Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E15: Honeyspoonin'

• Start Topic

With one honeymoon in full effect, the other couples face intense issues of honesty and trust; with decision day on the horizon, the couples look to the experts for guidance in their decision of whether they should stay married or get a divorce.

Air date: 1/31/24

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

My Samsung TV Guide has this for Lifetime, 1/31, 8:00 p.m.-- 9:31 p.m.:

"Afterparty: Honeyspoonin'."

At 9:31 p.m. it's "Prison Brides."

Then a 1/2 hour "Afterparty" at 10:34 p.m.

ETA: The Lifetime website has it correct: 

8:00 p.m. = Episode "Honeyspoonin'."

10:34 p.m. = "Afterparty."

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Thanks 3

Only one comment and this aired almost a week ago. Wow. 

All I have to say is Emily needs to listen to her friend she was facetiming with. Excellent advice. Run for the hills.

Not sure about Chloe. I predict one too many panic attacks and she runs away from Michael. I'm not at all attracted to Michael but damn he is so sweet and understanding.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, starlightlost said:

I'm not at all attracted to Michael but damn he is so sweet and understanding.

His personality is the best of the guys - sweet, understanding, intelligent. He has a high EQ. I don’t think I knew that he’s half Filipino, half Greek until this episode.

If Brennan did complain that Emily was trying to make him fall in love with her … ouch. That is the entire point of the show. If he’s complaining about that possible outcome, girl, he don’t want you (which we know). And if he’s complaining about that possible outcome, that outcome is off the table. No one who wants to fall in love would say that.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

Was anyone else weirded out by Chloe's delivery of "I'm terrified and I don't think I can do this" when she was having dinner with Michael, and she immediately followed it up with a fake huge smile?! She just rubs me the wrong way- very performative and measured in how she talks- she wants to sound perfect.  I don't really relate to her.  I prefer to watch people on reality tv who are more flawed, candid and rough around the edges. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, starlightlost said:

Only one comment and this aired almost a week ago. Wow. 

Well the forums were closed for the past week, so…

4 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

His personality is the best of the guys - sweet, understanding, intelligent. He has a high EQ. I don’t think I knew that he’s half Filipino, half Greek until this episode.

If Brennan did complain that Emily was trying to make him fall in love with her … ouch. That is the entire point of the show. If he’s complaining about that possible outcome, girl, he don’t want you (which we know). And if he’s complaining about that possible outcome, that outcome is off the table. No one who wants to fall in love would say that.

I agree about Michael though he may have benefitted from less exposure to the audience thus far?

• Like 7

While this site was down, I think I had Primetimer Withdrawal Sickness.  Something might be wrong with me because I actually thought in this episode, that Michael was.....kinda sexy???  I was looking at his fingers when he was massaging Chloe, and I was envious because I would love to have him to give me one.   

I still can't get past the earrings and tattoos, but I do think he would be a good match for someone because he seems kind and intelligent.

Regarding Chloe, I thought some of the looks he gave her were interesting--like he was wondering why she was so hyped up.  Maybe he thinks she's faking it and just wants to be on tv.  In any event, he's more low key and he might be thinking she's just too much to deal with.

I wasn't interested in the other couples, but I hope Cameron is doing ok.

• Like 10

Yeah, I have also changed my initial impression of Chloe. I thought, when we first met her, that she appeared to be too normal. Now, I m not buying her act. I also agree that Micheal seems like a really nice and kind guy. BUT, as much as I thought he was "too much" before, now we see all those tattoos all over.  I know it's popular with the younger generations, but I am not a fan. The more we get to know the "real" Chloe, the less I like her, and am also thinking that this couple will not make it, either. Does Michael get a third chance?

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
59 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Also, didn't Chloe say she had nine dogs?  That would be a lot for any spouse to deal with. 

I thought she just had two, but one is old, blind and incontinent (bless him; I love senior dogs). Nine at one time is a lot. Some days I can barely manage 3.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I thought she just had two, but one is old, blind and incontinent (bless him; I love senior dogs). Nine at one time is a lot. Some days I can barely manage 3.

Yes, you're right.  I just saw an article that said she fostered eleven senior dogs in seven years.  Maybe on the show she said nine dogs over x number of years, and I just missed that part.  I still think the husband has to be a dog lover though.

• Like 2

I think Chloe is starting to think she married a diva.  He was packing his suitcase with all his matched scarves and other things.  She just looked a bit surprised by it all.  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Yes, you're right.  I just saw an article that said she fostered eleven senior dogs in seven years.  Maybe on the show she said nine dogs over x number of years, and I just missed that part.  I still think the husband has to be a dog lover though.

I really want to love her just for that.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

While this site was down, I think I had Primetimer Withdrawal Sickness.  Something might be wrong with me because I actually thought in this episode, that Michael was.....kinda sexy???  I was looking at his fingers when he was massaging Chloe, and I was envious because I would love to have him to give me one.   

I still can't get past the earrings and tattoos, but I do think he would be a good match for someone because he seems kind and intelligent.

Regarding Chloe, I thought some of the looks he gave her were interesting--like he was wondering why she was so hyped up.  Maybe he thinks she's faking it and just wants to be on tv.  In any event, he's more low key and he might be thinking she's just too much to deal with.

I wasn't interested in the other couples, but I hope Cameron is doing ok.

I think Chloe IS too much to deal with, she is very different and just seems off but not sure what to make of her and I sensed it from the beginning.  Originally was thinking it could be nerves but not so much anymore.  I feel bad for Michael he seems like a nice, calm patient guy but he must be seeing some red flags.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
6 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I think Chloe is starting to think she married a diva.  He was packing his suitcase with all his matched scarves and other things.  She just looked a bit surprised by it all.  

I think he's high-maintenance. Did I hear right....did he pack six bags for a weekend getaway? Also, $1k on shoes is a no for me, even if he earns a good income.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, endure said:

I think Chloe IS too much to deal with, she is very different and just seems off but not sure what to make of her and I sensed it from the beginning.  Originally was thinking it could be nerves but not so much anymore.  I feel bad for Michael he seems like a nice, calm patient guy but he must be seeing some red flags.

I have a couple of theories for why Chloe seems off and even like she's acting.  One is that they were a pre-existing couple recruited to act like they just met.  Perhaps they were already engaged or a couple looking to make some money whether or not they're serious about getting married.  The bit about Michael being the one matched with someone else before who left him at the altar was a pure fiction designed to create drama and throw us off, and was filmed separately. Another theory is that Michael was recruited as an "alternate" in case one couple dropped out before their wedding.  When one did, they made him the person getting married and left at the altar, which they filmed for drama's sake.  He could have been filmed at the bachelor party just in case and if they didn't need him he could have been edited out or in some scenes made to look like a guest.  Chloe was recruited separately.  She acts like she's doing this on a lark and is up for anything.  But they also seem too familiar with each other to be just meeting for the first time, so that seems more like theory 1.   I know it's not perfect but it's what rolls around in my head sometimes.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
10 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Brennan acts like he's being pursued by a stalker or something.  I'm beginning to think the party girl thing is being exaggerated by him and the show.  I feel like there's a big disconnect between the way Emily's acting on camera and the way he says she's acting off camera and every week I'm finding it harder to believe that she's lying or misrepresenting herself to that degree.   She seems more genuine than that.  I am still suspicious of HIM, though.

Didn't you love how he described himself as "loving and affectionate" and "putting everyone above himself"?  I have seen absolutely NOTHING from him even remotely close to that, in fact just the opposite!

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
12 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Was anyone else weirded out by Chloe's delivery of "I'm terrified and I don't think I can do this" when she was having dinner with Michael, and she immediately followed it up with a fake huge smile?!!

That was ABSOLUTELY BIZARRE!!! I didn't see the productivity of it. WHAT was he supposed to say to that?!! 🤨 I wonder if he thought she was quitting for a split second. 😅 Like. Yeah, sure, share you're overwhelmed, but also what the solution is or what the goal is from sharing, don't just dump it in his lap leaving him to figure out what to say. It came off very thoughtless, I guess that's what to expect from her. 🤷‍♀️ Disagree with her saying he said to be more "selfish." Eh. Telling her to prioritize self care and mental wellness is very kind of him. Even though her setup was awful, I think responding with encouragement & positivity regarding their future would've better turned it around. Then she cried & they were hugging & holding hands & kissed. He was very comforting.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

4 "panic attacks"??? Okay. Did she not warn her new stranger husband about that possibly happening? I remember a wife talking in her sleep on that first night & not warning her new stranger husband. Did they check out the next morning? No family/friends brunch? Was the newlywed basket scene cut & she's wearing the garb? Was the honeymoon only 1 or 2 days? Was it really as short as it seems or was a lot of stuff cut? 🧐 Good on Michael for asking what she found attractive, WAY TO DO IT!!! I wonder if they didn't tell each other they liked each other like no one else ever does. They were definitely one of the more affectionate couples, less than Lauren & Orion, so 3rd place. It was standard stranger affection. I found myself thinking they're talking too much. Like, during the massages, a full on conversation was too much. Michael not saying why he wasn't telling his mom he's married & when he would was strange. Saying he's not hiding her, trust him, but not saying what the plan was was so insufficient. I can't believe she just sat there & didn't ask.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Lindz said:

That was ABSOLUTELY BIZARRE!!! I didn't see the productivity of it. WHAT was he supposed to say to that?!! 🤨 I wonder if he thought she was quitting for a split second. 😅 Like. Yeah, sure, share you're overwhelmed, but also what the solution is or what the goal is from sharing, don't just dump it in his lap leaving him to figure out what to say. It came off very thoughtless, I guess that's what to expect from her. 🤷‍♀️ Disagree with her saying he said to be more "selfish." Eh. Telling her to prioritize self care and mental wellness is very kind of him. Even though her setup was awful, I think responding with encouragement & positivity regarding their future would've better turned it around. Then she cried & they were hugging & holding hands & kissed. He was very comforting.

It was so bizarre!! 😆💯 I think that Chloe said it as a potential way out- a tiny moment where she dropped her Disney Princess facade and oohing and awing and genuinely wanted a way out.  The instant fake smile 😬 that she made after she said that to him really creeped me out- it felt kind of sinister.  The whole thing was so odd and her tiny stiff little peck kiss with him after seemingly being moved to tears by being "allowed to be selfish" 🙄 was also weird.  I don't think she's into him at all.  Also, Michael is weird to not tell his mom about marrying Chloe- she already knows that he tried to marry a complete stranger the first time, so why would this be more shocking? He's a wuss for not being able to tell his mom.  And I agree- they talk too much, especially during the massage.  

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Brennan acts like he's being pursued by a stalker or something.  I'm beginning to think the party girl thing is being exaggerated by him and the show.  I feel like there's a big disconnect between the way Emily's acting on camera and the way he says she's acting off camera and every week I'm finding it harder to believe that she's lying or misrepresenting herself to that degree.   She seems more genuine than that.  I am still suspicious of HIM, though.

Brennan and Emily are just filler for the show at this point!

The producers have to keep in them in the game somehow since two other couples are done, the "second marriage" couple seems bogus and the other couple seems on/off.

Edited by Rightside
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

These stupid "experts" are throwing spaghetti at the fridge at this point to see what sticks.  They might as well just go to a bus stop and pair random people up for MAFS marriages. 😅🥴

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I would too 😆🙌💯! I can see it now-  Greyhound Bus stop: Married at First Sight Stockton, CA 

I mean, at least there is some chance that the couples live on the same bus line…

• LOL 3

I warmed up to Michael this episode.  It doesn’t hurt that everyone else is a mess.  I hope Chloe gives him a chance. I feel like they don’t even need to show Emily and Brennan anymore. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

It was so bizarre!! 😆💯 I think that Chloe said it as a potential way out- a tiny moment where she dropped her Disney Princess facade and oohing and awing and genuinely wanted a way out.  The instant fake smile 😬 that she made after she said that to him really creeped me out- it felt kind of sinister.  The whole thing was so odd and her tiny stiff little peck kiss with him after seemingly being moved to tears by being "allowed to be selfish" 🙄 was also weird.  I don't think she's into him at all.  Also, Michael is weird to not tell his mom about marrying Chloe- she already knows that he tried to marry a complete stranger the first time, so why would this be more shocking? He's a wuss for not being able to tell his mom.  And I agree- they talk too much, especially during the massage.  

I think Chloe is either acting like a bride for hire (my theory #2) or a person trying to act like she's just meeting a guy and not sure about him when that's not the truth because she's actually been with him for quite a while (my theory #1).  And she's not that great an actress so it's coming off weird and fake.

10 hours ago, Rightside said:

Brennan and Emily are just filler for the show at this point!

The producers have to keep in them in the game somehow since two other couples are done, the "second marriage" couple seems bogus and the other couple seems on/off.

I wonder how much they had to bribe Brennan and Emily to stay on the show.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 2/5/2024 at 4:14 PM, Crashcourse said:

Also, didn't Chloe say she had nine dogs?  That would be a lot for any spouse to deal with. 

I think she’s a mental case.  I can’t stand that big smile of hers that’s always there.

• Applause 2
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I wonder how much they had to bribe Brennan and Emily to stay on the show.

Brennan and Emily signed a contract so they can't be bribed.

• Like 1

I think I like Michael, but cringed a bit at his "see anything you like" line when they were getting that massage.  I agree that Chloe seems to be acting.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Sure, but despite the contract others have left their marriage like Lauren and Orion and they only appear on the show when they have group gatherings and on the Afterparty.  Obviously they couldn't "convince" Lauren to stick with the marriage (or she didn't cave into the money they wanted to give her) - It looks like Orion was caving in at the last minute and putting on a show that he wanted to continue, but she wouldn't have it because she knew it was fake.  I'm talking about being given an incentive (aka bribe) to stick with the marriage.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

Anyone can be bribed with the right incentive.

• Like 2

I think some people are underestimating the number of Americans who would do anything to be on television. Dress up ridiculously, traipse naked through a wilderness, sing out of tune---or get married to a stranger. Infamy, fame, it's all the same. 

And if perks include visiting scenic areas with someone ostensibly compatible with you, all the better. 

So I'm gonna Occam's Razor this thing and opine that all the participants and production crew are for real, playing by the rules, nothing pre-arranged in an elaborate  "Case of the Replaced Bride." No Chloe the Actress or Chloe the Already Bride or Michael the Recruit. 

Just two more people who think somehow their dreams will come true through the magic of television. 

3 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Anyone can be bribed with the right incentive.

I took the point to be that the show was precluded from any offers of bribes. 

• Like 7

Austin's BS excuses of not having enough time should be a HUGE RED FLAG!!!! This isn't the 1st time he's used that excuse & Becca disagrees with it. He's coming off as lazy & neglectful, like he can stop being a husband whenever he says he doesn't have time. 🤨 It's also weird Becca waits until the meetings to share things and Austin asks for a head's up. It's like they don't talk. Not looking good.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Not blur the lines between friends & relationship?!?!?? WTF?!?!! Really care about her HOW??? How's he show that?!! Doesn't want to lose her, WHY?!!! Just sounds like empty words! PC is so over the BS, he pulled up their application interviews!!! He's studied the show?!! Apparently not! Brennan said Emily's the same girl & Emily basically asked who that guy was & said it was just saying the right things. Where's the follow-up or was it cut???? Better yet, ask how they're living up to what they said! She's "happy"?!! BS!!! BE HONEST!!!! 

& now there's Clare for more camera time. 🙄

Edited by Lindz
  • Applause 1

Watching the Afterparty for this episode and apparently Austin and Emily fought (to the point if her threatening to leave) over him playing music while he was brushing his teeth. He notes that his dad and uncle are both Deaf so he may have been playing the music loudly. I was thinking “like literally Deaf or is he joking?” and then Keisha asked “are they clinically Deaf?” I was glad she asked! Keisha’s pretty good at this. (They are both clinically Deaf. Austin mentioned cochlear implants.)

Also Emily has been tanning and has on bubblegum pink lipstick to match her dress, and it’s not a good look.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2