Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

And everyone is weeping and bawling and rending their garments like she's heading off to her execution, or being transported across the sea or something. 

Here we are, the mattress in the back of the van. Welcome back, old friend. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

“I don’t know how long I can go before we have to stop for some fast food.”

Depends on how many snack and what kind she has packed for the road! 

Looks like Damian can drive.  Good for him.  And her being in the back... that's gotta be hard on the body.  The views are gorgeous though.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

If someone is on SNAP or foodstamps, does the allotment increase if prices increase?

SNAP benefits have nearly doubled since the pandemic. I see monthly allotments in my office that are more than the household monthly income.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

He seems a bit slow in general; I was worried about him from the "sparkling personality" comment about this gloomy talking mattress.

Gloomy talking mattress! I am DEAD!

• LOL 5
(edited)

Broken down car. They can't run the AC. Oy oy. Something tells me they don't have a AAA platinum membership

Edited by lemoncake
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
4 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

Serious question. After the pandemic food prices have gone way up. How can these people, who look like they live on the edge anyway, able to afford 2 carts of groceries?

I was thinking the same thing, also many of them eat a lot of fast food.  Fast food is not cheap, in Canada a Big Mac meal is around 15 bucks

• Mind Blown 1
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

If someone is on SNAP or foodstamps, does the allotment increase if prices increase?

I don't know if the allotment increases if prices increase - unless there's some general COLA increase like they do with social security. However, one of my sister's children has 4 kids and works in retail. She got increased stamps during and after the pandemic until just a few months ago.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
Just now, Suzywriter said:

SNAP benefits have nearly doubled since the pandemic. I see monthly allotments in my office that are more than the household monthly income.

Can SNAP be used for fast food or is it just for actual groceries?

1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

Another poundicipant driving around dangerously because the man in her life can't for whatever reason 🫤.  And looks like he's unable to push her wheelchair either, since her daughter has to. 🤨. Nice. 

No - he is driving now. 

OMG - there are literally flames coming out of the engine.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think they deliver in more rural areas. I didn't see when they left their house if they are in a more rural part of Idaho or a closer suburb?

It looks rather rural.  

I'm really hoping for her to embrace the program, and get better.    Four hours might be a record for a road trip, and now the SUV is falling apart.   I hate that her daughter is her caretaker too.   At least they were able to get help, and rent a vehicle for the trip.  At least the rental has air conditioning.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2

I dont; supposed anyone thought about getting the car thoroughly checked before leaving on a 25 hour trip.

Advanced planning abilities and ballooning to 600 pounds rarely co-occur in the same person... 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Can SNAP be used for fast food or is it just for actual groceries?

I don't think so. I don't even think all grocery stores accept it but maybe most of the bigger chains do?

• Like 1

I dont; supposed anyone thought about getting the car thoroughly checked before leaving on a 25 hour trip.

Beat me to it, Auntie! I was just agog. "They didn't have a mechanic check the car first?" Dear sweet tap dancing chubby cheeked babby Jeebus. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

Broken down car. They can't run the AC. Oy oy. Something tells me they don't have a AAA platinum membership

Or car insurance.

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

My puppy is chewing throughout the show. Makes for an interesting background soundtrack.

What kind of puppy and are there pictures?

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Who's she calling? Triple A? "I'm stuck by the side of the fricken highway!". What a sparkling personality! 

Many  insurance policies have towing included...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Maybe if they give her wheelchair a hard push, she can get to Texas.

Or they could hitchhike!

That is NOT a safe place to pull off. It’s in the middle of the sit lane.

• Like 1
Just now, Hellga said:

Many  insurance policies have towing included...

Its pretty limited typically. Thats why we have the Cadillac AAA membership. No way am I getting stuck anywhere

• Applause 1
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

the clip on fans are a great idea. 

looks like the cap is just loose. Let it cool, add water, tighten it up. 

@Suzywriter, I am going to call you from now on whenever I am in a jam. You always know what to do! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Sitting for hours on the side of the road in the heat and with someone her size?  And the two women and a dog waiting in the dark... Yeah, I would be at a low point too.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think so. I don't even think all grocery stores accept it but maybe most of the bigger chains do?

You can only use SNAP for grocery items. Most stores take SNAP, even the corner stores and bodegas around here do. 

• Like 1
Just now, Hellga said:

How did they find an Uber able to accommodate her????   How do you even specify that request? 

Not joking - Uber XL. I think they go up to seven passengers.

The rental agency people are going to wonder about that 'dead body smell' after days of her riding in the heat...

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
Just now, Elizzikra said:

All major corporate grocery stores accept SNAP, even Trader Joes, BJ, Costco and Whole Foods. They'd lose federal subsidies if they didn't. Small independent stores might not but they'd be crazy not to. All cold or room temperature food is eligible, whether it's chips and soda or prime rib. 

Fast food, or hot ready to eat food is banned. For instance, you can get a cold premade sandwich or a cold rotisserie but not a hot chicken or hot sandwich. Stores get around this by selling some foods cold and having a way to heat it after it is paid for. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I bet most do. It's guaranteed money. In poor neighborhoods, even the little corner stores or bodegas take stamps, because that's what their customers have. 

• Like 2