ll take take it.”  Then when Wendy said that she wanted one the nephew asked the waiter to bring her coca-cola. I didn’t notice if her brother had wine or how he reacted so I can’t comment on him. 

Edited by abc123
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

And the way she spoke to the woman who was doing her nails was unacceptable. Everything W does is unacceptable but she gets away with it. 

I am not a medical professional, so I am not sure. But, based on some stuff I read: I think that is symptomatic of her dementia. The fits of crying, the rudeness, the bluntness, the inappropriate behavior, the abrupt changes in mood--- I think these are all part of her illness. It is doubly sad because it makes it harder for those around her to be willing to care for her.

Of course, for all I know, maybe she was like that before she got sick.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I am not a medical professional, so I am not sure. But, based on some stuff I read: I think that is symptomatic of her dementia. The fits of crying, the rudeness, the bluntness, the inappropriate behavior, the abrupt changes in mood--- I think these are all part of her illness. It is doubly sad because it makes it harder for those around her to be willing to care for her.

I agree with you, but even if she was a little like that before she got sick she is likely 10 times worse now because of her illness and alcohol abuse.  And it feels very OTT and "off".  It's like seeing a grotesque caricature of the woman she once was.

I haven't watched episode 3 yet but I am side eying just about everyone in this now.  Things aren't adding up.  This woman is mentally and physically ill and for them to parade her around on camera like in such a humiliating fashion when it's obvious that they're doing it for their own profit is unconscionable even if they rationalize it by claiming that this is what Wendy wants.  She may want the cameras on her but she is not able to understand the implications of letting this air.  What would people have said if I paraded my father around at 90 in his worst moments of cognitive decline, all for personal profit, even if he wanted me to do it?  

6 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I’m on ep3.  Shawn, Shawn, Shawn…I don’t get how she flew her to LA, how she let her roam around town dressed crazy, how she is in complete spin mode about the drinking and mental health.  Is Shawn delusional?  Now I’m questioning where the guardian is.  Who even set up this meeting?

Shawn is talking and acting like nothing is wrong with Wendy.  How could she possibly lie and enable her so obviously like that?  Like the world isn't going to see that and know better?  How much money makes it worth destroying your credibility with the world?  And that's not even mentioning what she is doing to Wendy that Wendy is unable to understand in her present mental state.

AFAIK, guardians are set up to manage the money.  I'm not sure they manage or are in control of anything else.

And I don't completely believe Wendy that she is without any access to her money.  Her necessary bills are paid by the guardian and she is probably given an allowance for spending but it's not enough to finance some of the excessive/unnecessary things she probably wants to throw her money away on and she's bitching about that.   And if anyone else had their hand in her money they were cut off too, even if she was OK with them doing it.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 5
32 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I agree with you, but even if she was a little like that before she got sick she is likely 10 times worse now because of her illness and alcohol abuse.  And it feels very OTT and "off".  It's like seeing a grotesque caricature of the woman she once was.

I haven't watched episode 3 yet but I am side eying just about everyone in this now.  Things aren't adding up.  This woman is mentally and physically ill and for them to parade her around on camera like in such a humiliating fashion when it's obvious that they're doing it for their own profit is unconscionable even if they rationalize it by claiming that this is what Wendy wants.  She may want the cameras on her but she is not able to understand the implications of letting this air.  What would people have said if I paraded my father around at 90 in his worst moments of cognitive decline, all for personal profit, even if he wanted me to do it?  

Shawn is talking and acting like nothing is wrong with Wendy.  How could she possibly lie and enable her so obviously like that?  Like the world isn't going to see that and know better?  How much money makes it worth destroying your credibility with the world?  And that's not even mentioning what she is doing to Wendy that Wendy is unable to understand in her present mental state.

AFAIK, guardians are set up to manage the money.  I'm not sure they manage or are in control of anything else.

And I don't completely believe Wendy that she is without any access to her money.  Her necessary bills are paid by the guardian and she is probably given an allowance for spending but it's not enough to finance some of the excessive/unnecessary things she probably wants to throw her money away on and she's bitching about that.   And if anyone else had their hand in her money they were cut off too, even if she was OK with them doing it.

In terms of why they would want people to see Wendy like that, it appears the documentary started out documenting Wendy’s return to media with a podcast and with Wendy’s cooperation but then at some point the producers realized issues were popping up and that something was really wrong with Wendy. Of course why they decided to continue filming after that is the mystery

• Like 4
(edited)

Shawn seemed to be the most openly using her .. I’m gonna take you to LA for a meeting .. I’m NOT trying to take over but I am doing managerial “duties” girl no you arnt .. do you wanna go to the Oscars? 

And who the Hell is her guardian? Where the fuck was this person the entire time? 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 8

Yeah, Shawn was definitely doing Wendy no favors.  

I couldn't help but think of Michael Jackson when I looked at Wendy. It really is a shame. However, I think the booze plays a large part in her downfall. 

It is also stunning what a part Covid has played in isolation and depression in people. It sounded like that,the cancellation and death of her mother all came together to push her over the edge and drink even more.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

And who the Hell is her guardian? Where the fuck was this person the entire time? 

Like I said above, it's my understanding that she has a financial guardian, not a personal guardian.  So that person is only in control of her finances, not everything she does.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Like I said above, it's my understanding that she has a financial guardian, not a personal guardian.  So that person is only in control of her finances, not everything she does.

but it seems like there IS a person responsible for her safekeeping and well being... this person IS responsible for here whereabouts, she wasn't allowed to leave the state of NY without that persons knowledge so it isnt just financial that they are keeping tabs on ...he made it seem like that person has to know where she is and she has to get permission from them to go out of state ... the manager seems to be the middle man here between what she wants and the conservator (he says he HAS to tell that person that she is IN fact IN LA)  ... so where the hell is this person?

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 4
44 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

but it seems like there IS a person responsible for her safekeeping and well being... this person IS responsible for here whereabouts, she wasn't allowed to leave the state of NY without that persons knowledge so it isnt just financial that they are keeping tabs on ...he made it seem like that person has to know where she is and she has to get permission from them to go out of state ... the manager seems to be the middle man here between what she wants and the conservator (he says he HAS to tell that person that she is IN fact IN LA)  ... so where the hell is this person?

Whoever they are they're not allowed to feature them on this show or they don't want to be.  Perhaps the judge gave them certain powers extending beyond the financial.  I can't for the life of me figure out how she was given the green light on filming and airing this series, though, if anyone had the ability to nix that.  I guess money talks.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

What you read is all true. This behavior is all part of her dementia. Throw in the alcohol and substance abuse and it gets worse. There was one scene in part two where she didn’t seem to know who Will was. And then later they filmed her apologizing to him saying ‘I didn’t know it was you’ . 
I think she had diva behavior before like a lot of celebrities but I don’t know if she was that cantankerous toward her staff or other people. 

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Whoever they are they're not allowed to feature them on this show or they don't want to be.  Perhaps the judge gave them certain powers extending beyond the financial.  I can't for the life of me figure out how she was given the green light on filming and airing this series, though, if anyone had the ability to nix that.  I guess money talks.

That poor Manager tho ... he is stuck between a rock and a hard place (what she wants and what the conservator wants)

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

What you read is all true. This behavior is all part of her dementia. Throw in the alcohol and substance abuse and it gets worse. There was one scene in part two where she didn’t seem to know who Will was. And then later they filmed her apologizing to him saying ‘I didn’t know it was you’ . 
I think she had diva behavior before like a lot of celebrities but I don’t know if she was that cantankerous toward her staff or other people. 

She also called her brother by her son's name in the restaurant scene

I look side-eye at Wanda and the others saying the family gets along though Wanda and her daughter seemed to also imply they weren't all in agreement and maybe some didn't behave as well as they should

At least New York law requires the court to check on the conservatorship once a year. Wanda certainly didn't seem happy with it and even that author on conservatorships seemed to imply they don't work very well but wouldn't explicitly say that. Whatever happened early on with the conservatorship, it seems something changed and Wendy was sent to a months-long treatment center where she seemed to get better or at least got healthier

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

It's like Grey Gardens, we knew it was high lighting fragile mental stability but we wanted to watch.  

Hopefully she gets sober and stays that way, (her health issues will need all her energy), and she fires Will and her assistant and let's her family and friends back in.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Couldn’t finish this one, felt wrong.  I never watched Wendy’s show, but if she was the ‘female Howard Stern’ then that means she basically made her nut by being vile to people at their lowest points in life. But I’d never wish addiction, dementia or a cheating husband on anyone. And I probably wouldn’t have liked her or had any respect for her act, but that doesn’t mean I can keep watching her decline while her employees exploit her. The one taking her bottles away? Seemed to be doing and saying what he knew he should because cameras were on him.  That guy and the girl denying Wendy’s obvious health issues should be brought up on charges.  But it seems like there’s some shadiness with her family, too. So, she didn’t have anyone she can completely trust.   

God bless the family and caregivers of anyone suffering from dementia. I can’t imagine the endless emotional rollercoaster ride that must be.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

This was like the first half of a bad Intervention episode.
Still can’t believe that anyone thought that she could go back to work. On a podcast of all things?! On an audio-only media?! Even if the manage and publicist were gold diggers they were most of all delusional. She doesn’t need a manager, assistant, publicist. Fire them all. She needs to be put in full guardianship (if it’s not already the case), rehab and memory care. 
Unfortunately, all she can get is sober. There’s no getting better. Hoping that she is permanently in a facility that can provide care for dementia AND substance abuse. Any money she still has should be put into her care. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

The family members keep complaining that no one was really helping Wendy when she was living in New York after she lived with Kevin in Florida, but why didn't family members go up to New York and live with her or in the area to take care of her? The niece was able to at least visit her. It seems they kept expecting Wendy to come back down to them in Florida

• Like 2
(edited)

I am somewhat ashamed to admit I watched this as it only encourages more shows like it to be filmed. I remember Dr Phil getting a lot of flack for a show he did with Shelly Duvall.  I guess the question is: did this show serve any good purpose for either Wendy or the viewers? In all honesty I don't see that it did any good. I heard it had a large viewership I watched it but can't say that I enjoyed it. 

Edited by MsMalin
B
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It's like Grey Gardens, we knew it was high lighting fragile mental stability but we wanted to watch.  

Hopefully she gets sober and stays that way, (her health issues will need all her energy), and she fires Will and her assistant and let's her family and friends back in.  

It’s not them keeping her family out it’s the bank and the courts appointed guardian 

• Like 1
(edited)

Interview with the doc producers

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/where-is-wendy-williams-documentary-dementia-diagnosis-producers-interview-1235836418/

Interesting that even the producers were confused as to why it seemed like no one was taking care of Wendy at times when she was under the guardianship while living in New York. There did seem to be a hole in the guardianship during that time

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 2

Anyone who has dealt with someone with dementia would have seen the signs in Wendy in the first ten minutes of this show. Both of my parents (and a bunch of aunts and uncles- yeah, great gene pool) had Alzheimer’s and at times turned into horrible, hateful people. 
I feel extremely sorry for Wendy. Not only is she dealing with dementia, she is dealing with Grave’s disease (those eyes are disturbing) and lymphedema. I wouldn’t wish any one of those diseases on my worst enemy. 

As for her “staff”, don’t exploit her. HELP her!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

Anyone who has dealt with someone with dementia would have seen the signs in Wendy in the first ten minutes of this show. Both of my parents (and a bunch of aunts and uncles- yeah, great gene pool) had Alzheimer’s and at times turned into horrible, hateful people. 
I feel extremely sorry for Wendy. Not only is she dealing with dementia, she is dealing with Grave’s disease (those eyes are disturbing) and lymphedema. I wouldn’t wish any one of those diseases on my worst enemy. 

As for her “staff”, don’t exploit her. HELP her!

As I previously said, my dad had dementia and he lived for 6 more years after his diagnosis. But there was a 5 year period before his diagnosis where many times he would lose his temper or his patience pretty easily. At the time, I noticed it but figured it was just because he was getting older (he was in his late 70s and early 80s at the time), though I didn’t express it to anyone else. I talked about it with my brother at some point after the diagnosis and he had noticed the same thing and had decided it was an age thing as well. So many of Wendy’s explosions of temper would probably be explained away as emotional upset from the divorce, drinking, losing her show and her physical ailments before any dementia was suspected (until it became obvious)

With Will’s sketchiness, it wouldn’t surprise me if he lied to or kept things from the guardian. There’s no discernible reason that Will couldn’t have hired some care people to take care of Wendy in New York

• Like 1
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, DanaK said:

With Will’s sketchiness, it wouldn’t surprise me if he lied to or kept things from the guardian. There’s no discernible reason that Will couldn’t have hired some care people to take care of Wendy in New York

Yeah, I side eyed Will a lot. He knew there was no food in the frig, why didn’t he get her any if he cared as much as he was making people believe. And where did that big stack of money come from? And how did he afford all the designer duds? Or were those fake? Maybe? I’m assuming the booze was being ordered by Wendy  and delivered to Wendy’s apartment. Yes, she should have had home care professionals. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I am somewhat ashamed to admit I watched this as it only encourages more shows like it to be filmed. I remember Dr Phil getting a lot of flack for a show he did with Shelly Duvall.  I guess the question is: did this show serve any good purpose for either Wendy or the viewers? In all honesty I don't see that it did any good. I heard it had a large viewership I watched it but can't say that I enjoyed it. 

Based on what the producers said in a previously posted interview, the family wanted it shown to highlight, at least in part, problems with the guardianship system and now you have many viewers questioning the system, at least how it’s done in New York

• Like 3

I just read the article and it was enlightening. I guess they had no idea that she was spiraling downward and then were actually scared to stop filming as they thought it would be detrimental to her well being. According to the article things were much worse than what we saw starting on day one.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

I just read the article and it was enlightening. I guess they had no idea that she was spiraling downward and then were actually scared to stop filming as they thought it would be detrimental to her well being. According to the article things were much worse than what we saw starting on day one.

You are referring to the interview with the producers posted earlier?

(edited)
14 hours ago, DanaK said:

I think will is getting unfair hate and shit thrown at him ....and he is seems to be trying his best

IF he isn't her court appointed  care taker he cant do anything that's why i said he seems to be the middle man in this ....The only reason he seems able to do anything is because he is her Manager .. he has no control over anything else.. he answers to the court appointed person ... that person hires fires and allows access to Wendy not him..he is acting like his hands are tied because they are

Hiring care for her HOW would he pay them? he doesn't have access to her money.. she has no access to excess money other then what the court appointed care taker allows for bills ...EVERYTHING goes through this person that seems to want to remain invisible .. they have the full control over her whereabouts and money and hiring care for her .. he is a glorified babysitter at this point...

And if he quits then all her access to the outside world basically evaporates with him because he right now is HER link to the public and her family cause the court appointed person isn't in contact with the family at all... and without him NO ONE would know if she is alright which is super scary its self

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
44 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think will is getting unfair hate and shit thrown at him ....and he is seems to be trying his best

IF he isn't her court appointed  care taker he cant do anything that's why i said he seems to be the middle man in this ....The only reason he seems able to do anything is because he is her Manager .. he has no control over anything else.. he answers to the court appointed person ... that person hires fires and allows access to Wendy not him..he is acting like his hands are tied because they are

Hiring care for her HOW would he pay them? he doesn't have access to her money.. she has no access to excess money other then what the court appointed care taker allows for bills ...EVERYTHING goes through this person that seems to want to remain invisible .. they have the full control over her whereabouts and money and hiring care for her .. he is a glorified babysitter at this point...

And if he quits then all her access to the outside world basically evaporates with him because he right now is HER link to the public and her family cause the court appointed person isn't in contact with the family at all... and without him NO ONE would know if she is alright which is super scary its self

Without knowing all the details, Will still seems shady to me, including the attempts to get her work when it was clear she was having trouble. Will was the only one it seems who could talk to the guardian and he was passing info back to the producers as the guardian refused to talk to them, so I do wonder if he was fully telling the truth to either side. Why Wendy was being so poorly taken care of in New York even with a guardian assigned seems to be an open question at this point. The producers indicated they were scared Wendy would be left on her own if they left so something clearly had fallen through the cracks at that point in terms of Wendy's care

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
27 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Without knowing all the details, Will still seems shady to me, including the attempts to get her work when it was clear she was having trouble. Will was the only one it seems who could talk to the guardian and he was passing info back to the producers as the guardian refused to talk to them, so I do wonder if he was fully telling the truth to either side. Why Wendy was being so poorly taken care of in New York even with a guardian assigned seems to be an open question at this point. The producers indicated they were scared Wendy would be left on her own if they left so something clearly had fallen through the cracks at that point in terms of Wendy's care

thats why i think he is stuck .. In her mind (or whats left of it that she is aware) she wants to be back on TV she wants to work (he is trying to appease her with that wish) He still works for her and has to answer to her and to her conservator he is trapped between a rock and a hard place 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

So the producers of the documentary say they wouldn't have filmed it if they knew about the dementia diagnosis but then once they found out why did they still want it to air?  I don't know if I believe that at all.  Obviously someone wanted it to air even after the diagnosis became public or they wouldn't have had a judge decide on whether or not it should air.  The producers and/or the network could have pulled it themselves and obviously the guardian would have approved that.  Same for the family - I don't necessarily buy their rationales for wanting it to air either.  And it's easy for them to claim that there's something wrong with the guardianship system especially if they want things that the guardian doesn't feel are good for Wendy. 

I think most of them including Will and some of the family might have been misrepresenting their motives to both the guardian and the public.  When there's money involved people stretch the truth and lie.  The guardian stepped in late in the game to try to prevent it from airing - I'm wondering why they allowed it to film in the first place unless it was done without their permission or the network and producers themselves were misleading the guardian about it in some way.  Also, the guardian may not have been aware of the extent of Wendy's mental decline until late in the game or they would have been more proactive on preventing some of this from happening. I am not so quick to pin blame on the guardian here because there are too many people involved here with questionable motives.

37 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

thats why i think he is stuck .. In her mind (or whats left of it that she is aware) she wants to be back on TV she wants to work (he is trying to appease her with that wish) He still works for her and has to answer to her and to her conservator he is trapped between a rock and a hard place 

Technically none of them including him have to answer to Wendy at all, only the conservator.  Wendy can fire them all she wants but unless the conservator fires them it means nothing.  I think no matter what the guardian wants them to do, some of them are trying to appease Wendy because they don't want to be at the receiving end of her abuse. But either they're doing it for their own selfish reasons or because of a misguided desire to help Wendy (when in fact it may be hurting her), or both.  For sure Will in particular is between a rock and a hard place so it might be a little easier to forgive him if the misses the big picture in this.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2

I don’t have cable so I only saw bits on Reddit. What I saw is so sad. Wendy is very sick. Her son better get a job because I don’t think he’s getting much of an inheritance unless a trust fund already exists. But he probably spent a big chunk of that $ 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I don’t have cable so I only saw bits on Reddit. What I saw is so sad. Wendy is very sick. Her son better get a job because I don’t think he’s getting much of an inheritance unless a trust fund already exists. But he probably spent a big chunk of that $ 

Well at least $100k on UberEats meals. I mean really. Wendy must have regularly spent an excessive amount of money before she got sick for her son to have lived that kind of lifestyle when she was staying with him

• Like 5

BTW, I forgot to mention that the interview in that article indicated that Shawn has not been employed by Wendy for some time.  That must mean that either she quit or was fired by the conservator.  I'm sure that after getting a load of what she was doing with Wendy without their knowledge or consent the conservator had more than enough reason to get rid of her.  I still can't wrap my mind around what Shawn thought she was doing by going behind the conservator's back in taking Wendy to L.A.  Did she really think that Wendy was capable of handling that and the conservator was being too restrictive with Wendy?  Because now in light of Wendy's subsequent diagnosis it's obvious that the conservator was not being too strict.

I also think that the people closest to Wendy and her family were in the dark and possibly to greater or lesser degrees in denial about the extent of her mental decline before the diagnosis of dementia, and thought that most of her problems stemmed from her alcohol abuse and that if she stopped drinking she could make a full recovery and go back to being on TV.  So all of their actions were predicated on that belief and much of what we're seeing here was during that time.  Sometimes the people closest to a person don't see what is more than obvious to the rest of the world because it's too hard for them to accept it.

• Like 8
31 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Well at least $100k on UberEats meals. I mean really. Wendy must have regularly spent an excessive amount of money before she got sick for her son to have lived that kind of lifestyle when she was staying with him

And we're talking Uber Eats Miami Beach style. Obviously Kev Jr. has no respect foe his money and all the hard work she out in to provide him with a luxurious lifestyle. I'm not liking this kid. 

Wendy's money will all be spent on Guardians, greedy personal assistants, family members not knowing how to get a hold on this sad debacle. If I was one of Wendy's caring family members I would spend all that I could, within reason, of my money and Wendy's just to get her the help she needs. The hell with how much w has left for others to inherit. Just help Wendy. 

Definitely a hopeless situation.

• Like 4

While I was watching part 3 where Wendy was in California, she reminded me of the character Norma Desmond from the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard".  Norma is an old movie star, from the silent movie era, who is stuck in the past, always reliving her glory days and thinking that any day her old studio will be calling with a new movie for her.  The problem is that movies have sound now and Norma doesn't realize that her days are over.  Norma lives in a big empty mansion surrounded by gaudy old stuff, has a dedicated manservant who caters to her every whim, and lies to her that movie offers are coming in.

Wendy stumbling the streets of CA, visiting studios to make contacts, and asking folks if they know who she is was sad. Also, hearing her constantly stating that she is going to get back on TV, she is Norma v2. Poor dear.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Jst2Wld said:

And we're talking Uber Eats Miami Beach style. Obviously Kev Jr. has no respect foe his money and all the hard work she out in to provide him with a luxurious lifestyle. I'm not liking this kid. 

Wendy's money will all be spent on Guardians, greedy personal assistants, family members not knowing how to get a hold on this sad debacle. If I was one of Wendy's caring family members I would spend all that I could, within reason, of my money and Wendy's just to get her the help she needs. The hell with how much w has left for others to inherit. Just help Wendy. 

Definitely a hopeless situation.

It sounds like Wendy is currently getting the help she needs via the guardianship, though who knows how long that will last (hopefully as long as she needs) plus the guardianship seems pretty opaque, especially to her family members. And the court system may not even allow the family members to step in to help her at this point if they don't trust them or think they are squabbling too much among themselves

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
46 minutes ago, patty1h said:

While I was watching part 3 where Wendy was in California, she reminded me of the character Norma Desmond from the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard".  Norma is an old movie star, from the silent movie era, who is stuck in the past, always reliving her glory days and thinking that any day her old studio will be calling with a new movie for her.  The problem is that movies have sound now and Norma doesn't realize that her days are over.  Norma lives in a big empty mansion surrounded by gaudy old stuff, has a dedicated manservant who caters to her every whim, and lies to her that movie offers are coming in.

Wendy stumbling the streets of CA, visiting studios to make contacts, and asking folks if they know who she is was sad. Also, hearing her constantly stating that she is going to get back on TV, she is Norma v2. Poor dear.

I know, I was thinking the exact same thing!  "Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up".  So sad....

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

It’s obvious this woman has had problems for a very long time. Just look at her siblings. They’re perfectly nice looking normal human beings. Where is Wendy has fucked up her face and her body, seems like a bitch on wheels,  defended a man who was cheating on her forever is completely nasty to the people who work for her. She didn’t speak that way to her niece or to her friend Blac Chyna. It’s completely possible that this type of dementia  was brought on by her own self her own destructive behavior with drinking, did she have an issue with drugs, so I don’t remember. I don’t  Trust anyone in this whole scenario. Her son seems like he’s fully taking advantage of the money from the amounts that they mentioned he has gone through already. he was an hour late to their dinner, and he did not seem to even want to be there.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
35 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

It’s obvious this woman has had problems for a very long time. Just look at her siblings. They’re perfectly nice looking normal human beings. Where is Wendy has fucked up her face and her body, seems like a bitch on wheels,  defended a man who was cheating on her forever is completely nasty to the people who work for her. She didn’t speak that way to her niece or to her friend Blac Chyna. It’s completely possible that this type of dementia  was brought on by her own self her own destructive behavior with drinking, did she have an issue with drugs, so I don’t remember. I don’t  Trust anyone in this whole scenario. Her son seems like he’s fully taking advantage of the money from the amounts that they mentioned he has gone through already. he was an hour late to their dinner, and he did not seem to even want to be there.

Wendy has said she used cocaine in the past, but the time period is unclear

She may not have yelled at her niece or Chyna but she was clearly not making sense at times

4 hours ago, DanaK said:

Wendy has said she used cocaine in the past, but the time period is unclear

She may not have yelled at her niece or Chyna but she was clearly not making sense at times

But she was not a raving C*** ( sorry but she was vile) as she was to those in her employ. I wouldn’t have lasted an hour with that bitch. I don’t believe that was all dementia. That had a basis in her shitty personality. 

• Like 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

But she was not a raving C*** ( sorry but she was vile) as she was to those in her employ. I wouldn’t have lasted an hour with that bitch. I don’t believe that was all dementia. That had a basis in her shitty personality. 

I don't know, I go back and forth on that.  I don't know what she was like on a personal basis before the dementia but I've seen people's personalities radically change or devolve into their worst nightmare selves as a result of it.  And the people that know her best all have said it was like she was a different person at times even before they knew the diagnosis.

My father didn't treat people like crap at all, in fact for the most part he had a very sunny and happy disposition even when he had what they would call "mild cognitive impairment" but at times he was anything but the decent, responsible adult he was before that.  In fact he reduced me to tears on a regular basis by being obstinate, self destructive, irresponsible and unwilling to listen to reason.  He turned into a nightmare child at times.  And that was the opposite of what he was just a few years before.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1
25 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Good news I guess, for sure with Shawn. She was clearly using Wendy

I'm still bothered that the conservator basically doesn't speak to the family, even to let them know what's going on or at least someone from the court system should if they want to shield the conservator. That seems to be a flaw in the New York conservator laws when a family member isn't assigned as conservator/guardian

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I don't know, I go back and forth on that.  I don't know what she was like on a personal basis before the dementia but I've seen people's personalities radically change or devolve into their worst nightmare selves as a result of it.  And the people that know her best all have said it was like she was a different person at times even before they knew the diagnosis.

My father didn't treat people like crap at all, in fact for the most part he had a very sunny and happy disposition even when he had what they would call "mild cognitive impairment" but at times he was anything but the decent, responsible adult he was before that.  In fact he reduced me to tears on a regular basis by being obstinate, self destructive, irresponsible and unwilling to listen to reason.  He turned into a nightmare child at times.  And that was the opposite of what he was just a few years before.

My mom had always had a bit of a temper, but she was kind to my dad and always, always spoke highly of him to everyone. That changed with the dementia. She was accusing him of things and behavior that I knew he did not do. He adored her and would never harm her. 

• Sad 2