Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: First Come, First Served

• Start Topic

Mia gets candid with Robyn about her marital issues. Gizelle and Ashley collaborate on a foray into the fashion world. When Karen invites a few of the ladies to Surry County for a special occasion, unforeseen drama puts the Grande Dame in the hot seat.

Airdate: 01.28.2024

• Like 1

So they have been in Elkridge and in White Marsh, the  location nerd in me is coming out.  

Giz and Ashley doing the leggings thing, so original. Giz says they want bedazzeled leggings, leggings that can go day to night?

Karen and Ray go for the early bird special dinner although she thinks it makes Ray look cheap, I don't think so, I love a happy hour.

North Potomac must be considered West Palm Beach, lol. I remember when it was just Rockville.

What is with that tufted couch that appears in every RHOP's living rooms?

Wendy wakes her kid up at 4:30 AM on his birthday? Why?

Why is it such a challenge to dress for the activity at hand and why do these women constantly talk about their lady bits?

Happy Eddie weed strain, good for him. Maybe he should do a muppet named strain since that is what got him there.

What is an unpacking party? Is that when all your friends have to unpack your boxes and put your stuff away?  Also, Nneka is so rich but we see her basic finishes in her redone mcmansion.

I can never be a HW, I cannot look backwards in a moving car, I cannot ride in the back seat, I would have to drive the Sprinter van.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Nneka kinda hates her husband, doesn’t she?  I remember when North Potomac was just Rockville, too, but, now part of Rockville is N. Bethesda, too.  Poor old Rockville just can’t get a break.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
10 minutes ago, Axie said:

Nneka kinda hates her husband, doesn’t she?

I'm not sure what their deal is, does she see him as just a sperm machine?  Mia goes to some gyno appointment with Nneka and goes in the exam room, that is a nope for me, on either end of that scenario.

What kind of doctor is Nneka's husband, please tell me he is an anesthesiologist.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
31 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Karen and Ray go for the early bird special dinner although she thinks it makes Ray look cheap, I don't think so, I love a happy hour.

Karen has been an ass to Ray all season. In an earlier episode she got huffy because he was trying to hurry her off the phone because he was in the bathroom. She retorted that HER calls must always be his priority. If a man said that to his wife, folks would think he was out of bounds. And now she's embarrassing him at a restaurant.  Is she friends with Toya?

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Snoozefest. Gawd. If they played the pink/green/brown noise, this show couldn't be any more BORING. Stick a fork in it. DONEZO!

Wendy, be nicer to your huzzbin.  Puleez.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why is it such a challenge to dress for the activity at hand and why do these women constantly talk about their lady bits?

Ashley has talked about her sweaty coochie* since Season 1.

I thought this was a nice, light episode. Everyone seemed to have some fun.  I enjoyed it.  

We are seeing it's Gizelle & Robyn who are icing themselves out from cast events because people they don't like will be there.  We also saw Gizelle try to warn Nneka on the low not to film with Candiace & Wendy.  

We also saw Gizelle heavily shading Karen this episode.

I feel like we saw Karen and somebody else go to a salt place in an earlier season. One of Karen's relatives was mentioning an "Aunt Dot." I wonder if that's the same "Aunt Dot" who pulled up in a Sentra in either season 1 or 2?

The name of this episode should've been WEED because they talked about it in almost every scene.  I would die laughing if Karen and her family turned the family farm into a weed farm.  I know Virginia passed some new laws regarding weed back in 2021.  Maybe she & Eddie can team up for a special Mid Atlantic blend (or he could grow his supply on her farm).

On a serious note, it is something special when you have something of your ancestors, especially if they were enslaved.  Like Karen, I'm also the great great grandchild of enslaved persons.

Michael must be closing up his accounts and now Ashley is scrambling for money. She said she likes being a kept woman but the problem with that is the man has all the money and the power.  She should've learned that lesson when he kicked her out with only a Hefty bag of clothes and the keys to her car.  Also when he controlled her cellphone and wouldn't let her have international on her phone.

*Virginia, Maryland, the entire South is hot and *humid* in the summer and it's easy to go through several pairs of underwear in a day. I think Ashley's idea of a coochie sweat guard in the crotch of the leggings is actually a good idea.

• Like 11

I find it funny that Eddie is happy because his wife is anything but. She’s seems miserable.  It was her nasty mom that started the crap with Nneka. She probably should stop filming when Nneka does because she has zero personality when she’s pissed. Candiace on the other hand can film with those she doesn’t care for and still have a good time. Good for her. Gizelle was a chicken shit regarding the Karen trip but the way the Grande Dame handled the invite was lousy.
Isn’t the market saturated with athletic leisure wear? Speaking of side gigs, does Robyn still sell hats? 

• Like 8
14 hours ago, Axie said:

Nneka kinda hates her husband, doesn’t she?

She does!  Probably as much as Wendy hates her children.  Waking a kid up at 4:30 am on their birthday???  Anybody have a number for Potomac Child Protective Services?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

As a proud Virginian and a graduate of Mr. Jefferson's University, I can attest that there are beautiful and amazing environs here. Surry County ain't one of 'em. Good luck, Early Bird Special Not so GRAND renter Karen. 🙄 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

There was only one thing that caught my attention during this episode. Wendy ordering ackee and saltfish on her date with Happy Eddy

Me: Ain't no actual Jamaicans eating at or running that restaurant!

Ackee and saltfish is a breakfast dish! No authentic Jamaican place has this on their menu past that time. And if it's on the menu at all, it's gone usually by 9:00 or 10:00. 

I love that Happy Eddy is using this to launch a weed business. 

What is Ashley thinking getting into a clothing-related business with Gizelle? Has she seen Gizelle's outfits?!?!?!?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, StevieRocks said:

How original to get into the reefer business. I'm sure that will be a great success. Every idiot 'entrepreneur' has the same idea, Dummy Eddie. 

Who else is doing it, especially when both Virginia and Maryland only legalized it in the past 2 years?

30 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

What is Ashley thinking getting into a clothing-related business with Gizelle? Has she seen Gizelle's outfits?!?!?!?

Has she seen her own?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Maximona said:

She does!  Probably as much as Wendy hates her children.  Waking a kid up at 4:30 am on their birthday???  Anybody have a number for Potomac Child Protective Services?

I have a friend who's mom wakes them up every year, at the time they were born. Which was 5 am.

They are now 57 years old. And mom still calls.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Who else is doing it, especially when both Virginia and Maryland only legalized it in the past 2 years?

Maybe they opened their business in a different state then where they live?

I knew several people that got in early, when you still needed a doctor to sign the paperwork, a lot dispensary opened here in Baltimore, I am kicking myself for not finding an investment opportunity in it.

It seems that Eddie is growing or at least naming his weed types and not building a brick and mortar store.

2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Me: Ain't no actual Jamaicans eating at or running that restaurant!

I can check out that restaurant, it is within a reasonable distance from me, like 30 minutes, the real question is why did E & W drive all that way from their home, it must have been a long ride past a few other Jamaican restaurants, (even Nigerian restaurants, lol) to go to White Marsh taking them even further north away from Potomac.  

I want Jamaican food and a Red Stripe stat!

• Like 4

Giselle, Robyn, and Wendy are fixing’ to kill the goose that lays their golden eggs - Bravo money - by their foolishness of not filming with certain cast members. This season has been rendered boringly unwatchable thanks to their unwise actions. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 1/29/2024 at 1:03 PM, drivethroo said:

There are pharmacies/stores in many neighborhoods in Arlington, VA, where Ashley lives. I don't even notice them anymore.

Little known fact: more and more dementia patients are using tinctures to counter successfully the anxiety and anger that often comes as dementia progresses. My friend worked hard with a doctor to find the right formula that works for my friend's wife.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

You know Primetimer, some us don't have a life. Don't shut down on us like that again😟

You know how when you lose power, you turn on the light switches when you go into a room, even though you know it's not going to work?

Yeah.  Me.  All week.

• Like 3
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/28/2024 at 8:54 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Giz and Ashley doing the leggings thing, so original. Giz says they want bedazzeled leggings, leggings that can go day to night?

I sometime wonder if those beautiful green eyes are blind.....Nah, her fashions are just that bad

• LOL 6
On 1/28/2024 at 11:58 PM, drivethroo said:

The name of this episode should've been WEED because they talked about it in almost every scene.  I would die laughing if Karen and her family turned the family farm into a weed farm.  I know Virginia passed some new laws regarding weed back in 2021.  Maybe she & Eddie can team up for a special Mid Atlantic blend (or he could grow his supply on her farm).

Ladies and gentlemen...

Please see the birthplace of the best business idea to come out of a housewives show.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1