Type keyword(s) to search

Where Is Wendy Williams? - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Ok I just watched the documentary that aired in 2021 from Lifetime titled “what a mess” and that led me to this.  I believe that doc was filmed in 2019 and this one was filmed in 2022/23?  Holy hell, has she taken a nosedive in 3/4 short years.  I am literally 10 minutes in and I don’t know if I can keep watching.  The eyes are popping and she is just obviously not well.   I never watched her show.  I only know Wendy from her radio days on WBLS, I used to listen religiously on my drive home from work.  Her and Charlemagne, if anyone remembers him.  I think he’s still in the radio world.  She used to talk about Big Kev and Little Kev all the time.  Sad to see what she’s become.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
(edited)

Complicated! Difficult to watch but a really interesting conversation starter.

Shawn-clearly only a user and didn't seem to care about Wendy at all. I thought at first she was just delusional but once she suggested they go to the Oscars, it was like a light bulb clicked that was probably her big goal for the trip, along with trying to force her way into a manager position.

Will-complicated feelings on this one. I do think he cared for Wendy, but he was so far out of his depth. Throwing away alcohol isn't controlling her drinking, and he is not a medical professional. I was actually worried about her going into DT withdrawals, but that didn't come up once. 

The cash in the apartment he gave Wendy was highly suspicious, and I'm guessing came from selling her stuff. Don't like that, and obviously how she is funding her drinking. I'm guessing a lot of stuff has disappeared with the various people in and out of her life.

The podcast was a ridiculous farce. The only reason he wouldn't want her to do a pilot was because he knew she couldn't, and his role as business manager would be done. Being unwilling to put out a sample product to sell makes zero sense.

Kevin Jr- I felt a lot more sympathy for him than others did apparently. He seemed to me to care for his mother genuinely, not just for her money. But it was also obvious that he wanted a relationship with her that they never seemed to really have. He said she bought his lavish things growing up as a replacement for not being a sober mother. He was incredibly spoiled, but also grew up in incredible disfunction. 

At the lunch, I thought he grabbed the alcohol purely so his Mom didn't drink it, not that he ordered it. He also was an hour late, but he was late according to Will, who snarkily said Kevin has no respect for their time, when later we find out that Kevin was actually in school. Seemed like possibly a way for Will to knock Kevin down a peg and throw a wedge into their reunion. 

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, DanaK said:

Good news I guess, for sure with Shawn. She was clearly using Wendy

I'm still bothered that the conservator basically doesn't speak to the family, even to let them know what's going on or at least someone from the court system should if they want to shield the conservator. That seems to be a flaw in the New York conservator laws when a family member isn't assigned as conservator/guardian

My guess Wendy’s family is so toxic and mean the conservator doesn’t want to speak to them!

• Like 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

My guess Wendy’s family is so toxic and mean the conservator doesn’t want to speak to them!

I would be very interested in more information about what a conservatorship is, and what they can and can't do. For example, are they even allowed to give updates on Wendy’s private medical information? Adding in a layer of Wendy being a celebrity so anyone could sell the updates to a tabloid, and I'm not surprised the guardian is tight lipped about what is going on.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Like 2
(edited)
On 2/26/2024 at 9:48 PM, Straycat80 said:

Yeah, I side eyed Will a lot. He knew there was no food in the frig, why didn’t he get her any if he cared as much as he was making people believe. And where did that big stack of money come from? And how did he afford all the designer duds? Or were those fake? Maybe? I’m assuming the booze was being ordered by Wendy  and delivered to Wendy’s apartment. Yes, she should have had home care professionals. 

On 2/28/2024 at 3:30 PM, TaxNerd said:

The cash in the apartment he gave Wendy was highly suspicious, and I'm guessing came from selling her stuff. Don't like that, and obviously how she is funding her drinking. I'm guessing a lot of stuff has disappeared with the various people in and out of her life.

I watched a YouTube review of this documentary (Kempire) & a commenter suggested manager Will was making arrangements with paparazzi for a fee. The idea is that Will would produce Wendy at certain places at certain times; the paparazzi would be there to get pictures & videos of her--- let's be honest, not looking well; sell them for megabucks; pay Will a fee & he gave a portion of that money to Wendy. That was the cash she was living on outside of what was approved by her financial guardian.

It's speculation, but it makes sense.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2

There is a man named Dr. Grande, who has a sizeable Youtube channel, where he discusses various people, events, situations in the news.  He is a psychologist and says he is NOT diagnosing any individual, just discussing the situation at hand.   

Here's his take on the WW situation -- HERE.

• Like 1

Thanks for that link Patty. NOBODY should have allowed this documentary to be made. What did it show us in positivity? NOTHING. Just keep Wendy out of the spotlight until she heals. Even if that takes years. Or sadly, maybe never. 

Are there more episodes to this docuseries or have we just been seeing reruns every weekend?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

Thanks for that link Patty. NOBODY should have allowed this documentary to be made. What did it show us in positivity? NOTHING. Just keep Wendy out of the spotlight until she heals. Even if that takes years. Or sadly, maybe never. 

Are there more episodes to this docuseries or have we just been seeing reruns every weekend?

That’s it for original episodes, unless they decide to do a follow up

• Useful 1

Wendy had a 3 picture deal with Lifetime.  She had delivered 2 and this documentary was the third.  She was executive producer and when she started, she was of much sounder mind.  So, I can see why Lifetime filmed and aired it.

Still think Will was a grifter.  She had no need for a manager.  She could not work.  Besides, he was a jewelry salesman and not probably not really qualified to be a manager.

I read that Lil Kev, Big Kev and Wendy were together to receive her diagnosis.  I hope Big Kev was there to support his son and not for some nefarious reason, $$.

And finally, the guardian has been sued for putting one of her clients under her guardianship when the person was completely capable.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

I don't think anyone involved in the making of this doc realized how big this has gotten, yesterday on NPR (cannot remember which show) it was the topic of conversation for the full hour. 

It was heartbreaking to watch Wendy's father realize his daughter was suffering from dementia but he handled it with kindness and patience.  

Can you imagine dealing with Wendy on a flight from NYC to LA? Frankly I am a shocked that Shawn managed by herself to corral Wendy and kept her demanding behavior from getting them kicked off the plane.  Also, I am 100% sure that Shawn paid the drag queens to come over to Wendy's star and be fans just as it happened when they went back to the old neighborhood after all Shawn is a PR person.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Wendy had a 3 picture deal with Lifetime.  She had delivered 2 and this documentary was the third.  She was executive producer and when she started, she was of much sounder mind.  So, I can see why Lifetime filmed and aired it.

Still think Will was a grifter.  She had no need for a manager.  She could not work.  Besides, he was a jewelry salesman and not probably not really qualified to be a manager.

I read that Lil Kev, Big Kev and Wendy were together to receive her diagnosis.  I hope Big Kev was there to support his son and not for some nefarious reason, $$.

And finally, the guardian has been sued for putting one of her clients under her guardianship when the person was completely capable.

A Lifetime exec says the doc was not part of the 3 picture deal

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I don't think anyone involved in the making of this doc realized how big this has gotten, yesterday on NPR (cannot remember which show) it was the topic of conversation for the full hour. 

It was heartbreaking to watch Wendy's father realize his daughter was suffering from dementia but he handled it with kindness and patience.  

Can you imagine dealing with Wendy on a flight from NYC to LA? Frankly I am a shocked that Shawn managed by herself to corral Wendy and kept her demanding behavior from getting them kicked off the plane.  Also, I am 100% sure that Shawn paid the drag queens to come over to Wendy's star and be fans just as it happened when they went back to the old neighborhood after all Shawn is a PR person.

I do understand your points but I still think Shawn is shady. 

Did W move to Florida now that her penthouse has been sold? Even if she's in (yet another) rehab facility,  she still needs to go somewhere when she gets out.

Yes indeed, where is Wendy Williams NOW? It's a money maker for Lifetime. Another bunch of money grubbing whores. Stay tuned, there will be more in this docuseries. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

I still think Shawn is shady. 

Oh absolutely Shawn is a Shady Lady!

I think Will is shady as well, you know doing anything to keep himself in Canal Street fake designer sweatshirts.

• LOL 5
16 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I went to many tapings of her show. I sure will miss the old vibrant Wendy!

Lucky you! I always wanted to go but never made it. A birthday trip with a tiara was my dream, lol.

Wendy is a legend. Her celebrity gossip was Top Notch. I think it is unfair that folks are saying her illnesses are karma--- millions of people watched her everyday, including me. If this is karma--- would not the viewers share in it?

• Like 2

So exactly who places someone in state guardianship? Is it relatives or does the state just have the legal right to swoop in and take over? The woman in the article seemed like a very financially poor person. Which leads me to believe that her family didn't want the responsibility of caring for her. 

Wendy is a completely different story. She's wealthy, has family that (allegedly) care about her so how does this happen? If Wendy permanently moved to Florida would the state of New York still be in charge of her money? 

It's all so confusing, at least to me it is.

• Like 2
(edited)

So exactly who places someone in state guardianship? Is it relatives or does the state just have the legal right to swoop in and take over? 

I live in NY and the state came in and put my father (who had dementia) into guardianship after a lawsuit was brought against a sibling who had taken control of dads finances and was using his money.   The state appointed a lawyer who deals with elder cases, who was sent to observe the family dynamics - what the lawyer saw was a family divided (we were not being civil) over the situation and decided that none of us three children were "appropriate" to handle dads finances.   We had no say after that - it was all taken out of our hands.  

The guardian agency took over all of the money and medical care - they would pay for any outstanding debts and pay for the nursing home out of dads funds.   The guardian agency told us that we would get invoices to show how dads money was being spent for his care... we never received not a one.  FYI:  The guardian agency is also paid out of whatever money the client has.  Luckily, my father was smart with his money and his nursing home costs were covered.   I honestly don't know how it works if the client is not financially well off.... 

Edited by patty1h
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 1

This was hard to watch, but I think it helped to bring some unpleasant issues into the public sphere, hopefully will generate helpful conversations in families.

Not exactly the same thing, but on the theme of families with elders who have a lot of money, some of you may enjoy this podcast by the BBC - the podcast is called Intrigue, and the most recent season is Million Dollar Lover.  Its about a wealthy older widow who gets romantically involved with a handyman, and then documents what unfolds from there - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04sj2pt/episodes/player

• Like 1

More crap happening to Wendy - seen on today's Yahoo News:

1)  The IRS is coming for her - they put a lien on her NYC apartment for over half a million dollars in unpaid taxes from 2019 and 2021.   Story here

2) The ex-husband is going back to court to obtain 2 years of spousal support money he feels he is still owed.  This punkass will not stop trying to put his fingers back into Wendy's purse.  

Hopefully, the Guardianship place will handle both of these issues, due to Wendy's current condition.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, DanaK said:

During a recent panel, the producers talk about their worry over Wendy’s health while making the documentary

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/where-is-wendy-williams-producers-worried-about-care-under-guardian-1235890280/

This is getting so complicated and difficult to follow, let alone trying to decide who is in it for the best for Wendy, and who is in it for the money.

People need to leave her celebrity status out of this f'd up mess. Just let her live her life in obscurity and with some dignity. Probably not going to happen but that's just MOO.

• Like 2