Type keyword(s) to search

Where Is Wendy Williams? - General Discussion

• Start Topic

After Wendy Williams was placed under a financial guardianship and her hit talk show was unexpectedly canceled, she was determined to make a career comeback. Opening the doors to her private life like never before, cameras chronicled her comeback journey to reclaim her life and legacy despite facing health issues and personal turbulence. With unparalleled access granted by Wendy to film with her and her family for nearly two years, what was captured was not what anyone expected. The four and a half hour, two-night documentary event, Where is Wendy Williams? will debut on Saturday, February 24 and 25 at 8pm ET/PT on Lifetime.

Full press release and trailer http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2024/02/02/lifetime-to-debut-the-raw-and-compelling-documentary-where-is-wendy-williams-as-a-two-night-event-debuting-february-24-and-25-343413/20240202lifetime01/

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I won't be watching but I hope someone else here on the forums will and report back. 

Wendy hasn't gotten better mentally or with her career so this 2 part shit show could be just more of the WW train crash.

• Like 3
(edited)

I will DVR this and report back if no one else does.   I get the impression that this special is a vehicle to re-introduce the new, sober Wendy to the public, and that she is ready to start a new chapter.   I watched the decline of Wendy during the last 3-5 years of her show and the paparazzi shots of her stumbling around NYC after she left TV - I think Wendy may be beyond recovery at this point.   

I hope for the best for her but I think her ships have sailed.

Edited by patty1h
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

I will DVR this and report back if no one else does.   I get the impression that this special is a vehicle to re-introduce the new, sober Wendy to the public, and that she is ready to start a new chapter.   I watched the decline of Wendy during the last 3-5 years of her show and the paparazzi shots of her stumbling around NYC after she left TV - I think Wendy may be beyond recovery at this point.   

Agree with everything you said. I will also DVR, so we can discuss together.

• Like 3
On 2/10/2024 at 12:35 AM, patty1h said:

Do you mean that she won't be able to return to tv, which she really wants to do -- if so, I totally agree with you. I know Wendy needs to make money, but her mental/physical health and her sobriety are crucial. I don't think being in front of the camera is the place for that. 

Makes me wonder why so many people in the entertainment and sports worlds go broke. All of those years that Wendy was on TV-- she doesn't have anything saved or invested? I know she went through an expensive divorce, but still.

And where are her family and friends? I suppose the movie might go into that. 

Or did "I think Wendy may be beyond recovery at this point" mean she should be left to die??? Jeez, I hope not. 

2 hours ago, topanga said:

Or did "I think Wendy may be beyond recovery at this point" mean she should be left to die??? Jeez, I hope not. 

I don't wish death on Wendy, but rather that I'm not sure she can "recover" from years of addictions, poor health, possible mental decline, to come back to a major job (TV host, podcaster) in the entertainment field on a regular basis. 

This is a long shot, but maybe Wendy could do one of these shows like Jersey Shore or an Andy Cohen show, where a diverse group of "friends" interact and have lots of drama.  Wendy would be the focal point and she's given a bunch of colorful characters who fight and hook up and go on vacations on camera.  Give Wendy a few lines, film her and cut those scenes in, then let those friends antics fill out the rest of the episode.

• Useful 1
16 hours ago, topanga said:

All of those years that Wendy was on TV-- she doesn't have anything saved or invested?

I'm guessing that ANY potential savings went right up her nose. And any money left over was probably used for booze to wash other drugs down.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Yahoo posted this article about the upcoming doc. A few family members and others give details on Wendy's issues -- a driver tells how he was instructed by Wendy to drive past the studio where her show was taped. Five minutes after going past it, Wendy asked him to drive by again, like she didn't just have him do this already.

Her son says that Wendy has definite cognitive issues, like memory loss, etc. which doctors attribute to years of alcohol abuse. There a 2-3 articles about Wendy linked on Yahoo with some pictures of her back in her radio days and when she first got her TV show. Make sure to scroll down to see Wendy back in the day and gawk at some of the ghetto fabulous outfits, those untamed implants and over the top wigs and accessories. You will have a laugh but it's also sad to see how she has changed physically.   Look at those outfits

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

A niece speaks up saying Wendy has been doing better since the doc was made

https://ew.com/wendy-williams-family-says-shes-improved-since-filming-lifetime-doc-8598282

Always suspicious when family members can’t contact their relative but the relative can reach out to them. Then again, if family members are being excluded, that’s either a sign the person is being controlled wrongly or they are being kept away for good reason (like if they are just using the person and such)

• Like 3

I feel the subject of a documentary shouldn’t be a producer of the doc if it’s to be seen as credible. As it is, you wonder if Wendy even had the capacity to understand what the filmmakers were putting together

• Like 7
(edited)

Ah, this getting juicy!

How about Wendy's guardian is suing Lifetime!? The records are sealed, so we can only speculate what the lawsuit is about. Something about a temporary restraining order that may seek to stop the documentary from coming out?? But these papers were filed Thursday & the documentary is due out Saturday. What the what??

https://www.tmz.com/2024/02/22/wendy-williams-temporary-guardian-files-lawsuit-lifetime-documentary/

It seems there are 2 factions here. The family vs. the guardianship. WW's niece appeared on The View promoting the documentary. Later, during that same episode, Whoopi announced breaking news of Wendy's dementia diagnosis. It begs the question why the niece didn't say that while she was on the show. 

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, DanaK said:

I feel the subject of a documentary shouldn’t be a producer of the doc if it’s to be seen as credible. As it is, you wonder if Wendy even had the capacity to understand what the filmmakers were putting together

Yes! I agree with you. But! I was also thinking that Wendy is seriously ill & needs money to pay for her own care. Hopefully they cut her a nice check & it will go towards that? I think the Executive Producer credit was just a means to get Wendy more money out of the deal.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, DanaK said:

Wendy has been diagnosed with primary progressive aphasia and frontotemporal dementia, according to a press release from Wendy and her medical team

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/story/wendy-williams-diagnosed-primary-progressive-aphasia-frontotemporal-dementia-107449374?cid=social_twitter_abcn

This is the same illness actor Bruce Willis was diagnosed with, although there are some variations based on presenting symptoms. If I recall correctly, his family had him do a movie while he was still (barely) able just to shore up some funds.

Edited by NowVoyager
1 hour ago, NowVoyager said:

This is the same illness actor Bruce Willis was diagnosed with, although there are some variations based on presenting symptoms. If I recall correctly, his family had him do a movie while he was still (barely) able just to shore up some funds.

Quite a few movies and barely in them as I recall

• Like 2
2 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Ah, this getting juicy!

How about Wendy's guardian is suing Lifetime!? The records are sealed, so we can only speculate what the lawsuit is about. Something about a temporary restraining order that may seek to stop the documentary from coming out?? But these papers were filed Thursday & the documentary is due out Saturday. What the what??

https://www.tmz.com/2024/02/22/wendy-williams-temporary-guardian-files-lawsuit-lifetime-documentary/

It seems there are 2 factions here. The family vs. the guardianship. WW's niece appeared on The View promoting the documentary. Later, during that same episode, Whoopi announced breaking news of Wendy's dementia diagnosis. It begs the question why the niece didn't say that while she was on the show. 

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

It’s quite likely the niece didn’t know that was going to be announced since it sounds like family members are being kept at a distance

• Like 1

I watched the niece on The View. I don’t understand how a family member is not Wendy’s guardian but a non-family member is? I’ll tape the documentary, maybe that will be explained? 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I watched the niece on The View. I don’t understand how a family member is not Wendy’s guardian but a non-family member is? I’ll tape the documentary, maybe that will be explained? 

Maybe the court didn’t trust the family in general. It sounds like at least some of them didn’t treat Wendy well and took at least some money

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I have a friend who used to be a court guardian.  Like @DanaK mentioned the courts may have decided her family members who might have expressed intrest to be unfit. There's a possibilty nobody in her family wanted to or was prepared enough to take on something like a guardianship of someone in Wendy's condition. I'm guessing the first scenario is the case though.

• Useful 3

@Jaded is right about guardianship being taken away from family cause it can get ugly.   This happened with my father having dementia and one sister who took control of all of dad's assets, using his funds (hundreds of thousands of dollars) and not letting the rest of us in on decision making.  Family drama ensued, involving lawsuits and police when the sister froze the rest of us out, hid information from us and lied. 

The courts decided that none of us should have the power to make decisions because of the animosity and bad blood - we were determined to not have dad's best interest at heart, so he was made a guardian of the state.  Lawyers and a guardianship agency took over and handled all aspects regarding finances.

• Hugs 4
(edited)

Lifetime announced the doc series will air as planned this weekend. The press release didn’t mention why it needed to announce that, but I read something earlier that sounded like family members wanted to stop its showing (ETA: Ah, there was a post about it earlier in the thread)

The press release also indicated the doc series will repeat in full on both March 1 and 2

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2024/02/23/lifetimes-highly-anticipated-documentary-where-is-wendy-williams-will-air-this-weekend-as-planned-607120/20240223lifetime01/

Edited by DanaK
  • Useful 1
27 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Watching now...  the first 5 minutes are incredibly cringy, sad and depressing.   This is gonna be a hard watch. 

Back later.

I’m watching it but I’m torn about whether I should be watching it

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 2/13/2024 at 11:12 AM, topanga said:

Do you mean that she won't be able to return to tv, which she really wants to do -- if so, I totally agree with you. I know Wendy needs to make money, but her mental/physical health and her sobriety are crucial. I don't think being in front of the camera is the place for that. 

Makes me wonder why so many people in the entertainment and sports worlds go broke. All of those years that Wendy was on TV-- she doesn't have anything saved or invested? I know she went through an expensive divorce, but still.

And where are her family and friends? I suppose the movie might go into that. 

Hi. First time poster here. Wendy is too damaged to recover. She's irrational, emotionally unstable, abrasive, combative and miserable. She never smiles. This is painful.

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Like 4
  • Sad 5
44 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I’m watching it but I’m torn about whether I should be watching it

Definitely. It's like a traffic accident - you don't want to look, but you can't help it. 

The court assigning an independent guardian definitely in her best interest.   Seeing Kevin Jr/her brother's and nephew's reactions after they've been cut off is telling. ($80K on Uber Eats.....right Kevin, Jr.)

• Like 9
(edited)

So, my late father had dementia, diagnosed about 6 years before he died. Some stuff we saw in this first part did match some of my dad’s issues, including the emotional outbursts, though there wasn’t a lot of repetition of the same questions that he did that I can recall. Of course some of Wendy’s issues presented here are probably due to excessive drinking. I think if it hadn’t already been announced that Wendy had aphasia and dementia, I would probably have suspected something with cognition was up. Some kudos at least to the documentary crew for being concerned that there were issues and bringing them up to Will and others. I’m bothered that Will and the publicist kept trying to get Wendy some promo stuff and work when it was apparent there were problems. But continuing to film even when they realized there were issues does feel exploitive

My late mom had Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma for the last 15 years of her life and had to deal with numbness in her feet probably due to chemo so I really felt for Wendy with her problems with fluid and resulting numbness in her legs and feet

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 4

Yeah for them to act like Wendy was just having a bad day here and there is so questionable.  She is clearly not well.  She needs real, 24/7 caregivers.  Maybe even assisted living.  Definitely not this staff on payroll sucking up whatever money she has left.

The son and nephew seem to care, but I’m also side eyeing all those charges Kevin Jr. racked up.  I don’t think he’s prepared to take on everything she needs.

Until the announcement about her diagnosis, which I tend to believe after seeing this, I wasn’t sure what we’d see.  I thought maybe excessive drinking that she could come back from with some help although highly unlikely given all the absences and how the show ended, but no.  

She shouldn’t be on anyone’s TV.  Just out of the limelight getting the care she needs hopefully from trusted, responsible parties.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

That was painful to watch.  I felt guilty watching it but couldn't look away.  There were no good guys.  Just a bunch of yes men making money off her.  And supplying her with alcohol when no cameras were around.  I'm side eyeing Will.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

While extremely sad and hard to watch, I hate to say this but Wendy brought a lot of her misery on herself. She waited too long to face the truth, wallowed in self-pity (drugs) and began drinking to drown her sorrows. If she really wanted to get back on TV, she wouldn't have self-sabotaged...which only adds to her diagnosis.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

I’m really unclear on the timeline here, in terms of when the court-appointed guardian came in. If the guardian came in at some point during this first night’s footage, I don’t understand why Will and the publicist lady were allowed to be around her and try to get her work or why it seemed like Will was the only one around to help her and was overwhelmed. I guess this was before the court and guardian decided to put Wendy in a treatment facility that kept her away from her family and any hangers-on, but where was the guardian before this?

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, DanaK said:

I’m really unclear on the timeline here, in terms of when the court-appointed guardian came in. If the guardian came in at some point during this first night’s footage, I don’t understand why Will and the publicist lady were allowed to be around her and try to get her work or why it seemed like Will was the only one around to help her and was overwhelmed. I guess this was before the court and guardian decided to put Wendy in a treatment facility that kept her away from her family and any hangers-on, but where was the guardian before this?

I’m hoping it was before or maybe in progress.  Like they determined she needed a guardian and then maybe they had to come back to court once that was all worked out- going through her finances, figuring out where she could be placed, getting her diagnosis, etc. So in the meantime, she was still with Will.  I’ve seen that in family court where a determination is made but you still have to go back x days later while everything is drawn up or you’re waiting for some other state’s documents or something else. It could explain why she was able to film the documentary.

Edited by For Cereals

I'm not sure I saw anything new about Wendy's story. Lots of old videos of Wendy looking crazy, Wendy looking somewhat ok, Wendy drunk. 

It almost appears these documentaries were done with the purpose of her family and her "personal" assistants to make THEM look innocent to the public. One assistant lets W drink. The other one throws her booze out (like that's going to stop her!) They enable her. Take her to vape shops, liquor stores. Fine restaurants where she thinks she's famous. Let Wendy figure out her life without enablers. If she blows thru her money all on her own maybe she will wake up. Doubt it but she's going to go through her money one way or another. 

Wendy is mean and disrespectful to everyone. Telling her public relations (?) assistant to get lipo before they go to Los Angeles, the disgusting comment she made about her personal assistant (don't know exactly who she was referencing but it was a male) that he can get f'd long and hard. Asking the producer if he wanted to see her breasts. And she wonders why she has no friends? And why are these people even working for her? She must be paying them a lot to put up with her abuse. Employees with no dignity. 

And who knew she has pets? I feel sad for them, living in all of that chaos, turmoil and mayhem. I doubt those pets are cared for. At all.

This documentary series has made me dislike her more AND her family. And her staff. 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Jst2Wld said:

I'm not sure I saw anything new about Wendy's story. Lots of old videos of Wendy looking crazy, Wendy looking somewhat ok, Wendy drunk. 

It almost appears these documentaries were done with the purpose of her family and her "personal" assistants to make THEM look innocent to the public. One assistant lets W drink. The other one throws her booze out (like that's going to stop her!) They enable her. Take her to vape shops, liquor stores. Fine restaurants where she thinks she's famous. Let Wendy figure out her life without enablers. If she blows thru her money all on her own maybe she will wake up. Doubt it but she's going to go through her money one way or another. 

Wendy is mean and disrespectful to everyone. Telling her public relations (?) assistant to get lipo before they go to Los Angeles, the disgusting comment she made about her personal assistant (don't know exactly who she was referencing but it was a male) that he can get f'd long and hard. Asking the producer if he wanted to see her breasts. And she wonders why she has no friends? And why are these people even working for her? She must be paying them a lot to put up with her abuse. Employees with no dignity. 

And who knew she has pets? I feel sad for them, living in all of that chaos, turmoil and mayhem. I doubt those pets are cared for. At all.

This documentary series has made me dislike her more AND her family. And her staff. 

Wendy was definitely verbally abusing people in this doc, I was kind of shocked at some of the things she said, especially when she says it so casually. The thing is, if her mind is going plus the effects of alcohol abuse, she probably can't completely control what she says at this point. And how much money does she have at this point (of the doc) if Wells Fargo was keeping her from her money? I think given her condition, it might be better to have some empathy and compassion for her; I have little doubt it's going to get worse in the next few years. Of course, I have little empathy for the hangers-on, including some of her family members. I feel for anyone who ends up taking care of her now, even if they are professional caregivers used to that

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
13 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

That was painful to watch.  I felt guilty watching it but couldn't look away.  There were no good guys.  Just a bunch of yes men making money off her.  And supplying her with alcohol when no cameras were around.  I'm side eyeing Will.

100% Will is no good, he plants $15,000 in cash in her room and she is so crazy she agrees that she asked for it but she keeps saying she cannot get any money from her bank so where did that wad of cash come from? He did the same with the vodka, implying it was empty but it was half full (or half empty?), accusing her of drinking.  I thought it was odd when she told the camera that she likes Tito Puente and that she likes vodka, oh dear Wendy, you like Tito's Vodka.

Will's  Dior and Celine have to be knock offs, right?

I wish someone in her camp would hide those Daisy Dukes she insists on wearing with pantyhose.

Wendy says she is going to LA, how if she has no money? Who is going with her to do what? Why aren't those people helping her, how are they getting her money but she can't? Who is paying her bills?

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jst2Wld said:

I don't hold the disrespect and bad treatment of her staff against her because I'm pretty sure it's the disease doing that.  Wendy is being controlled by the symptoms of her illness. 

I think that her manager Will is a viper with dollar signs dancing in front of his eyes, and he was going to stick around as long as possible while getting a paycheck.

A lot of people on the other WW forum used to wonder what happened to DJ Boof, who seemed to be Wendy's personal slave for a while, then disappeared from the show with no explanation.  I guess he was not under a NDA, so he was given the opportunity to give some backstory on his situation.  He says that he saw the changes going on in Wendy (the drinking and mental decline) and decided that she was no longer the person he knew, and so it was time to go.   I wish that Suzanne and Norman would have been interviewed too... you know they saw some shit.

Edited by patty1h
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
13 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

100% Will is no good, he plants $15,000 in cash in her room and she is so crazy she agrees that she asked for it but she keeps saying she cannot get any money from her bank so where did that wad of cash come from? He did the same with the vodka, implying it was empty but it was half full (or half empty?), accusing her of drinking.  I thought it was odd when she told the camera that she likes Tito Puente and that she likes vodka, oh dear Wendy, you like Tito's Vodka.

Will's  Dior and Celine have to be knock offs, right?

I wish someone in her camp would hide those Daisy Dukes she insists on wearing with pantyhose.

Wendy says she is going to LA, how if she has no money? Who is going with her to do what? Why aren't those people helping her, how are they getting her money but she can't? Who is paying her bills?

i really don't know what to think and believe. She is not a nice person and, yeah, the booze is making her more unlikable, but i don;t think she ever was. it's no excuse. if she had a hand in producing this, why? did she think the things shown make her more endearing to her fans? why would you want people to see all that?

i don't know what to think of the bank determining something fishy was going on, but maybe since she's such a big star (like she likes to tell us) they monitor her spending.  if her son is spending all the money he admits to, that's bad.  so what if she likes nice expensive things, that doesn't mean you have to accommodate her $$$$ desires.

and, yeah, why does she wear those daisy dukes that just emphasize her ugly stick legs?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought it was odd when she told the camera that she likes Tito Puente

I had to Google TIito Puente. A now deceased American singer song writer and bandleader. Born in 1923 died in 2000. What the hell does he have to do with anything? Other than W was talking like a drunk. 

31 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

wish someone in her camp would hide those Daisy Dukes she insists on wearing with pantyhose.

And the Sasquatch boots too. And quit showing your thigh gap that you are so proud of. Yuck

Please Wendy (and the myriad of her self proclaimed team that care about her) stop. This is not helping you. Somebody please get her in a dual diagnosis treatment center. Her brain needs to be evaluated. 

• Like 5

People have been wondering about her cats for years and thought she had rehomed them.  She is in no condition to take care of pets. They should be removed from the home.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Jst2Wld said:

I had to Google TIito Puente. A now deceased American singer song writer and bandleader. Born in 1923 died in 2000. What the hell does he have to do with anything? Other than W was talking like a drunk. 

And the Sasquatch boots too. And quit showing your thigh gap that you are so proud of. Yuck

Please Wendy (and the myriad of her self proclaimed team that care about her) stop. This is not helping you. Somebody please get her in a dual diagnosis treatment center. Her brain needs to be evaluated. 

I'm not sure on the timeline, but she is currently in some sort of a treatment center under her guardianship and her family cannot contact her but she can contact them. And she was evaluated hence the statement that was released just days before the doc premiered that she said she has aphasia and dementia, but apparently not before this documentary took place.

According to Wikipedia, filming was from the cancellation of her talk show in August 2022 to April 2023, when production stopped due to Wendy's health. It was supposed to document Wendy starting a podcast but as we've seen, things took a turn

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Jst2Wld said:

I saw Tito Puente in concert 30+ years ago, it was a "Wow," performance of Afro-Latin music, Latin Jazz, etc...not once did he try and sell his vodka, lol.

50 minutes ago, Jst2Wld said:

And quit showing your thigh gap that you are so proud of. Yuck

Her thigh gap is not earned unless you consider the atrophy of her muscles something to work for, like thigh gap is her positive take away from the drugs and booze, yikes.

I'd like to know what her son is doing to be able to live in Miami, does he have a job or is he living off of his mother which I will say again, how is she accessing (or anyone), her money? How does she buy booze? Pay her condo fee, etc...

I would listen to Wendy's podcast before I would listen to Larsa Pippen (RHOM) and Marcus's podcast, lol. 

I 100% think all those fans in Wendy's old neighborhood were paid to fawn all over her as she drove thru, like dark tinted windows how would those people even know who was in that car? Will is gas lighting Wendy about everything.

Will tells the waiter to give Wendy some sort of a mocktail instead of the real thing, he says something like, you know a martini...sure Will a drink that is primarily vodka and an olive can be made in to a mocktail.

Wendy's condo is dump, it looks like it was decorated when she was in some manic phase and now it's a mess, and the way she talks to people it is amazing anyone sticks around.

Drive past the Wendy Show, driver does it at least three times only to arrive at the same vape shop each time, the assistant buys and returns at least three times, (why not take the vape pen that Wendy was using and ask for that one?) Wendy tells her she better not take more than two seconds, I would have taken my ol' sweet time. Her assistant is much nicer than I would ever be.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

and the way she talks to people it is amazing anyone sticks around.

Exactly! Who is paying these suck ups to stick around and be abused by Wendy?  Can they be fired by her conservator? They should.

And the way she spoke to the woman who was doing her nails was unacceptable. Everything W does is unacceptable but she gets away with it. 

What is the name of tonight's new episode? I Love Being Famous I Am Gorgeous. (LOL!)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

'd like to know what her son is doing to be able to live in Miami,

I read he was going to college. It's just sad. Whenever there's money, an addled celebrity, and so-called caring friends/family, I'm suspicious. 

• Like 5

Wendy’s frequent denials that there are further things wrong with her, especially that she’s “not crazy” is not surprising. Most people probably don’t want to admit mental stuff or cognition problems

I don’t fully understand her saying the 2 doctors are because Wells Fargo has her money or that they are working on that. She’s either meaning they are somehow dealing with the problem, or they were assigned to her by the court because she can’t afford it herself right now. Probably the second

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

I read he was going to college

Although I don't follow how long ago Kevin Jr. started college, it seems like he should have graduated by now. I have no idea what his degree would be. But I smell a lot of people trying to take a grab at whatever WW has left monetarily. And that includes family, personal assistants etc.

Why not hire professional caregivers who are qualified/educated in dealing with dementia/addict patients? They know how to say NO. 

Edited by Jst2Wld
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
(edited)

10 minutes in to the second night and it seemed like Alex is appropriately side-eying Shawn the publicist and the next minute she steps out of the room to complain about just that with the producer

Her being told by the producer that there was no food in the fridge when there would be in the past ended up being more emotional than I expected

Oh, Shawn took Wendy to LA behind everyone’s back. She in trouble

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

As someone who has worked in healthcare my whole adult life I see a woman with dementia, addiction and physical health issues. I know she has some type of guardian but I can’t understand why they allowed this filming, Will, a guy who seems to be encouraging her to work when it’s clear she can’t and Shawn, the publicist, who is an enabler, to be in so much control of her life. 
Her living space is unhealthy and no one is caring for her cats. Why the guardian didn’t put her in a safe, healthy living facility is beyond me. Or maybe at the time the guardian was only responsible for her finances? 

Although I think since this was filmed she might be in a safer place. Not  sure. I read where she has the same disease as Bruce Willis, dementia and aphasia. Very sad. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

This second part is a bigger train wreck than the first part and it’s all so sad.

I’m surprised Shawn just took her to a meeting with NBC like it wasn’t a big deal that she was doing it. What an outrageous move. And I’m wondering if she had the NBC meeting already planned and just said Wendy wanted to go to LA out of the blue. I’m really surprised she wasn’t fired on the spot, but I guess she works directly for Wendy

• Like 4